Fun Pub responds to Henkei TC release

Fun Pub responds to Henkei TC release

Tuesday, May 20th, 2008 1:49pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, People News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 15,408

Pete Sinclair of Fun Publications has made a post regarding the recent news of the Henkei release of classics Thundercracker. In a post on Allspark.com he states:

Honestly, I think both this thread and the one at TFW are pretty tame to what I was reading a year ago. Very tame actually. I haven't really seen one person who has the BC set get upset or be nasty about this. I have seen a couple silly comments that still amaze me to this day "I am so glad I didn't pay $265 for TC" and such... But overall, no worries.

And from our standpoint, no worries again. We appreciate that the Henkei version will be different than the BotCon Classics version. The goal all along was to create a BotCon set that gave people the chance to finish a Seekers set (all at once) from a line that had been cancelled.

Mr. Sinclair was kind enough to provide us with information via an email response. In the email he also stated that this will be the only statement made regarding the release and that there are no issues with Takara Tomy regarding it.

To view the original post, click here.

Credit(s): Pete Sinclair

Re: Fun Pub responds to Henkei TC release (704359)
Posted by Editor on May 20th, 2008 @ 1:51pm CDT
I wish that this will resolve the various issues people seem to have about the release, but I doubt it will.

I just hope I can get a Japanese Thundercracker seeing i wasn't able to get the Botcon set.
Re: Fun Pub responds to Henkei TC release (704377)
Posted by Koloth on May 20th, 2008 @ 2:11pm CDT

I'm just waiting for BBTS to put of the preorder for this one.
Re: Fun Pub responds to Henkei TC release (704389)
Posted by Nekoman on May 20th, 2008 @ 2:27pm CDT
Mr. Sinclair wrote:And from our standpoint, no worries again. We appreciate that the Henkei version will be no different than the BotCon Classics version. The goal all along was to create a BotCon set that wasn’t exactly “exclusive” and give people the chance to finish a Seekers set (at a price much higher than the Henkei versions) from a line that had been cancelled, or so we thought.

Fixed.
Re: Fun Pub responds to Henkei TC release (704407)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on May 20th, 2008 @ 2:51pm CDT
Nekoman wrote:

Fixed.

Dude, don't go changing what he said. That's not cool :?
Re: Fun Pub responds to Henkei TC release (704411)
Posted by First Gen on May 20th, 2008 @ 2:56pm CDT
Pete didn't have to make a statement regarding this. He didn't have to answer my email asking him about it, but he did, and damn quick I might add. We owe him the courtesy to take what he said and accept it as it is.

After all, he's not the reason this is happening. We are.
Re: Fun Pub responds to Henkei TC release (704414)
Posted by Nekoman on May 20th, 2008 @ 3:01pm CDT
First Gen wrote:After all, he's not the reason this is happening. We are.

We are? I never wanted this.

RodimusConvoy13 wrote:
Nekoman wrote:

Fixed.

Dude, don't go changing what he said. That's not cool :?

Hey it was a simple joke, I didn’t mean any harm by it. Although, I wouldn’t say I’m constantly trying to be cool anyway.
Re: Fun Pub responds to Henkei TC release (704419)
Posted by timothyVritchey on May 20th, 2008 @ 3:07pm CDT
i'm gonna try real hard to get TC, but i still wish i had bought the seeker set from botcon, it's not like henkei is releasing the rest of them like at botcon. i just really hope i'm able to get this.
Re: Fun Pub responds to Henkei TC release (704425)
Posted by First Gen on May 20th, 2008 @ 3:14pm CDT
Nekoman wrote:
First Gen wrote:After all, he's not the reason this is happening. We are.

We are? I never wanted this.

When I say 'we', I mean fandom. You already know that though.
Re: Fun Pub responds to Henkei TC release (704433)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on May 20th, 2008 @ 3:22pm CDT
I'll enjoy my Botcon figures no matter what else is released in the world. I got the Botcon experience (including dinner party, concert, dealer room, live movie preview with a theater full of TF fans, etc...). I also made some money back selling some extra sets and met some cool people while I was there.

You can't buy that from Takara.

Unfortunately, I'll never trust the word "exclusive" again.
Re: Fun Pub responds to Henkei TC release (704435)
Posted by Nekoman on May 20th, 2008 @ 3:24pm CDT
First Gen wrote:
Nekoman wrote:
First Gen wrote:After all, he's not the reason this is happening. We are.
We are? I never wanted this.

When I say 'we', I mean fandom. You already know that though.

But aren’t I part of the fandom? If so, shouldn’t I be included in that “we” and not be at fault? Not everyone in the fandom wanted to see this happen.

