Fusion Cannon Details for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-36 Megatron

Tuesday, November 22nd, 2016 9:13am CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 26,587

Fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath has alerted us to the Loopaza Mega Store Facebook page - as reported in this other news story - as their Figure King scans bring us a detail concerning Takara Tomy Transformers MP36 Megatron, and specifically, the fusion cannon: no lights, sounds only! Check out more info and the image below.

There is also a notice that the last month coverage about MP36 Megatron have some error. The Fusion Cannon DO NOT have any light gimmick but sounds only. There is 3 patterns and about 9 different type of sound effect with the Fusion Cannon including transforming sounds, the class speech lines and the Fusion Cannon sounds etc.

Transformers News: Fusion Cannon Details for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-36 Megatron

Credit(s): Loopaza Toy Store

Re: Fusion Cannon Details for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-36 Megatron (1842695)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on November 22nd, 2016 @ 9:15am CST
well third parties are immediatly better in the light regard
Re: Fusion Cannon Details for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-36 Megatron (1842702)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 22nd, 2016 @ 9:45am CST
A talking cannon. Now Megatron can literally converse with his arm-mounted weapon. :P

Alternatively:

A talking cannon. Now Megatron has his own mode-locked Targetmaster! :P
Re: Fusion Cannon Details for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-36 Megatron (1842703)
Posted by Alpha Dominus on November 22nd, 2016 @ 9:49am CST
Re: Fusion Cannon Details for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-36 Megatron (1842711)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 22nd, 2016 @ 10:16am CST
Sound effects, voice clips but no lights. Acceptable.
Re: Fusion Cannon Details for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-36 Megatron (1842714)
Posted by Ravage XK on November 22nd, 2016 @ 10:18am CST
I'm guessing any speech won't be from the English cartoon.
Re: Fusion Cannon Details for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-36 Megatron (1842716)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 22nd, 2016 @ 10:20am CST
Ravage XK wrote:I'm guessing any speech won't be from the English cartoon.

100% "ie". That is not a speculation :lol:
Re: Fusion Cannon Details for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-36 Megatron (1842718)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 22nd, 2016 @ 10:23am CST
fenrir72 wrote:
Ravage XK wrote:I'm guessing any speech won't be from the English cartoon.

100% "ie". That is not a speculation :lol:
Although, with Seizō Katō having passed away back in 2014, the voice clips will probably be recycled from preexisting sources rather than newly-recorded lines.
Re: Fusion Cannon Details for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-36 Megatron (1842726)
Posted by Cyberpath on November 22nd, 2016 @ 10:56am CST
I don't like it. Seems cheesy to me. And everyone has a computer or a smartphone to play sounds. If Takara must put a gimmick in the fusion cannon I prefer lights. At least it has a photographic value. (And is kind of fun.)

It doesn't seem to interfere with the look of the figure though.

Also, I hope that the placement of the gun barrel on his back isn't off because of another unnecessary gimmick.

Figure's looks > gimmicks.
Re: Fusion Cannon Details for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-36 Megatron (1842753)
Posted by william-james88 on November 22nd, 2016 @ 1:16pm CST
Alpha Dominus wrote:Oh that's cool. While I don't expect to get this awesome figure for free, I was wondering what that crazy price tag was about.

But Prime is the same price tag and he doesnt have any electronics. I dont think its related. Its just a price point figures of that class share.
Re: Fusion Cannon Details for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-36 Megatron (1842765)
Posted by Emerje on November 22nd, 2016 @ 2:16pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

Megatron (24,840 JPY) costs more than Optimus (23,760 JPY), most likely because of the electronics. Just look at what electronics did to Shockwave's price, he's a pretty simple MP, but costs way more than similar sized figures.

Shockwave - 18,144 JPY
Coronation Starscream reissue - 14,040 JPY
Soundwave reissue - 17,064 JPY
Ironhide - 10,800 JPY
Inferno - 15,120 JPY
Optimus Primal - 12,960 JPY

As you can see they also don't really adhere to price points either.

Emerje
Re: Fusion Cannon Details for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-36 Megatron (1842779)
Posted by william-james88 on November 22nd, 2016 @ 4:09pm CST
But can we really assume its electronics and not the parts count? Also, I still find that Shockwave price quite high. As you already assessed, I keep being really surprised electronics cost that much.
Re: Fusion Cannon Details for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-36 Megatron (1842795)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 22nd, 2016 @ 7:02pm CST
fenrir72 wrote:
Ravage XK wrote:I'm guessing any speech won't be from the English cartoon.

100% "ie". That is not a speculation :lol:

Those releases with voice clips like Fortmax and G1 Glvatron., those were voice clips from the original show and not new lines.

