Thursday, May 6th, 2010 7:39am CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Event News, Company News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 52,375

Check out Hasbro description on this fan's choice:

"Fan’s choice nominee #4 is: SHOCKWAVE
“Clarity of thought is the key to deciding your actions.”

The cold and calculating mind of SHOCKWAVE makes most DECEPTICONS question and fear his true intensions. SHOCKWAVE has always secretly sought control over the DECEPTICONS, but believes all of CYBERTRON will benefit from his scientific and logical approach to rule. Perhaps as powerful as MEGATRON, SHOCKWAVE will loyally serve the DECEPTICON leader until the time inevitably comes when logic dictates that MEGATRON must be retired permanently. In the meantime, SHOCKWAVE uses his vast knowledge to plan military assaults on AUTOBOT forces and to perform gruesome experiments on other TRANSFORMERS. Perhaps his only weakness is letting his emotions get the better of him, leading to spontaneous and irrational actions.

You can view original post here.

Stay tuned to Seibertron, Ultimate Resource of Transformers!

Credit(s): Hasbro

Re: Fourth Nominee Of Fan's Choice Finalists For Transformers Hall Of Fame - Shockwave (1071582)
Posted by RiddlerJ on May 6th, 2010 @ 7:51am CDT
OH YEAHHHHH!

Shockwave was always one of my favorates but I honestly didn't think he would make the list.

The whole letting his emotions get the better of him is a little confounding. Didn't he only do then once in his spotlight?
Re: Fourth Nominee Of Fan's Choice Finalists For Transformers Hall Of Fame - Shockwave (1071583)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on May 6th, 2010 @ 7:54am CDT
Shockwave, the 'logical' choice. ;)

Well, four down and one to go.
Re: Fourth Nominee Of Fan's Choice Finalists For Transformers Hall Of Fame - Shockwave (1071620)
Posted by First-Aid on May 6th, 2010 @ 9:14am CDT
I can't agree with this choice and here's why:

Shockwave really has not been as pervasive in the TF universe as some of the others. I believe he was in Energon and Animated, besides G1, but that's it. His role in the cartoon was rare compared to the other nominees and very bland at that- a couple lines here and there. There are much better choices...Prowl, Ironhide,Rumble, Devastator (who has been in FAR more toy lines, btw), Ultra Magnus. The only canon he was ever a regular in was the comic book.
Re: Fourth Nominee Of Fan's Choice Finalists For Transformers Hall Of Fame - Shockwave (1071625)
Posted by DreadwindsGhost on May 6th, 2010 @ 9:28am CDT
Amelie wrote:I think Soundwave thoroughly deserves his position in the Hall-of-Fame. His toy is excellent, the gimmick works wonderfully, and if you've read the marvel US\UK comics from the 80s, he's a sinister, power-grabbing bastard to boot.

If Shockwave wins next year, I'll be a very happy bunny.

Agreed, on all counts.
Re: Fourth Nominee Of Fan's Choice Finalists For Transformers Hall Of Fame - Shockwave (1071641)
Posted by RiddlerJ on May 6th, 2010 @ 9:57am CDT
First-Aid wrote:I can't agree with this choice and here's why:

Rumble? Really?

Actually, I'd like to contend that. He still was pretty well known from the cartoon and was and continues to be a large presence in all the comics. Prowl appeared less in the cartoon and comics until Furman established him as basically a foil to make Grimlock look cool. Ironhide,I could see as a good choice, since he'sretty prevailant, I would also see Ratchet who has had a lot of time in a lot of continuites, and Devestator as the first Gesalt and one of the most popular would be good too.

