Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 1:51am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 24,647

After the teaser the other day from Takara Tomy Mall directly, fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath has once more shared with us an update on the listing an exclusive Transformers Masterpiece cassettes set, featuring Stripes, Nightstalker, Wing Thing and Enemy now in full colour! Check them out below, and join the discussion in the Energon Pub.

Transformers News: Full Reveal of TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Masterpiece Cassettes Set: Stripes, Nightstalker, Wing Thin

Credit(s): TakaraTomy Mall

Re: Full Reveal of TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Transformers Masterpiece Set: Stripes, Nightstalker, Wing Thing, Enemy (1892618)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 27th, 2017 @ 2:15am CDT
With Nightstalker being a new mold, I think it's safe to assume that MP Broadcast's pack-in cassette will be Steel Joe Steeljaw. ;)

Also, quite interesting that the set has the ID MP15/16-E, derived from the other two cassette sets.
Re: Full Reveal of TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Transformers Masterpiece Set: Stripes, Nightstalker, Wing Thing, Enemy (1892619)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on June 27th, 2017 @ 2:50am CDT
I'm ALL about this! I'm ready.

Wingthing didn't quite end up in the color I was hoping for. But f*** it! AUDICONS!

I'm excited to see how Nightstalker transforms.
Re: Full Reveal of TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Transformers Masterpiece Set: Stripes, Nightstalker, Wing Thing, Enemy (1892622)
Posted by Blackstreak on June 27th, 2017 @ 3:17am CDT
Re: Full Reveal of TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Transformers Masterpiece Set: Stripes, Nightstalker, Wing Thing, Enemy (1892626)
Posted by Rellko on June 27th, 2017 @ 3:56am CDT
Masterpiece Blaster, Masterpiece Blaster... It's got to happen...
Re: Full Reveal of TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Transformers Masterpiece Set: Stripes, Nightstalker, Wing Thing, Enemy (1892627)
Posted by Emerje on June 27th, 2017 @ 4:10am CDT
DecepticonFinishline wrote:AUDICONS!

I've never heard them called "Audicons" before, especially since the two cats are Autobots. Usually they're called Mini-Cassettes or Cassette Warriors (or just cassettes or tapes).

This is an Audi-Con:
;)
Blackstreak wrote:Awesome! How do I order them? I can't read Japanese. Is this the only venue to get them?

They're exclusive to Takara Tomy Mall in Japan, but the TTM exclusives often end up as Asia retail exclusives as well so there's a chance of that happening. Either way we'll certainly see them imported through sites like TFSource and BBTS as well. Of course you could always try using a proxy service and order them directly, but that's not necessarily the cheapest rout.

Emerje
Re: Full Reveal of TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Transformers Masterpiece Set: Stripes, Nightstalker, Wing Thing, Enemy (1892632)
Posted by Windsweeper on June 27th, 2017 @ 5:18am CDT
I like the look of Enemy and Wingthing.

While the colours look good on Stripes, I still think the mold is inferior to Device Label Ravage who could move his jaw, making him more expressive.

I never liked Nightstalker using Steeljaws molds. I always saw him as Ravage's twin and felt he should have shared Ravage's mold.

Re: Full Reveal of TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Transformers Masterpiece Set: Stripes, Nightstalker, Wing Thing, Enemy (1892638)
Posted by dragons on June 27th, 2017 @ 7:09am CDT
Windsweeper wrote:I like the look of Enemy and Wingthing.

Unless I'm thinking about generation one figure of steel thought there was master piece version of that figure
Re: Full Reveal of TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Transformers Masterpiece Set: Stripes, Nightstalker, Wing Thing, Enemy (1892643)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 27th, 2017 @ 7:34am CDT
Stripes looks kinda neat.
Re: Full Reveal of TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Transformers Masterpiece Set: Stripes, Nightstalker, Wing Thing, Enemy (1892646)
Posted by Cobotron on June 27th, 2017 @ 7:50am CDT
HOLY CATS!
Autobot cassettes?! AWESOME!
And a new Mold?! AWESOME!
Re: Full Reveal of TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Transformers Masterpiece Set: Stripes, Nightstalker, Wing Thing, Enemy (1892647)
Posted by Aharown on June 27th, 2017 @ 8:04am CDT
Windsweeper wrote:Anyway else find it interesting that if you translate Enemy's name to Hebrew, we've got a Transformer named Satan?

