Transformers News: Flame Toys Model Kit and Action Figure Reveals - Stealth Bomber Megatron, Windblade, Rodimus, G1

Wednesday, December 19th, 2018 6:29PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 14,895

Thanks to a heads up from Seibertronian Blackhat, we have word that, thanks to Toys Daily, we have our first look at a bunch of new Flame Toys reveals!

To bring you up to speed really quick, there are 2 different lines Flame Toys is doing: larger several-hundred-dollar fully posable action figures, and smaller, $40ish model kits.

The ranks of the larger action figures (Kuro Kara Kuri) already include IDW Drift, Tarn, Shattered Glass IDW Drift, with an upcoming IDW-esque Optimus Prime, IDW Star Saber, and Victory Leo, who do combine for form Victory Saber. The model kits (Furai) include the Attack Mode Optimus Prime, Starscream, and the soon to be released IDW Optimus, IDW Autobot Megatron, Hound, Bumblebee, and Devastator. None of these figures transform, but they are all officially licensed figures/kits.

With this in mind, the new reveals include a retool of the larger Kuro Kara Kuri Tarn figure, now done as the Fallen, complete with flame effects! The Kuro Kara Kuri reveals also include teasers for a movie-esque jet powered version of the IDW Prime, 2009-2011 ongoing Hot Rod/Rodimus, and a gray prototype 2009-2011 ongoing Stealth Bomber Megatron!

The smaller Furai model kits include a gray prototype look for IDW Drift (not to be confused with the above mentioned more expensive Kuro Kara Kuri version), concept art for Windblade, and a render for a G1 Optimus Prime!

Check it all out below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Credit(s): Toys Daily
Re: Flame Toys Model Kit and Action Figure Reveals - Stealth Bomber Megatron, Windblade, Rodimus, G1 (1999838)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 19th, 2018 @ 6:35pm CST
That fallen looks immense can't wait to see full colour final pictures!
Re: Flame Toys Model Kit and Action Figure Reveals - Stealth Bomber Megatron, Windblade, Rodimus, G1 (1999839)
Posted by UnderYourCloset on December 19th, 2018 @ 6:36pm CST
Wow, Windblade-chan's got ass. Good thing she's already my waifu. Image
Re: Flame Toys Model Kit and Action Figure Reveals - Stealth Bomber Megatron, Windblade, Rodimus, G1 (1999840)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 19th, 2018 @ 6:37pm CST

Drift looks sweet! I'll have the model kit and the actual figure right next to each other!

G1 Prime is a pass, and surprisingly, the first pass of the Furai model kits for me.

The bigger guys look cool. but Star Saber and Victory Leo are calling my name, and that is where I will dedicate my moneys to
Re: Flame Toys Model Kit and Action Figure Reveals - Stealth Bomber Megatron, Windblade, Rodimus, G1 (1999843)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 19th, 2018 @ 6:38pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:That fallen looks immense can't wait to see full colour final pictures!

I feel like the staff should all just group together to buy one for Burn. It could literally be his personification in toy form.

course, I'll be really surprised if Hellscream does't pop over here to look at this thing
Re: Flame Toys Model Kit and Action Figure Reveals - Stealth Bomber Megatron, Windblade, Rodimus, G1 (1999861)
Posted by Crosscheck on December 19th, 2018 @ 7:30pm CST
Did they give Windblade a thong? Really?
Re: Flame Toys Model Kit and Action Figure Reveals - Stealth Bomber Megatron, Windblade, Rodimus, G1 (1999866)
Posted by Nisus on December 19th, 2018 @ 7:43pm CST
If the rest of the kits are like the ones that are already out, they are going to be awesome. Got Nemesis Prime and just pre-ordered Starscream. Even straight built (no paint/panel line), they have a ton of detail.
Re: Flame Toys Model Kit and Action Figure Reveals - Stealth Bomber Megatron, Windblade, Rodimus, G1 (1999891)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on December 19th, 2018 @ 9:06pm CST
WOW that Windblade is so sexualized, chill the fuck out Japan. Like that’s not a robot, that’s a busty Asian woman in cosplay. Let’s hope the final model is a little more tame...

