Full Synopsis for Bumblebee: The Movie

Transformers News: Full Synopsis for Bumblebee: The Movie

Saturday, December 30th, 2017 2:49AM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Press Releases
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 26,025

Courtesy of Paramount pictures, we have a new press release covering next year's live-action movie release in the Transformers universe, the first spin-off and first one without Michael Bay at the helm - Bumblebee: The Movie!

We have full synopsis, a repeat of the image with the Volkswagen car mode that Bumblebee will take in the movie alongside Hailee Steinfeld, and a couple more credits about the production team. Take a look below, and join the discussion in the Energon Pub!

On the run in the year 1987, Bumblebee finds refuge in a junkyard in a small Californian beach town. Charlie (Hailee Steinfeld), on the cusp of turning 18 and trying to find her place in the world, discovers Bumblebee, battle-scarred and broken. When Charlie revives him, she quickly learns this is no ordinary, yellow VW bug.

BUMBLEBEE is produced by “TRANSFORMERS” franchise veterans Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Michael Bay, along with executive producers Steven Spielberg, Brian Goldner and Mark Vahradian. Chris Brigham (“ARGO,” “INCEPTION”) will also executive produce. The screenplay is written by Christina Hodson (“UNFORGETTABLE”).

Directed by Travis Knight (“KUBO AND THE TWO STRINGS,” “CORALINE”), the film stars Hailee Steinfeld (“EDGE OF SEVENTEEN”), Pamela Adlon (“BETTER THINGS,””LOUIE”), John Cena (“DADDY’S HOME 2,” “TRAINWRECK”), Stephen Schneider (Comedy Central’s “BROAD CITY”), Jorge Lendeborg Jr. (“SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING”), Jason Drucker (“DIARY OF A WIMPY KID: THE LONG HAUL”), Kenneth Choi (“AMERICAN CRIME STORY”), Ricardo Hoyos (“DEGRASSI: NEXT CLASS”), Abby Quinn (“LANDLINE,” “THE SISTERHOOD OF THE NIGHT”), Rachel Crow (“DEIDRA & LANEY ROB A TRAIN”), and Grace Dzienny (“ZOO”).

BUMBLEBEE WILL BE RELEASED IN THEATERS NATIONWIDE ON DECEMBER 21, 2018

#BumblebeeMovie

Transformers News: Full Synopsis for Bumblebee: The Movie

Hailee Steinfeld in BUMBLEBEE, from Paramount Pictures.
Photo Credit: Jaimie Trueblood
© 2018 Paramount Pictures. All Rights Reserved. HASBRO, TRANSFORMERS, and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro. © 2018 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.
Credit(s): Paramount
Re: Full Synopsis for Bumblebee: The Movie (1928853)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 30th, 2017 @ 8:16am CST
So this is basically another Herbie movie plot.

Not that I object to that. Just sayin'.
Re: Full Synopsis for Bumblebee: The Movie (1928859)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 30th, 2017 @ 9:16am CST
Re: Full Synopsis for Bumblebee: The Movie (1928860)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 30th, 2017 @ 9:17am CST
Sabrblade wrote:So this is basically another Herbie movie plot.

Not that I object to that. Just sayin'.

TF 2007 was pretty much "Herbie" itself.
Re: Full Synopsis for Bumblebee: The Movie (1928875)
Posted by hausjam on December 30th, 2017 @ 11:50am CST
Bee is jacked up for offroading.
Re: Full Synopsis for Bumblebee: The Movie (1928876)
Posted by zko on December 30th, 2017 @ 12:33pm CST
Im hoping the cast expands and we get the wreckers teaming up with bee, and Seaspray gets the treatment they wanted to give him in Transformers: Prime, where he is a "Batman like character that the decepticons really fear"/"the baddest of the wreckers", Navy SEAL style character, that they mentioned in the beast hunters commentary track.

Maybe we'll get a leader VW bug Bee.
Re: Full Synopsis for Bumblebee: The Movie (1928885)
Posted by Clockwork Animations on December 30th, 2017 @ 1:43pm CST
zko wrote:
Maybe we'll get a leader VW bug Bee.

