Flame Toys Teases IDW Star Saber

Flame Toys Teases IDW Star Saber

Friday, July 28th, 2017 2:28am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 16,801

Flame Toys has teased via their Twitter the next figure in their line of non-transforming figures. All we get right now is just an illustration tease of their 3rd project which is IDW Star Saber. Check out our San Diego Comic-Con 2017 coverage for images of their 1st project Drift.

Transformers News: Flame Toys Teases IDW Star Saber

Credit(s): Flame Toys Twitter

Re: Flame Toys Teases IDW Star Saber (1900214)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 28th, 2017 @ 3:00am CDT
Gundam.
Re: Flame Toys Teases IDW Star Saber (1900221)
Posted by Emerje on July 28th, 2017 @ 4:20am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Gundam.

Yep, definitely a Gundam.

Emerje
Re: Flame Toys Teases IDW Star Saber (1900225)
Posted by Kurona on July 28th, 2017 @ 4:42am CDT
Well that's... very random. I've gotta assume they're relying on his popularity outwith IDW to sell well because Star Saber is certainly not the most prolific character in the comics.

Either way though, looks awesome :D
Re: Flame Toys Teases IDW Star Saber (1900236)
Posted by griftimus prime on July 28th, 2017 @ 6:12am CDT
looks cool but there is gundam elements all up in this.
Re: Flame Toys Teases IDW Star Saber (1900237)
Posted by Kurona on July 28th, 2017 @ 6:35am CDT
So because the images from our old IDW Star Saber designs post are dead, this forces me to use this image for a comparison.

You have no idea how much this hurts.

Re: Flame Toys Teases IDW Star Saber (1900262)
Posted by ScottyP on July 28th, 2017 @ 10:08am CDT
Emerje wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Gundam.

Yep, definitely a Gundam.

Emerje

griftimus prime wrote:looks cool but there is gundam elements all up in this.
I found the board members that don't watch Gundam >:oP
Re: Flame Toys Teases IDW Star Saber (1900264)
Posted by Kurona on July 28th, 2017 @ 10:26am CDT
After weeks of knowing Flametoys had a non-transforming statue based on IDW's Decepticon Justice Division leader Tarn in the pipeline; we finally have a picture of the prototype! The company's put up a Tweet showing the greyscale prototype of the psychotic Decepticon loyalist and MTMTE villain in all his glory, giving us a rather good idea of how he'll turn out. Check out the image below, be sure to check out Flametoys' teaser for Star Saber and tell us what you think in the forums!

Re: Flame Toys Teases IDW Star Saber (1900267)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on July 28th, 2017 @ 10:43am CDT
ScottyP wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Gundam.

Yep, definitely a Gundam.

Emerje

griftimus prime wrote:looks cool but there is gundam elements all up in this.
I found the board members that don't watch Gundam >:oP

Re: Flame Toys Teases IDW Star Saber (1900269)
Posted by YoungPrime on July 28th, 2017 @ 10:53am CDT
Had my attention until I read "non-transforming".

PASS!
Re: Flame Toys Teases IDW Star Saber (1900311)
Posted by Emerje on July 28th, 2017 @ 12:32pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Gundam.

Yep, definitely a Gundam.

Emerje

griftimus prime wrote:looks cool but there is gundam elements all up in this.
I found the board members that don't watch Gundam >:oP

I found the board member that's in denial. :P

Sigma Magnus wrote:There are some slight Gundam-esque design cues (especially the stance), but if you put this design in a Gundam show it'd stick out like a sore thumb.

Are you sure, because Gundam these days don't really follow any one look. They're all over the map, especially when you start getting into the Build Fighters stuff.

Gundam Tryon 3

SF-01 Super Fumina

Emerje

For the record I've been picking up old used Gundam MSIA figures lately.
Re: Flame Toys Teases IDW Star Saber (1900324)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 28th, 2017 @ 1:01pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Gundam.

Yep, definitely a Gundam.

Emerje

griftimus prime wrote:looks cool but there is gundam elements all up in this.
I found the board members that don't watch Gundam >:oP

I used to collect Gundam model kits way back in late 90s early 2000s and I have an SD Gundam figurine on my shelf right here and that thing in that pic makes me think Gundam.
Re: Flame Toys Teases IDW Star Saber (1900327)
Posted by Kurona on July 28th, 2017 @ 1:04pm CDT
Scotty now owes me five quid.
Re: Flame Toys Teases IDW Star Saber (1900332)
Posted by Emerje on July 28th, 2017 @ 1:08pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Scotty now owes me five quid.

