Furman Blog Update: Devastation #5

Furman Blog Update: Devastation #5

Thursday, February 7th, 2008 4:11pm CST

Categories: Comic Book News, People News
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 30,311

Simon Furman has updated his blog once again, this time in relation to Devastation #5.

The Reapers make their move, besieging the Decepticons’ Command Bunker. And when we say Reapers, we don’t just mean the six badass mechs from Spotlight Sixshot, we mean Reapers… ad infinitum. Events set in motion in the aforementioned Spotlight Sixshot come to a head, but perhaps not in the way (or ways) you might have been expecting.

A certain Starscream also makes his move (and let’s face it, he’s been pretty darn immobile since way back in Infiltration #6), and a grudge stretching back to wartime Cybertron (cue flashback!) goes all full blown.

Plus, of course, more Headmasters, more Machination, more Hunter/Sunstreaker, more on the fate of Verity/Jimmy, a fateful decision for Optimus Prime and Skywatch… well, look for options!

Devastation #5 is set for release on the 6th of February (7th in the UK) so should be on your comic book shelves now. Writing is by Furman, and back in the art seat is EJ Su after missing out on Devastation #3 and #4 due to paternity leave.

To read Furman's full blog update, please click here

Credit(s): Simon Furman

Re: Furman Blog Update: Devastation #5 (626037)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on February 7th, 2008 @ 5:18pm CST
I'm still not certain if I like Sunstreaker being a headmaster...
Re: Furman Blog Update: Devastation #5 (626160)
Posted by Dark Ops on February 7th, 2008 @ 8:01pm CST
Re: Furman Blog Update: Devastation #5 (626165)
Posted by First-Aid on February 7th, 2008 @ 8:07pm CST
If only I wasn't so sick...that comic would be in my feverish (literally) palms right now...
Re: Furman Blog Update: Devastation #5 (626168)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on February 7th, 2008 @ 8:09pm CST
Dark Ops wrote:I have a feeling that Sunny won't stay a headmaster much longer. The technology might exist, but he sure as slag won't be using it. I'm sure Ratchet can de-bond him from all the partners once he gets into a properly-equipped medbay and away from the multitude of baddies currently trying to destroy him, his friends, and/or the planet.

I hope you're right.
Re: Furman Blog Update: Devastation #5 (626182)
Posted by Mechabreaker on February 7th, 2008 @ 8:32pm CST
I'm going to have to pick this one up, and soon before it sells out!
Re: Furman Blog Update: Devastation #5 (626200)
Posted by Brakethrough on February 7th, 2008 @ 9:10pm CST
NuclearConvoy wrote:

I hope you're right.

I'd bet on just the opposite, really. There's too much drama potential for when Sideswipe shows up. We aren't really sure yet if Streaker's going to survive at all anyway, since I'm pretty sure that Hunter just picked whatever chassis was lying around at the time.
Re: Furman Blog Update: Devastation #5 (626203)
Posted by skyshadowprimus on February 7th, 2008 @ 9:14pm CST
Thanks to the Chineese new year none of my comic book stores (that i know of) are open here in Singapore....poo i'll have to wait till the weekend or longer!!
Re: Furman Blog Update: Devastation #5 (626208)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on February 7th, 2008 @ 9:21pm CST
Brakethrough wrote:
NuclearConvoy wrote:

I hope you're right.

Most likely you are right, however I still hope for the opposite.
Re: Furman Blog Update: Devastation #5 (626260)
Posted by Pyrostrata on February 7th, 2008 @ 11:05pm CST
I will be in my local comic store in the morning for this one for sure! Just caught up on the rest of this series, and I am DYING to see what happens!!!
Re: Furman Blog Update: Devastation #5 (626382)
Posted by Counterpunch on February 8th, 2008 @ 6:50am CST

Heads

will

roll.
Re: Furman Blog Update: Devastation #5 (626653)
Posted by ponycorn on February 8th, 2008 @ 11:46am CST
Just picked it up and read it last night!

Fellow Starcream fan girls, you won't be disapointed. Fellow Megatron fan girls, he's got the cutest look on his face half the comic.

Did anyone get the Cover B showing Megs and Starscream smiling and side by side in profile? Then the cover for the next issue shows them fighting side by side... but not so much on the smiling.