Actually, Satan means Adversary in Hebrew. Oyeb is the transliterated word for enemy.
Re: Full Reveal of TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Transformers Masterpiece Set: Stripes, Nightstalker, Wing Thing, Enemy (1892649)
Posted by ScottyP on June 27th, 2017 @ 8:46am CDT

Transformers Encore Nightstalker Gallery

Windsweeper wrote:
Or instead of a black repaint of a black toy you could buy a second Ravage and slap an Autobot logo on him ;)^
Re: Full Reveal of TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Transformers Masterpiece Set: Stripes, Nightstalker, Wing Thing, Enemy (1892653)
Posted by galvatron00 on June 27th, 2017 @ 9:28am CDT
WING THING!! I KNOW HIM!! I KNOWWWWWW HIMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

MP Wing Thing forever!!
Re: Full Reveal of TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Transformers Masterpiece Set: Stripes, Nightstalker, Wing Thing, Enemy (1892654)
Posted by kurthy on June 27th, 2017 @ 9:29am CDT
If you ship Frenzy and Enemy, do you get Frenemy?
:lol:
Re: Full Reveal of TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Transformers Masterpiece Set: Stripes, Nightstalker, Wing Thing, Enemy (1892655)
Posted by galvatron00 on June 27th, 2017 @ 9:30am CDT
kurthy wrote:If you ship Frenzy and Enemy, do you get Frenemy?
:lol:

:lol: :lol:
Re: Full Reveal of TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Transformers Masterpiece Set: Stripes, Nightstalker, Wing Thing, Enemy (1892656)
Posted by Cobotron on June 27th, 2017 @ 9:38am CDT
ScottyP wrote:I hope Nightstalker's very weird looking missiles are just a play on that toy using Ravage's missiles instead of Steeljaw's cannons. Steeljaw will need some serious retooling from that to look right.
Just noticing Stripes's hind quarters are retooled. I wonder if they could combine Nightstalker's front half with Stripes's back to get Steeljaw? :-?
Re: Full Reveal of TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Transformers Masterpiece Set: Stripes, Nightstalker, Wing Thing, Enemy (1892657)
Posted by galvatron00 on June 27th, 2017 @ 9:40am CDT
Cobotron wrote:
Hmmm...yeeeessss..
Re: Full Reveal of TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Transformers Masterpiece Set: Stripes, Nightstalker, Wing Thing, Enemy (1892674)
Posted by Desslok2201 on June 27th, 2017 @ 12:23pm CDT
Rellko wrote:Masterpiece Blaster, Masterpiece Blaster... It's got to happen...

More importantly, MP Twincast redeco!!
Re: Full Reveal of TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Transformers Masterpiece Set: Stripes, Nightstalker, Wing Thing, Enemy (1892684)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on June 27th, 2017 @ 1:10pm CDT
Emerje wrote:
DecepticonFinishline wrote:AUDICONS!

This is an Audi-Con:
;)

Emerje

Before I realllly started getting in to collecting, Soundwave and the Cassettes were already my favorites just because of what they were.

So. When I was learning about combiner teams, and how the each had a team name, I self-assigned the cassettes Audicons (audio-cons). Then I realized that the -bots and -cons suffix lined up with their faction. :BANG_HEAD: I came up with "Soundbots" but that just sounds stupid. I ultimately decided that if an entire race of transformers can be called "Mini-cons" and not all be Decepticons, then I would just stick with Audicons as a collective name.

A number of years ago, I was hoping it would catch on. At this point, I am just stuck with the term by habit.
Re: Full Reveal of TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Transformers Masterpiece Set: Stripes, Nightstalker, Wing Thing, Enemy (1892689)
Posted by Mr.MicroMaster on June 27th, 2017 @ 1:25pm CDT
Man those cassettes look great I wish I had the money to get them. :TAKARATOMY:
Re: Full Reveal of TakaraTomy Mall Exclusive Transformers Masterpiece Set: Stripes, Nightstalker, Wing Thing, Enemy (1892690)
Posted by Mr.MicroMaster on June 27th, 2017 @ 1:28pm CDT
Desslok2201 wrote:
Rellko wrote:Masterpiece Blaster, Masterpiece Blaster... It's got to happen...

More importantly, MP Twincast redeco!!

I would buy a masterpiece Blaster aka Broadcast(in Japan) and Twincast in a heartbeat.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "MISB Transformers SCF Tokyo Game Show Battle Damage Set Optimus/Convoy Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premiere Edition Deluxe Cogman 2017  ((NEW))" on EBAY
Buy "1:64 TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME WESTERN STAR 5700 & BARRICADE JADA TOYS DIECAST" on EBAY
Buy "Jada Nano Hollywood Rides Transformers Bumblebee Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Movie 1 27 Deluxe Clunker Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TRA CYBERVERSE Slipstream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 30 Crankcase" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Autobot Ratchet with Grapple Grab New In Box" on EBAY