Furman Update on Transformers Devastation #2

Furman Update on Transformers Devastation #2

Monday, May 28th, 2007 2:15pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, People News
Posted by: Hotrod   Views: 17,964

Once again Simon Furman has updated his blog. In this latest entry Furman talks about the upcoming IDW story line Transformers Devastation #2. Here is what Furman posted:

"Finally, my post-script digressions on Transformers Devastation #2 (first promised a few weeks back I know!). My excuse is, having trailered Devastation as a whole, I wanted a bit of breathing space before I launched into issue #2. As always, these will be teasers, not spoilers. Let’s start by talking heads… disembodied ones and Headmasters. There are two main story strands in issue #2 (though inevitably other sub-plots simmer onwards as well). One is Sixshot and his opening salvo, aimed directly at Earth’s Autobot Tactical Response Unit (actually, that happens in issue #1, but the fallout—literally—spreads onwards into issue #2). Not known for his subtlety, Sixshot is pretty much going to blow things wide open (again, literally!) in the saga as a whole. Then there’s Hot Rod and Wheeljack, who are off on their own mission (those of whom have wondered about the fate of Ironhide from Escalation #6, all will be revealed), one with a truly ‘crushing’ deadline, and end up being targeted by the Machination. Yes, it’s the full debut of the IDW-verse Headmasters. As always, expect dramatic differences from the Headmasters of yore. All this Headmaster-y stuff also feeds into further revelations on the fate of both Hunter and Sunstreaker. Now, when I mentioned disembodied heads, you thought I might finally spill the beans on who the Machination’s ‘head’ really is. Wrong. Different disembodied head. Boy, am I a tease! Oh, I’ll be back soon with another script (w)rap on Beast Wars The Ascending #2 (soon!)."

Credit(s): Simon Furman

Re: Furman Update on Transformers Devastation #2 (139430)
Posted by Stormwolf on May 28th, 2007 @ 2:41pm CDT
Sounds interesting. It seems that Furman is getting over his anti gimmick fobia and started to write good backstories for them.

Re: Furman Update on Transformers Devastation #2 (139478)
Posted by Tigertrack on May 28th, 2007 @ 3:33pm CDT
Well, it sounds interesting, and perhaps the theory presented about Hunter being Sunstreaker's new head is accurate...
Re: Furman Update on Transformers Devastation #2 (139481)
Posted by Repugnus on May 28th, 2007 @ 3:38pm CDT
Simon Furman wrote:Now, when I mentioned disembodied heads, you thought I might finally spill the beans on who the Machination’s ‘head’ really is. Wrong. Different disembodied head. Boy, am I a tease!

Isn't the Machination's "head" supposed to be Galvatron? I thought I remembered either Furman or Ryall hinting at a Galvatron cameo toward the end of Escalation, and the disembodied head talking to Dante was the only real possibility.
Re: Furman Update on Transformers Devastation #2 (139522)
Posted by Dclone Soundwave on May 28th, 2007 @ 4:31pm CDT
I just want someone from the Machination to go see Soundwave in that Pawn Shop & pick him up. He hasn't been waiting in transformation lock for 20 years for nothing. And since Ravage & Laserbeak are back online, they need someone to keep them in cassette mode.................this will be good.
Re: Furman Update on Transformers Devastation #2 (139626)
Posted by Bass X0 on May 28th, 2007 @ 6:01pm CDT
Re: Furman Update on Transformers Devastation #2 (139687)
Posted by i_amtrunks on May 28th, 2007 @ 6:46pm CDT
He tells you such minute amounts of information , yet still enough to get you interested. So torturous!

Really looking forward to Devastation, kind of annoyed all the movie junk is getting in the way.
Re: Furman Update on Transformers Devastation #2 (139866)
Posted by Roboto750 on May 28th, 2007 @ 8:51pm CDT
I have a couple of theories about who that "head" might be. Though, I'll keep them to myself for now....
Re: Furman Update on Transformers Devastation #2 (139882)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on May 28th, 2007 @ 9:01pm CDT
Why don't the show people higher this guy?

Granted I hate the "Alternate Reality" excuse that he uses alot, but in my collections fiction I blame alot of things on BW Megatron's time tampering, which is pretty much the same.

But beyond that this guys stuff is great and I'd watch a show based on these writings!
Re: Furman Update on Transformers Devastation #2 (140148)
Posted by Leonardo on May 29th, 2007 @ 3:26am CDT
I would too. I think the head is either Scorponok or Nemesis Prime, though. They're the only two I can think of with the same shape 'horns' or 'antlers' as the Machination's disembodied head.

BassX0 wrote:Everyone thinks the disembodied head is Scorponok's. Now I am not so sure. Look at the outside of the building on Nebulos in Ultra Magnus' Spotlight then at the Machination's building. Very similar in design.

Wouldn't that lend further credence to the notion that it is Scorponok?
Re: Furman Update on Transformers Devastation #2 (142537)
Posted by steve2275 on May 30th, 2007 @ 10:07pm CDT
Decepticlone Soundwave wrote:I just want someone from the Machination to go see Soundwave in that Pawn Shop & pick him up.
maybe that one kid did

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #288 - Filler Episode
"Filler Episode"
Posted: Sunday, November 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Beast Hunter Optimus Prime Sealed, Brand New!" on EBAY
Buy "1986 ChromeDome Headmaster Transformers Action Figure G1 with box, instructions." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct Bots Wheel Jack and Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO KINGDOM * RHINOX * TRANSFORMERS WAR FOR CYBERTRON VOYAGER CLASS!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Skullsmasher & Grax Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Highbrow Complete Deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers kingdom war for cybertron trilogy Rodimus prime  -BOX ONLY-" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage GO BOTS ROAD RANGER OPTIMUS PRIME Bandai 1983 TRANSFORMERS" on EBAY