First Strike #4 iTunes Preview

First Strike #4 iTunes Preview

Thursday, September 14th, 2017 4:16am CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 13,879

And saving the Hasbro-iest preview for last, but certainly not least, we have the first three pages of First Strike #4! Wow, September 27th is just going to be packed full of comic-book goodness, isn't it? Make sure to pick this title up on release day and come back to the Energon Pub forums to discuss it when it's reviewed.

Transformers News: First Strike #4 iTunes Preview

Transformers News: First Strike #4 iTunes Preview

Transformers News: First Strike #4 iTunes Preview

Credit(s): iTunes

Re: First Strike #4 iTunes Preview (1910846)
Posted by Kurona on September 14th, 2017 @ 6:48am CDT
God I need to start reading Micronauts again. The preview alone reminded me why I loved it so much.
Re: First Strike #4 iTunes Preview (1910873)
Posted by dragons on September 14th, 2017 @ 8:19am CDT
like art its shame no comic stores around me to check out series
Re: First Strike #4 iTunes Preview (1910886)
Posted by ScottyP on September 14th, 2017 @ 9:00am CDT
dragons wrote:like art its shame no comic stores around me to check out series

Digital: comixology.com, iTunes, Amazon (Kindle e-delivery)

To order print books, I like midtowncomics.com

Disclaimer: that's US centric, if you're elsewhere I don't have instant recall for helpful resources
Re: First Strike #4 iTunes Preview (1910920)
Posted by Big Grim on September 14th, 2017 @ 11:20am CDT
ScottyP wrote:In this continuity, Miles Mayhem had all of the vehicles built based on Cybertronian tech derived from Blitzwing. The Rhino was given to Bruno Sheppard, who has the half metal face in the pages above. Sheppard has beef with Matt Trakker because Trakker focused on a mission instead of saving him from the fire that messed up his face.

Cliff Dagger was introduced in the MASK Annual and does have the Jackhammer, but he hasn't been used in several months.

Cheers. I loved MASK as a kid. Firefly had to be my favorite vehicle though.

ScottyP wrote:
Daniel Adkins wrote:The actual reasoning is even stupider than that.
I had blocked that out of memory. The MASK book is so bad. I wish it weren't :/

So not worth picking up?

I'm so far behind with TF and IDW issues.
Re: First Strike #4 iTunes Preview (1910976)
Posted by ScottyP on September 14th, 2017 @ 5:16pm CDT
Big Grim wrote:So not worth picking up?

I'm so far behind with TF and IDW issues.
I'd say if you can get the trades later at a big discount (aka Amazon or through an inevitable digital sale), you probably won't hate it. That's as close as I can get in good conscience to recommending it.

Now the M.A.S.K. Annual somehow both ended up being awesome and being the only real significant link to TF stories through the run. I do recommend it, very fun read. This is probably because it's a loose retelling of MASK's pilot episode, "The Deathstone", only using this new IDW Hasbroverse.
Re: First Strike #4 iTunes Preview (1911023)
Posted by Tigertrack on September 14th, 2017 @ 8:14pm CDT
GI Joe fans should at least sort of like MASK. Honestly. I didn't hate it, but I didn't buy a single copy either. Perks. Also, my comic store would have had to order it, and I can't get into that kind of committed relationship, with only a 'don't hate it' comic.
Re: First Strike #4 iTunes Preview (1911024)
Posted by Tigertrack on September 14th, 2017 @ 8:17pm CDT
Forgot to mention... Firecracker was my favorite as a kid, followed by Stinger and Volcano. Those toys were so fun... Lots of good stuff that I never had too. Bulldog, Razorback... And they even had a countach lambo... Lovely toys.
Re: First Strike #4 iTunes Preview (1911032)
Posted by ScottyP on September 14th, 2017 @ 10:17pm CDT
I really like Firefly and Slingshot (Aerialbots separated at birth? :O ) but my favorite was Goliath. Finding it years after the line was over on clearance in a beat up box at the Friendly Center TRU in Greensboro, which was the next town over, is one of my fondest childhood memories for some reason.
Re: First Strike #4 iTunes Preview (1911168)
Posted by Bounti76 on September 15th, 2017 @ 2:36pm CDT
Re: First Strike #4 iTunes Preview (1911175)
Posted by Daniel Adkins on September 15th, 2017 @ 3:14pm CDT
Bounti76 wrote:Dumb question Micronauts fans can answer:Shazraella "enerchanged" with (who it's assumed for now is) Antagony. Does that kill the fembot, or just kind of put her in stasis?

Hard to know. So far the only time we've seen a Microspacian enerchange with a Cybertronian was Baron Karza with the stasis-locked, near-dead body of Micronus Prime. But given that some of the Dire Wraiths that Karza enerchanged with during Revolution later showed up alive (Caleb Awan and Axiom in particular), I'd guess that Shaz enerchanging with Antagony wouldn't kill her.
Re: First Strike #4 iTunes Preview (1911833)
Posted by Big Grim on September 19th, 2017 @ 12:26pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:
Big Grim wrote:So not worth picking up?

I'm so far behind with TF and IDW issues.