I was kind of expecting to see the All Hail Megatron ad in this issue, but just the Swear Alligiance was on the back. Maybe in Spotlight Arcee?
Re: Furman Blog Update: Devastation #5 (626676)
Posted by Archanubis on February 8th, 2008 @ 12:24pm CST
Counterpunch wrote:... or something happens to her pretty little mini-skirt, heads will roll at IDW.

Depends on the situation, don't it? ;) :P
Re: Furman Blog Update: Devastation #5 (626686)
Posted by Counterpunch on February 8th, 2008 @ 12:33pm CST
Thunderscream wrote:

Depends on the situation, don't it? ;) :P

You lookin to become a head master ala Sunstreaker bub? :evil:

:wink:

but seriously?

Verity's legs ftw.
Re: Furman Blog Update: Devastation #5 (626691)
Posted by Mechabreaker on February 8th, 2008 @ 12:38pm CST
Counterpunch wrote:If something permenently bad happens to my pretty little Verity or something happens to her pretty little mini-skirt, heads will roll at IDW.

Heads

will

roll.

I know what you mean, Verity is hot, and I was devastated when she was offed along with Jimmy (A bold move by Furman indeed). :-(
Re: Furman Blog Update: Devastation #5 (626741)
Posted by Archanubis on February 8th, 2008 @ 1:41pm CST
Counterpunch wrote:You lookin to become a head master ala Sunstreaker bub? :evil:

(:| What?

Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if Verity and Jimmy were revealed to simply be in shock, and Ratchet declared them "dead" because he's unfamiliar with human physiology. Yeah, he's a medic, but he's a medic for a race of machines. I'm not sure how much knowledge even the Autobots would attain on organic body functions, especially since they were trying to avoid contact with the natives.

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if Furman did off them.

What I'd like to know is 1)Is this the issue Soundwave "wakes up" and 2) Is this Scorponok's revelation issue (he was hinted at in #3)?
Re: Furman Blog Update: Devastation #5 (626779)
Posted by Pyrostrata on February 8th, 2008 @ 2:19pm CST
ponycorn wrote:Just picked it up and read it last night!

I was definitely giddy with fan-girl-ness for Megs with this issue.....Always nice to see Megatron show us he has a sense of humor somewhere in that metal facade of his!

And Starscream's reappearance was not disappointing! :grin:

Devastation #5=100% WIN!!!
Re: Furman Blog Update: Devastation #5 (626809)
Posted by MaP_Prime on February 8th, 2008 @ 2:40pm CST
This issue like every other one of this arc has me wanting more! Starscream is awake and bashing heads, MEgatron and the remaining Decepticons have mobilized for war, and the Autobots are packing up and leaving. Man, Devastation #6 is going to be bad ass and I can't wait for the next continuation. Looks like the war is very much alive.
Re: Furman Blog Update: Devastation #5 (627302)
Posted by Moonbase2 on February 8th, 2008 @ 10:04pm CST
Re: Furman Blog Update: Devastation #5 (627308)
Posted by Pyrostrata on February 8th, 2008 @ 10:15pm CST
Moonbase2 wrote:I have GOT to find a comic book store in my new town! I'm dying here! No Blaster and no this!

I just did that myself....my old store was forever away from my current residence...and I NEEDED some stuff, so I had to locate one out this way...Not easy when you live in The Sticks...but I did! :grin:
Re: Furman Blog Update: Devastation #5 (627331)
Posted by MYoung23 on February 8th, 2008 @ 11:19pm CST
I got it yesterday and what Prime did absolutely shocked me.

There are so many threads going on big and small that I hope it doesnt get too convoluted.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON WFC-S32 BLACKJACK & HYPERDRIVE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Powertrain & Highjump Siege War for Cybertron Micromaster" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC-S44 Siege Battlemasters Singe War for Cybertron Target" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG37 Ravage & Bullhorn Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Battle Core Optimus Prime Action Figure Incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC: Earthrise Micromasters Battle Squad DIRECT-HIT / POWER PUNCH" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations - Starscream, Optimus Prime, Rodimus Prime - NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Masterpiece Convoy Mode Eva MP-10 Optimus Prime Brand" on EBAY