First View of CDMW-01 Devastator Head Packaging and Assembled Look

First View of CDMW-01 Devastator Head Packaging and Assembled Look

Tuesday, November 24th, 2009 6:38pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 32,110

For those who have ordered the CDHW-01 Devastator Head off of CrazyDevy, it looks like your package will be arriving in the near future. Energon Pub Member Torneira recieved his today and has taken some pictures. You can check them out below, as well as what he has to say about the product.

Well, I have received the new headmold for Devastator and I must say it looks very cool. It needs some assembly with a cross head screwdriver but it ain't too difficult. Unfortunately to turn the light on or to keep it burning, when it's placed inside the head is the hard part... It took me several attempts, due to the sensitivity of the little led-light. But I succeeded to do so atlast.

Batteries are included and need to placed inside with the written side (+) upside down in the rightupstanding head. You can re-use your screws from your Devastator figure to attach the head tight on the body. But the instructions on the backside of the package will show you how to do it.

Re: CDMW-01 Devastator Head of Crazy Devy
Re: CDMW-01 Devastator Head of Crazy Devy
Re: CDMW-01 Devastator Head of Crazy Devy
Re: CDMW-01 Devastator Head of Crazy Devy

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): Torneira

This article was last modified on Tuesday, November 24th, 2009 6:39pm CST

Re: First View of CDMW-01 Devastator Head Packaging and Assembled Look (1022543)
Posted by Rated X on November 24th, 2009 @ 7:25pm CST
I wish my Devastator would hold together like the one in the picture. Great looking head compared to the old one.

Hey I apozigize if Im getting a little off topic but I see this page is for collectors of G1 figures so I gotta ask this question:

Does anybody have any solutions to make decals stick that wont hold ??? Of course without permantaly damaging the plastic. I just bought the Toys-R-Us Insecticons and some decals keep peeling off. I tried rubber cement but this does not work. Anybody have a fix for this common problem ??? Please let me know...Thanks
Re: First View of CDMW-01 Devastator Head Packaging and Assembled Look (1022547)
Posted by dragons on November 24th, 2009 @ 7:33pm CST
whohoo its listed as preorder at bbts 10 dolars more but hey i take it
Re: First View of CDMW-01 Devastator Head Packaging and Assembled Look (1022580)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on November 24th, 2009 @ 10:00pm CST

A 3rd party product on a KO ... seems right somehow.
Re: First View of CDMW-01 Devastator Head Packaging and Assembled Look (1022591)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 24th, 2009 @ 11:27pm CST

ON topic, cool looking upgrade. I can't wait for it to arrive and use it.
Re: First View of CDMW-01 Devastator Head Packaging and Assembled Look (1022595)
Posted by Rated X on November 24th, 2009 @ 11:46pm CST
fenrir72 wrote:@ rated X. WTF rubber cement?! No offense, I'm just shocked! Use elmers glue, preferable the white type, the labels will hold. Don't even try cryoacrylate base adhesives, that will ruin the plastic.

ON topic, cool looking upgrade. I can't wait for it to arrive and use it.

Elmers glue you say ??? Wont that permantly stick to the plastic...or is Elmers water based ???
Im a little nervous to try that, the rubber cement rubbed right off.
Re: First View of CDMW-01 Devastator Head Packaging and Assembled Look (1022611)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 25th, 2009 @ 1:21am CST
Works fine with me. IIRC, all elmers glue are water based paint.
Re: First View of CDMW-01 Devastator Head Packaging and Assembled Look (1022679)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on November 25th, 2009 @ 6:30am CST
Rated X wrote:

ON topic, cool looking upgrade. I can't wait for it to arrive and use it.

Im a little nervous to try that, the rubber cement rubbed right off.

why not just buy reprolabels ? :?
Re: First View of CDMW-01 Devastator Head Packaging and Assembled Look (1022693)
Posted by bengear on November 25th, 2009 @ 7:48am CST
On the stickers not sticking topic...Could there be mold release residue still on the plastic? If so you could try to use a little rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball or q-tip on the spot where the sticker goes before trying to attach it (wait for it to dry of course). I paint wargaming minis and you really need to wash that mold lubricant off of the metal or else your paint won't stick...that might go the same for stickers on plastic.
Re: First View of CDMW-01 Devastator Head Packaging and Assembled Look (1022735)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on November 25th, 2009 @ 11:25am CST
Gauntlet101010 wrote:It looks like this answered another question I had about the set: whether it's work on KO Devestator or not?

A 3rd party product on a KO ... seems right somehow.

I hope so, I'm seriously thinking about getting this and the new leg set for my KO Dev.
Re: First View of CDMW-01 Devastator Head Packaging and Assembled Look (1022814)
Posted by Rated X on November 25th, 2009 @ 5:26pm CST
cannonfodder4000 wrote:
Rated X wrote:

ON topic, cool looking upgrade. I can't wait for it to arrive and use it.

Im a little nervous to try that, the rubber cement rubbed right off.

why not just buy reprolabels ? :?

Are reprolabels those reprints of original labels ??? Actually my labels are brand new as these are the new Toys-R-Us reissue of the Insceticons. The trouble is the stickers that have to be folded over 2 different surfaces dont stay stuck. The stickers on Shrapnels arms and the stickers on Bombshell's feet are the problem. I want to use something that If the stickers loose their luster in a few years, I can peel them off and wash the glue away without permantaly damaging the plastic. Im a little nervous about elmers Im gonna test it first on a few pieces of plastic.
Re: First View of CDMW-01 Devastator Head Packaging and Assembled Look (1025167)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on December 5th, 2009 @ 7:49am CST
Rated X wrote:
cannonfodder4000 wrote:
Rated X wrote:

ON topic, cool looking upgrade. I can't wait for it to arrive and use it.

Im a little nervous to try that, the rubber cement rubbed right off.

why not just buy reprolabels ? :?

plastic.

i dont know if they are reprints but i do know that they are better than the originals
Re: First View of CDMW-01 Devastator Head Packaging and Assembled Look (1025178)
Posted by Counterpunch on December 5th, 2009 @ 9:01am CST
I got this set and it's very nice.

Recommended for anyone with a G1 Devastator.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers WFC Earthrise Ratchet & Lifeline Paradron Medics 2 Pack Sealed NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers RBT Optimus Prime Race Track Trailer Playset" on EBAY
Buy "IDW TRANSFORMERS : ALL HAIL MEGATRON #16 LONG BEACH COMIC CON COVER : NM : RARE!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Trilogy Deluxe Cenurion Drone WFC-E33 NIOB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Quest for the Allspark by Auerbach, Annie" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box: GameStop Exclusive Transformers vs GI Joe - #46 Duke & #45 Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Funko Box: GameStop Exclusive Transformers vs GI Joe - Prime & Cobra Commander" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS01 Voyager G2 Combat Megatron NEW Read" on EBAY