Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #10

Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #10

Tuesday, May 30th, 2017 2:15am CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 17,477

In other IDW Publishing news, and more squarely in the Transformers field, Till All Are One reaches its tenth issue this Wednesday, featuring the continuation of the new story arc, and the return of Blast Off and the Combaticons! Plus, Beast Wars meets Transformers: Prime, in the new character introduction...

Pop back after the book's release for a Seibertron.com review, and join the discussion in the Energon Pub!

Transformers: Till All Are One #10
Mairghread Scott (w) • Sara Pitre-Durocher (a & c)
As Starscream faces down the encroaching machinations of Elita One, he enlists Blast Off to help him bring Bruticus back!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Bullet points:
Variant cover by Marcelo Matere!

Transformers News: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #10

Transformers News: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #10

Transformers News: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #10

Transformers News: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #10

Transformers News: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #10

Transformers News: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #10

Transformers News: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #10

Credit(s): IDW

Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #10 (1885061)
Posted by Bounti76 on May 30th, 2017 @ 2:31am CDT
I knew IDW Airachnid would be connected to Eukaris. I wonder who the other spider-bot standing with Blackarachnia is.

Also, I kept reading her lines in Gina Torres' voice. :lol:
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #10 (1885062)
Posted by grimlockprime108 on May 30th, 2017 @ 2:45am CDT
I think the other spider is based McDonald's transmetal blackarachnia toy.you know if it had been cool and not a lump
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #10 (1885078)
Posted by Big Grim on May 30th, 2017 @ 7:26am CDT
Bounti76 wrote:Also, I kept reading her lines in Gina Torres' voice. :lol:

Snap. I came here to say the exact same thing! :D
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #10 (1885080)
Posted by LE0KING on May 30th, 2017 @ 7:41am CDT
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #10 (1885085)
Posted by Randomhero on May 30th, 2017 @ 8:12am CDT
Looks more like a spider version of Antagony but it doesn't matter, probably just an Easter egg of someone who won't show up again.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #10 (1885087)
Posted by Randomhero on May 30th, 2017 @ 8:14am CDT
LE0KING wrote:I don't care if it's Hasbro, third party, or some guy in his mom's basement, someone give me a good airachnid toy! :-(

It's certainly a figure I don't regret selling. Found her said "yes, I don't care if she's a bad figure I found her!" Opened her up and sucked my teeth and 3 weeks later sold to someone.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #10 (1885088)
Posted by Kurona on May 30th, 2017 @ 8:20am CDT

Heard the legion isn't bad.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #10 (1885090)
Posted by LE0KING on May 30th, 2017 @ 8:32am CDT
Have the legion, love it. Need it bigger.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #10 (1885100)
Posted by Randomhero on May 30th, 2017 @ 8:54am CDT
Kurona wrote:

Heard the legion isn't bad.

Legion one can actually move its arms and legs.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #10 (1885107)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on May 30th, 2017 @ 9:31am CDT
Randomhero wrote:
Kurona wrote:

Heard the legion isn't bad.

Legion one can actually move its arms and legs.

Also it's legion, so if your building a Neo G1 IDW and/or Prime, it won't exactly fit in. Genuinely surprised with how popular of a character she is a 3rd party hasn't taken a crack at a Neo-g1 style arachnid. Anyway back to the comic, I had a feeling as soon at there was any hint to Airachnid being in TAAO, that she would've been responsible for the killings in the first issue. I do find it interesting that Airachnid is performing something very similar to mneurosurgery, without exactly being it. Opens more lore without it being something to similar to what was explored with chromedome. Also I like how most of Starscream and Airachnid's dialog is full of backhanded compliments and veiled insults.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #10 (1885116)
Posted by Kurona on May 30th, 2017 @ 10:35am CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:Also I like how most of Starscream and Airachnid's dialog is full of backhanded compliments and veiled insults.

Their relationship is absolutely perfect - I think it may be too much to ask for her to be a main player, but dear god would I love for her to show up again. I much prefer her as Starscream's partner-in-crime to Rattrap.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #10 (1885184)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 30th, 2017 @ 12:42pm CDT
Big Grim wrote:
Bounti76 wrote:Also, I kept reading her lines in Gina Torres' voice. :lol:

Snap. I came here to say the exact same thing! :D

and I was thinking the exact same thing too!!