Oh well though, just a joke, nothing more, nothing less.
Re: Fun Pub responds to Henkei TC release (704442)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on May 20th, 2008 @ 3:33pm CDT
This is all just hysterical to me :grin:
Re: Fun Pub responds to Henkei TC release (704448)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on May 20th, 2008 @ 3:40pm CDT
Nekoman wrote:We are? I never wanted this.

The fact that fandom in general seems to should count for something, right?

I for one could have gotten Skywarp when he was out in the Battle for Autobot City (may still be able to if I wanted it bad enough, actually...), and wouldn't really miss Thundercracker, but if there's still room for me to hope for a Henkei Thrust... Not gonna really hold my breath, but I admit I'd jump at the chance to get it if it happens.
Re: Fun Pub responds to Henkei TC release (704478)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 20th, 2008 @ 4:18pm CDT
Patience and persistence paid off.

I knew Takara would release at least some of the exclusive Seekers. They're kinda fanatical about show accurate toys and figures of characters that were in the show.

For them not to make a Thundercracker, at least, would've driven them insane. They live for this.

It wasn't about destroying the value of the original exclusives, it wasn't about proving TC wrong. It's about getting the stuff to the fans how they want it.

Takara is definitely collector minded and they focus heavily on our likes and dislikes and they do a really nic job of trying to please us.

Do I find a bit of humor in this? Sure, I won't lie. Not at the expense of others though. Just find it funny that I knew Takara would do this.

And to those of you who say we won't see the conehead Seekers...wrong. Maybe not right now, maybe not even in '08, but sooner or later, we'll see Henkei coneheads.

And you know? I find nothing wrong with that. Even though I most likely won't buy 'em (too much money invested in Universe and Animated, especially Animated) but I think it's great that everyone else is finally getting the figure(s) they wanted.

That's the coolest part of all.
Re: Fun Pub responds to Henkei TC release (704500)
Posted by Sledge on May 20th, 2008 @ 4:45pm CDT
Koloth wrote:It will solve one issue at least. Namely the missing TC figure in many peoples collection. But then people will just complain about the missing Trust and Dirge. Though Dirge could be easily rectified as well.

I think the Universe Dirge that's upcoming will do for me. Helps that I want the Roadbuster in that set as well. I might use my WST Thrust to complete the Seekers line up, just for giggles.
Re: Fun Pub responds to Henkei TC release (704506)
Posted by Tekka on May 20th, 2008 @ 4:48pm CDT
Sledge wrote:

What would the story behind that be? The Decepticons stole Perceptor's mass shifting machine from "Microbots" in order to make themselves giants and crush the Autobots underfoot!

Only it went horribly wrong and turned Thrust into a permanent midget! =O
Re: Fun Pub responds to Henkei TC release (704533)
Posted by Sledge on May 20th, 2008 @ 5:18pm CDT
I'm thinking a photocomic story where Megatron is evaluating the seekers in their new bodies. So he checks out Classics Screamer, 'Warp, Ramjet and TC (or Titanium TC), Universe Dirge, then can't find Thrust in his "upgraded" body. Cue much complaining from Thrust.
Re: Fun Pub responds to Henkei TC release (704536)
Posted by Tekka on May 20th, 2008 @ 5:21pm CDT
"But we only had enough materials to build 5 and 1/5th bodies!"
Re: Fun Pub responds to Henkei TC release (704542)
Posted by Sledge on May 20th, 2008 @ 5:27pm CDT
"Look on the bright side: you can look up Arcee's skirt."
"I suppose... wait a minute! We don't wear clothes!"
Re: Fun Pub responds to Henkei TC release (704555)
Posted by Autoclot on May 20th, 2008 @ 5:39pm CDT
Tekka wrote:"But we only had enough materials to build 5 and 1/5th bodies!"

I shall call him... Mini Me...
Re: Fun Pub responds to Henkei TC release (704565)
Posted by Pyrostrata on May 20th, 2008 @ 5:49pm CDT
I heard this tidbit of news this morning and I about dropped the case of beer I had in my hands when I got the call!!! FINALLY I can have my Classics/Henkei TC!!! Not to slight Skywarp and all, since I will score him as well! And people say that the toy people do not listen to the fans! Pshaw and balderdash to them now!!

Pyro is one happy fangirl!! :grin: :DANCE:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Toys Studio Series 59 Deluxe Class Bumblebee Movie Shatter Action" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Generations - Combiner Wars-AUTOBOT HOUND Figure - Sky Reign Piece" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Studio Series 42 - Construction Long Haul Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 38 Optimus Prime Bumblebee Movie Hasbro 2018 MISP!" on EBAY
Buy "SILVERBOLT AERIALBOT TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE GENERATIONS ULTRA CLASS 2008 MISB" on EBAY
Buy "2016 Hasbro Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Laserbeak + Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS ER EX-18 IRONHIDE & PROWL Figure MIB by Takara Tomy" on EBAY