Full Preview of IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6

Full Preview of IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6

Friday, June 2nd, 2017 3:35pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 12,949

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Courtesy of Newsarama, we have the full preview of next week's IDW Publishing Transformers: Lost Light #6 - the final issue in the first arc for the newly titled series! There are some potential spoilers for those of you who'd rather wait until reading it in full, but otherwise, check it out below!

Transformers: Lost Light #6
James Roberts (w) • Jack Lawrence (a & c)
You know that sinking feeling you get when you witness the destruction of an entire planet? Rodimus and company are about to feel that. Hardcore.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Bullet points:
· Six issues in...the end of Lost Light?!
· OK, not likely. But a lot of people could die now!
· Variant cover by Marcelo Matere!


Transformers News: Full Preview of IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6

Transformers News: Full Preview of IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6

Transformers News: Full Preview of IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6

Transformers News: Full Preview of IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6

Transformers News: Full Preview of IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6

Transformers News: Full Preview of IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6

Transformers News: Full Preview of IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6

Credit(s): Newsarama


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Full Preview of IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 (1886365)
Posted by Ironhidensh on June 2nd, 2017 @ 4:21pm CDT
You know, I had really started to buy into ScottyP's theory of the Rung/Unicron connection. I'm quite disappointed it didn't play out.






So what do you think the Getaway gang (props if you remember them from the 80's) are up to?
Re: Full Preview of IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 (1886368)
Posted by Randomhero on June 2nd, 2017 @ 4:29pm CDT
The idea of Unicron ever appearing destroys the entire religious foundation of IDW: it's belief over fact. Just like our own world, religion is not proven. It's about what you believe in. That's why the thirteen are not the children of primus in IDW, they're just powerful transformers. It's why we've never seen the knights, the guiding hand or primus himself or even the mention of unicorns name.

To have Unicron show up proves primus is real which essentially says God is real and here he is, IDW has spent 12 years avoiding anything primus or Unicron as an actual thing.


As for getaway and the lost light? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Why? Because they literally abandoned Rodimus and everyone two days prior. This series is still taking place 3 weeks behind issue 50 of not RID and 5 months behind the current stories in Optimus prime and Till all are one. Soundwave is still on the space station, Galvatron is still scheming and Optimus has just annexed Earth,
Re: Full Preview of IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 (1886370)
Posted by Kurona on June 2nd, 2017 @ 4:43pm CDT
We're catching up with Getaway and the Lost Light in Issue 10. I kinda hope it involves Mirage's group coming back, First Aid going "what the fuck" and two seconds later Defensor tearing up half the ship.
Re: Full Preview of IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 (1886375)
Posted by Randomhero on June 2nd, 2017 @ 4:54pm CDT
Kurona wrote:We're catching up with Getaway and the Lost Light in Issue 10. I kinda hope it involves Mirage's group coming back, First Aid going "what the ****" and two seconds later Defensor tearing up half the ship.



That doesn't sound like anything James Roberts would do. The more plausible idea would be first aid and everyone showing up. Only first aid talks, everyone else is is just background and they stand around and spend half the issue talking about something that could be sumed up with one page. A lot of sad faces too can't forget the sad faces .
Re: Full Preview of IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 (1886409)
Posted by Ironhidensh on June 2nd, 2017 @ 7:36pm CDT
Kurona wrote:We're catching up with Getaway and the Lost Light in Issue 10. I kinda hope it involves Mirage's group coming back, First Aid going "what the ****" and two seconds later Defensor tearing up half the ship.



I like you, you are good people. When the revolution comes, I'll see to it you are on the protected scrolls.*












*I may have had a but to drink tonight.
Re: Full Preview of IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 (1886590)
Posted by Va'al on June 3rd, 2017 @ 1:34pm CDT
Via Previews World, we have a look at some cover art for not the next, but the issue after that of IDW Transformers: Lost Light! Issue #6 is out next Wednesday - full preview here - and the covers below, by Alex Milne and James Raiz (plus colourists - come ON people) and the main one by Jack Lawrence (plus colours) deal with the aftermath, so looking at them too closely may spoil some of the story in #6. You've been warned!

(W) James Roberts (A) Jack Lawrence (CA) Alex Milne
AFTERMATH! The war with the Functionalists is over-and Rodimus is left wondering whether he won or lost. It's the beginning of a new chapter for the displaced crew of the Lost Light, as decisions are made that will change their lives forever.


Image

Image

Image
Re: Full Preview of IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 (1886607)
Posted by ScottyP on June 3rd, 2017 @ 2:24pm CDT
Oh that Milne cover is excellent (and also how rumors start!)
Re: Full Preview of IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 (1886608)
Posted by ScottyP on June 3rd, 2017 @ 2:37pm CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:You know, I had really started to buy into ScottyP's theory of the Rung/Unicron connection. I'm quite disappointed it didn't play out.
Me too :lol: That is all I can say about that right now.

