Full Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #3

Transformers News: Full Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #3

Friday, February 23rd, 2018 4:15PM CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 11,427

The second preview from IDW Publishing for next week's releases comes via the regular Adventures in Poor Taste! website, and features the third issue in the new Hasbro Universe miniseries Transformers vs Visionaries, due out next Wednesday digitally and in print. Check it out below, and join the discussion in the Energon Pub!

The clock is ticking! Leoric finds himself exiled from New Prysmos by Virulina, who Merklynn has named the new leader of all the Visionaries. Can Leoric and his loyalists save Cybertron from being totally changed into a new homeworld for his people? Should they?

Bullet points:
· Variant cover by cover by Brendan Cahill!

Transformers vs. Visionaries #3

Transformers News: Full Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #3

Transformers News: Full Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #3

Transformers News: Full Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #3

Transformers News: Full Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #3

Transformers News: Full Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #3
Credit(s): AIPT
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #3 (1941945)
Posted by primalxconvoy on February 23rd, 2018 @ 4:45pm CST
This defacement of Leoric has gone on quite enough. It's one thing to change his ethnicity, another thing to give him tattoos, but to brand him like a piece of Danish bacon? Have you no shame, IDW?

PicsArt_1519425854288.jpg
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #3 (1941952)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 23rd, 2018 @ 4:57pm CST
I still say that Leoric is one of the best things about this, I hope they keep his design in future. Maybe as a compromise, find him a way to coexist with the original design since that seems to still be a sticking point
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #3 (1941956)
Posted by primalxconvoy on February 23rd, 2018 @ 5:03pm CST
I agree. It's the same with Matt Tracker. If they had found a way to simply acknowledge the originals and introduce the new versions, I'd have no problems whatsoever.

However, I wasn't actually bringing those point up. It's morning here in Japan, and I want BACON!
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #3 (1941958)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 23rd, 2018 @ 5:08pm CST
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #3 (1941960)
Posted by primalxconvoy on February 23rd, 2018 @ 5:13pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:I have a feeling it might be a daft question but don't they sell bacon over there?

Quickly, before the staff sees this,

YES. I've got a whole pack of Costco microwaveable frozen bacon in the freezer. I'm just trying to be healthy. However, that's the best quality bacon I can get for a reasonable price. It's either Costco, wafer thin Japanese ham pretending to be bacon or tiny, expensive slices of deli bacon. It's basically either Japanese, or American bacon. Actually decent REAL, Danish bacon is as rare as finding G1 Swoop in the UK.

Oh, sweet Primus, Zerowolf, here they come! What are we going to do, man? It's only 8 in the morning and I haven't had enough coffee to power my razor sharp wit! Quickly, hide under that flower pot!
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #3 (1941966)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 23rd, 2018 @ 5:29pm CST
That G1 swoop thing was harsh...it's okay we'll just get this back on point, what is IDW going to do with visionaries after this? There's been no word of a standalone for them and with all this talk of a rebout, it almost seems that this crossover is pointless.

...see back on topic and we're in one piece not bad for one of my cunning plans...

EDIT: I hate predictive text :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #3 (1941969)
Posted by primalxconvoy on February 23rd, 2018 @ 5:42pm CST

We've got Titans Return/POTP, Star Wars crossover and Diaclone toys, Zoids and even some Battle Beast vehicles with mini-figs; all these similar toys with similar play patterns of small "pilots" interacting with larger vehicles, robots and playsets. I would have thought that more would have been done to capitalize on this relationship (however unofficial). We could of had MASK vehicles similar to the "Mechtech" toys from the film line, Visionaries vehicles with smaller pilots and clear plastic vehicles (plus the figures could possibly sit inside their animal totems, "piloting" them as a play pattern to emulate turning into them. We could have had larger summoned spell creatures that also allowed the mini figs to "pilot" them too. Not to mention smaller GI-Joe vehicles with pilots, can alongside re-releases or new molds for the Star Wars Action Fleet series (the GI Joe line in a similar size could be called "Action Force", as an Easter egg). Micronaughts and Diaclone could be released, plus actual crossover figures, like a clear blue version of Alpha Trion, with metallic/matte blue details, as a Headmaster version of Leoric, just because.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #3 (1942010)
Posted by Deadput on February 23rd, 2018 @ 9:37pm CST

I almost never say that I hope a character dies but in this case that's what I hope here.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #3 (1942049)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 24th, 2018 @ 3:44am CST
primalxconvoy wrote:Personally, I really think Hasbro and Takara missed the boat, with doing a tie-in toy line with these.