But Shockwave is a good choice.
Re: Fourth Nominee Of Fan's Choice Finalists For Transformers Hall Of Fame - Shockwave (1071647)
Posted by Cliffjumper Prime on May 6th, 2010 @ 10:06am CDT
anyone else think it's funny that 3 out of the 4 voted to be the most popular still don't have classics/universe/generations toys? :-?
Re: Fourth Nominee Of Fan's Choice Finalists For Transformers Hall Of Fame - Shockwave (1071742)
Posted by First-Aid on May 6th, 2010 @ 2:57pm CDT
OK, maybe Rumble was a bad example. But lets face it...Rumble got a ton more air time in the G1 cartoon than Shockwave ever did. Ironhide was a better example. I would even go with Jetfire over Shockwave. I don't know if there has been a Transformers toy line that HASN'T had a Jetfire of some type in it. And his story is deeply involved in the mythos of the TF origins.
Re: Fourth Nominee Of Fan's Choice Finalists For Transformers Hall Of Fame - Shockwave (1071753)
Posted by Pyrostrata on May 6th, 2010 @ 3:27pm CDT
Mach wrote:Today Hasbro Inc has revealed the 4th nominee for Fan’s Choice finalists for TRANSFORMERS HALL OF FAME. Together with Soundwave, he is another Megatron loyalist - Shockwave.

Check out Hasbro description on this fan's choice:

"Fan’s choice nominee #4 is: SHOCKWAVE

HURRAY! I just LOVE the Mighty One-Eyed Freak! :lol: He may have been a mewling do-next-to-nothing on the G1 cartoon (what he did do was merely implied....as if holding Cybertron for the Decepticon cause for millions of years while Megatron was indisposed isn't epic enough!), but the comics just polished that up and made him one of the biggest baddest Decepticons ever!
Re: Fourth Nominee Of Fan's Choice Finalists For Transformers Hall Of Fame - Shockwave (1072011)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on May 7th, 2010 @ 11:45am CDT
Hasbro has revealed the fifth and final nominee for the Fan's Choice slot in the Transformers Hall of Fame: Beast Wars Dinobot!

Hasbro wrote:Fan’s choice nominee #5 is: DINOBOT
"Let me be judged accordingly. The rest is silence.”

Once feared as a PREDACON, DINOBOT found himself stranded alongside MEGATRON in the distant past. There, his code of honor led him to make a choice between following MEGATRON or standing against him. Eventually, DINOBOT joined the heroic MAXIMALS and fought in the BEAST WARS over control of ENERGON, the fate of the human species and CYBERTRON itself. Having sacrificed his life in an honorable stance against the PREDACONS, DINOBOT was cloned by MEGATRON and reborn into Transmetal 2 DINOBOT. By splitting in half the spark in PREDACON RAMPAGE™, MEGATRON was able to control this clone and wield him as a weapon. With the destruction of RAMPAGE, Transmetal 2 DINOBOT’s spark became whole again, along with the consciousness of the warrior that once took hold of this new form and helped save the day.

You can see the entry in its entirety here. You can also check out galleries of Dinobot's original toy form, 10th Anniversary Version, Universe 2.0 Version and many more.
Re: Fourth Nominee Of Fan's Choice Finalists For Transformers Hall Of Fame - Shockwave (1072012)
Posted by Seibertron on May 7th, 2010 @ 11:50am CDT

Dinobot, Shockwave, or Soundwave? Hm.
Re: Fourth Nominee Of Fan's Choice Finalists For Transformers Hall Of Fame - Shockwave (1072014)
Posted by Chaoslock on May 7th, 2010 @ 11:52am CDT
OLD CHOPPERFACE!
Re: Fourth Nominee Of Fan's Choice Finalists For Transformers Hall Of Fame - Shockwave (1072022)
Posted by HighPrime on May 7th, 2010 @ 12:10pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:Man I almost want to vote for Dinobot simply because he's not G1 and he'd symbolize what Beast Wars did for this hobby. I doubt many of you'd be here right now if it wasn't for the Beast Wars series bringing life back into this franchise.

Dinobot, Shockwave, or Soundwave? Hm.

Not me. It was stumbling upon RiD Optimus Prime completely by accident in a Wal-mart that brought me back. "When did they start making Transformers again?" was my first thought. Little did I know they had never really stopped making them.

I had caught Beast Wars a few times in the past, but eh... didn't care. Wasn't until many years later that I really appreciated it. Great series, and I'm glad Dinobot got a nomination. There's no way he's making it in this year, though, however hopeful any of us are.
Re: Fourth Nominee Of Fan's Choice Finalists For Transformers Hall Of Fame - Shockwave (1072025)
Posted by Seibertron on May 7th, 2010 @ 12:17pm CDT
HighPrime wrote:

Dinobot, Shockwave, or Soundwave? Hm.