Randomhero wrote:To have Unicron show up proves primus is real which essentially says God is real and here he is, IDW has spent 12 years avoiding anything primus or Unicron as an actual thing.
I have three points.

1 - Primus: More or less confirmed by the 2012 Annuals, but outside of that, they're clearly going towards the direction of having the 13 be a thing and it is very much looking like it's more-or-less direct from Covenant of Primus, backstory wise. This makes the 13 each a part of Primus. They are his divided self.

2 - Unicron: John Barber is on record (with our podcast) in saying that they almost teased him at the end of Dark Cybertron to go in that direction, they just weren't sure they were yet capable or ready to tell an effective story with him. His phrasing was "Where do you go?", so it's good they recognized they didn't think they had a fleshed out enough plan to move forward on it. I don't think they'll have a single reservation about bringing him in if they think the time is right and they have a good story.

3 - On IDW "avoiding" them: This was a Simon Furman thing at the start of the IDW run and it made complete sense at the time. Unicron was well worn by the shows at that point. However, since Transformers: Cybertron concluded, the only real Unicron material has been in TF: Prime and it was a little taste with the Gaia Unicron stuff (at the very, very beginning of the show, no less!) then some "meh" possession stuff in Beast Hunters. I don't think folks in general are worn out on Unicron/Primus/etc at all anymore, individual exceptions notwithstanding of course.
Re: Full Preview of IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 (1886611)
Posted by Kurona on June 3rd, 2017 @ 2:44pm CDT
I'd probably be immediately apprehensive of it happening as Unicron is one of those things in Transformers I generally don't enjoy the concept of - or, at least, the religion-specific aspects of it - but IDW's post-DOOP stories have earned my trust to the extent I'd be very willing to see where they'd go with it.
Re: Full Preview of IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 (1886616)
Posted by Va'al on June 3rd, 2017 @ 3:06pm CDT
Edited with image I missed, by Lawrence.
Re: Full Preview of IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 (1886623)
Posted by Randomhero on June 3rd, 2017 @ 3:35pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:You know, I had really started to buy into ScottyP's theory of the Rung/Unicron connection. I'm quite disappointed it didn't play out.
Me too :lol: That is all I can say about that right now.

Randomhero wrote:To have Unicron show up proves primus is real which essentially says God is real and here he is, IDW has spent 12 years avoiding anything primus or Unicron as an actual thing.
I have three points.

1 - Primus: More or less confirmed by the 2012 Annuals, but outside of that, they're clearly going towards the direction of having the 13 be a thing and it is very much looking like it's more-or-less direct from Covenant of Primus, backstory wise. This makes the 13 each a part of Primus. They are his divided self.

2 - Unicron: John Barber is on record (with our podcast) in saying that they almost teased him at the end of Dark Cybertron to go in that direction, they just weren't sure they were yet capable or ready to tell an effective story with him. His phrasing was "Where do you go?", so it's good they recognized they didn't think they had a fleshed out enough plan to move forward on it. I don't think they'll have a single reservation about bringing him in if they think the time is right and they have a good story.

3 - On IDW "avoiding" them: This was a Simon Furman thing at the start of the IDW run and it made complete sense at the time. Unicron was well worn by the shows at that point. However, since Transformers: Cybertron concluded, the only real Unicron material has been in TF: Prime and it was a little taste with the Gaia Unicron stuff (at the very, very beginning of the show, no less!) then some "meh" possession stuff in Beast Hunters. I don't think folks in general are worn out on Unicron/Primus/etc at all anymore, individual exceptions notwithstanding of course.


The Annual proved nothing. Thats why there were different point of views from both. Cyclonus's which rewind says "ive never heard this version" there are several and in RID we saw a different one. there was never any proof that Primus existed. Thats why in the RID annual when Metrotitan is revealed Prowl "Theyre not religious icons, theyre just big guys"

Including the thirteen and basing them off the aligned doesnt make them straight children of Primus. In IDW They came after the Guiding Hand and the Knights of Cybertron. theyve based them off their appearance and a little bit of their back stories but not completely. Leige Maximo was killed in the covenant of Primus and hes very much alive. Onyx Prime stayed in Cybertons core and in IDW he bolted with almost all the others. they dont prove Primus exist or at least not yet.

Barber did say that but its not in the book so it doesnt matter. Margarid Scott just revealed everything she planned before TAAO was canceled but it doesnt matter now becuse it wont happen. its like the Matrix. Optimus claims its just a bauble, a piece of technology which it has been shown it is while other religious characters claim it to be Solomus and can create life which it also has. neither is right or wrong its personal interpretation.