I feel like I just walked into a trap. :-?

Emerje
Re: Flame Toys Teases IDW Star Saber (1900340)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 28th, 2017 @ 1:17pm CDT
Emerje wrote:Gundam Tryon 3

SF-01 Super Fumina

Yeah I was thinking more along the lines of the 'classic' Gundam stuff I used to collect. Stuff that looked like this. And even with this very basic Gundam design I can see many similar elements in that Starsaber figure illustration. Less so in the IDW comic panel. I reckon Flame Toys artist has some experience or interest with Gundam.
Re: Flame Toys Teases IDW Star Saber (1900347)
Posted by Emerje on July 28th, 2017 @ 1:26pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Yeah I was thinking more along the lines of the 'classic' Gundam stuff I used to collect.

Oh, so was I, I was just using those two as an example of just how outlandish Gundam can get. Personally I think Star Saber reminds me a little of this:

Lunagazer Gundam

Emerje
Re: Flame Toys Teases IDW Star Saber (1900360)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on July 28th, 2017 @ 1:53pm CDT
Re: Flame Toys Teases IDW Star Saber (1900362)
Posted by Kurona on July 28th, 2017 @ 1:54pm CDT
Autobot Roadburn wrote:So the preorder for Drift just went up on BBTS. I was considering picking up him and Tarn to go with my IDW collection, but turns out Drift is $300. Which means if they scale Tarn is going to be even more. I'm glad I picked up MMC's Kultur, because he's only a fraction of the cost. Yikes.

Ooooh dear. I was really liking the looks of this line too; yikes...
Re: Flame Toys Teases IDW Star Saber (1900411)
Posted by Silverwing on July 28th, 2017 @ 5:06pm CDT
Let's say GO!
Re: Flame Toys Teases IDW Star Saber (1900557)
Posted by Va'al on July 29th, 2017 @ 10:56am CDT
In addition to the Star Saber and Tarn reveals, Flame Toys have also opened their official pre-orders for the highly-articulated action figure of IDW Drift (though still non-transforming), and included a number of nice new images of the toy! Read on more below, and feast your eyes on the mirrored images from Flame Toys and weibo user 小白哥乌拉诺斯.

Pre-order start !

Our Drift will be distributed in HK, China, Taiwan, South Asia, Europe, US and Canada via our distributors from today to 1st September, 2017.

To big thanks for our die-hard FANS, we provide a special Helmet bonus part offer if shopping via D4toys.com, HK toys shop SEN-TI-NEL or Flame Toys event (detail will be released soon).

Here is the pre-order information :

Official retail price : US$290

D4toys.com selling price : US$276 (including special helmet part)

D4toys.com Drift website :

【Bonus part】
For any pre-order and purchase at D4TOYS.COM、Sen-ti-den and Flame Toys events, an exclusive bonus part “Helmet armor” will be included!

【Features】
■ CAPE COMES WITH WIRES BUILT IN TO ALLOW FOR DRAMATIC, ANIME-STYLE WINDSWEPT POSES!
■ 3 INTERCHANGEABLE FACIAL EXPRESSIONS!
■ 6 LED UNITS PACKED IN A 20CM TALL BODY!
■ LINKAGE ARTICULATION GIMMICKS!
■ SUPER-POSEABLE WITH DIECAST PARTS FOR SOLIDITY AND HEAVINESS!

Re: Flame Toys Teases IDW Star Saber (1900578)
Posted by Tyrannacon on July 29th, 2017 @ 11:41am CDT
As reported in our earlier post, about the non-transforming Tarn figure, the Flame Toys Twitter account is bustling with all sorts of new images today! Here we get a peak at an Optimus Prime from their booth at AGCHK!

So far the sketches represent their designs for IDW incarnations of Tarn, Star Saber, Drift, plus Optimus Prime, who does not follow the same aesthetic, for some reason. What else do they have in store? Keep your optics here as we post them here for your viewing pleasure.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #253 - Danger Zone
"Danger Zone"
Posted: Sunday, June 21st, 2020

Buy "PC-12 UPGRADE TRANSFORMERS COMBINER WARS/WARRIORS UNITE COMPUTRON US SELLER" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors UW06 Grand Galvatron Takara Tomy Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors UW06 Grand Galvatron Takara Tomy Action Figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors UW06 Grand Galvatron Takara Tomy Action Figure USED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Adventure - TAV16 - Bombshell" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BotBots Mr. Business Esquire" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron: Siege Battle Masters Lionizer Act..." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron: Siege Deluxe Class Autobot Hound ..." on EBAY