Fixed Headmaster gimmick variant of Generations Brainstorm released

Transformers News: Fixed Headmaster gimmick variant of Generations Brainstorm released

Tuesday, January 20th, 2015 9:45AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 37,173

Just as was the case with Slug last year, Hasbro has made another factory modification. This time, it is with Generations Brainstorm inorder to fix his headmaster gimmick. For those who were not aware, the initially released toys made it difficult to pull the head out of the larger robot, leading sometimes to breakage. The fixed version of Brainstorm has a head that comes out properly.

The package with the "fixed" head can be identified by having a rubberband that holds the head in place during shipping. On the case of Brainstorms that I received, the ones with the fix can be identified by the small code on the back of the box (42791) which is different than the code on the unfixed version (42551). These codes may vary and may possibly not be the codes that identify the fix. Please share your examples with us if you find something that contradicts this information.

To clarify some earlier confusion from our Facebook page and in our discussion topic about this matter, the rubberband has nothing to do with the actual fix other than it can be used to identify which ones have the fix versus ones that don't.

Here are some images showing the differences between the two releases to help you identify the different versions.

Transformers News: Fixed Generations Brainstorm Released by Hasbro

Transformers News: Fixed Generations Brainstorm Released by Hasbro

For those who still have the initial release, the video below shows you how to fix it yourself.

If you're still on the fence about picking up Generations Brainstorm, make sure you check out Seibertron.com's massive gallery of this figure. Also, if you come across this toy at a retail store, make sure you share your sighting it in our Sightings section or on our Sightings forum.

Transformers News: Fixed Generations Brainstorm Released by Hasbro
Re: Fixed Headmaster gimmick variant of Generations Brainstorm released (1641113)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 20th, 2015 @ 9:50am CST
Glad I waited before getting this figure.
Re: Fixed Headmaster gimmick variant of Generations Brainstorm released (1641118)
Posted by Noideaforaname on January 20th, 2015 @ 9:54am CST

I remember when Crankcase had a similar thing, 1st Edition had hastily hacked-off fingers and later editions had remolded hands. Never saw the revised version...
Re: Fixed Headmaster gimmick variant of Generations Brainstorm released (1641119)
Posted by william-james88 on January 20th, 2015 @ 9:56am CST
Noideaforaname wrote:That's cool, but between Whirl still shelf-warming and the Combiner Wars reset I doubt this'll really help anything.

You mean you dont think you'll find any? Were there any ever spotted in your area? Because I never even saw this guy. Actually, I dont think he ever appeared in Canada so far.
Re: Fixed Headmaster gimmick variant of Generations Brainstorm released (1641125)
Posted by Noideaforaname on January 20th, 2015 @ 10:02am CST
Nope, haven't seen Brainstorm. Or Roadbuster, or Nemesis Prime, or Cliffjumper, or any of the lady bots. Not that I'm really looking for any of them, but it sure seems like they're all falling victim to being the last wave.
Re: Fixed Headmaster gimmick variant of Generations Brainstorm released (1641127)
Posted by Cobotron on January 20th, 2015 @ 10:13am CST
I feel like I hear a lot of folks are having a hard time finding Roadbuster. He is shelf warming in my area. Along with Whirl of course. I live in a 3rd tier city and have found all the figures NoIdea listed above. The distribution of these figures is such a mystery.
Re: Fixed Headmaster gimmick variant of Generations Brainstorm released (1641128)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 20th, 2015 @ 10:14am CST
I've seen every Generations Thrilling 30 figure at stores except for Brainstorm.
Re: Fixed Headmaster gimmick variant of Generations Brainstorm released (1641131)
Posted by Cobotron on January 20th, 2015 @ 10:21am CST
He is certainly the most elusive of this bunch. I found the one I have. It was the only one I've seen.
Re: Fixed Headmaster gimmick variant of Generations Brainstorm released (1641132)
Posted by omega666 on January 20th, 2015 @ 10:22am CST
i haven't seen this guy, Chromia, and Arcee at all.
Re: Fixed Headmaster gimmick variant of Generations Brainstorm released (1641134)
Posted by william-james88 on January 20th, 2015 @ 10:26am CST
omega666 wrote:i haven't seen this guy, Chromia, and Arcee at all.

