Friendly reminder-- Remember to Get 'Megatron Origins #2' Today!

Friendly reminder-- Remember to Get 'Megatron Origins #2' Today!

Wednesday, July 25th, 2007 12:05pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 8,322

Just like to keep the community here on its collective toes and remind you all that Megatron Origins #2 comes out today. I just picked it up at my local shop, but have not had a chance to sit down with it yet.

So consider this, a kinder, gentler wakeup to remind you to get this ever important piece of transformers history explained!

And make sure you check the Seibertron Comic Book News Section for all of the most recent releases and information about IDW's fantastic fiction!

Credit(s): www.diamondcomics.com

Re: Friendly reminder-- Remember to Get 'Megatron Origins #2' Today! (242806)
Posted by NebulanFree on July 25th, 2007 @ 12:22pm CDT
Issue two has gotta be better than issue one...
Re: Friendly reminder-- Remember to Get 'Megatron Origins #2' Today! (242827)
Posted by UltraPrimal on July 25th, 2007 @ 12:36pm CDT
Re: Friendly reminder-- Remember to Get 'Megatron Origins #2' Today! (242830)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on July 25th, 2007 @ 12:37pm CDT
Still havent found issue 1. Maybe ill just wait and order the TPB when it comes out.
Re: Friendly reminder-- Remember to Get 'Megatron Origins #2' Today! (242836)
Posted by Prime Evil on July 25th, 2007 @ 12:40pm CDT
I'm hoping that the artwork won't be so cluttered this time around.
Re: Friendly reminder-- Remember to Get 'Megatron Origins #2' Today! (242865)
Posted by Blozor on July 25th, 2007 @ 1:01pm CDT
Artwork: Cluttered.

Better than Issue One.

Soundwave makes his debut, as well as the Constructicons.

Lots of Autobot cameos.

Spoiler: Megatron kicks ass.
Re: Friendly reminder-- Remember to Get 'Megatron Origins #2' Today! (242908)
Posted by Moonbase2 on July 25th, 2007 @ 1:36pm CDT
I literally just read the Kup Spotlight and then I see that! Funny. It was pretty entertaining, too. I just got my Megatron Origin #1 today, so I'll probably head back to the shop this week to get #2. I haven't read #1 yet.
Re: Friendly reminder-- Remember to Get 'Megatron Origins #2' Today! (242967)
Posted by waaaaghlord on July 25th, 2007 @ 2:30pm CDT
UltraPrimal wrote:I'm waiting for the TPB. They are going to bundle this all into one book at the end right? And is it called a Trade Paper Back or a Graphic Novel? Or are they totally different. I'm still kind of new to the comic aspect of TF.

Technically it's a trade paperback if it collects issues that have previously been available in individual comic form and a graphic novel if it's a new story that sees it's first printing in book form. For example with the Authority books from Wildstorm 'Human on the Inside' is a graphic novel (or OGN for original graphic novel) but all of the other books are TPBs. The two terms are often considered to be fairly interchangable though.

As an aside the term trade paperback is also used to describe the larger format editions of paperback novels (around the same size as club edition hardbacks usually) that either come out between the hardback and mass market paperback (MMPB) or ahead of the MMPB in the case of books that don't see a hardback edition like KJ Anderson's Saga of Seven Suns.
Re: Friendly reminder-- Remember to Get 'Megatron Origins #2' Today! (242972)
Posted by Tigertrack on July 25th, 2007 @ 2:32pm CDT
Oh, it's good, it's real good, even if the art is a little cluttered...

I echo what Blozor said...infinitely better than the first.
Re: Friendly reminder-- Remember to Get 'Megatron Origins #2' Today! (243002)
Posted by Leonardo on July 25th, 2007 @ 2:54pm CDT
Blozor wrote:Better than Issue One.

Does that mean it's good?
Re: Friendly reminder-- Remember to Get 'Megatron Origins #2' Today! (243078)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on July 25th, 2007 @ 3:44pm CDT

I think it's just TPB now. and I'm waiting for that too. I'm just getting back into comics, but truth be told, I don't have time for chasing back issues, so for me it's TPB, or most likely nothing.
Re: Friendly reminder-- Remember to Get 'Megatron Origins #2' Today! (243211)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 25th, 2007 @ 4:59pm CDT
Liege Evilmus wrote:

Same here for me. Worst part is when you don't get the trade right away and it sells out; it's still a comic so it appreciates in value. I almost had to pay something like $95 for the TPB of War Within Vol. 1.
Re: Friendly reminder-- Remember to Get 'Megatron Origins #2' Today! (243537)
Posted by i_amtrunks on July 25th, 2007 @ 7:40pm CDT
Will be making a visit to the comic store near my work sometime today or tomorrow.

I like Origin #1, so if Origin #2 is better, I'm very much looking forward to it!
Re: Friendly reminder-- Remember to Get 'Megatron Origins #2' Today! (244668)
Posted by Moonbase2 on July 26th, 2007 @ 10:03am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Liege Evilmus wrote:

Are you serious? I got it for no trouble and I got to use my military discount on top of another discount. Was yours some kind of special edition or something?
Re: Friendly reminder-- Remember to Get 'Megatron Origins #2' Today! (244951)
Posted by zodconvoy on July 26th, 2007 @ 1:13pm CDT
Blozor wrote:Artwork: Cluttered.

Better than Issue One.

Soundwave makes his debut, as well as the Constructicons.

Lots of Autobot cameos.

Spoiler: Megatron kicks ass.

Oh and Sunstreakers in the middle of page 4 at the Arena cheering for Megatron to kill Cykill (who, if I remember correctly, he let live in the Dreamwave Gladitorial Games)
Re: Friendly reminder-- Remember to Get 'Megatron Origins #2' Today! (245153)
Posted by DSanza on July 26th, 2007 @ 3:20pm CDT
Better than the first issue. Of course, I like anything that Soundwave plays a part in. I can't wait to see who he is working for, or how he transfers his loyalty to Megatron.

My favorite part was the pit fight against Cy-Kill. I laughed when I realized who he was and that he was about to get a beating.

I wonder what finally pushes Megatron over the edge. Being a psychopathic pit fighter just doesn't seem to give him enough reason or credibility to attack the Autobots and claim leadership of the Decepticons.
Re: Friendly reminder-- Remember to Get 'Megatron Origins #2' Today! (245833)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 26th, 2007 @ 9:14pm CDT
Moonbase2 wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Liege Evilmus wrote:

Well keep in mind that I went for it well after it was released. I also got it online.
Re: Friendly reminder-- Remember to Get 'Megatron Origins #2' Today! (246038)
Posted by Faceful of Kitchen on July 26th, 2007 @ 10:51pm CDT
i got it earlier today. as with the first issue, i love the story (especially the hints that the decepticons may have rebelled because of a corrupt government), but this series contains the worst art i've seen in a tf comic this side of micromasters. it's so cluttered that half the time you can't tell who's who or what's going on in the picture.
Re: Friendly reminder-- Remember to Get 'Megatron Origins #2' Today! (246102)
Posted by i_amtrunks on July 26th, 2007 @ 11:13pm CDT
Grabbed it at lunch.

Read about half of it, the story looks good, the characters (the ones who you can tell who they are) that are used are good choices. Im thinking the inevitable Prime vs. Megatron battle may be short and sweet.

Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers SIEGE War for Cybertron Deluxe Class COG - WEAPONIZER! Complete." on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War For Cybertron SIEGE Firedrive WFC-S1" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON BATTLE MASTERS Aimless" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron SIEGE Roadhandler & Swindler WFC-S4" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Trilogy Pteraxadon Action Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Springer" on EBAY