Full Preview: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #54

Full Preview: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #54

Friday, June 17th, 2016 3:38pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 26,850

It's here! The final part of the Dying of the Light, the big, bad arc of Transformers: More than Meets the Eye from IDW Publishing via Newsarama. You can check out the full preview below, and head back on Wednesday for a Seibertron.com review - in the meantime, head to the Energon Pub to start speculating.. stuff.

Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye #54
James Roberts (w) • Alex Milne (a & c)
MASSACRE! The battle between the DECEPTICON Justice Division and MEGATRON's AUTOBOTS reaches its nerve-shredding climax. Pray for your favorites—because not everyone makes it out of this issue alive.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Bullet points:
Friends and foes alike are closing in on MEGATRON—what will he do?!
The future of the LOST LIGHT hangs in the balance!
WINDBLADE variant cover by Sara Pitre-Durocher!

Transformers News: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #54 Discussion Thread

Transformers News: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #54 Discussion Thread

Transformers News: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #54 Discussion Thread

Transformers News: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #54 Discussion Thread

Transformers News: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #54 Discussion Thread

Transformers News: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #54 Discussion Thread

Transformers News: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #54 Discussion Thread

Credit(s): IDW, Newsarama

This article was last modified on Friday, June 17th, 2016 3:40pm CDT

Re: Full Preview: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #54 (1798540)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 17th, 2016 @ 3:41pm CDT
Overlord is creepy and sick, Magnus is huge and badass and He can't deal with that now, and Swerve is funny. All is as it should be.
Re: Full Preview: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #54 (1798544)
Posted by BumbleDouche on June 17th, 2016 @ 3:48pm CDT
"As Minimus Ambus, a.k.a Fortress Maximus, dons upgraded armor to become Maximus Ambus..."

Ooops. The editor missed that one lol.
Re: Full Preview: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #54 (1798559)
Posted by Randomhero on June 17th, 2016 @ 4:55pm CDT
Over powered mcguffining to the rescue!!!

Seriously though when I saw Cyclonus get smashed to the ground by Overlord my reaction was "you son of a bitch don't you dare f$@%ing kill Cyclonus off"

I've been a fan of Cyclonus since his reinterpretation back in Revelation
Re: Full Preview: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #54 (1798571)
Posted by Microraptor on June 17th, 2016 @ 5:48pm CDT
Chromedome is WAY stronger than I thought.
Re: Full Preview: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #54 (1798577)
Posted by Deadput on June 17th, 2016 @ 6:07pm CDT
Microraptor wrote:Chromedome is WAY stronger than I thought.

I think it's just the power of LOVE!!!

As well as being pissed off but regardless..
Re: Full Preview: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #54 (1798579)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 17th, 2016 @ 6:13pm CDT
Re: Full Preview: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #54 (1798585)
Posted by Deadput on June 17th, 2016 @ 6:32pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:So... after all this nonsense about EVERYONE'S GONNA DIE, they all just get superpowered and punch all the Decepticons dead. :roll:

Who said that was the case?

They were just discussing the possibility.
Re: Full Preview: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #54 (1798586)
Posted by SG Roadbuster on June 17th, 2016 @ 6:35pm CDT
calling it now. Megatron's gonna be the one to get "traumatized" and give everyone else superpowers.
Re: Full Preview: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #54 (1798588)
Posted by Randomhero on June 17th, 2016 @ 7:00pm CDT
Deadput wrote:

Who said that was the case?

They were just discussing the possibility.

To be fair a lot of the solicites have been about death and people dying and the only characters to die have been Kaon, the Pet and the necrobot, no main characters and covers of characters in extremely dramatic situations that are not in the book so I can kind of understand some frustration. Next month talks about after the battle the ones left standing must deal with it. Honestly I don't think anyone on rodimus's side dies. I'm not going to be surprised if someone dies but to be honest iwon't be shocked if anyone does. If I had to beg anyone for death: velocity, Nautica or Swerve. Don't want any of them to die but I can see it.

Remember issue 29 talking about Megatron being on board and a certain autobot steps up and tells Megatron that he's not wanted with this cover?

Nothing to do with that issue.

Now all that being said I really want a scene reminiscent of Infiltration #6 with Megatron coming out, telling all the cons to leave and never attack anyone again or they die and 90% of them flee and Overlord charges at Megatron only to one punch KO/kill overlord with no effort.
Re: Full Preview: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #54 (1798610)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 17th, 2016 @ 9:43pm CDT
Deadput wrote:Who said that was the case?

They were just discussing the possibility.