On the plus side, cool to see a Don Fig’s Rodimus design getting some physical form.
Re: Flame Toys Model Kit and Action Figure Reveals - Stealth Bomber Megatron, Windblade, Rodimus, G1 (1999901)
Posted by william-james88 on December 19th, 2018 @ 9:26pm CST
Stormshot_Prime wrote:WOW that Windblade is so sexualized, chill the **** out Japan. Like that’s not a robot, that’s a busty Asian woman in cosplay.

Oh dude, his isnt even the worst, remember this statue?

Re: Flame Toys Model Kit and Action Figure Reveals - Stealth Bomber Megatron, Windblade, Rodimus, G1 (1999908)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on December 19th, 2018 @ 9:48pm CST
At this rate they'll be doing a 100% show-accurate Thunderblast.
Re: Flame Toys Model Kit and Action Figure Reveals - Stealth Bomber Megatron, Windblade, Rodimus, G1 (1999915)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on December 19th, 2018 @ 10:11pm CST
Crosscheck wrote:Did they give Windblade a thong? Really?

After several minutes of study, I believe the preliminary results point to a yes. However, further testing is required, as well as rigorous peer review.
Re: Flame Toys Model Kit and Action Figure Reveals - Stealth Bomber Megatron, Windblade, Rodimus, G1 (1999952)
Posted by Emerje on December 20th, 2018 @ 6:09am CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:Windblade has a really nice look that reminds me of the really fancy look she had in Till All Are One #12.

Yep, I like all of the model kits so far, but G1 Prime looks kinda awful at this stage. Going to take some serious improving to win me over.

Emerje
Re: Flame Toys Model Kit and Action Figure Reveals - Stealth Bomber Megatron, Windblade, Rodimus, G1 (1999957)
Posted by Black Hat on December 20th, 2018 @ 6:48am CST
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:At this rate they'll be doing a 100% show-accurate Thunderblast.

A man can dream anyway.

Regarding Windblade, whilst I know "sexy" Transformers aren't everybody's cup of tea, I'm of the opinion that there's nothing inherently wrong with them provided they're done well, and Windblade here is definitely that. I'd rather she looked a bit more like she actually transformed (more vehicle details on the body, maybe some optional kibble etc) but Ban's concept sketch looks good, she looks like the character and in terms of the end goal of looking sexy, well, it certainly does.

If I do get her (which I very well might because aside from anything else I love building models) I might be tempted to purchase a relatively affordable aircraft model, hack up the parts, repaint them to match and give her more jet kibble though so she looks a bit less like an Actionmaster. The question is, what jet is suitable? Her "canon" jet mode is completely made up and to the best of my knowledge there's no VTOL jets with lift fans in the wings like that. There's very few VTOL jets as is- there's the Harrier (Shatter is already a red fembot that turns into a Harrier), the Yak-38 (which was unspeakably rubbish, and poor Windblade deserves better than that!) and the F-35 Lighting (which whilst not as unspeakably dreadful as the Yak-38 is still not brilliant, not to mention fat and ungainly).
Re: Flame Toys Model Kit and Action Figure Reveals - Stealth Bomber Megatron, Windblade, Rodimus, G1 (1999971)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 20th, 2018 @ 7:58am CST
Black Hat wrote:

A man can dream anyway.

I'm always in awe of your aircraft knowledge ;)^

@D-Max that sounds like a fun idea especially if we found an aussie seller so we didn't have to fork out a fortune in postage :lol: Question is, how much will the Fallen cost?
Re: Flame Toys Model Kit and Action Figure Reveals - Stealth Bomber Megatron, Windblade, Rodimus, G1 (1999986)
Posted by Black Hat on December 20th, 2018 @ 9:39am CST
Well I do work in a plane museum, it'd be a bit rubbish of me if I wasn't a gigantic plane nerd. :lol:

As far as the Fallen, if he's a model kit he shouldn't cost TOO much, if he's a prebuilt figure he's gonna cost...a lot. At least if their Tarn was anything to go by.
Re: Flame Toys Model Kit and Action Figure Reveals - Stealth Bomber Megatron, Windblade, Rodimus, G1 (2000034)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on December 20th, 2018 @ 2:32pm CST
I absolutely need that Fallen toy. I have the diecast metal one from the Titanium Series toy line, and the Target Exclusive orange and black ROTF Fallen. So I think I'll need this to round out my collection properly! Not overly interested in the others here.... well...

Nemesis Maximo wrote:
Crosscheck wrote:Did they give Windblade a thong? Really?