Oh my gosh! :lol:
Re: Full Synopsis for Bumblebee: The Movie (1928954)
Posted by Qwan on December 30th, 2017 @ 6:19pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:What I'm really exited about is that we may FINALLY have a Movie Bumblebee toy as a VW Beetle! I do hope his head will have the little horns as well. :x

All the sudden, I'm really excited to have a Beetle-Bee to put next to Evasion Mode Optimus. I didn't realize I wanted that til now but boy do I want it.
Re: Full Synopsis for Bumblebee: The Movie (1928956)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 30th, 2017 @ 6:22pm CST
Qwan wrote:

Scout class to make it work perfectly.
Re: Full Synopsis for Bumblebee: The Movie (1928989)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 30th, 2017 @ 10:49pm CST
zko wrote:Im hoping the cast expands
Pretty sure Bee and maybe one Decepticon are gonna be the only Transformers in this movie.

zko wrote:and we get the wreckers
You do know that those guys didn't come to Earth until the late 2000s/early 2010s, right? This movie's set a few decades before that time in the 1980s.
Re: Full Synopsis for Bumblebee: The Movie (1929023)
Posted by kurthy on December 31st, 2017 @ 11:01am CST
zko wrote:... and Seaspray gets the treatment they wanted to give him in Transformers: Prime, where he is a "Batman like character that the decepticons really fear"/"the baddest of the wreckers", Navy SEAL style character, that they mentioned in the beast hunters commentary track.

So seaspray is just depthcharge now?
Re: Full Synopsis for Bumblebee: The Movie (1929167)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 1st, 2018 @ 6:47pm CST
First of all, that is not a full synopsis. It's a teaser.

Second, would it have been too much to just go back to '84 instead of '87? Won't really make a difference, it just would have been nice.

I'm looking forward to the movie. Just keep the teen romance crap to a minimum.
Re: Full Synopsis for Bumblebee: The Movie (1929168)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 1st, 2018 @ 7:10pm CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Just keep the teen romance crap to a minimum.

So, you're dreaming in technicolors?

Re: Full Synopsis for Bumblebee: The Movie (1929295)
Posted by Adimus Prime on January 2nd, 2018 @ 3:49pm CST
That was not a "full synopsis."
Re: Full Synopsis for Bumblebee: The Movie (1929364)
Posted by Va'al on January 3rd, 2018 @ 5:25am CST
That is the fullest synopsis we have been sent.
Re: Full Synopsis for Bumblebee: The Movie (1933236)
Posted by snavej on January 23rd, 2018 @ 11:10am CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:So this is basically another Herbie movie plot.

Not that I object to that. Just sayin'.

TF 2007 was pretty much "Herbie" itself.

'Herbie goes ape-sh1t and trashes parts of the USA with his psycho-robot buddies.' :-x :))
Re: Full Synopsis for Bumblebee: The Movie (1933612)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 25th, 2018 @ 2:28am CST
Va'al wrote:That is the fullest synopsis we have been sent.
It's not a synopsis. It's a teaser. The headline is misleading.

Also, this movie is scheduled to open on the same day as Aquaman. I wonder if either Disney or Paramount will blink and move the release date. If not, it could get interesting.
Re: Full Synopsis for Bumblebee: The Movie (1935017)
Posted by Bronzewolf on January 31st, 2018 @ 12:28pm CST
We have an additional peek into the current state and direction of the upcoming Bumblebee The Movie, thanks to an interview from Billboard magazine! They stopped Hailey Steinfeld, the movie's star, on the red carpet of this year's Grammy's to ask her about her upcoming music and her upcoming Transformers project!

In addition to being an actress, she's a talented musician, with several chart-scaling hits, so obviously one of the questions asked was about if she had any intention to produce music for Bumblebee. She revealed she might be producing some and collaborating with...Bumblebee?!?!

Take a look at the full transcript of the interview below, speculate down in the Energon Pub Forums, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com for any further updates on Bee's budding music career!

