Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15

Transformers News: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15

Sunday, February 25th, 2018 10:50AM CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 13,893

The almost final preview for this coming week's comics (but the last one for Transformers titles) from IDW Publishing features the second part of the Scavengers arc in Transformers: Lost Light #15! The full preview comes to us via fellow Seibertronian Sunstar, who found it on the comics and media website Comic Book Resources - we have mirrored the images below for your viewing convenience.

Make sure to take a read, then join the discussion in the Energon Pub forums! Will you be picking this issue up on Wednesday?

SECRETS AND LIES! As the Scavengers’ journey reaches its ignoble end, the architect of their downfall puts the fate of half the Cybertronian race in their hands. Only one question remains: Are the worst Decepticons prepared to become the ONLY Decepticons?

Transformers News: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15

Transformers News: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15

Transformers News: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15

Transformers News: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15

Transformers News: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15

Transformers News: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15

Transformers News: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15
Credit(s): CBR
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 (1942368)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 25th, 2018 @ 11:33am CST
Love it
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 (1942397)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on February 25th, 2018 @ 2:00pm CST
Wow! Someone actually remembered the Magnificence actually exists!?
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 (1942413)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on February 25th, 2018 @ 3:06pm CST
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 (1942469)
Posted by Randomhero on February 25th, 2018 @ 10:26pm CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:Not bad. I don't want to get my hopes up, because it's only a 3-page preview, but might we finally be getting a decent story in LL?

Shhhh, there’s still time to rush it completely
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 (1943102)
Posted by ScottyP on February 28th, 2018 @ 2:06pm CST

And that last page, my word, that is a masterpiece. The lines, the lighting, the words - that's how you do a cliffhanger!

Unofficial score (someone else is writing the formal review): 113/Fulcrum; would have Khary Payton voice this Grimlock
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 (1943140)
Posted by Counterpunch on February 28th, 2018 @ 7:10pm CST
15 felt far more back to MtMtE form.

I liked it and I hope it continues along this trajectory.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 (1943229)
Posted by Quint on March 1st, 2018 @ 11:05am CST
Read like an episode of Doctor Who.

After being written into an impossible corner, the heroes escape via a tedious scene of heavy exposition.

Terrible stuff.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 (1943235)
Posted by snavej on March 1st, 2018 @ 1:19pm CST
[spoiler]OK, so Nickel paralysed Scorponok with a Tarn voicemail message. However,
she was very close to the 'phone so she probably heard the message herself. Why wasn't she paralysed too? Tarn might have given her the antidote previously but, if he did, he shouldn't have been so trusting. He was the chief of the Decepticon anti-rebellion forces. He shouldn't have given her the means to neutralise his sonic weapon.[/spoiler]
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 (1943237)
Posted by WreckerJack on March 1st, 2018 @ 1:40pm CST
I read 14 and 15 last night before bed. I'm beginning to get annoyed with LL. (LL Kinda feels like having a bad girlfriend you keep making excuses for over and over and then there's the eventual break up looming in the distance once the bad outweighs the redeeming qualities.) Robots and humans don't mix and especially not like this. Blech. What I like about the comics is less humans. Entertaining human characters are few and far between. [spoiler]Also the whole abortion thing was just cringe. I know that the writers in this series like to be political but this is just rubbed me the wrong way. Most the time I wanna roll my eyes when things get political to the point of feeling off topic, this time I about wanted to gag.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Also when are they gonna stop the OMG those guys are dead oh no they are not thing. Yes Jro we know you like to shock us but it's like crying wolf every other issue now.[/spoiler] At first it was shocking but now it's just annoying. It's like they wanna toy with us to see how we will react. At this point I don't even think [spoiler]tailgate is gone forever[/spoiler] because of this stuff.

If I had one nice thing to say about these issues it was they had a good smooth flow to the story. I feel like the aforementioned issues take away from it but I was enjoying the scavengers. They are quite relatable and you can't help having a soft spot for 'em. Honestly they are fun characters and I would enjoy more content with them if they didn't ruin the story with unnecessary stuff.

