First Sighting of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Wave 2 in Canada

Transformers News: First Sighting of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Wave 2 in Canada

Tuesday, March 24th, 2015 6:35PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 18,258

All 4 Combiner Wars wave 2 deluxe class toys were spotted in Canada at a Walmart in Laval (on Saint Martin). This wave includes Air Raid, Dead End, Offroad and Breakdown. These are priced at 19.92 $ cdn and do not include the comic book due to language laws.

Credit(s): william-james88
Re: First Sighting of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Wave 2 in Canada (1666552)
Posted by steve2275 on March 24th, 2015 @ 6:36pm CDT
so theres hope for u s
Re: First Sighting of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Wave 2 in Canada (1666553)
Posted by Yotsuyasan on March 24th, 2015 @ 6:36pm CDT
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:Nobody buys it or any other transformer because the have too and saying so is ignorant.

They buy it because they want to because they might actually like the toy.

I may have joked in my last post that that is why I bought Combiner Wars Optimus, but there is truth to this. I used to buy every Optimus I could. But I didn't like how Beast Hunters Optimus looked, so didn't buy any version of him. Also, by the time AOE came out, I was seriously done with the Bay films, and didn't even want to buy any of the related Optimus Primes. (Although I may eventually give in on the Evasion Mode mold.) Finally, I've yet to get any related to the new cartoon.

So yeah... Once I bought every Optimus Prime I could. But these days, I am a little more discerning. And the Combiner Wars one made the cut.
Re: First Sighting of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Wave 2 in Canada (1666554)
Posted by Shockwave7 on March 24th, 2015 @ 6:37pm CDT
Quoth my brother: "They sure know how to keep us buying figures, don't they?"
Re: First Sighting of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Wave 2 in Canada (1666555)
Posted by Deadput on March 24th, 2015 @ 6:38pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:All 4 Combiner Wars wave 2 deluxe class toys were spotted in Canada at a Walmart in Laval (on Saint Martin).These are priced at 19.92 $ cdn and do not include the comic book due to language laws.

I really hate prices here in Canada I used to be able to buy Transformers left and right a few years ago but now the ridiculous prices mean I only get about 5 Transformers a year.

5 Transformers for an entire year.

Really hate life outside of my house.
Re: First Sighting of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Wave 2 in Canada (1666557)
Posted by Deadput on March 24th, 2015 @ 6:44pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:Matter of opinion. He has his, you have yours.

Define "recent times."

1: A matter of opinion can only go so far before it becomes a bullcrap statement like it does here stating on how it doesn't look like a Transformer.

2: recent times being from Generations to Combiner Wars.

Re: First Sighting of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Wave 2 in Canada (1666562)
Posted by megatronus on March 24th, 2015 @ 6:54pm CDT
This news about Slingshot and Wildrider is awesome. At least Menasor's derpy knees can match now!

That said, Alpha Bravo and Offroad are better.
Re: First Sighting of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Wave 2 in Canada (1666563)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 24th, 2015 @ 7:07pm CDT
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:Matter of opinion. He has his, you have yours.

Define "recent times."

2: recent times being from Generations to Combiner Wars. Generations/Combiner Wars is not a toyline about being direct remakes of G1 or about what fans want but a toyline of strong homages to Generation 1 and IDW and a nice treat to the dedicated fans in hopes they can slowly accept other things.
Is that an official Hasbro statement regarding the toy line? Or is it your opinion?

Also, Generations has been going for years now. Considering that, I agree with his statement of CW Prime's engineering and design being steps backwards compared to a vast majority of the Generations figures.
Re: First Sighting of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Wave 2 in Canada (1666566)
Posted by Deadput on March 24th, 2015 @ 7:22pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:That's not a valid argument on your part. If that's his opinion of the figure, that's his opinion.

1. Its his opinion but there is such thing as an opinion being wrong he said it doesn't look like a Transformer when thats not the case.

2. It's neither it's just obviously what the point of the line is from what me and others see (I have discussed this matter with other people so I'm not alone in this mindset)

3. Of course its not going to be the same standard as the past since nowadays Hasbro has multiple lines and there is not as much plastic as there used to be leading to cheap quality feeling toys and hollow parts but it doesn't mean that its going backwards its just more simple and less detailed.
Re: First Sighting of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Wave 2 in Canada (1666569)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 24th, 2015 @ 7:34pm CDT
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:

OK, I can accept that. He did say it looked like a Power Ranger, and that's being a bit harsh.