The fix mentioned may be a reason you have not seen him. It could be that the reports of poor quality from the initial release made them halt further distribution inroder to fix it and rerelease it. I am assuming that's the same thing that is going on with Arcee since she too had a running change (with her hand), which halted the distribution of the wave.
Re: Fixed Headmaster gimmick variant of Generations Brainstorm released (1641135)
Posted by Cobotron on January 20th, 2015 @ 10:26am CST
Re: Fixed Headmaster gimmick variant of Generations Brainstorm released (1641136)
Posted by william-james88 on January 20th, 2015 @ 10:28am CST
Cobotron wrote:If it helps anyone who's hunting, I've only found them at Walmart Super Centers. Brainstorm a good 4 weeks before Xmas, and The Fems last week. I really hope these don't get swept under the rug,as they are all really great toys. :-(

Even Chromia?. But then again, if I recall you dont have the original arcee mold it's based on right? The reason I am hesitant about her is due to the mold reuse, I never get the same feeling about transforming a toy for the first time if I already know it's transformation scheme (but that's just me).
Re: Fixed Headmaster gimmick variant of Generations Brainstorm released (1641139)
Posted by Cobotron on January 20th, 2015 @ 10:37am CST
william-james88 wrote:

I do have Arcee, but I haven't had a chance to compare them as she has been packed away for some time. I will be getting her out soon. I would give Chromia a 7.5 out of 10. Her transformation isn't the best, but she has many redeeming qualities.
Knowing what I know about your collection and what you like WJ. I don't know that she is a "must have" for you. ;)
Re: Fixed Headmaster gimmick variant of Generations Brainstorm released (1641140)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 20th, 2015 @ 10:41am CST
william-james88 wrote:

I haven't opened my Chromia yet, but reports claim that there were so many mold changes made to it that it altered the transformation scheme to the point that it no longer transforms like the original Arcee version did.
Re: Fixed Headmaster gimmick variant of Generations Brainstorm released (1641142)
Posted by Cobotron on January 20th, 2015 @ 10:43am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Now you've got me really interested. I will bust out Arcee ASAP. :D
Re: Fixed Headmaster gimmick variant of Generations Brainstorm released (1641150)
Posted by RiddlerJ on January 20th, 2015 @ 11:01am CST
I'm not at my place right now so I can't check until later, but I think I have the fixed version. (I was wondering why his head didn't give me any problems). I ordered my from Hasbro Toy Shop.
Re: Fixed Headmaster gimmick variant of Generations Brainstorm released (1641152)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 20th, 2015 @ 11:03am CST
Cobotron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Now you've got me really interested. I will bust out Arcee ASAP. :D
Generations Chromia is what I was talking about, in comparison to the original Prime RID Arcee mold.
Re: Fixed Headmaster gimmick variant of Generations Brainstorm released (1641157)
Posted by Cobotron on January 20th, 2015 @ 11:22am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Cobotron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Now you've got me really interested. I will bust out Arcee ASAP. :D
Yes. I know. We are on the same page. ;)
Re: Fixed Headmaster gimmick variant of Generations Brainstorm released (1641160)
Posted by megatronus on January 20th, 2015 @ 11:32am CST
I haven't seen Skybyte, Brainstorm, Arcee or Chromia. Come to think of it, I never saw Legends Acid Storm or Gears either.

I saw one Roadbuster at a Target 2 months ago, but it was so banged up I passed on it. It paid off: last week I saw 6 Roadbusters at the Kmart in Penn Station (NYC). Picked up two, and I'm fairly pleased with him.

I just hope the latter waves of the Thrilling 30 Generations figures are distributed along with the first waves of Combiner Wars so we can properly cap 2014 product before moving on to CW proper.
Re: Fixed Headmaster gimmick variant of Generations Brainstorm released (1641171)
Posted by jogunwarrior on January 20th, 2015 @ 12:01pm CST
I'd even be willing to pay shipping for that.
Re: Fixed Headmaster gimmick variant of Generations Brainstorm released (1641182)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on January 20th, 2015 @ 12:52pm CST
jogunwarrior wrote:Hasbro should offer a deal where we can mail them the original, and they can send a "fixed" version in place of it.
I'd even be willing to pay shipping for that.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #228 - Afterthoughts
"Afterthoughts"
Posted: Monday, August 12th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Novastar Nova Star MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Timelines Nova Prime TFCC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Arms Micron M-01 Shining OP Model Kit Clear Dark Blue" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Flip Racers Airport Blastoff Blades" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Universal Studios Exclusive Transformers - Evac Statue 12" Statue" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universal Studios Exclusive Evac" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition CLIFFJUMPER Deluxe Figure Complete PLS READ!" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS FALL OF CYBERTRON FOC SHOCKWAVE DELUXE CLASS 100% COMP." on EBAY