Forbes talks about Bay's Film, Money and Enemy Making

Forbes talks about Bay's Film, Money and Enemy Making

Friday, June 5th, 2009 9:53pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, People News, Digital Media News, Editorials
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 18,766

Forbes talks about M Bay's Film, Money and Enemy Making

Upscale magazine Forbes recently did an article covering the many aspects of the man that is Michael Bay. From flinging rocks (fake ones) at Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox, to telling Kate Beckinsdale to "work out", this article covers Michael's rise to movie making mayhem from front to back.

If you're a fan of Michael Bay or are just looking for a good read, you should check it out. You can view it by clicking here.

Credit(s): Dorothy Pomerantz, Forbes Magazine, MichaelBay.com

This article was last modified on Friday, June 5th, 2009 11:12pm CDT

Re: Forbes talks about Bay's Film, Money and Enemy Making (932629)
Posted by Blurrz on June 5th, 2009 @ 10:31pm CDT
ALL HAIL MICHAEL BAY!
Re: Forbes talks about Bay's Film, Money and Enemy Making (932683)
Posted by LiKwid on June 6th, 2009 @ 1:15am CDT
Re: Forbes talks about Bay's Film, Money and Enemy Making (932693)
Posted by First-Aid on June 6th, 2009 @ 1:49am CDT
Very interesting read. In some ways, it seems Bay is revolutionizing directing in a similar way to Lucas with Star Wars. I salute him for doing as well as he has. It takes guts to put of with some of those over-pompous stuck up Hollywood actor types. If they thoughyt $708 million was a lot for the first TF movie, wait till this one hits theaters. Every poll I've seen has said that Transformers is the movie that majority of the people want to see this year. I honestly expect them to recoup the cost for the movie in the first five days. And this is just number two...wait for number three. And what after that...? There is more than enough mythos in the TF universe to continue putting out movies almost indefinitely.

Re: Forbes talks about Bay's Film, Money and Enemy Making (932702)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on June 6th, 2009 @ 2:04am CDT
LiKwid wrote:LoL..Everybody always hates you when your on top .. I wish i could see a war of words between bay and McG, Bay would just dominate.. :APPLAUSE:

Yeah, just like RotF will own Terminator Salvation at the box office. What a piece of shit that movie was...
Re: Forbes talks about Bay's Film, Money and Enemy Making (932728)
Posted by Terrorsaur_85 on June 6th, 2009 @ 4:50am CDT
startrek made more money than terminator salvation and if not--it sure was a hell alot better. and with TF2 ROTF i hope GIJOE :ROC will make as much monet for a sequal (and moar movie toyz) :grin:
Re: Forbes talks about Bay's Film, Money and Enemy Making (932747)
Posted by Blackstreak on June 6th, 2009 @ 6:33am CDT
First-Aid wrote:Looks to me like our beloved Robots in Disguise are here to stay...let's just hope they don't go the way of the later (1990's) Batman movies and get overly cheesy...which I think could happen if the Geewunners have too much say. (Blasphemy! Burn me at the stake!)

I don't know about the movies sticking around. Michael Bay can get burned out doing Transformer movies on his own, no help from G1'ers needed. Don't get me wrong, I hope they are here to stay in the sense that movie studios keep making them. But most likely they won't and becoming a cheesy franchise won't have anything to do with it.

On another note I read the article and am quite impressed. Wish I could make $80 mil. I'd probably do one movie, make that much then retire for the rest of my life (but again, not likely). Makes me wanna go back and watch the Bay movies I never saw like Bad Boys.
Re: Forbes talks about Bay's Film, Money and Enemy Making (932973)
Posted by Gandalf on June 6th, 2009 @ 4:33pm CDT
First-Aid wrote:let's just hope they don't go the way of the later (1990's) Batman movies and get overly cheesy...which I think could happen if the Geewunners have too much say. (Blasphemy! Burn me at the stake!)

Hmm...well, I think they're off to a pretty good start toward cheesy, all on their own. "Peeing" Bumblebee and Sam's "happy time" come to mind. That's just beyond cheesy....

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #291 - Til All Are 2021
"Til All Are 2021"
Posted: Sunday, January 2nd, 2022

Buy "TRANSFORMERS WFC SPARKLESS SEEKER ACTION FIGURE WOW!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy,  Decepticon Sparkless Bot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Netflix Deseeus Army Drone walmart exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Selects Deep Cover" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War For Cybertron NETFLIX Trilogy Decepticon SPARKLESS BOT" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Deseeus Army Drone Netflix Quintesson" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects War for Cybertron Deluxe Deep Cover - Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Ultra Magnus Cab, Painted Face/Rubber Wheels for Parts, 1986" on EBAY