That wasn't what I meant. I meant that everything that came after Beast Wars theoretically owes its existence to Beast Wars, Car Robots / RID included.
Re: Fourth Nominee Of Fan's Choice Finalists For Transformers Hall Of Fame - Shockwave (1072026)
Posted by UltraPrimal on May 7th, 2010 @ 12:18pm CDT
YES! There is a god and his name is Dinobot!!! :KREMZEEK: :DANCE:

Dinobot, Shockwave, or Soundwave? Hm.

Dinobot! Vote Dinobot! Vote Beast Wars! Beast Wars saved the Transformers franchise just like how Dinobot saved humanity(Code of Hero), not to mention all the GeeWun fossils on board the Ark(Nemesis Part 2).

Optimus Primal: "Well fought, my friend. You saved the valley. You saved the lives of those who live here... and of those who are still to come."
Dinobot: "Then... there is nothing to regret."
Rattrap: "Like I said, you're just a blasted, slag-spouting saurian, but... it's nice to know where you stand."
Dinobot:"Upwind of you, for preference, vermin. ...Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."

Optimus:"He lived a warrior... and died a hero. Let his spark join the Matrix, the greatest of Cybertron."

Optimus:"'In the Spark of an enemy, there will be salvation; and in the darkest hour, there will be a light.'"
Rattrap:"Yeah, from a very unexpected source – Ol' Chopperface's clone. Who'da thunk it?"
Optimus:"And let us never forget those other brave bots, whose sacrifice safeguarded past, present and future."
Re: Fourth Nominee Of Fan's Choice Finalists For Transformers Hall Of Fame - Shockwave (1072029)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on May 7th, 2010 @ 12:33pm CDT
UltraPrimal wrote:YES! There is a god and his name is Dinobot!!! :KREMZEEK: :DANCE:

Dinobot, Shockwave, or Soundwave? Hm.

Dinobot: "Then... there is nothing to regret."

36 Minutes after I posted....Tsk Tsk. I was expecting sooner ;-)
Re: Fourth Nominee Of Fan's Choice Finalists For Transformers Hall Of Fame - Shockwave (1072031)
Posted by HighPrime on May 7th, 2010 @ 12:43pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
HighPrime wrote:

Dinobot, Shockwave, or Soundwave? Hm.

By that logic, you can point to every series except the one that finally fails as owing it's existence/success to the previous incarnations ;)

I get your point, though. Transformers was on the brink of being lost forever (at least in the US), until Beast Wars came long. The brand was at the closest it's ever been to failure. Even still, though, I'm certain it wouldn't have been lost forever, Beast Wars or not. :)
Re: Fourth Nominee Of Fan's Choice Finalists For Transformers Hall Of Fame - Shockwave (1072044)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on May 7th, 2010 @ 1:13pm CDT
If it had come back, it probably would never have been as big as it is now. Beast Wars was and is one of the best things to happen in TF, bar none.

And DInobot... one of the most complex and well-written characters in TF. Again, not just Beast Wars, but the franchise. Code of Hero is in the top... four moments of TF as well. His ultimate redemption... and ultimate sacrifice.

He's got my vote.
Re: Fourth Nominee Of Fan's Choice Finalists For Transformers Hall Of Fame - Shockwave (1072060)
Posted by ALEXD4398 on May 7th, 2010 @ 1:56pm CDT
Re: Fourth Nominee Of Fan's Choice Finalists For Transformers Hall Of Fame - Shockwave (1072067)
Posted by Editor on May 7th, 2010 @ 2:05pm CDT
ALEXD4398 wrote:no one will agree but go fortress maximus, god ginrai and/or sixshot! :BOT: :CON:

Too late for this year, but maybe next year.
Re: Fourth Nominee Of Fan's Choice Finalists For Transformers Hall Of Fame - Shockwave (1072076)
Posted by Blurrz on May 7th, 2010 @ 2:10pm CDT
Nice.. Seibertron's Top 5 was the Hall-of-Fame Top 5...

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters - Ultra Magnus - Voyager Autobot 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Beast Hunters Leader Class Optimus Prime Dragon Assault 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Rescue Bots: Meet Boulder the Construction-Bot Annie Auerbach" on EBAY
Buy "Zeta Toys EX-06O Oriprime Optimus Prime MP Scale Toy Transformers MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ripclaw" on EBAY