Dang, now if only I could read Starscream in Steve Blum's voice. I haven't really been able to do that yet
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #10 (1885187)
Posted by Kurona on May 30th, 2017 @ 12:48pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
Big Grim wrote:
Bounti76 wrote:Also, I kept reading her lines in Gina Torres' voice. :lol:

Snap. I came here to say the exact same thing! :D

and I was thinking the exact same thing too!!

Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #10 (1885426)
Posted by Big Grim on May 31st, 2017 @ 8:25am CDT
Kurona wrote:What we need is a very, very good voiceover. I wouldn't have even thought of Animated Megatron as the voice for IDW Megatron (or, hell, as my favourite Megatron voice) until this very awesome video. But now it fits perfectly! (mtmte32spoilers)

Wow! That's really rather splendid!
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #10 (1885591)
Posted by ScottyP on May 31st, 2017 @ 8:00pm CDT

And I didn't even touch on Starscream yet. Keeps getting better somehow. Guess the ceiling is the roof for how far they're gonna take him and it is so fun to read.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #10 (1885593)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 31st, 2017 @ 8:02pm CDT
Since this thread was posted in, the review will hopefully be coming tonight. Some stuff has been interfering and this is an issue that writing a good review for is difficult.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #10 (1885594)
Posted by Kurona on May 31st, 2017 @ 8:03pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:So 10. That was so good. Blast Off went from "somewhat defined supporting role character" to "deeply relatable, well rounded, conflicted, possibly critically important" in 20 pages. All the creators involved should take a bow :BOWDOWN:

Starscream starts from the whole 'I am a terrible person and I will never stop being a terrible person so why even try' resolution at the end of last issue (for lack of a better phrase :lol: ) and absolutely RUNS with it in this issue. And like I said above, his relationship with Airachnid is perfect and I want to see more of her. The two are absolutely devious.

Blast Off as well has shot up to one of the best characters in the comic. He was already well on the way there but #10 sealed it.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #10 (1885603)
Posted by LE0KING on May 31st, 2017 @ 8:28pm CDT
So please don't take this out of context.

Why is it that every single relationship shown in IDW has been same sex? Don't get me wrong, I understand that there wasn't gender on cybertron, but ever since fembots became a thing there still hasn't been a straight couple. We've had 8 total couples shown on page, 3 fembot on fembot and 5 robot on robot. The closest we've gotten was Skids and Nautica and that never got past the high school crush phase. And with Chromia leaving I doubt Ironhide will have a shot.
Am I the only person who has issues with this? Or am I wrong?
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #10 (1885606)
Posted by Kurona on May 31st, 2017 @ 8:33pm CDT
LE0KING wrote:So please don't take this out of context.

Am I the only person who has issues with this? Or am I wrong?

Sparkstalker and Lightbright, Tigatron and Airazor. Heavy hinting with Arcee and Sideswipe as well as Nautica with Brainstorm.
Regardless, considering I've seen so much fiction which purely had straight relationships, I'm very happy to have fiction which almost purely has non-straight relationships. And it makes sense considering the worldbuilding has stated Cybertron is not a hetero-normative society unlike the culture most of us are used to and live in.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers: Till All Are One #10 (1885614)
Posted by Kurona on May 31st, 2017 @ 8:47pm CDT
Completely out of the blue just after its tenth issue was released today, head writer Mairghread Scott has posted on her blog the very unfortunate news that the third Transformers ongoing, Till All Are One - a continuation of the previous Windblade volumes - will be cancelled after Issue 12. According to the blog post, this is apparently not an editorial decision but Scott's own for reasons relating to writing, finding the best way to get across her story, and out of not wanting to write another story she feels she would not be able to put as much passion into simply for the sake of continuing the comic. Hence as a series Till All Are One will be discontinued, but as a story it will continue on after Issue #12 in an as-of-yet unnamed annual planned for release in either late 2017 or early 2018 as its ending. The rest of her blog post details Scott's favourite moments writing Till All Are One, the things she wished she could have done but didn't get to, and her camaraderie with the creative team - which you can all peruse below if you wish, and tell us what you think of this in the Energon Pub forums.

I should have written this a while ago, but I wanted to wait until after Issue #10 because it was such an important issue for me, a triumph of our series. And I think it truly is a triumph. It’s difficult and uncomfortable and still very compelling. This is in big part thanks to Sara’s amazing art and Joana’s amazing colors. So now I’ll say it. We’re cancelled.

