Thursday, July 5th, 2007 1:25am CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Hotrod   Views: 9,590

Re: Friendly Reminder that New Avengers/ The Transformers: Man and Machine #1 is Out Today (200925)
Posted by Tigertrack on July 5th, 2007 @ 8:18am CDT
Yeah, and Galvatron, and Target 2006!

Plus, GI Joe AE #25!
Re: Friendly Reminder that New Avengers/ The Transformers: Man and Machine #1 is Out Today (201055)
Posted by ThunderThruster on July 5th, 2007 @ 10:19am CDT
Hotrod wrote:The summers biggest crossover is here! The first issue of New Avengers/ The Transformers: Man and Machine #1 is set to hit comic book store shelves today! So hurry to your local comic store to pick it up. You can also keep up with all your comic news in the Seibertron.com Comics Section.

already been and bought it!
Re: Friendly Reminder that New Avengers/ The Transformers: Man and Machine #1 is Out Today (201291)
Posted by OptimusShr on July 5th, 2007 @ 12:24pm CDT
Picked up it and Spotlight: Galvatron yesterday, slight spoilers below.

Overall it was pretty good. We haven't seen much of the Transformers but I don't think that hurts the story at all. This issue was designed to set things up and get us interested, and it did that well.

Spotlight Galvatron is kickarse as well. Guidi's art rocks the house and some very interesting revelations are brought forth. I can't wait to see where things go.
Re: Friendly Reminder that New Avengers/ The Transformers: Man and Machine #1 is Out Today (201850)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on July 5th, 2007 @ 6:50pm CDT
I guess the good Captain is already tired of the grave. I know this isn't a piece of true Marvel Continum, but you just killed the guy. Maybe it would mean a little something if you don't have him show up for a while.

This story seemes like a perfect opertunity for IronMan and Thor to step up.

And I know this was supose to happen before he got killed but still...

Take a note from Prime, lay low for a while. Give us a heart breaking glimpse, Then make us want it and come back in force!
Re: Friendly Reminder that New Avengers/ The Transformers: Man and Machine #1 is Out Today (201891)
Posted by Creature SH on July 5th, 2007 @ 7:09pm CDT
Liege Evilmus wrote:This story seemes like a perfect opertunity for IronMan and Thor to step up.

Thor was also dead until very recently, though. Ragnarök and all.
Re: Friendly Reminder that New Avengers/ The Transformers: Man and Machine #1 is Out Today (201896)
Posted by Hotrod on July 5th, 2007 @ 7:11pm CDT
I just picked up an issue and hopefully I will be able to give it a read tonight :grin:
Re: Friendly Reminder that New Avengers/ The Transformers: Man and Machine #1 is Out Today (201923)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on July 5th, 2007 @ 7:22pm CDT
Creature SH wrote:

Thor was also dead until very recently, though. Ragnarök and all.

It was enough for me, and that last bit is why I hate the TF cop out of "well it's another universe". I don't mind time distortions and things like that, but find a way to peice it together. I did in my collective.
Re: Friendly Reminder that New Avengers/ The Transformers: Man and Machine #1 is Out Today (201946)
Posted by Creature SH on July 5th, 2007 @ 7:35pm CDT
Liege Evilmus wrote:I love them, but I've been out of the comic loop for a while now. Last time I checked there where 3 or 4 Thors running around at the same time. Then they started numbering the Marvel Universes!?!

Oh, the numbering has been in place a pretty long time. Just a little play with the alternate realities that every major comic universe seems to have.

And the main Universe (616) has always had just one definitive Thor, although there are a few guys who are sharing his powers or following the example he's set.

Recently, there WAS a fake Thor running around. A part-clone/part-cyborg devised by Reed Richards and Tony Stark as an enforcer for the Superhero Registration Act. He was destroyed very soon by Hercules, though.
Re: Friendly Reminder that New Avengers/ The Transformers: Man and Machine #1 is Out Today (201950)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on July 5th, 2007 @ 7:39pm CDT
Creature SH wrote:

Thanks for catching me up!

But to the origional point, Comic Guys never stay dead long. But absence makes the heart grow fonder, they should have left The Captain hidden for a bit.
Re: Friendly Reminder that New Avengers/ The Transformers: Man and Machine #1 is Out Today (202008)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on July 5th, 2007 @ 8:12pm CDT
Can someone who has the issue post the usual information I need to update its entry on the VSD?
Re: Friendly Reminder that New Avengers/ The Transformers: Man and Machine #1 is Out Today (202121)
Posted by Calvatron on July 5th, 2007 @ 9:09pm CDT
It was definately marvel (not my favorite comic company) but for a cross-over it not as bad as i expected. Actually kinda enjoying this, in a cartoon one shot sort of way.
Re: Friendly Reminder that New Avengers/ The Transformers: Man and Machine #1 is Out Today (202528)
Posted by Hotrod on July 6th, 2007 @ 1:32am CDT
This was good for set up and plot, but I hope issue 2 has more action. So far I think it is better then the last few GI Joe crossovers.
Re: Friendly Reminder that New Avengers/ The Transformers: Man and Machine #1 is Out Today (207393)
Posted by Zakor1138 on July 8th, 2007 @ 2:12pm CDT
Doesn't this take place BEFORE Civil War? Thats what I heard.
Re: Friendly Reminder that New Avengers/ The Transformers: Man and Machine #1 is Out Today (209189)
Posted by sparty2304 on July 9th, 2007 @ 9:38am CDT
Zakor1138 wrote:Doesn't this take place BEFORE Civil War? Thats what I heard.

Yes this takes place before Cap dies...not a different Universe...I liked it good set up...issues 2 does need more action!
Re: Friendly Reminder that New Avengers/ The Transformers: Man and Machine #1 is Out Today (213233)
Posted by Autobot114 on July 10th, 2007 @ 8:54pm CDT
can I get some scans if it's possible please?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers G.I. Joe Sky Striker Starscream Cobra Commander 2011 SDCC Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SIEGE War for Cybertron Deluxe Class COG - WEAPONIZER! Complete." on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War For Cybertron SIEGE Firedrive WFC-S1" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON BATTLE MASTERS Aimless" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron SIEGE Roadhandler & Swindler WFC-S4" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Trilogy Pteraxadon Action Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Springer" on EBAY