I forgot they were bringing zoids back, that's something else to look forward to :D

I also agree with the other crossover lines, it's weird that they promote crossovers everywhere else but the toylines :-?
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #3 (1942076)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on February 24th, 2018 @ 7:09am CST

Let's also not forget Hasbro also have access to the garish Robotix. They could incorporate those things into this IDWverse too. Strange how they are largely ignoring crossing over Transformers with like minded properties.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #3 (1942091)
Posted by ThunderThruster on February 24th, 2018 @ 9:10am CST
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:Clearly whoever "redesigned" the Visionaries saw Mad Max: Fury Road instead of Medieval Knights, missing the point entirely :roll:

Agreed. It is very jarring.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #3 (1942096)
Posted by ricemazter on February 24th, 2018 @ 9:28am CST
Deadput wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that Virulina is the most hateable character that IDW has made so far? There is just something about her character and the way she is drawn that just makes my blood boil.

I actually kind of like her design as a concept, but it's used for the completely wrong sort of character. Out of all the visionaries, she's the closest to looking like a medieval warrior with a barbarian sort of thing going on with the shaved head and tattoos.

She doesn't act like a barbarian, though, and nothing about her character takes advantage of the design what so ever. She acts like a high and mighty lord, when her look suggests a carousing, over the top sort of person, which would actually be interesting if that sort of person were put in charge of a bunch of nobles.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #3 (1942360)
Posted by Sunstar on February 25th, 2018 @ 11:07am CST

You know what? you are not the only one, I despise her.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #3 (1943136)
Posted by Burn on February 28th, 2018 @ 6:39pm CST
Sometimes you think to yourself, "yeah okay, that was terrible, any follow up can't be worse"

And then you pick up issue 2 of this series, and yeah, it got worse.

"Oh FFS ... okay, fine, surely issue 3 can't be worse again!"

And it wasn't ... though that depends on your perspective. If you like reading Visionaries comics, then you might enjoy this one. If you like reading Transformer comics, then you probably won't enjoy this, given that TF's don't make much of an appearance.

Except ... for poor Waspinator, who may have been spared the fate of Kup, but has now been made into Virulinas bitch.

Yes, once again, Transformers are treated as second rate characters all in an effort to get over a bunch of character that ... does anyone actually care about them?

As far as the story goes, well ... good vs bad, but they're throwing in the moral conundrum of "do we put our species ahead of another?" which of course results in side swapping. "Good" becomes "bad", "bad" becomes "good".

Or does everyone become bad including Autobots who sanction the assassination of Virulina?

If IDW really believe they can use this mini-series as a launching pad for an on-going Visionaries comics, they're going to be sadly disappointed.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #3 (1943182)
Posted by ZeroWolf on March 1st, 2018 @ 2:06am CST
Yeah I can't see a visionaries series doing well, what's more annoying in a way is they are saying it's us or them when they could just ask for help into relocating...but no, the writers have thought of that apparently and decided to make them hate technology with zeal (are they trying to make a comment on extremism?)

I've said it before,they could have added visionaries into the hasbroverse with no problem had they just handled the introduction differently
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #3 (1943184)
Posted by Sunstar on March 1st, 2018 @ 2:30am CST
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #3 (1943189)
Posted by primalxconvoy on March 1st, 2018 @ 2:53am CST
Sunstar wrote:the comic shop laughed when I said that visionaries makes me angry when I asked if they ever had a comic do that to them. They said, "it happens". They understand my hesitation in picking these up.

Why does it make you angry?
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #3 (1943190)
Posted by Burn on March 1st, 2018 @ 3:01am CST
primalxconvoy wrote:

Why does it make you angry?

Have you read these comics?
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #3 (1943192)
Posted by primalxconvoy on March 1st, 2018 @ 3:05am CST
Burn wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:

Why does it make you angry?

Have you read these comics?

I've read some of the stuff that's posted here (and even made a parody of it), but I'm not sure why v others might be angered by it.
Re: Full Preview for IDW Transformers vs Visionaries #3 (1943193)
Posted by Burn on March 1st, 2018 @ 3:17am CST
primalxconvoy wrote:
Burn wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:

Why does it make you angry?

Have you read these comics?

It's an incredibly terrible series that treats Transformers like guest stars, amongst other things.

While I don't personally get angry about them (I read them, vent, move on), I can understand why others do. Feel free to track down electronic versions for yourself and discover the horror.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #213 - How to Say Expensive and Mean It
"How to Say Expensive and Mean It"
Posted: Sunday, December 9th, 2018

Buy "Transformers G2 Motormouth Generation 2 GO-BOTS SEALED ON CARD MOC MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Motormouth Vintage Transformers Generation 2 G2 Go-Bots MOC Figure Car 1994 New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 Mirage Generation 2 GO-BOTS SEALED ON CARD MOC MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS 'SIDESWIPE' SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON TRILOGY" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Deluxe Sideswipe Hound Skytread Cog Set 4" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 OPTIMUS PRIME vintage cab w Roller lot Autobots" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Sixshot     Reformatted Terminus Hexatron     KO Version." on EBAY
Buy "Blue Roller for Optimus Prime Rig Transformers G1 Autobot" on EBAY