Frank Welker Joins the Cast of Transformers: Prime

Transformers News: Frank Welker Joins the Cast of Transformers: Prime

Thursday, May 20th, 2010 11:41am CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, People News
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 33,135

Hot on the heels of our report that Peter Cullen would voice Optimus Prime in the upcoming "Transformers: Prime" cartoon on Hasbro's "The Hub" network, we get a statement from Roberto Orci that Frank Welker would be joining the cast, via this thread at the Don Murphy Message Board:

Roberto Orci wrote:Really excited to see what you guys think about it. Seeing Cullen and Welker together in the recording studio was mind blowing.

We do not have information yet on what role or roles Welker will fill. Stay tuned to Seibertron.com for more news on Transformers: Prime as we discover it.

Credit(s): Roberto Orci

This article was last modified on Thursday, May 20th, 2010 12:54pm CDT

Re: Frank Welker Joins the Cast of Transformers: Prime (1076571)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on May 20th, 2010 @ 11:48am CDT
I just peed.

This is good news so far. Even if he's just doing Soundwave's voice. Hopefully though (if it's true) he's the choice they made for Megatron. So far the only bit of the old Megatron voice I've gotten recently was from the PS2 and GBA Transformer games for the 2007 movie.
Re: Frank Welker Joins the Cast of Transformers: Prime (1076579)
Posted by Rick on May 20th, 2010 @ 12:01pm CDT
I would love to see Welker return as Megatron. In fact, bring back the entire G1 voice cast! Even those who have passed on can be brought back. We have the technology. This would be a nice treat for those of us in our 30s who have kept the brand alive since 84.
Re: Frank Welker Joins the Cast of Transformers: Prime (1076580)
Posted by Dead Metal on May 20th, 2010 @ 12:03pm CDT
Re: Frank Welker Joins the Cast of Transformers: Prime (1076583)
Posted by Requiem Prime on May 20th, 2010 @ 12:10pm CDT
Oh please...

Oh please...

Let there still be goodness in this tired old world.
Re: Frank Welker Joins the Cast of Transformers: Prime (1076584)
Posted by DaiShanPrime on May 20th, 2010 @ 12:11pm CDT
Fangasm again. What channel is this supposes be on HUB? Has the channel gone live yet? Yes I'm a noob. Please give me the 411 on this. Thanks
Re: Frank Welker Joins the Cast of Transformers: Prime (1076596)
Posted by capellamusic on May 20th, 2010 @ 12:36pm CDT
Re: Frank Welker Joins the Cast of Transformers: Prime (1076598)
Posted by Name_Violation on May 20th, 2010 @ 12:41pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:OK that's it, I no longer care how this show turns out. This could be teletubbies with TF characters for all I care, the fact that it has Welker and Cullen in it makes it epic.

For serious

to quote Wayne and garth

"WE'RE NOT WORTHY" *bows* "WE'RE NOT WORTHY" *bows* "WE'RE NOT WORTHY" *bows*
Re: Frank Welker Joins the Cast of Transformers: Prime (1076606)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on May 20th, 2010 @ 12:50pm CDT
Awesome, i hope he reprises some (if not all) of his G1 voices. That would be kick ass. I hope the next cast addition we hear about is Bell. If they get all 3 for this show i dont care if it turns out to be the worst TF ever, im gonna watch. Oh and i hope Scott Mcneil gets on to.
Re: Frank Welker Joins the Cast of Transformers: Prime (1076640)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 20th, 2010 @ 2:10pm CDT
Please be Megatron, please be MEgatron... :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BOOM:
Re: Frank Welker Joins the Cast of Transformers: Prime (1076658)
Posted by Heavy B on May 20th, 2010 @ 2:46pm CDT
transformers prime has just graduated from epic win to EPIC F*KING WIN
Re: Frank Welker Joins the Cast of Transformers: Prime (1076660)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on May 20th, 2010 @ 2:49pm CDT
... I have to go change my pants now.
Re: Frank Welker Joins the Cast of Transformers: Prime (1076662)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on May 20th, 2010 @ 2:54pm CDT
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:... I have to go change my pants now.