What happened? Nothing.

Our attrition rate was fairly normal and Issue 12 would be our profitability breaking point. We were asked if we wanted to do something to shake things up (shift focus, shift cast, shift story) after the First Strike event, which is also normal, but I didn’t. I love Transformers, but I’ve been writing it for literally years and I wanted to tell this story. So rather than think of a new story I didn’t love as much, I just chose to end us here.

Till All Are One will go to Issue 12 and then an annual will be put out late 2017/early 2018 to wrap up any loose threads. A thousand thanks to our editor, Carlos, for giving us that much-needed space. A thousand thanks to Sara and Joana and Priscilla and Tom and John and Meg and Jason and all the people I know I’m forgetting and shouldn’t.

Issue 11 and 12 are going to be awesome by the way. I think we crafted a really satisfying, positive ending emotionally and the annual puts that needed cherry on top. We did something I never thought I’d be able to pull off that I’ll talk about more when it’s released.

In the meantime, I’d like to take a moment to say all the things I couldn’t before:

FAVORITE LINE I EVER WROTE:

FAVORITE THING SARA’S EVER DRAWN:

The Combaticons. Think about it. These guys DON’T HAVE FACES! (Well, Blast Off does) and she makes them so expressive without making it seem like she’s cheating their designs or making them cartoony. I had to keep writing them!

WORST THING I EVER MADE SARA DRAW:

The Bruticus face made out of Combaticons. Even as I wrote it I was like “I’ve got nothing. Good luck!” Naturally, she knocked it out of the park, but I still feel bad. [NOTE: this doesn’t include Issue 12, which may still kill her because it’s also basically impossible.]

THINGS I WANTED TO WRITE BUT DIDN’T HAVE TIME TO:

-Ironhide’s private security firm and their wacky adventures (mostly with Tall Tankor and Fat Tankor)

-An issue of Titan’s Return just about the Maccadam’s Crew having to defend the bar from being smushed.

-Lightbright and Sparkstalker’s Conjunx Endura ceremony.

-Somehow bringing together all the femmes from the G1 crew onto one team for an issue.

-Breakdown calling out Knock Out for weight-shaming.

-Exploring the racial/tribal divides on Eukaris.

-Giving Metroplex an avatar so he could move around the city and meet people like a normal ‘Bot.

-Metroplex goes to Caminus and has to come to terms with the cut-up body of his most treasured companion.

-Tall Tankor and Fat Tankor meet the Micromaster Tankor that turns into a train and they hate him for, like, no reason. He just can’t get into the “tankor clique”.

-Elita One takes over Kaon and builds a militarized city-state that threatens to reignite the war.

-Revealing Windblade and Chromia’s holo-avatars.

-Having everyone from Cybertron be disturbed by Elita One because she is literally the color of energon so it’s like meeting someone painted in blood.

BONUS THINGS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT FAT TANKOR:

-There were two separate occasions where my husband argued that Fat Tankor should die for emotional impact and I just couldn’t kill him.

-I almost took out the name “Fat Tankor” in the final proof of Windblade Vol. 1 because robots can’t be fat and I was nervous, but John Barber insisted I keep it.

Finally,

I want to take a moment and thank you, the readers. You’ve made me stronger, bolder, and better at my craft and the love you have shown this story has been inspiring. I will miss you most of all and I hope you follow me on my next books (because there will be more books) even if they don’t have giant robots.

Be Well,

Mairghread Wild Scott

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "2013 SDCC Hasbro Exclusive: TRANSFORMERS VS GI JOE Jetfire" on EBAY
Buy "2007 SDCC Exclusive Transformers Alternators Ford GT Rodimus MISB" on EBAY
Buy "GI JOE 2013 SDCC JOECON SNAKE EYES!! TRANSFORMERS CROSSOVER!!" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS MEGATRON PIN BY TOM WHALEN MONDO 2019 SDCC COMIC CON EXCLUSIVE" on EBAY
Buy "transformers metroplex sdcc titan class MISB" on EBAY
Buy "POO SHAM; Transformers BotBots 2018, Toilet Troop" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Trailbreaker Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots: Meet High Tide [Passport to Reading]" on EBAY