I second this motion, and will volunteer my time to extensive research and review.

Honestly, if you've ever seen the figures Japanese companies make of any female character in any show/anime/movie/comic/videogame, this shouldn't surprise you. Different tastes for different cultures. I accidentally went from absolutely hating Windblade to having four different Windblade toys, all because of a stupid joke I made and wanted to fulfill, and how I like Windblade. So yes I'll have more Windblade, please and thank you.
Re: Flame Toys Model Kit and Action Figure Reveals - Stealth Bomber Megatron, Windblade, Rodimus, G1 (2000560)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 22nd, 2018 @ 12:39pm CST
We have a trio of Flame Toys news to share with you today!

Up first, we will share with you the first colored shot of their upcoming Furai model kit Devastator figure! This is a non transforming model kit similar to Gundam kits, and the kits have proven to be a really fun build so far. Devastator towers over the other kits, and is designed in a similar aesthetic to Attack mode Optimus Prime and Starscream. His concept artist was Akira Amemiya, whom we previously shared the concept art from.

Next up, the Furai model kit Bumblebee, which follows in those Prime and Starscream footsteps, is now fully revealed and has his pre-orders up! You can find his pre-order over at D4Toys, and other domestic online retailers will probably place pre-orders of their up within the next few weeks, as was done with the prior kits. Check out all his official images below!

And finally, the big action figure Star Saber, part of the larger set of Kuro Kara Kuri figures, is now also up for pre-order! This figure follows the prior Drift and Tarn figures, complete with many interchangeable parts, lights, and extremely posable. This Star Saber is designed after his IDW Version 1 counterpart, and will be able to combine with the upcoming Victory Leo figure to form Victory Saber. The D4toys pre-order can be found HERE, and domestic online pre-orders are probably to follow.

Re: Flame Toys Model Kit and Action Figure Reveals - Stealth Bomber Megatron, Windblade, Rodimus, G1 (2000561)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 22nd, 2018 @ 12:42pm CST
ALL of this just looks so frikkin awesome. I love the colors they chose for Devastator, the hammer for Bee with that helicopter and jet back is awesome, love both the aesthetics for those kits. And Star Saber is splendid. I will get all 3 of these.
Re: Flame Toys Model Kit and Action Figure Reveals - Stealth Bomber Megatron, Windblade, Rodimus, G1 (2000563)
Posted by Black Hat on December 22nd, 2018 @ 12:43pm CST
Devastator is a thing of beauty. The crane cannon is a very nice touch.

Bumblebee looks good too, though a jetpack AND helipack seems redundant. Maybe the jet pods are actually twin turboshaft engines (like you get on real helicopters)?
Re: Flame Toys Model Kit and Action Figure Reveals - Stealth Bomber Megatron, Windblade, Rodimus, G1 (2000565)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 22nd, 2018 @ 12:59pm CST
Oh these are very nice with Star Saber being the jewel in the crown. Though I love the shoulder crane cannon on Devy, that should be part of the Official design
Re: Flame Toys Model Kit and Action Figure Reveals - Stealth Bomber Megatron, Windblade, Rodimus, G1 (2000567)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 22nd, 2018 @ 1:04pm CST
the shoulder crane cannon is a really awesome piece of originality, and it looks great in the figure itself. Heck, all of the Furai kits look incredible. Though I think at this point, Devastator takes the absolute cake. I love the Bumble-hammer too

Dang, I cannot wait to own all 3 of these. Yes, I will get Star Saber. I really want to make that Victory Saber!

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Swindle" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #234 - Hell in a Cel
"Hell in a Cel"
Posted: Sunday, November 10th, 2019

Buy "TRANSFORMERS: Platinum Edition ULTRA MAGNUS Brand New *MINT CONDITION*" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS AOE AGE OF EXTINCTION OPTIMUS PRIME FIRST EDITION LEADER CLASS NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Exclusive Platinum Edition Action Figure Silver Knight Prime" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Upgrade Galactico Galaxy Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Fall Of Cybertron VORTEX Deluxe Bruticus FOC Generations" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrust Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "OPTIMUS PRIME & MEGATRON HERO MASHERS Transformers Mash Ups Hasbro MIP" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Highly Collectable Transformers Hero Mashers Soundwave Action Figure" on EBAY