Flame Toys Reveal Updated Windblade Design

Flame Toys Reveal Updated Windblade Design

Thursday, July 30th, 2020 5:17am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 27,067

Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron users, AcademyofDrX, -WonkoTheSane- and Rodimus Knight have let us knkw that Flame Toys have taken to Twitter to show off the updated Windblade design for their Furai model kit range.

Transformers News: Flame Toys Reveal Updated Windblade Design

Unlike the previous design, this one retains her wings as as seen on all her over appearances, since she first debuted.

What do you think of this update? Will you be getting her to add to your Transformers model collection? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews.

Credit(s): AcademyofDrX, -WonkoTheSane-, Rodimus Knight from Seibertron, Flame Toys Twitter

Re: Flame Toys Reveal Updated Windblade Design (2074217)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 30th, 2020 @ 5:20am CDT
Wait. The previous post was not an official news? That took a while.

Well, it's vacation season after all.
Re: Flame Toys Reveal Updated Windblade Design (2074232)
Posted by Quantum Surge on July 30th, 2020 @ 9:55am CDT
Glad she had her wings so she can still have that Transformer heritage to her, especially since she looked naked without them.
Re: Flame Toys Reveal Updated Windblade Design (2074239)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on July 30th, 2020 @ 11:04am CDT
I'm wondering if the larger wings are the only change or if they did additional ones.
Since Cyberverse had her able to near fully retract her wings, I think it would be cool if they had both sets they designed with this model included.
Re: Flame Toys Reveal Updated Windblade Design (2074245)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on July 30th, 2020 @ 12:23pm CDT

Was that so hard?
Re: Flame Toys Reveal Updated Windblade Design (2074246)
Posted by Black Hat on July 30th, 2020 @ 12:29pm CDT
Stormshot_Prime wrote:Amazing, she’s still Windblade and still feminine without the unnecessary anatomically correct giant breasts. Genuinely interested in getting her now

Was that so hard?

She didn't have "giant breasts" to begin with. Sounds like someone's a closeted misogynist that thinks that female anatomy is inherently offensive.
Re: Flame Toys Reveal Updated Windblade Design (2074247)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on July 30th, 2020 @ 12:35pm CDT
Black Hat wrote:

Was that so hard?

I don’t want to restart this discourse, and I don’t mean to instigate or anything. I can promise I’m not some closeted misogynist (I mean heck I’ve got figures of Lara Croft, Bayonetta), I just believe there’s a space for everything, and I personally believe sex should not be a Transformers selling point.
Re: Flame Toys Reveal Updated Windblade Design (2074248)
Posted by Black Hat on July 30th, 2020 @ 12:42pm CDT
Stormshot_Prime wrote:
Black Hat wrote:

Was that so hard?

Kids are unlikely to be buying expensive collector's grade model kits. "Think of the children" is not a valid argument.

I don’t want to restart this discourse, and I don’t mean to instigate or anything. I can promise I’m not some closeted misogynist (I mean heck I’ve got figures of Lara Croft, Bayonetta), I just believe there’s a space for everything, and I personally believe sex should (not?) be a Transformers selling point.

Why not? In kids' cartoons I'd agree, but for figures or media aimed at older fans, there is literally nothing wrong with a little bit of flirtiness here and there.
Re: Flame Toys Reveal Updated Windblade Design (2074252)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on July 30th, 2020 @ 1:59pm CDT
Looks like it's time again to pretend this thread doesn't exist.
Re: Flame Toys Reveal Updated Windblade Design (2074255)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 30th, 2020 @ 2:28pm CDT
AcademyofDrX wrote:Looks like it's time again to pretend this thread doesn't exist.

Amen.
Re: Flame Toys Reveal Updated Windblade Design (2074265)
Posted by Burn on July 30th, 2020 @ 4:07pm CDT
Hey Black Hat, just a reminder in case you've missed it, you're being an arsehole again.

Stop it.
Re: Flame Toys Reveal Updated Windblade Design (2074318)
Posted by Emerje on July 31st, 2020 @ 2:04am CDT
Stormshot_Prime wrote:My only issue is the sexualization of TF figures. I mean we’re a kids franchise too, I don’t think it sends the right message if the “boy” figures get media accurate figures while female characters must be sexy.

Not going to pull your opinion apart, but I do wonder what you mean by "media accurate"? Of the 23 announced and released kits the only ones that are accurate to anything are IDW Optimus and his three recolors (clear, Nemesis and UM), IDW Megatron and his slight retool (Autobot and Decepticon), G1 Optimus Prime, IDW Drift and IDW Rodimus. There's really no need for Windblade to be "media accurate" when nearly 2/3 of the current lot are not.

Mind you, I was indifferent to the original design, I've got a bunch of anime girl figures, this would have just been another one, but I did want more jet parts and better wings and that's what I got from this new design. Honestly I think they should make both kits, but since that isn't like I wouldn't be surprised at all if Takara Tomy made some use of the previous design elsewhere since Hasbro backed away from it. In hindsight, it probably wasn't a great idea to go to get a sculpt done by someone known for his statues of naked anime girls (link is safe for work, just don't click on the thumbnails ;) ).

BTW, he commented on the changes on Twitter (wont be linking to that, definitely NSFW).
(Google translation) Due to the intention of the copyright owners, the parts and color scheme have been re-corrected to better reflect the original character's design.

Emerje
Re: Flame Toys Reveal Updated Windblade Design (2074319)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on July 31st, 2020 @ 2:37am CDT
laughs.png
Re: Flame Toys Reveal Updated Windblade Design (2074326)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 31st, 2020 @ 4:45am CDT
Emerje wrote:Mind you, I was indifferent to the original design, I've got a bunch of anime girl figures, this would have just been another one,

Emerje

That was my main issue with the OG design. As if a Kotobukiya frame arms girl snuck her way into the Flame Toys model kit line.

The new design look much more like a real Transformers. However, I'll wait for the actual prototype to truly judge. The guys have some crazy designs going for them so if that Windblade end up looking "too normal", it will be disappointing.
Re: Flame Toys Reveal Updated Windblade Design (2074341)
Posted by Quantum Surge on July 31st, 2020 @ 8:44am CDT
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Lol, nice (shameless?) plug.

On topic with this, I do agree with your comments regarding the initial design of Flame Toys Windblade not feeling quite Transformery; granted, the proportions of some designs don't make them feel quite right either, but they at least had some parts that would be recognizable from their vehicle mode. The lack of wings almost felt like accessories that were missing out of the box. Best example is if I ever got an Earthrise Starscream but he's missing one of the wings.
Re: Flame Toys Reveal Updated Windblade Design (2074344)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 31st, 2020 @ 9:11am CDT
Not quoting but a wingless Starscream would look incomplete and weird as Hell.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
"Netflix and Siege"
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

Buy "Transformers BATTLE CORE OPTIMUS PRIME Combiner Wars Voyager White 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager Class Autobot Infinitus & Sentinel Prime 100%" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars CW Voyager Class Technobot Scattershot MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars KO Blast Off" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Scattershot Figure Box#1" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers RODIMUS PRIME Generations Titanium Die-cast Series 2006 OPEN" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Trilogy Barricade Takara Tomy Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors Grand Scourge" on EBAY