Furman Blog Update: Devastation #6

Furman Blog Update: Devastation #6

Monday, February 25th, 2008 3:40pm CST

Categories: Comic Book News, Press Releases, People News
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 23,887

Simon Furman has once again updated his blog, this time relating to Devastation #6.

Be warned this Blog update contains a large amount of spoilers, both known and unknown:

At last… Galvatron makes his presence well and truly felt in the ‘ongoing.’ Help for the beleaguered Decepticons comes from an unlikely direction as the Reapers threaten to end their (previously covert) occupation of Earth once and for all (which, ironically, would then spell the end for planet Earth). All I’ll say is, it ain’t pretty, and not everyone makes it out alive! Plus, the ‘head’ of the Machination is finally revealed (and if anyone hasn’t got that revelation already, go to the back of the class!).

Hunter/Sunstreaker ‘get it on’ (in a Headmasterly way), Hardhead faces a tough decision, Nightbeat gets a blast of deja vu and a certain Jhiaxus makes his full IDW debut! As some things wrap up (really wrap up!), other stuff (Dead Universe, Dinobots) comes barrelling to the forefront.

Furman has also posted an image of EJ Su's cover, and it too could be described as spoiler-ish.

Devastation #6 will be available in comic shops on Wednesday 27th of February in the USA, and a day later for most other markets. Story is by Simon Furman, with EJ Su on art duties.

To check out the FUll Furman Blog update, and EJ Su's cover, please click here.

Credit(s): Simon Furman

Re: Furman Blog Update: Devastation #6 (641161)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on February 25th, 2008 @ 4:19pm CST
That cover is 100% pure Grade-A WIN! :grin:

Waiting till Wendsday's gonna be hell...
Re: Furman Blog Update: Devastation #6 (641180)
Posted by ponycorn on February 25th, 2008 @ 4:30pm CST
I like the other #6 cover better, that was in Devastation #5 with Megatron and Starscream. I need to make sure my shop gets me that one.
Re: Furman Blog Update: Devastation #6 (641223)
Posted by Firebird on February 25th, 2008 @ 5:13pm CST
I don't know what is worse,

Waiting untill wednesday to get issue 6

Or reading issue 6 then waiting for the next story ark after the cliffhanger we are going to get...
Re: Furman Blog Update: Devastation #6 (641228)
Posted by steve2275 on February 25th, 2008 @ 5:17pm CST
I got 3 more days =P~
Re: Furman Blog Update: Devastation #6 (641245)
Posted by ponycorn on February 25th, 2008 @ 5:29pm CST
It's supposed to be out this Wednesday? I'll have to make sure my shop got it. I don't see it on their expected shipping list.

*omgpanick*
Re: Furman Blog Update: Devastation #6 (641320)
Posted by First-Aid on February 25th, 2008 @ 6:11pm CST
Re: Furman Blog Update: Devastation #6 (641364)
Posted by Lord Unicron on February 25th, 2008 @ 6:27pm CST
First-Aid wrote:Is the ongoing starting up next month, immediately after this one is done? Or do we have to wait again?

The ongoing is these 6 issue mini series stories. I didn't see anything listed for May so I'd say maybe June would be the next one. But we have All Hail Megatron coming soon. And a few Spotlights before then. You know I haven't heard much about what TFS Mirage is going to be about.
Re: Furman Blog Update: Devastation #6 (641520)
Posted by i_amtrunks on February 25th, 2008 @ 8:02pm CST
Lord Unicron wrote:The ongoing is these 6 issue mini series stories. I didn't see anything listed for May so I'd say maybe June would be the next one.

I'm thinking more around August September 2008 for Revelation #1.

Lord Unicron wrote:But we have All Hail Megatron coming soon. And a few Spotlights before then.

All Hail will take a few months, as well as the Post Movie "Reign of Starscream" series and the Spotlights will help fill out the Summer months.

Lord Unicron wrote:You know I haven't heard much about what TFS Mirage is going to be about.

Alternate Universe story. Mirage gets sucked into a alternate Universe where he is a Decepticon.
Re: Furman Blog Update: Devastation #6 (641830)
Posted by Tigertrack on February 26th, 2008 @ 9:48am CST

:-?
Re: Furman Blog Update: Devastation #6 (642071)
Posted by i_amtrunks on February 26th, 2008 @ 4:12pm CST
tigertracks 24 wrote:Wow, I cannot wait to read #6... It sounds like it is going to be awesome! What is the next series called? -tion?

:-?

I think technically the next series is "All Hail Megatron".

Afterwards I think it was "Revelation", but I could be wrong and Revelation could be the series after the next "-tion" series.
Re: Furman Blog Update: Devastation #6 (642188)
Posted by Tigertrack on February 26th, 2008 @ 6:58pm CST
i_amtrunks wrote:

:-?

I think technically the next series is "All Hail Megatron".

Revelation sounds familiar. Thanks! :D
Re: Furman Blog Update: Devastation #6 (642307)
Posted by Lord Unicron on February 26th, 2008 @ 9:05pm CST
i_amtrunks wrote:

I'm thinking more around August September 2008 for Revelation #1.

Oh wow that's awhile off. But it'll be worth the wait.

All Hail will take a few months

Thats what I was thinking

Oh wow I had not heard that, I'm looking forward to it
Re: Furman Blog Update: Devastation #6 (642375)
Posted by MYoung23 on February 26th, 2008 @ 11:11pm CST
Re: Furman Blog Update: Devastation #6 (642380)
Posted by i_amtrunks on February 26th, 2008 @ 11:36pm CST
MYoung23 wrote:Who thinks Hardhead's tough decision is whether to become Jimmy's Headmaster to save him from brain damage?

Since Bumblebee would probably happily offer to take part in the process, I can see Hardhead needing to think it out. It means that Hunter will have to contact the Autobots to let them know the technology and process is possible.

I dont know if it'll happen in #6, but will be brought up the next series or so.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer Set- Blurr, Boulder, Chase" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Commander Class Megatron Figure Sealed AA173" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON WFC-S32 BLACKJACK & HYPERDRIVE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Powertrain & Highjump Siege War for Cybertron Micromaster" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Commander Class Optimus Prime Figure Sealed Z943" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC-S44 Siege Battlemasters Singe War for Cybertron Target" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG37 Ravage & Bullhorn Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Battle Core Optimus Prime Action Figure Incomplete" on EBAY