Full images of TFA toy Box art

Transformers News: Full images of TFA toy Box art

Tuesday, January 27th, 2009 11:23PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Nekoman   Views: 32,510

~mmatere on Deviant Art has posted three full images of the art used on the packaging for Transformers Animated Roadbuster Ultra Magnus, Shadow Blade Megatron and Wreck-Gar. This is an excellent treat for fans of the art seen on the Transformers Animated toy line’s packaging. Use the following links to view each image or see them mirrored here.

Roadbuster Ultra Magnus
Shadow Blade Megatron
Wreck-Gar

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}
Credit(s): ~mmatere, Deviant Art

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Full images of TFA toy Box art (874775)
Posted by Swiftpaw on January 27th, 2009 @ 11:31pm CST
Re: Full images of TFA toy Box art (874779)
Posted by emeraldbeacon on January 27th, 2009 @ 11:48pm CST
Swiftpaw wrote:I just get a kick out of Wreck-Gar's 'Wait what was I doing now?' expression in the colored version.

Wreck-Gar is full of WIN.
Re: Full images of TFA toy Box art (874795)
Posted by Dreadwinglord on January 28th, 2009 @ 12:19am CST
God I love those XD
Re: Full images of TFA toy Box art (874796)
Posted by Nujevad on January 28th, 2009 @ 12:28am CST
I wonder why they changed Wreck-Gar's expression when they colored him in. Anyway, the pic of Roadbuster Magnus isn't bad at all, unfortunately, something gets lost when it comes to the actual toy and he looks kinda weird.
Re: Full images of TFA toy Box art (874811)
Posted by emeraldbeacon on January 28th, 2009 @ 1:43am CST
Nujevad wrote:I wonder why they changed Wreck-Gar's expression when they colored him in...

On the DeviantArt page, it was stated that Hasbro didn't want him to look so agressive - after all, this is Wreck-Gar. So it was changed to that... which I think could be taken as either confusion (wait, why am I swinging giant energon blades at the guy with the purple face-logo?) or emulation of Bruce Lee (Oooooooowaaaaahh!).
Re: Full images of TFA toy Box art (874820)
Posted by Shadowstream on January 28th, 2009 @ 2:45am CST
Seeing the color scheme for shadow blade Megs is making me reconsider how I was gonna repaint my classics Megatron. I dunno why but that kind of purple on black just looks totally awesome for Megatron!
Re: Full images of TFA toy Box art (874889)
Posted by Kique on January 28th, 2009 @ 7:24am CST
Love Wreck-Gar :grin: I'm so going to buy him !!!! I'm still not sold on the Megatron and Ultra Magnus repaint. The paintings look good ... I just don't like the repainted toy :-?
Re: Full images of TFA toy Box art (874890)
Posted by hippymule on January 28th, 2009 @ 7:25am CST
shadow blade megatron has a g1 esqe boxart feeling
Re: Full images of TFA toy Box art (874893)
Posted by Diem on January 28th, 2009 @ 7:30am CST

I picture him in mid-song. He's reached "or just sit around the house and watch Leave It To Beaver" in this shot.
Re: Full images of TFA toy Box art (875304)
Posted by Riotflea on January 28th, 2009 @ 9:50pm CST
These look great!

...

...Well, except I see they kept that blue head on Roadbuster Magnus.
Very awkward.

Like, imagine if you got a Nemesis Prime figure but like one arm was still red.
I wouldn't be surprised to find some drastic accident took place halfway through production and they needed heads fast.
Re: Full images of TFA toy Box art (876619)
Posted by Autoclot on January 31st, 2009 @ 5:49am CST
Riotflea wrote:Like, imagine if you got a Nemesis Prime figure but like one arm was still red.

Is that a new exclusive repaint, perhaps? Redneck Prime?

Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #221 - Appliance Wars
"Appliance Wars"
Posted: Sunday, April 14th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager Battle Core Optimus Prime CHUG w/Reprolabels" on EBAY
Buy "RARE JAPANESE TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS WHEELIE AUTOBOT FIGURE MINT IN PACKAGE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations: Deluxe Class- Titans Return - FRACAS & SCOURGE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Warpath MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner wars Cyclonus Voyager Class figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS COMBINER WARS DELUXE SUPERION FIREFLY" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations WARPATH Autobot 2011" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations warpath Deluxe class complete no paperwork" on EBAY