It was Furman's thing but they've modified it. Simon Furman didnt want Primus to exist even by name. thats why in Stormbringer he used other names to swear by like Primacron. John decided to modifly the "no primus/no Unicron" when he took on writing and editing. He's included them but based them on real world mentality. you can believe in them but there is no proof.
Re: Full Preview of IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 (1886626)
Posted by Soundwave902 on June 3rd, 2017 @ 3:54pm CDT
Either Magnus is holding Megatron's hand (Please not another love subplot) or Megatron is getting arrested by Magnus on account of the fact he has no cuffs.

Also, the last cover might be spoiling Minimus's death
Re: Full Preview of IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 (1886645)
Posted by ScottyP on June 3rd, 2017 @ 4:25pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:The Annual proved nothing. Thats why there were different point of views from both. Cyclonus's which rewind says "ive never heard this version" there are several and in RID we saw a different one. there was never any proof that Primus existed. Thats why in the RID annual when Metrotitan is revealed Prowl "Theyre not religious icons, theyre just big guys"

Including the thirteen and basing them off the aligned doesnt make them straight children of Primus. In IDW They came after the Guiding Hand and the Knights of Cybertron. theyve based them off their appearance and a little bit of their back stories but not completely. Leige Maximo was killed in the covenant of Primus and hes very much alive. Onyx Prime stayed in Cybertons core and in IDW he bolted with almost all the others. they dont prove Primus exist or at least not yet.

Barber did say that but its not in the book so it doesnt matter. Margarid Scott just revealed everything she planned before TAAO was canceled but it doesnt matter now becuse it wont happen. its like the Matrix. Optimus claims its just a bauble, a piece of technology which it has been shown it is while other religious characters claim it to be Solomus and can create life which it also has. neither is right or wrong its personal interpretation.

It was Furman's thing but they've modified it. Simon Furman didnt want Primus to exist even by name. thats why in Stormbringer he used other names to swear by like Primacron. John decided to modifly the "no primus/no Unicron" when he took on writing and editing. He's included them but based them on real world mentality. you can believe in them but there is no proof.
Fun debate! :)

We can agree to disagree, or place a friendly wager, perhaps :-?
Re: Full Preview of IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 (1886661)
Posted by Randomhero on June 3rd, 2017 @ 5:04pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:
Randomhero wrote:The Annual proved nothing. Thats why there were different point of views from both. Cyclonus's which rewind says "ive never heard this version" there are several and in RID we saw a different one. there was never any proof that Primus existed. Thats why in the RID annual when Metrotitan is revealed Prowl "Theyre not religious icons, theyre just big guys"

Including the thirteen and basing them off the aligned doesnt make them straight children of Primus. In IDW They came after the Guiding Hand and the Knights of Cybertron. theyve based them off their appearance and a little bit of their back stories but not completely. Leige Maximo was killed in the covenant of Primus and hes very much alive. Onyx Prime stayed in Cybertons core and in IDW he bolted with almost all the others. they dont prove Primus exist or at least not yet.

Barber did say that but its not in the book so it doesnt matter. Margarid Scott just revealed everything she planned before TAAO was canceled but it doesnt matter now becuse it wont happen. its like the Matrix. Optimus claims its just a bauble, a piece of technology which it has been shown it is while other religious characters claim it to be Solomus and can create life which it also has. neither is right or wrong its personal interpretation.

It was Furman's thing but they've modified it. Simon Furman didnt want Primus to exist even by name. thats why in Stormbringer he used other names to swear by like Primacron. John decided to modifly the "no primus/no Unicron" when he took on writing and editing. He's included them but based them on real world mentality. you can believe in them but there is no proof.
Fun debate! :)

We can agree to disagree, or place a friendly wager, perhaps :-?


oh god yes! i dont want to make ya think were arguing, not at all. obviously i am very much in favor of the idea of belief over proof. it just feels very grounded and real world and i very much commend IDW John Barber and Simon Furman for making that a thing. Im just still burned out of Unicron. I dont want him in the live action movies, cartoons or comics anymore just because hes that thing of "where do you go after him?' he takes away the threat of Megatron, the decepticons and anyhting else. IMO.

That being said Im getting tired of Optimus acting atheist in IDW and i got quite a chuckle from the Optimus Prime #8 preview that had jetfire swear in primus's name. you know transformers are in a werid place when Optimus is an atheist and Jetfire believes in God. the idea of Jetfire actually believing in Primus is awesome because every version of him has been a stone cold atheist. even the universes where primus has literally appeared before him and him saying "Nope! gods not real" that doesnt make you an atheist, that makes you an idiot. :lol:
Re: Full Preview of IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 (1886669)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on June 3rd, 2017 @ 5:36pm CDT
Soundwave902 wrote:Either Magnus is holding Megatron's hand (Please not another love subplot) or Megatron is getting arrested by Magnus on account of the fact he has no cuffs.
It looks like he's shaking someone's hand with Megatron facing away from them.