I'm sorry, but it made me laugh a bit seeing your quote first and then reading what you posted. XD

"I am a warrior, let the battle be joined..... I have to go change my pants now."
Re: Frank Welker Joins the Cast of Transformers: Prime (1076671)
Posted by Burn on May 20th, 2010 @ 3:07pm CDT
Re: Frank Welker Joins the Cast of Transformers: Prime (1076677)
Posted by Pyrostrata on May 20th, 2010 @ 3:19pm CDT
Oh.....My.....GOD! :BOOM:

This news just made my day! Cullen and Welker on a Transformers project together again....Pure 100% EPIC win! :x
Re: Frank Welker Joins the Cast of Transformers: Prime (1076699)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on May 20th, 2010 @ 3:44pm CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:... I have to go change my pants now.

Always happy to brighten someone's day! :lol:
Re: Frank Welker Joins the Cast of Transformers: Prime (1076713)
Posted by Heavy B on May 20th, 2010 @ 4:02pm CDT
Burn wrote:hmmm ... voice actors ... not enough to save a show if it's written terribly. And I still have no faith in those two hacks who pretend to be writers.

what did they do to be hacks?
Re: Frank Welker Joins the Cast of Transformers: Prime (1076719)
Posted by Burn on May 20th, 2010 @ 4:10pm CDT
Dr. Heavy B wrote:

what did they do to be hacks?

They haven't done anything to ever impress me. All the stuff they've worked on has been material already established (Star Trek, Transformers) or practically a rip off of something else (Fringe-X-Files)

And they really only have Fringe going for them in my eyes. Didn't like Star Trek and their writing on TF is questionable as well.
Re: Frank Welker Joins the Cast of Transformers: Prime (1076764)
Posted by Heavy B on May 20th, 2010 @ 5:41pm CDT
Burn wrote:
Dr. Heavy B wrote:

what did they do to be hacks?

then by that logic, NO ONE can write for this series, because transformers is already established. and they'll be ripping off past cannon. because, lets face it, there are only so many ways you can write "came to earth in serch of energy"
Re: Frank Welker Joins the Cast of Transformers: Prime (1076768)
Posted by Burn on May 20th, 2010 @ 5:46pm CDT
Which is exactly why I don't have much faith in this show.

There could be something different done, and there are probably writers out there who could do it, just not these two.
Re: Frank Welker Joins the Cast of Transformers: Prime (1076791)
Posted by Elita One on May 20th, 2010 @ 6:36pm CDT
capellamusic wrote:More great news!! I hope he will do his usual characters including Megatron and Soundwave. It would be cool to also have Corey Burton, Greg Berger, Michael Bell and many others, including from other Transformers shows, like David Kaye, Scott McNeil, etc. All excelent choices :) .

Having Kaye and McNeil in there too would be a big fangasm from me. Great news about Welker maybe being in this :APPLAUSE: :x .

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #238 - The Podcast That Leapt Through Time
"The Podcast That Leapt Through Time"
Posted: Sunday, January 12th, 2020

Buy "TRANSFORMERS BOTCON 2016 DAWN OF THE PREDACUS CUSTOM CLASS G1 RATCHET" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers  Robots in Disguise Megatron Voyager Classics  2006 Hasbro w/Manual" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE AIRAZOR, Fracture partner Mini-con 2015" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise SANDSTING Rid 2015 Legion Scorpion" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TCG Wave 3 Captain Elita-1 Special Ops Ranger RT T02" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Fracture Complete w/ reprolabels" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Tiny Titans CLIFFJUMPER  Loose 2 1/4" 2007" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Robots in Disguise MEGATRON Action Figure" on EBAY