Friendly Reminder that Transformers Movie Adaptation #1 is Out Today!

Friendly Reminder that Transformers Movie Adaptation #1 is Out Today!

Wednesday, June 6th, 2007 12:15pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Movie Related News
Posted by: Hotrod   Views: 13,822

This is just a friendly reminder that IDW's Transformers Movie Adaptation #1 is out today! So hurry to your comic shop! You can check out a five page preview of Transformers Movie Adaptation #1 in the IDW New Releases Section.

Credit(s): IDWPublishing.com

Re: Friendly Reminder that Transformers Movie Adaptation #1 is Out Today! (151285)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 6th, 2007 @ 12:28pm CDT
Ill be picking this up along with the Prime vs Megatron one on friday. Now we'll know if the movies story is going to suck or not.
Re: Friendly Reminder that Transformers Movie Adaptation #1 is Out Today! (151298)
Posted by Talyn on June 6th, 2007 @ 12:38pm CDT
I actually saw this, which after paging through it seemed to be the entire movie...on June 2nd at a Walden Books.
Re: Friendly Reminder that Transformers Movie Adaptation #1 is Out Today! (151319)
Posted by Robinson on June 6th, 2007 @ 12:53pm CDT
One thing you have to take into consideration on the movie adapations is that they are mostly made from the sreenplay so theres elements that will or will not be in the final movie.
Re: Friendly Reminder that Transformers Movie Adaptation #1 is Out Today! (151324)
Posted by Archanubis on June 6th, 2007 @ 12:58pm CDT
I'll see if I can't pick this up on Thursday (thank God for "subscriptions").
Re: Friendly Reminder that Transformers Movie Adaptation #1 is Out Today! (151362)
Posted by MantaScorp on June 6th, 2007 @ 1:27pm CDT

Oh, and the comic book glosses over things even more than the novel does. And the artwork in the majority of the panels is...eh...less than quality...
Re: Friendly Reminder that Transformers Movie Adaptation #1 is Out Today! (151390)
Posted by Spooner on June 6th, 2007 @ 1:55pm CDT
So - does the story seem to be okay?
Re: Friendly Reminder that Transformers Movie Adaptation #1 is Out Today! (151424)
Posted by MantaScorp on June 6th, 2007 @ 2:22pm CDT
I think the core story is done very well (in both the novel and the comic, obviously).

MINOR SPOILERS BELOW!!!!!

It's difficult to accept that Prime and other Autobots arrive mid-way through the plot, and Megs is relegated to near the end, but given that the action scenes at the end are going to be longer and more involved than the way they are featured on the page, I am confident.

I mean, you see only a few panels with Brawl, and the demise of one 'bot is handled poorly in a single panel. On the big screen, these will be much more drawn-out.
Re: Friendly Reminder that Transformers Movie Adaptation #1 is Out Today! (151508)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 6th, 2007 @ 3:33pm CDT
MantaScorp wrote:Actually, the trade paperback of the entire Movie Adaptation is out in your local comic book shop today. I picked it up this afternoon. Why wait four weeks to get something you can get in one day, right?

Hopefully my comicbook store has the TPB. How much is it? If all else fails ill order it with the card game.
Re: Friendly Reminder that Transformers Movie Adaptation #1 is Out Today! (151579)
Posted by Ninja Sixshot on June 6th, 2007 @ 4:15pm CDT
ill just get the graphic novel version(whenever it comes out).
Re: Friendly Reminder that Transformers Movie Adaptation #1 is Out Today! (151694)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 6th, 2007 @ 5:30pm CDT
Ninja Sixshot wrote:ill just get the graphic novel version(whenever it comes out).

