First Transformers Robots in Disguise Kre-o set sighting at Canadian retail

First Transformers Robots in Disguise Kre-o set sighting at Canadian retail

Wednesday, May 6th, 2015 8:57pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 27,225

Transformers Robots in Disguise (2015) Kre-O Sets have been spotted at retail in Walmart in Montreal, Canada, by yours truly.

The sets found were:

sideswipe roadway rundown

Transformers News: First Transformers Robots in Disguise Kre-o set sighting at Canadian retail

bumblebee disc demolisher

strongarm capture cruiser

underbite jepack takedown

These may have been spotted in the wild before, but no one contacted us to let us know. So please, if you see something that can potentially be front page news, please contact us with pictures.

On a kre-o side note, the battlechangers have also been found here for a while but since it was never posted yet, I thought I could also mention it here. Since these sets are no longer in the Transformer aisle, they can easily be missed and this is just a reminder that they are around.

Credit(s): william-james88

This article was last modified on Thursday, May 7th, 2015 1:46pm CDT

Re: First Transformers Robots in Disguise Kre-o set sighting at Canadian retail (1682994)
Posted by durroth on May 7th, 2015 @ 12:00am CDT
gangster soundwave and starscream... man, that hair. THAT HAIR.
Re: First Transformers Robots in Disguise Kre-o set sighting at Canadian retail (1683015)
Posted by King Kuuga on May 7th, 2015 @ 3:29am CDT
Re: First Transformers Robots in Disguise Kre-o set sighting at Canadian retail (1683156)
Posted by Editor on May 7th, 2015 @ 2:53pm CDT
As I mentioned before I'm pretty sure I spotted those at the Wal-Mart out here, but I didn't get a good look at them. I could tell there was a restock but I only had time to check for CW at the time as we were running late, and I'm pretty much sticking to the Kreon packs only. The Battle packs were there as well.

That Bot wrote:I didn't realize Kre-O designs were outsourced to begin with. Where can I learn more about this topic?

If you haven't already this is a good place to start.
Re: First Transformers Robots in Disguise Kre-o set sighting at Canadian retail (1683186)
Posted by MaverickPrime on May 7th, 2015 @ 4:07pm CDT
Re: First Transformers Robots in Disguise Kre-o set sighting at Canadian retail (1683189)
Posted by william-james88 on May 7th, 2015 @ 4:19pm CDT
MaverickPrime wrote:These actually look pretty fun! Why do they get so much flak? They're not taking themselves seriously, why should we?

I dont think they are getting that much flak. I like the quality on these, they do indeed look fun, and they are at a cheaper price point than Lego.

The part that gets me is the Kre-o figure for Underbite. Its like the robot mode if his Robot mode on the show was another robot's beat mode.
Re: First Transformers Robots in Disguise Kre-o set sighting at Canadian retail (1683235)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 7th, 2015 @ 5:55pm CDT
Because children's playthings are SERIOUS BUSINESS to certain parts of this fandom.
Re: First Transformers Robots in Disguise Kre-o set sighting at Canadian retail (1688052)
Posted by Seibertron on May 20th, 2015 @ 4:50pm CDT
Due to concern that new or current Kre-o Transformers products won't be released in the United States, but have been showing up elsewhere such as Canada (such as the Kre-o Robots In Disguise products and other products shown at Toy Fair 2015 and NYCC 2014, I asked Hasbro about the current status of the Kre-o Transformers products. Earlier this afternoon, Hasbro provided Seibertron.com with an official statement regarding everyone's favorite building block toys!

Hasbro wrote:As of this moment, there are no plans for the 2015 KRE-O Transformers: Robots in Disguise line, currently available in Canada, to be available for purchase in the U.S. However, we do have some exciting KRE-O special edition items planned for San Diego Comic-Con, and we look forward to sharing details about those soon, as well as more news about the future of the KRE-O brand.

Re: First Transformers Robots in Disguise Kre-o set sighting at Canadian retail (1688064)
Posted by megatronus on May 20th, 2015 @ 5:20pm CDT
Is that a Kre-O Trypticon??
Re: First Transformers Robots in Disguise Kre-o set sighting at Canadian retail (1688068)
Posted by Seibertron on May 20th, 2015 @ 5:25pm CDT
megatronus wrote:Is that a Kre-O Trypticon??

I'm assuming that's Robots In Disguise Underbite
Re: First Transformers Robots in Disguise Kre-o set sighting at Canadian retail (1688072)
Posted by Editor on May 20th, 2015 @ 6:03pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
megatronus wrote:Is that a Kre-O Trypticon??

I'm assuming that's Robots In Disguise Underbite

If that is from the same set I believe it is, yes that should be Underbite.
Re: First Transformers Robots in Disguise Kre-o set sighting at Canadian retail (1688074)
Posted by Madeus Prime on May 20th, 2015 @ 6:05pm CDT
Please let it be a sequel set to the Class of '84!!!
Re: First Transformers Robots in Disguise Kre-o set sighting at Canadian retail (1688078)
Posted by dragons on May 20th, 2015 @ 6:18pm CDT
Editor wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
megatronus wrote:Is that a Kre-O Trypticon??

I'm assuming that's Robots In Disguise Underbite

If that is from the same set I believe it is, yes that should be Underbite.

Oh that's sad if it where trypticon I buy it on site look forward to see kreo city tranaformer, transformer with cowboy hat and smokestacks.........
Re: First Transformers Robots in Disguise Kre-o set sighting at Canadian retail (1688091)
Posted by Rated X on May 20th, 2015 @ 6:52pm CDT
Good. Whatever country is getting them can have em lol.