Hell would probably freeze over first if Takara would use Frank Welker's voice clips (though selling one as an exclusive in Japan would be every JP or English speaking G1 fan's wet dream!
Re: Fusion Cannon Details for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-36 Megatron (1842799)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 22nd, 2016 @ 7:52pm CST
fenrir72 wrote:
Ravage XK wrote:I'm guessing any speech won't be from the English cartoon.

100% "ie". That is not a speculation :lol:

What about other Takara toys with voice clips? Like the old purple reissue of G1 Galvatron, or the Galvatron II toy? Or the two giant-sized Adventure Optimus toys?
Re: Fusion Cannon Details for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-36 Megatron (1842827)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 22nd, 2016 @ 10:22pm CST
fenrir72 wrote:
Ravage XK wrote:I'm guessing any speech won't be from the English cartoon.

100% "ie". That is not a speculation :lol:

The G1 Galvatron toy I mentioned, I meant the purple people eater version. The original 1986 ver just has those peew peew sounds. TL Fortress, I know those voice clips are canned from the original show, same with the TAV ( though for that I can only attest to the 1st bell bottom version which I own ).
Re: Fusion Cannon Details for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-36 Megatron (1842830)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 22nd, 2016 @ 10:32pm CST
fenrir72 wrote:
Ravage XK wrote:I'm guessing any speech won't be from the English cartoon.

100% "ie". That is not a speculation :lol:

What about the sound clips from something as far back as Super Fire Convoy and God Magnus from the Car Robots toyline?

Or wait, what about the Kenzan, Gekisoumaru, and Optimus ExPrime toys' clips from the Go! line? Didn't that Optimus toy come out before he appeared in that form in that cartoon?
Re: Fusion Cannon Details for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-36 Megatron (1842834)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 22nd, 2016 @ 11:12pm CST
fenrir72 wrote:
Ravage XK wrote:I'm guessing any speech won't be from the English cartoon.

100% "ie". That is not a speculation :lol:

The cartoon is part/extension of the product advertisement. So it's not surprising that the product will incorporate some aspects of the show i.e the voice/S.E. gimmicks. Far back in 1987/88, Masterforce packaging used a lot of animation images in their packaging..........again, an extension of the advertisement of the product.

So what's the issue you are positing? then? Newly recorded sound clips or canned archived sound clips from the show?
Re: Fusion Cannon Details for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-36 Megatron (1842837)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 22nd, 2016 @ 11:27pm CST
fenrir72 wrote:
Ravage XK wrote:I'm guessing any speech won't be from the English cartoon.

100% "ie". That is not a speculation :lol:

I'm asking if Takara has ever released any TF toy whose clips were recorded specifically for the toy either before or instead of for the toy's corresponding cartoon.
Re: Fusion Cannon Details for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-36 Megatron (1842838)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 22nd, 2016 @ 11:29pm CST
Nerdgasm/wetdream if ever Takara considers incorporating Frank Welker's voice clips for MP-36:

"I would have waited an eternity for this"

"Its over Prime"

"I belong to nobody!"

"Decepticons.Scramble!"

"You're an idiot Starscream"

"You full Starscream!"

"Why throw away your life so recklessly Optimus Prime"

That line he said in Sherman Dam when he used that energon morning star of his. :x
Re: Fusion Cannon Details for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-36 Megatron (1842840)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 22nd, 2016 @ 11:49pm CST
fenrir72 wrote:
Ravage XK wrote:I'm guessing any speech won't be from the English cartoon.

100% "ie". That is not a speculation :lol:

If that's the case, I cannot speak for Beastwars or HB versions of voice clip capable releases as my collection of them won't run way beyond my 8 fingers (thumbs not included 8-} ) So for G1, you can technically say the G1 Galvatron re-issue did get the voice clip specifically for him, plus or minus a few years after.

What I know is, for Takara they use actual voice clips from the show. For Hb, I know DVD MP Prime didn't use Peter Cullen. I used to own Hb RID aka Fire Convoy, not sure if it was actually Neil Kaplan's voice I heard when he shouted "Optimus Prime Maximize!" or RID UM is it was really the English voice actor).
Re: Fusion Cannon Details for Takara Tomy Transformers MP-36 Megatron (1842844)
Posted by Relic0037 on November 23rd, 2016 @ 12:01am CST
Megatron hearing his cannon talking to him? I would think an insanity gimmick would be more befitting of a Galvatron toy. :D

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-47 Kickback & Double Dealer" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-38 Laserbeak & Apeface" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Botcon 2013 Classics SEEKER HOTLINK  Tech Card  & instuctions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Challenge at Cybertron Rodimus and Titans Return Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager ASTROTRAIN Loose Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Chromedome COMPLETE, Great Condition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Legends Class Galvatron Action Figure 2005 - MOC" on EBAY