I'll admit that I prefer if they stick with one or two stories per issue. Back in MTMTE sometimes I would get confused because there was so much going on. I know they had to do it to introduce all of the characters but add in the time travel arcs and sometimes I had to re-read to get things all straight in my head. Not a big issue but in the beginning it was a little daunting to get into the series. Either way I don't really have high hopes for future issues. I may be making the switch to another series if this keeps up rather than staying around to let this one sour on me.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 (1943248)
Posted by ScottyP on March 1st, 2018 @ 3:13pm CST
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 (1943252)
Posted by WreckerJack on March 1st, 2018 @ 3:26pm CST
It's been a polarizing issue that's for sure. I just wish it hadn't rubbed me the wrong way so many times. It's either time for me to find something else to read or perhaps when I settle down I can focus more on the positive aspects of it. I know I want to but this whole thing is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

If you enjoyed this issue that's totally cool, don't let my grumping spoil it for ya.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 (1943273)
Posted by Quint on March 1st, 2018 @ 6:25pm CST
ScottyP wrote:I think 14-15 are really tough to hate on like y'all are doing. I want this book to succeed and sell a lot and continue for a long time but if you didn't enjoy these last two I think this might not be the book for you. The Scavengers are one of the best elements of the series and encapsulate so much of it so well in symbolic ways. I really hope we get to see more of them down the line, but this part of their story is pretty satisfyingly concluded at this point.

You wish this apparently struggling book to succeed while simultaneously suggesting we stop buying it? Seriously though there's likely only - what - five or so issues left and we've stuck it this far :lol:

The sheer excellence of those first 30 or so issues (sans Dark Cybertron) warrant a decent conclusion. Besides, it's a forum - vive la différence!
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 (1943279)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 1st, 2018 @ 6:37pm CST
Throwing these out there real quick even though I wanted to write a news post and don't have time: Lost Light is going to at least issue 25 and EJ Su is doing line work for issue 19

https://twitter.com/jroberts332/status/ ... 57765?s=19

https://twitter.com/jroberts332/status/ ... 02754?s=19
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 (1943327)
Posted by Big Grim on March 2nd, 2018 @ 7:40am CST
ScottyP wrote:15 was glorious. I have to admit, the twist involving [spoiler]an infant with a Decepticon logo face tattoo[/spoiler] had me rolling my eyes for a few minutes, but it was literally just that. Once I kept going and [spoiler]Scorponok explained what was going on[/spoiler], I found that to make sense and be consistent with this version of the character especially given past unusual events from the Furman era. Felt a bit, thematically, like elements found in Masterforce. Should be fun to see where it goes!

Agreed! I thoroughly enjoyed this issue. I've liked the callbacks the last two issues have made. I mean, Scorponok mentioning Dante? Who'da thought it? Loving how Grimlock is developing too, what with him being my fave Dino.

Really ought to try and tough my way through the Japanese shows. I've had em for years but it was tough to get into Headmasters and I kinda stalled.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 (1943333)
Posted by ScottyP on March 2nd, 2018 @ 9:01am CST
Quint wrote:

I typed a post when I didn't have enough time to, so... this is fair. Glad things aren't as doom and gloom as my initial readings of some posts suggested ;)^
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 (1943341)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 2nd, 2018 @ 9:39am CST
Thanks to a heads up from the Author of Transformers: Lost Light himself, we have news that, despite the rumors of an IDW reboot coming, Lost Light will be running to at least issue 25. James Roberts himself confirmed this on his Twitter page, saying that Issues 19-25 will be the culmination of the More Than Meets The Eye and Lost Light series. For those keeping track, with issue 15 having come out this past month (February) and the recent Solicitations showing that issue 18 is set to come in May, this means Lost Light will be running till December, when issue 25 will be coming out. What this means for next calendar year and IDW comics we don't yet know, but it appears that no reboot will be happening this calendar year.

Also confirmed from Roberts on Twitter, we have news that Issue 19 of the series, set to come out in June, will feature the original IDW artist, EJ Su, on line work! Since doing the linework for the early -ations era of comics, and with some work in All Hail Megatron, Spotlights Prowl and Jazz, and some recent covers, this will be EJ's first issue of linework since 2010.

Are you excited for Lost Light to be going to issue 25? Thrilled to have EJ Su back on art duties for a Transformers comic? Let us know in the comments section below!

Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 (1943343)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 2nd, 2018 @ 9:42am CST
Also, I promise the review will be coming! Paperwork and apartment hunting has taken a lot of time away from me this week!
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 (1943350)
Posted by ScottyP on March 2nd, 2018 @ 10:05am CST
This is good news indeed. Here's hoping whatever follows is Lost Light 26, MTMTE 83, or something more-or-less equivalent!
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 (1943354)
Posted by Randomhero on March 2nd, 2018 @ 10:15am CST
I care more to see EJ Su than anything else. I have missed his work for a long time. When he did some cover are during dark Cybertron and last year I was thrilled.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Lost Light #15 (1943364)
Posted by Nexus Knight on March 2nd, 2018 @ 11:50am CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:For those keeping track, with issue 15 having come out this past month (February) and the recent Solicitations showing that issue 18 is set to come in May, this means Lost Light will be running till December, when issue 25 will be coming out.

:lol: That's a nice assumption, thinking IDW will be able to keep to its infamously bad scheduling.
Transformers products from AMAZON