Hrm. That's a damned shame. Will keep an eye out though. Cheers Dude. :)
Re: First Strike #4 iTunes Preview (1911906)
Posted by ScottyP on September 19th, 2017 @ 10:14pm CDT
Via PreviewsWorld, the 10-copy Retailer Incentive cover for the upcoming First Strike: Optimus Prime one-shot has been revealed. According to PreviewsWorld, this cover features artwork by Nick Bradshaw, and has been mirrored below.

(W) John Barber (A) Guido Guidi (CA) Nick Bradshaw
With Cybertron under siege by Baron Ironblood's forces, Optimus Prime and Arcee defend their homeland! Caught in the middle is the human/Transformer team known as the Revolutionaries-and one of them has a secret that puts everyone at risk!

Just for fun, and with its tenth anniversary upon us, why not check out the completely unrelated Seibertron.com gallery for the toy that shares the same name as this upcoming comic!
Re: First Strike #4 iTunes Preview (1911994)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on September 20th, 2017 @ 10:58am CDT
Just in time for the comic to be released, we have a full preview courtesy of CBR for the new GI Joe First Strike comic! The comic is being released today, so read up on the preview below, and determine if this preview is enough to encourage you to go out and buy the full thing!

Re: First Strike #4 iTunes Preview (1912026)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on September 20th, 2017 @ 12:28pm CDT
I imagine with that cover, one wrong bump and Scarlet is going flying.
Re: First Strike #4 iTunes Preview (1912666)
Posted by Burn on September 24th, 2017 @ 11:51pm CDT
Scarlet falling off would be the least problem with this book.

It was atrocious, why IDW continue to call G.I. Joe "The Crown Jewel" is beyond me. "A Real American Hero" is a vastly superior book compared to the Hasbroverse G.I. Joe book.
Re: First Strike #4 iTunes Preview (1912907)
Posted by Va'al on September 26th, 2017 @ 2:58am CDT
Out this week from IDW Publishing are two next chapter in the current Hasbro universe that involve Transformers - and first up, we're looking at First Strike #4, the current day events, and the attack to Cybertron with Shazraella's involvement. Check it out below!

First Strike #4—Cover A: Freddie E. Williams II
Mairghread Scott & David Rodriguez (w) • Max Dunbar (a) • Freddie E. Williams II (c)
Captured by Transformers! Even with the Autobots on their side, G.I. Joe is in trouble! Starscream doesn’t trust anyone, much less armed humans who show up during Cybertron’s darkest hour and he’ll do anything he can to keep G.I. Joe under control—including let COBRA get even closer to their goal! FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
The Hasbro comic book crossover event of 2017 is here!
Time is running out! It’s G.I. Joe and M.A.S.K. vs. the Transformers vs. the other Transformers vs. COBRA!
We’re in the home-stretch! It wouldn’t be hard to envision what is coming down the line! No tricks, no illusions, no holograms! So pony up because it is about to get wild! Okay, maybe not everything is part of the shared line, but some exciting stuff is! It’ll be a whole new status quo with all-new books!
Variant covers by Jay Fosgitt, Davide Fabbri, and Leonardo Manco!

Re: First Strike #4 iTunes Preview (1912924)
Posted by bluecatcinema on September 26th, 2017 @ 7:33am CDT
"And now we're back to genocide. Why did I ever think politics would be less violent than war?"

Good one, 'Screamer.
Re: First Strike #4 iTunes Preview (1912936)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on September 26th, 2017 @ 9:03am CDT
Look at that, Starscream being the voice of reason. Looks like Ghost Bee and the whole Vigilem incident really affected him.
Re: First Strike #4 iTunes Preview (1912996)
Posted by Va'al on September 26th, 2017 @ 12:50pm CDT
In other Hasbro First Strike news this week, from IDW Publishing's releases, we have another of the tie-in issues from the various titles participating in the crossover event: Micronauts #1! Take a look a the full preview below, and let us know what you think in the discussion on the Energon Pub boards.

Micronauts: First Strike #1—Cover A: Nelson Daniel
Christos Gage (w) • Chris Panda (a) • Nelson Daniel (c)
Rom, remaining on Earth as the events of First Strike take place, finds himself in a most unusual team-up… with Earth’s smallest heroes, The Micronauts! Together, these two forces must prevent a catastrophe on Earth even while Cybertron descends into chaos!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
Tying into the events of First Strike—A Hasbro Comic Book Event!
The first part of the Micronauts and Rom’s story—continued in next month’s ROM: First Strike #1!
Variant cover by Nick Bradshaw!

Re: First Strike #4 iTunes Preview (1913083)
Posted by ebonyleopard on September 26th, 2017 @ 9:38pm CDT
The writing is good when Starscream becomes the rational sounding one. Why to flesh out his character with humongous growth.

Gotta say this First Strike crossover may be the best IDW had done so far. (Just don't do a Marvel and make this a yearly thing).

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS FALL OF CYBERTRON BLASTER AND STEELJAW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Fall Of Cybertron Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Deluxe Class Decepticon Starscream New" on EBAY
Buy "2013 SDCC Hasbro Exclusive: TRANSFORMERS VS GI JOE Jetfire" on EBAY
Buy "SOUNDBLASTER Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Voyager Figure 2012" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Fall of Cybertron OPTIMUS PRIME Deluxe Class, New/Sealed (2011)" on EBAY
Buy "2007 SDCC Exclusive Transformers Alternators Ford GT Rodimus MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Buzzworthy Clunker Bumblebee 27BB vs Barricade 28BB Studio Series" on EBAY