As for Primus and Unicron, not only do I hope they appear, I hope we get an extensive backstory on them that elaborates their origins and everything they did before the Transformers even came around. I'm not religious, but I always found this origin story of the Transformers fascinating. Fuck the Quintessons. Of course, it should be written by Barber and not Roberts.
Re: Full Preview of IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 (1886674)
Posted by Soundwave902 on June 3rd, 2017 @ 6:18pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Soundwave902 wrote:Either Magnus is holding Megatron's hand (Please not another love subplot) or Megatron is getting arrested by Magnus on account of the fact he has no cuffs.
It looks like he's shaking someone's hand with Megatron facing away from them.

As for Primus and Unicron, not only do I hope they appear, I hope we get an extensive backstory on them that elaborates their origins and everything they did before the Transformers even came around. I'm not religious, but I always found this origin story of the Transformers fascinating. **** the Quintessons. Of course, it should be written by Barber and not Roberts.


That's Megatron's hand though
Re: Full Preview of IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 (1886678)
Posted by Randomhero on June 3rd, 2017 @ 7:25pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Soundwave902 wrote:Either Magnus is holding Megatron's hand (Please not another love subplot) or Megatron is getting arrested by Magnus on account of the fact he has no cuffs.
It looks like he's shaking someone's hand with Megatron facing away from them.

As for Primus and Unicron, not only do I hope they appear, I hope we get an extensive backstory on them that elaborates their origins and everything they did before the Transformers even came around. I'm not religious, but I always found this origin story of the Transformers fascinating. **** the Quintessons. Of course, it should be written by Barber and not Roberts.



There's already over 25 years of primus and Unicrons backstory. They never really change it. The aligned universe modified it a little to give the thirteen more characterization. If I hadn't to make a guess I'd say Hasbro is pretty tight about keeping Unicron and primus's origins the same because for ten years they were hell bent on making them and the thirteen multi universal beings which just caused more problems when they decided to make alphatrion a prime and creating the shattered glass universe.

John and James at least broke out of the norm when they made primus not Cybertron and having him splinter into 5 other deities but that just created Mortilus who ended up just being a poor mans Unicron and making an excuse to have Unicron in lore without actually using Unicron.
Re: Full Preview of IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 (1886713)
Posted by william-james88 on June 3rd, 2017 @ 10:42pm CDT
For whats it worth, I really felt the annual cemented Primus as being part of this world.

Image
Re: Full Preview of IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 (1886749)
Posted by Kurona on June 4th, 2017 @ 5:28am CDT
Depends on your interpretation. Current IDW does play quite a bit with Atheism vs. Religion and I don't feel it's a mistake that they haven't taken one particular side.
Re: Full Preview of IDW Transformers: Lost Light #6 (1886856)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on June 4th, 2017 @ 2:03pm CDT
Soundwave902 wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Soundwave902 wrote:Either Magnus is holding Megatron's hand (Please not another love subplot) or Megatron is getting arrested by Magnus on account of the fact he has no cuffs.
It looks like he's shaking someone's hand with Megatron facing away from them.

That's Megatron's hand though
Even so, that's a handshake.

As for Primus and Unicron having been around, while that's true, their conflicts haven't been elaborated on, only that Primus created the Transformers to defeat Unicron in G1 and their various appearances in the Unicron Trilogy where they didn't even face each other.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Cutthroat" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Energon Igniters Nitro Bumblebee Action Figure - Included Core Powers Driving Action - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 7-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Terrorcon Blot" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Silverbolt Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Autobot Infinitus and Sentinel Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Decepticon Dragstrip Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
Twincast / Podcast #289:
"No Thanks Given"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "2013 SDCC Hasbro Exclusive: TRANSFORMERS VS GI JOE Jetfire" on EBAY
Buy "2007 SDCC Exclusive Transformers Alternators Ford GT Rodimus MISB" on EBAY
Buy "1:24 Chevy Camaro Bumblebee Transformers Model JADA Diecast Toy Vehicle Gift" on EBAY
Buy "GI JOE 2013 SDCC JOECON SNAKE EYES!! TRANSFORMERS CROSSOVER!!" on EBAY
Buy "Bumblebee First Edition 100% Complete Deluxe Prime Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS MEGATRON PIN BY TOM WHALEN MONDO 2019 SDCC COMIC CON EXCLUSIVE" on EBAY
Buy "transformers metroplex sdcc titan class MISB" on EBAY
Buy "POO SHAM; Transformers BotBots 2018, Toilet Troop" on EBAY