Chromedome, Rodimus, and Velocity are all able to send their opponents flying in a single punch -- and friggin' Overlord's like 3 times Chromedome's size. That right there heavily implies they all just got superpowered and now punch all the Decepticons dead.
Re: Full Preview: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #54 (1798611)
Posted by Randomhero on June 17th, 2016 @ 9:47pm CDT
What is drift doing on that second page
Re: Full Preview: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #54 (1798627)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 17th, 2016 @ 10:26pm CDT
^ I've been trying to work that out myself. I think he's just stabbing both swords thru the big guy on his back while standing (well kneeling) on a random bit of debris, which itself exists purely to add in as many vignette's as possible.

Sure looks like he's ripping a boulder out of the ground, though.

Also looks like the Decepticon's shoulder wheels are somehow suppose to be Drift's. Took me a minute to figure that out...
Re: Full Preview: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #54 (1798675)
Posted by Windsweeper on June 18th, 2016 @ 3:37am CDT
I really hope Tailgate dies. Rung and Drift too.
Re: Full Preview: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #54 (1798677)
Posted by Quint on June 18th, 2016 @ 4:15am CDT
Re: Full Preview: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #54 (1798707)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 18th, 2016 @ 8:15am CDT
Quint wrote:It really does look like Ravage is 'presenting' to Rodimus on that cover... and he in turn looks a little disturbed...

That's what I thought when I first saw that cover.

I still detest that Rodimus design. A case of trying too hard to look cool and edgy and appeal to the young 'uns with all the pointy bits.
Re: Full Preview: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #54 (1798709)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on June 18th, 2016 @ 8:25am CDT

Also, if they were trying to copy the iconic Magnus line from TF:TM, it was also screwed up. Maybe they were going for an homage. Whichever the case, there is no "right" in the line. It's "I can't deal with that now."

And yeah, I sure hope they were superpowered by something, because no way in hell Chromedome could do that to Overlord just by himself, no matter how much Roberts wants to shove the Domey/Rewind relationship down our throats.

Speaking of Overlord, I really hope Fortress Maximus shows up to either save the day or just help do it by finally taking out Overlord and killing him for what he did to Max in LSoTW.

Speaking of saving the day, given this preview, is there a chance that Grimlock might make an appearance? I hope so.

Overall, I have stayed away from the individual issues 50-53, just to get the story as a whole. I caught a few bits and pieces along with some of your grumblings about how things are going, but I look forward to reading all 5 issues back-to-back to get the full effect of this supposedly awesome arc.

Can't wait until next week.

P.S. I also hope Rung dies.
Re: Full Preview: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #54 (1798738)
Posted by Randomhero on June 18th, 2016 @ 10:01am CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:So that "Fortress Maximus" bit was a screw-up on someone's part, and the editor missed it. Had me confused for a bit.

Can't wait until next week.

P.S. I also hope Rung dies.

Fort Max won't and can't show up. He and Red Alert don't even know this is going on. They don't receive that message they sent out for 3 weeks.

Rung is probably the safest bot on that whole planet at the moment because the story of his alt mode still hasn't been told.

Why are you predicting if you haven't read the story?
Re: Full Preview: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #54 (1798741)
Posted by Randomhero on June 18th, 2016 @ 10:05am CDT
Re: Full Preview: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #54 (1798772)
Posted by Quint on June 18th, 2016 @ 2:00pm CDT
Dreading the cumbersome exposition that seems to be unfolding here into the very next page. Not sure the preview has done the job it was intended to do, at least for me lulz.

Please don't let this devolve into some deus ex machina nonsense!

Oh how the simplicity and excellence of the so-called 'season 1' seems like a very long time ago.
Re: Full Preview: IDW More Than Meets The Eye #54 (1798789)
Posted by Va'al on June 18th, 2016 @ 4:16pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:I'm guessing va'al is having hard time not joining in the discussion because he already has his review copy :lol:

Three of us regulars have it (me, Scott, D-max), as D-max is writing the review this time!
I'm just quiet as I'm in a spot with limited internet connection. But I have MANY thoughts on this issue.

The preview does a very good job of setting up things that may or may not have been guessed correctly in the thread, but also giving away that superpowered point again. Still - better fuel them fires, right? :michaelbay:

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
"Filler Episode"
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro RICOCHET NIGHTSTICK Transformers G1 TRU Commemorative Series IX MISB" on EBAY
Buy "1987 Vintage G1 Transformers Decepticon Headmaster Snapdragon Krunk" on EBAY
Buy "Scorponok Helmet Mask 1987 Vintage G1 Transformers Fasttrack Antenna Radar" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise Scorponok 1st Run & Fast Track" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Ironworks SEALED War for Cybertron: Earthrise Deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Wingspan Cloudraker Clones Walgreens MISB Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Walgreens Exclusive & Wingspan Cloudraker" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Battle For Cybertron Quintesson Invasion Shockwave Prowl" on EBAY