But on a serious note, im sure the reason is based on business. Kreo sales spoke for themselves in the US. Many store shelves kept nice and warm during the height of the kreo outbreak. Kreo figures are too small for little kids, and too dumb for older kids. Its a very bizarro niche market for people who like to collect cute things. Maybe the MLP or hello kitty crowd bought into it. Its the Asian market I guess...
Re: First Transformers Robots in Disguise Kre-o set sighting at Canadian retail (1688110)
Posted by Editor on May 20th, 2015 @ 7:19pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Good. Whatever country is getting them can have em lol.

The only response I will give to this is that while it is true that the US currently is not getting the newer Transformers Kreo sets, there have been other sets like everything after the first set of GIJoe Kreo that wasn't made available because it was only set to the States. It's a calculation of return.

I have bought a lot of Kreo, and I certainly is not because they are cute. Yes it is based on Business, and yes these may be niche, but I would think the bigger fact is that they believe they feel they can not compete in the US aisles against the LEGO juggernaut of Avengers, Star Wars and possibly the new Jurassic Park/World series that's coming out then any cute overlying factor.
Re: First Transformers Robots in Disguise Kre-o set sighting at Canadian retail (1688119)
Posted by Tsutsukakushi on May 20th, 2015 @ 7:35pm CDT
Still can't believe Hasbro is making newer toys for this line. As so many brick and mortar stores in my area Haven't carried any Kreo products in years.

In my area within a 70 miles driving distance. Noticed all of the Targets, Walmarts, Kmarts and Kohl's. Have stopped carrying Kreo for years.

Only Toysrus brick and mortar stores are carrying a low supply of Kreo toys.

Wondering if Toysrus and some online sites. Offer enough orders to keep the Kreo line from getting canceled.
Re: First Transformers Robots in Disguise Kre-o set sighting at Canadian retail (1688123)
Posted by Editor on May 20th, 2015 @ 7:40pm CDT
Remember in the US, that TRU is suppose to have Kre-o as an exclusive.
Re: First Transformers Robots in Disguise Kre-o set sighting at Canadian retail (1688178)
Posted by primalxconvoy on May 20th, 2015 @ 9:47pm CDT
Since it came out, I have always been underwhelmed by Kreon TF's. I suspect that the main reason was that a non-TF division was making Tf toys (just like the ill-fated Titanium, SW/Marvel Crossover toys, too), but it isn't an excuse.

Takara made some pretty cool "Myclone" TF minifigs several years ago and numerous official and unofficial third party companies have made SD style TF figures and "non-transforming" Tf figures and vehicles sucessfully.

In Japan, aboutr 12 years ago, I saw some great Lego style figures. Each one transformed into a robot (from an animal, car or other thing, pending on the team they were in), came with a pilot minifig AND combined with others into a GESTAULT.

Kreons, should have transformed just as well, as there really was no excuse for the awful first generation "non-transforming" sets we got. Failing that (perhaps Hasbo didn't want one toyline canabalising sales from another?), they could have done more to sell the minifigs (sans all of the silly "weapon racks, etc") as collectors items (like the Myclones). I was really interested in the Comicon set myself, but couldn't get hold of it. Keyring versions (like Lego have), tshirts, special artist versions (Bape?), etc.

For the kids, they could have made great mechsuits and vehicles, by taking a leaf out of the Lego/Anime knockoff things (not the Ninja one, the other one) and looking back at the Actionmaster playsets.

Regardless of my ideas, I think it's fair to say that Hasbro have demonstrated a sizeable omount of inexperience in this field, with a product that still has lots of potential.
Re: First Transformers Robots in Disguise Kre-o set sighting at Canadian retail (1688194)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 20th, 2015 @ 10:25pm CDT
Kre-O couldn't seem to catch a break. The Kreons proved to be quite popular, and given how commonplace brick-based minifigures are they should've done really good --and the customizability should've been another win-- but for whatever reasons most retailers just wouldn't bite. Even trying new formulas didn't help. And indeed these historical and transformable figures are so far removed from the standard Kreon I doubt many Kre-O fans would even want them.

Though truth be told Kre-O did have a nice run. Making the 9 major G1 Combiner teams is no small feat.
Re: First Transformers Robots in Disguise Kre-o set sighting at Canadian retail (1688205)
Posted by MaverickPrime on May 20th, 2015 @ 10:52pm CDT
I wonder what the fate of Kreo is gonna be here in Mexico, we only got the AoE stuff, nothing else, not even the blind packed releases or the combiners, just the new AoE guys
Re: First Transformers Robots in Disguise Kre-o set sighting at Canadian retail (1688742)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 22nd, 2015 @ 1:41am CDT
The Micro changers were all that I ever bought and I thought they were good, for what they were. At the time Kre-O launched Spinmaster released the Ionix brick system and that was by far a better transforming brick, that ultimately failed too. I bought a great deal of the GI Joe sets since those were vehicles that will probably never be released in the 4" line. Unfortunately my interest in Kre-O died with a sudden stop when I had to break down a bunch of sets to decorate for Christmas, and they were stopping with the codes on the blind bags. Lego has too much of a hold on the toy isles, and a vocal fan base that will shout down any other brand.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers The Last Knight Premier Edition Berserker" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Movie B-127 Deluxe Class Studio Series SS-70" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro Generations Thrilling 30 Trailcutter Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Drift, Dropkick, and Berserker" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen Runamuck Ironhide Sparkcrusher Mudflap Swerve" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers lot of 3  - Generations Select - Deluxe - Ricochet - Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Vintage Takara Pretender Leader Metalhawk Inner Robot Japan" on EBAY