Furman Update on UK Transformers Issue 4 and IDW

Furman Update on UK Transformers Issue 4 and IDW

Monday, May 14th, 2007 6:44pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, People News
Posted by: Hotrod   Views: 14,862

Once again Simon Furman has updated his blog. In his latest entry Furman talks about the soon to be released UK Transformers Issue 4 and gives us some bits of information on what we can expect to see in the IDW comics. First Furman reveals that Issue #4 of the UK Transformers, featuring Devastator, will be drawn by Don Figueroa.

That means we know now who the artist for the first four issues are:
Geoff Senior Issue 1 Optimus Prime
Nick Roche Issue 2 Megatron
Andrew Wildman Issue 3 Ratchet
Don Figueroa Issue 4 Devastator

Artist Dougie Braithwaite and Guido Guidi are in the frame for other issues.

Now for some information about IDW's series. Simon revealed:
"reveal that while there will indeed be IDW Headmasters, it’s more character multiples than multiple characters (at least to start with). Might have also mentioned that while there will be no Unicron in the Infiltration/Escalation/Devastation (and so on) storyline, there might, possibly, be a passing mention of the planet-devourer in Beast Wars!!"

Credit(s): Simon Furman

Re: Furman Update on UK Transformers Issue 4 and IDW (121411)
Posted by i_amtrunks on May 14th, 2007 @ 6:58pm CDT

Id like to see how Unicron fits in amongst the Beast Wars timeline, seeing as he was part of the Beast Wars timelines past (or is it future? ;p) which is now completely sundered and separate from the IDW Furmanverse.
Re: Furman Update on UK Transformers Issue 4 and IDW (121415)
Posted by Roboto750 on May 14th, 2007 @ 7:05pm CDT
I like that Furman is approaching the G1 comic in an original fashion, but it just seems like things are being changed just for the sake of changing them. Yes, it works, and I enjoy reading the books, but I have to say that I like how things were done in the past a bit better.

The first Beast Wars book totally rocked, so I can't wait for the sequel! :grin:
Re: Furman Update on UK Transformers Issue 4 and IDW (121467)
Posted by Nemesis_Apoc on May 14th, 2007 @ 7:57pm CDT
are those UK exclusive comics he's talking about?
Re: Furman Update on UK Transformers Issue 4 and IDW (121469)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on May 14th, 2007 @ 7:59pm CDT
i_amtrunks wrote:I hope there is away to get those UK shipped out to the Commonwealth States, Hell Id vote to stay in the Monarchy just to get the comics!

I'm just curious as to the termonology as I haven't heard it before and like the way it sounds.
Re: Furman Update on UK Transformers Issue 4 and IDW (121761)
Posted by Leonardo on May 15th, 2007 @ 3:00am CDT
I can't wait to see what these UK TF books are like.
Re: Furman Update on UK Transformers Issue 4 and IDW (121806)
Posted by Kayevcee on May 15th, 2007 @ 3:44am CDT

-Nick
Re: Furman Update on UK Transformers Issue 4 and IDW (121842)
Posted by Bass X0 on May 15th, 2007 @ 5:18am CDT
===That means we know now who the artist for the first four issues are:
Geoff Senior Issue 1 Optimus Prime
Nick Roche Issue 2 Megatron
Andrew Wildman Issue 3 Ratchet
Don Figueroa Issue 4 Devastator===

I don't get what this means - will each issue focus on the individual character each with a different artist or is the character stated on the cover of the issue?
Re: Furman Update on UK Transformers Issue 4 and IDW (121844)
Posted by Leonardo on May 15th, 2007 @ 5:20am CDT
Bass X0 wrote:===That means we know now who the artist for the first four issues are:
Geoff Senior Issue 1 Optimus Prime
Nick Roche Issue 2 Megatron
Andrew Wildman Issue 3 Ratchet
Don Figueroa Issue 4 Devastator===

For the first few issues, each issue is going to focus on a specific character, similar to IDW's spotlights. I believe Steve White described them as "small vignettes". Until now, the only one I knew about was Devastator, though the other three are, admittedly, obvious choices.
Re: Furman Update on UK Transformers Issue 4 and IDW (122145)
Posted by Insurgent on May 15th, 2007 @ 10:40am CDT
Leonardo wrote:
Geoff Senior Issue 1 Optimus Prime
Nick Roche Issue 2 Megatron
Andrew Wildman Issue 3 Ratchet
Don Figueroa Issue 4 Devastator===

If they are spotlights, I think I'll get the IDW spotlights for Megs and Prime. But I may pick up Devastators, I love that big brute.
Re: Furman Update on UK Transformers Issue 4 and IDW (122175)
Posted by Ramrider on May 15th, 2007 @ 10:55am CDT
Liege Evilmus wrote:Sorry, but I mean no offense here and just have to ask. "Commonwealth States" is that a European thing of a reference to the USA?

The Commonwealth refers to those countries over whom the Queen of England reigns, including (but by no means limited to) Australia (where Trunks lives), and (as long as it hasn't changed behind my back) Canada. They still have their own governments, but they're monarchies under our Queen.
Re: Furman Update on UK Transformers Issue 4 and IDW (122278)
Posted by Leonardo on May 15th, 2007 @ 12:54pm CDT
Insurgent wrote:
Leonardo wrote:
Geoff Senior Issue 1 Optimus Prime
Nick Roche Issue 2 Megatron
Andrew Wildman Issue 3 Ratchet
Don Figueroa Issue 4 Devastator===

I think the Titan ones will differ greatly from the IDW ones as I believe Titan are following the movie continuity, so what they'll do with Devastator is anybody's guess!
Re: Furman Update on UK Transformers Issue 4 and IDW (122431)
Posted by Windsweeper on May 15th, 2007 @ 3:29pm CDT
When is issue 1 coming out?
Re: Furman Update on UK Transformers Issue 4 and IDW (122791)
Posted by lightsyder on May 15th, 2007 @ 9:46pm CDT
Kayevcee wrote:The comic will be coming out on UK newsstands, but subscriptions will be available for them to be delivered by post anywhere in the world. Steve White, the editor, was very clear about this.

-Nick

Where does one subscribe to this? Or is that option not available yet?
Re: Furman Update on UK Transformers Issue 4 and IDW (123366)
Posted by Insurgent on May 16th, 2007 @ 10:36am CDT
Leonardo wrote:
Insurgent wrote:
Leonardo wrote:
Geoff Senior Issue 1 Optimus Prime
Nick Roche Issue 2 Megatron
Andrew Wildman Issue 3 Ratchet
Don Figueroa Issue 4 Devastator===

Oh. I thought they were G1. I don't think I'll bother then and wait for Dev to make his IDW appearance.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers: Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures - Repugnus Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series KSI Boss Age of Extinction" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Studio Series 43 Voyager Class KSI Boss" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Studio Series 03 Deluxe Crowbar" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots MORBOT Race Car Grey Purple" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Dark of the Moon DOTM Lot - JOLT- CRANKCASE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Deluxe WFC-GS21 Decepticon Sandstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Galactic Odyssey Biosfera Autobot Clones MISB" on EBAY