[quote]INT: You're working on some new music you told, you told Billboard about some new music that you're working on and how it's going to take kind of a different direction this time around; what can we say about it?

H: Well you know it's funny, I'm, I'm in the process, I mean I've been, I've been working on music for a while, um, and it's funny cause obviously a movie can come up and take me sort of out of the game for two, three months. Um, and so I do feel like, as much as I could say I'm sort of in "album mode" or the "next EP" mode, I'm still experimenting. Uh, and I'm still really figuring out what that sound is and what direction we might call it. So um, I'm working on it.

INT: I like the, that's a good answer. Cause you've had lots of hits already, like over the past four years you keep having hit after hit. So whatever you're doing, it's working. Um, you're going to be an advisor on The Voice this season, um, you're going to be giving great sage advice to a lot of folks. What is a great piece of advice that you yourself have gotten, maybe from another musician in the business?

H: Well I am very lucky, I feel like I've, I've gotten quite a lot of great advice, um, from some amazing people and amazing artists. Uh, but I just think, really just never losing sight of, of who you are and what makes you happy. I think there obviously are a lot of people that are going to have a lot of opinions, um, about who you are, what you do, how you do certain things, how you look. Um, and it's important that regardless, whatever you end up doing is for you.

INT: One last question: You're in the new Bumblebee movie-

H: Yes!

INT: It's coming, I think at the end of this year.

H: Yeah.

INT: Are you going to be singing with the car? I'm just wondering.

H: *Laughs* Uh, there may be a little, uh, plot twist [joking tone] Bumblebee actually may be singing. Um, I do hope the, uh - the movie takes place in the 80's and there are some incredible 80's references in terms of music. So, I'm hoping that maybe uh, y'know, post-production-wise I can jump in on a, on a little something.

INT: 80's covers, perhaps?

H: 80's covers perhaps.

INT: Thank you so much Hailee, have a great night.[/quote]
Re: Full Synopsis for Bumblebee: The Movie (1936934)
Posted by WreckerJack on February 8th, 2018 @ 10:11pm CST
In this quick video, Hailee Steinfeld talks about how excited she is to be a part of the upcoming Bumblebee: The Movie. For those who do not know Hailee Steinfeld's character is a girl named Charlie who discovers Bumblebee near a junkyard. The two develop a connection and team up for adventure. We can tell that she is a fan of Bumblebee as a character and admires the heart that this robot has. We have posted the video below so that you can see for yourself!

If you would like to know more about Hailee Steinfeld we have an interview with her about the soundtrack from Bumblebee: The movie.

Re: Full Synopsis for Bumblebee: The Movie (1937857)
Posted by EunuchRon on February 11th, 2018 @ 8:51pm CST
Well, yeah, I'd say Bumblebee is the most badass Bayverse 'bot. He's kind of the only one from the 2007 flick that hasn't died in some way.
Re: Full Synopsis for Bumblebee: The Movie (1944120)
Posted by WreckerJack on March 5th, 2018 @ 9:22pm CST
Transformers fans and those who are trying to encourage young readers may be interested to know that there are three new book listings on amazon. They are all coming out in November of this year, about a month before Bumblebee: The Movie will be showing in theaters. We will share with you the listings so that you will know what they are like.

Transformers Bumblebee: The Junior Novel (Hardcover)

Product Details:
Hardcover: 144 pages
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (November 20, 2018)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0316419168
ISBN-13: 978-0316419161
Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0316419168/?tag=seibertron07-20

Transformers Bumblebee: The Junior Novel (Paperback)

Product Details:
Age Range: 8 - 12 years
Grade Level: 3 - 7
Paperback: 144 pages
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (November 20, 2018)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0316419192
ISBN-13: 978-0316419192
Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0316419192/?tag=seibertron07-20

Transformers Bumblebee: Reader (Passport to Reading Level 2)

Product Details:
Age Range: 4 - 8 years
Grade Level: Preschool - 3
Series: Passport to Reading Level 2
Paperback: 32 pages
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (November 20, 2018)
Language: English