Full Preview for Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two, Volume 7

Transformers News: Full Preview for Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two, Volume 7

Tuesday, March 20th, 2018 4:15AM CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 11,290

Out this month from IDW Publishing is the seventh volume in the hardcover IDW Collection of Transformers comics (in the branch known as Phase 2) as we have reached More Than Meets the Eye and Robots in Disguise 28 to 34, after the events of Dark Cybertron and the beginning of Dawn of the Autobots. Check it out below!

Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two, Vol. 7
James Roberts, John Barber (w) • Alex Milne, Andrew Griffith, Atilio Rojo (a) • Marcelo Matere (c)
MEGATRON assumes control of the quest to find the Knights of Cybertron—a quest that has never before been so urgent, so personal, and so likely to end in tears. But the crew of the Lost Light isn't so eager to follow his orders and, as is always the case, past decisions will come back to haunt them. Plus, The AUTOBOTS return to Earth—with OPTIMUS PRIME in command! But what is bringing them back—and what terrifying secret do the humans hold? And GALVATRON is on Earth as well, with a plan to reshape it as he once did with Cybertron. A bold new era begins here! Collects issues #28–34 of More Than Meets The Eye and #28–34 of Robots In Disguise.
HC • FC • $49.99 • 340 pages • 7” x 11” • ISBN: 978-1-68405-149-6

Bullet points:
· Advance solicited for March release!
· The IDW Collection gives completionists every last issue and makes sure beginners have everything they need to get started.

Credit(s): IDW

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Full Preview for Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two, Volume 7 (1947201)
Posted by KVO Prime on March 20th, 2018 @ 4:35am CDT
MY BODY IS READY :michaelbay:
Re: Full Preview for Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two, Volume 7 (1947206)
Posted by Agent 53 on March 20th, 2018 @ 5:55am CDT
Does anyone else think that a red eyed scowling evil looking Megatron is not really appropriate during a time that Megatron is reformed and trying to gain redemption? But still looking forward to this, the IDW continuity was on it's way toward Dark Cybertron by the time I jumped on so these books are a good way to collect large swaths of the story at once.
Re: Full Preview for Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two, Volume 7 (1947436)
Posted by Tresob on March 21st, 2018 @ 3:18pm CDT
What is going on with Megatron's head? Did a bird poop on him? Is that why he is so angry?
Re: Full Preview for Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two, Volume 7 (1949476)
Posted by Va'al on March 31st, 2018 @ 3:28am CDT
Fellow Seibertronian Grimlocktimus has dropped us a note regarding a new pre-order listing on online retailerAmazon.com, for another IDW Publishing Transformers Phase Two Collection volume, due in December 2018.

The book, which currently features no cover art, but expect Marcelo Matere or Sara Pitre Durocher to provide one in the near future, will include More Than Meets the Eye 35-40, Robots in Disguise 35-38, the one-shot Punishment, and the Drift mini-series Empire of Stone. Currently priced at $49.99, you can place an order here!

[quote]Presenting IDW's Transformers comics in recommended reading order, including one-shots, crossovers, and event series! It's everything a beginner could need, everything a diehard could want.

Rodimus leads a team of Autobots into Cybertron's past, pursuing the Decepticon double-agent Brainstorm who plans on killing Orion Pax before he can become Optimus Prime. Meanwhile, on Earth, Prowl is left in command gathering his allies, the Constructicons, to search for the one human he holds a grudge against, Spike Witwicky. Then, Drift returns! After leaving the Autobots in disgrace, he's now alone, on a mission to clean up the darkest depths of the galaxy.

Collects Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye issues #35-40, Transformers: Robots in Disguise issues #35-38, Transformers: Punishment, and Transformers: Drift - Empire of Stone.[/quote]
Re: Full Preview for Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two, Volume 7 (1949795)
Posted by Grimlocktimus on April 1st, 2018 @ 10:31am CDT
Re: Full Preview for Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two, Volume 7 (1949816)
Posted by Va'al on April 1st, 2018 @ 12:55pm CDT
Grimlocktimus wrote:Is it weird to be proud of having submitted news getting featured?... I just live this site and think it's awesome

Thank you for sending the notification through! We always appreciate the help. :D
Re: Full Preview for Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two, Volume 7 (1951117)
Posted by MagicDeath on April 5th, 2018 @ 11:03pm CDT
So... I was going to get the Dinobot, Drift, and Windblade TPB’s instead of these last three (already have Dark Cybertron from way back when I tried IDW the first time), but I’m not entirely sure. Does anyone that’s read these comics have any thoughts or advice?
Re: Full Preview for Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two, Volume 7 (1951146)
Posted by Va'al on April 6th, 2018 @ 2:45am CDT

By those three you mention, do you mean the collected works for each of those characters? If not, there are recent TPB collections that include pretty much all recent stories about all three (and again, I think that's what you're referring to!).
Re: Full Preview for Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two, Volume 7 (1952039)
Posted by MagicDeath on April 10th, 2018 @ 8:29am CDT
Va'al wrote:If your plan is to have a nice, uniform display, the IDW Collection are great volumes for that sort of thing. I'm more of a trade paperback reader, so would personally recommend the TPBs instead.

Yeah, I was referring to the recent/upcoming TPBs. Essentially, I’ve been collecting these big hardcover collections, but I’m considering switching formats to get more of what I like. My question is if there are any good stories in the ongoings that I might like that would make it easier to just continue with the hardcovers.

I know that you’re not really gonna know exactly what I like, but I tend to be on the same boat as the rest of the fandom, if anyone has advice.
Re: Full Preview for Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two, Volume 7 (1952213)
Posted by ScottyP on April 11th, 2018 @ 12:27pm CDT
Re: Full Preview for Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two, Volume 7 (1952269)
Posted by MagicDeath on April 11th, 2018 @ 6:19pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:Looking into my somewhat faulty crystal ball, I expect the Phase 2, Volume 9 hardcover to be Combiner Wars and Sins of the Wreckers, probably with Redemption and the Windblade II #5-7 issues in there as well. If you've been keeping up through Phase 2, vol 7 (may have been mentioned, I was lazy and didn't click back) I don't see reason to get the other character volumes since most of their material is covered at that point - except for one big reason: Time. Probably a year or a bit longer before Vol 9 comes out.

Okay, so the thing is that I haven’t gotten 6 and 7 yet. I already have Dark Cybertron from a while back, so 6 would only be new with Windblade and 7 seems to be story arcs I don’t really care about too much. I also have collected only parts of phase 1 (namely Furman’s stuff, Last Stand, and Chaos) through different mediums, so this wouldn’t throw things off too much. It’s really all about this: Does Dark Cybertron shake up the ongoings too much, and do I need to read them to understand the Redemption stories and Windblade mini-series?
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Strongarm Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 53%
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 30%
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
You save: 30%