So it is just your opinion, that happens to be shared by others, including myself. However, that doesn't make it the official purpose of the line. It's just what we think it is.

...cheap quality feeling toys and hollow parts but it doesn't mean that its going backwards its just more simple and less detailed.
Re: First Sighting of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Wave 2 in Canada (1666570)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on March 24th, 2015 @ 7:36pm CDT
So awesome!
Re: First Sighting of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Wave 2 in Canada (1666573)
Posted by redoutlander on March 24th, 2015 @ 7:51pm CDT
Well they both look like good figures to me! I'm still not 100% sure what my Superion will look like though. I've had mix feelings about Alpha Bravo. I like having a non jet and the name is cool but Alpha's body is too long and a triple tail section is just too much (I'm a aircraft mechanic and it drives me crazy how wrong that is). That said he has grown on me. So I'll look around for Quickslinger but won't be mad if I miss out.
Re: First Sighting of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Wave 2 in Canada (1666577)
Posted by Ironhidensh on March 24th, 2015 @ 7:56pm CDT
Re: First Sighting of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Wave 2 in Canada (1666579)
Posted by Deadput on March 24th, 2015 @ 8:00pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:That's exactly what it means. It's regressing in quality, engineering and aesthetics. That's going backwards in every facet of a Transformer figure.

Being less detailed is not going backwards.

We don't need unnecessary detail as as the toy is good and fun to play/pose with.
Re: First Sighting of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Wave 2 in Canada (1666580)
Posted by Deadput on March 24th, 2015 @ 8:02pm CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:I'm so glad I didn't break down and pull the trigger on Alpha Bravo now! My Superion will have real airiel bots now!

There always was real Aerialbots that just happened to have a couple of new members.

New members is always a good thing.
Re: First Sighting of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Wave 2 in Canada (1666581)
Posted by Editor on March 24th, 2015 @ 8:02pm CDT
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:I hate taxes I feel that the governments are raising the prices of everything on purpose so they can control everyone or else they go homeless.

Really hate life outside of my house.

If we were talking gas, smoke, booze, property values, i'd be right with you in blaming Ottawa but it's not the government on this one my friend. This is a direct result of the Canadian economy take a hit against the US greenback. This is both in part to the drop in the price of oil (Alberta will take the brunt of this) and the recent gains made by the American economy against the Asian and European markets.
Re: First Sighting of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Wave 2 in Canada (1666586)
Posted by Thadicon on March 24th, 2015 @ 8:23pm CDT
NuclearConvoy wrote:So awesome!

Second that :D

I cant wait for these to come out
Re: First Sighting of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Wave 2 in Canada (1666590)
Posted by Deadput on March 24th, 2015 @ 8:36pm CDT
Editor wrote:

Really hate life outside of my house.

Thank you for correcting me I use Government because I did not know which was the accurate description so I used what I thought was close enough.
Re: First Sighting of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Wave 2 in Canada (1666591)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on March 24th, 2015 @ 8:44pm CDT
They don't look special at all.
Re: First Sighting of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Wave 2 in Canada (1666593)
Posted by King Kuuga on March 24th, 2015 @ 8:56pm CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:They don't look special at all.

What were you expecting? Figures that outstripped everything else in the line?
Re: First Sighting of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Wave 2 in Canada (1666595)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on March 24th, 2015 @ 9:01pm CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:They don't look special at all.

Your face doesn't look special at all.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #219 - Big Cat Convoy
"Big Cat Convoy"
Posted: Monday, March 18th, 2019

Buy "4 Transformers Age of Extinction movie CUP Topper Figure set Keychain Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS AOE DELUXE CROSSHAIRS ~ DINOBOT SLUG REFLECTOR ~ AOE DINOBOT SLASH" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Blitzwing Loyal Subjects Series 3 Vinyl Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age Of Extinction Takara AD25 Slash" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition OPTIMUS PRIME Complete Year Of The Snake" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age Of Extinction Takara AD29 Slog" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age Of Extinction Takara AD32 Stinger" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Flip and Change Grimlock Figure a6153 10"" on EBAY