I think that another name for graphic novel is Trade Paper Back. So according to MantaScorp its out.
Re: Friendly Reminder that Transformers Movie Adaptation #1 is Out Today! (151696)
Posted by dragons on June 6th, 2007 @ 5:34pm CDT
just got the last issue of number one today to bad movie adaptations are not entirley all true to the movie its self otherwise we might here frenzy say some words in the film itself he does in this issue to barricade.
Re: Friendly Reminder that Transformers Movie Adaptation #1 is Out Today! (151859)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on June 6th, 2007 @ 6:53pm CDT
They should have done like the Megatron Origin with this and waited till after the movie to release it.
Re: Friendly Reminder that Transformers Movie Adaptation #1 is Out Today! (151969)
Posted by BluePhirePB on June 6th, 2007 @ 7:57pm CDT
Ok, I'm a little confused. I picked up both the prequel and adaption today from my comic book store and Chapters. The prequel has all 4 comics in one book. Does the adaption also have all the comics in one book? If so, why are they just releasing issue 1 of the adaption now?

Here's what I got:

Re: Friendly Reminder that Transformers Movie Adaptation #1 is Out Today! (152003)
Posted by slagfan on June 6th, 2007 @ 8:18pm CDT
I remember asking a friend who worked at Walden during Episode III, why the trade was out way before the movie. He said it had something to do with those stores needing their inventory at a certain time. I guess this "early release" has something to do with that?
Re: Friendly Reminder that Transformers Movie Adaptation #1 is Out Today! (152071)
Posted by Denyer on June 6th, 2007 @ 9:04pm CDT
BluePhirePB wrote: Does the adaption also have all the comics in one book? If so, why are they just releasing issue 1 of the adaption now?

The issues will have interviews/art and other extra stuff to build up to the movie release. The TPB needed to be out well in advance so that normal bookstores/hypermarkets could get it into stock in time for the film and do promotions.
Re: Friendly Reminder that Transformers Movie Adaptation #1 is Out Today! (152143)
Posted by Blozor on June 6th, 2007 @ 9:50pm CDT
I didn't care for Bumblebee having to do a Bat Signal with the Autobot symbol to call his comrades. Couldn't he just send a radio signal? He wouldn't have to talk, just send some data code that informs them that he found their mark.

If Blackout lets out an EMP right when he Transforms, how can the computers still be on for him to start extracting information?

Just a couple of nitpicks I saw when I ran through it this morning, but I was really tired by the time I got around to reading it. (I work third shift.)
Re: Friendly Reminder that Transformers Movie Adaptation #1 is Out Today! (152582)
Posted by Duo Prime on June 7th, 2007 @ 3:14am CDT
I got mine(well issue #1) today, and i kinda want to wait to read it, i want to be surprised when i watch the movie....But I'm So Damn Tempted!!!!
Re: Friendly Reminder that Transformers Movie Adaptation #1 is Out Today! (152984)
Posted by jgilkinson on June 7th, 2007 @ 10:21am CDT
no spoilers for me thanks
Re: Friendly Reminder that Transformers Movie Adaptation #1 is Out Today! (153046)
Posted by Hairball178 on June 7th, 2007 @ 11:26am CDT
I passed on this too. Dark Horse did this with the Star Wars prequels, so I already knew about the big fight scene with Yoda in Ep 2 before my friends got to go see it when it premiered. And I almost fell for it again with Ep 3, but I managed to avoid it this time.

But I did thumb through this issue, and I really liked some of the cgi spreads of the 'bots...I especially liked the uber-awesome pic of Blackout.
Re: Friendly Reminder that Transformers Movie Adaptation #1 is Out Today! (153827)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 7th, 2007 @ 6:45pm CDT
So what would be better getting the issues one by one or just get the TPB right from the start?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Beast Hunters Leader Class Optimus Prime Dragon Assault 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots - Heatwave the Fire-Bot Boat" on EBAY
Buy "Zeta Toys EX-06O Oriprime Optimus Prime MP Scale Toy Transformers MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ripclaw" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Lazerback" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager - Sandstorm - Loose" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Deluxe Transformers The Last Knight Superhero Mens Costume XL" on EBAY