G1 Astrotrain Returning to Walmart Shelves in Spring 2020

G1 Astrotrain Returning to Walmart Shelves in Spring 2020

Friday, December 14th, 2018 9:56am CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 18,103

Then there was one...Following yesterday's final today Hasbro crowned a winner... G1 Astrotrain! Thanks to fellow Seibertron user, Carytheone for bringing this to our attention.

This means that Astrotrain will be the lucky con who is returning to Walmart shelves in Spring 2020.

Transformers News: G1 Astrotrain Returning to Walmart Shelves in Spring 2020

He overcame Skywarp in the finals, who had beaten Thundercracker. Astrotrain himself saw off Perceptor in Round 1. Now we'll have to wait and see just what form his reissue will take as he was released a few years ago but in an odd colour scheme as part of a platinum edition that also included fellow triple changer Blitzwing.

What do you think of this result? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews.

Credit(s): Carytheone from Seibertron.com, Hasbro Pulse & Transformers Official Instagram accounts

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: G1 Astrotrain Returning to Walmart Shelves in Spring 2020 (1998795)
Posted by Cobotron on December 14th, 2018 @ 10:00am CST
I think i'm fine with this. I picked up the weird psychedelic Triple Changer two pack from a little while ago, and am perfectly fine with their left field decos, but depending on the deco they give this release, I could probably be convinced to go more "traditional".
Re: G1 Astrotrain Returning to Walmart Shelves in Spring 2020 (1998799)
Posted by o.supreme on December 14th, 2018 @ 10:08am CST
Re: G1 Astrotrain Returning to Walmart Shelves in Spring 2020 (1998814)
Posted by Randomhero on December 14th, 2018 @ 11:46am CST
Can’t wait for all the complaints about the choice in deco
Re: G1 Astrotrain Returning to Walmart Shelves in Spring 2020 (1998821)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on December 14th, 2018 @ 12:51pm CST
o.supreme wrote:It's cool and all that he won, but just seems odd. :HASBRO: - Let's Release a random assortment of original series toys for *Holiday 2018* (no doubt to cash in on BB 80's nostalgia)...., oh and check back in 2 years for Astrotrain... :???:

Are we sure that there won't be any Vintage G1 Transformers figures in 2019? It would be nuts of Hasbro to leave us hanging like that. I'd bet we'll see something, but it might not be right away.
Re: G1 Astrotrain Returning to Walmart Shelves in Spring 2020 (1998827)
Posted by ScottyP on December 14th, 2018 @ 1:17pm CST
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:But Thundercracker's the grumpy plane. Or was ScottyP talking about the box art?
They're both grumpy, but Skywarp always sounded like the grumpier of the two to me in the show. Later continuities (which aren't these, I know) also have Skywarp as the grumpiest Seeker so that influences me too.
Re: G1 Astrotrain Returning to Walmart Shelves in Spring 2020 (1998830)
Posted by Randomhero on December 14th, 2018 @ 1:25pm CST
ScottyP wrote:

I don’t know I mean thunderscrackers voice was straight up Mr Slate from flintstones. You don’t get much grumpier than that. Skywarps voice was nasally and whiney sounding. Dear god he was the stereotypical internet voice before the internet existed!
Re: G1 Astrotrain Returning to Walmart Shelves in Spring 2020 (1998833)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 14th, 2018 @ 1:45pm CST
Wolfman Jake wrote:

I would be suprised if there is no reissues for 2019, they will find something to plug the gap.
Re: G1 Astrotrain Returning to Walmart Shelves in Spring 2020 (1998835)
Posted by Seibertron on December 14th, 2018 @ 1:56pm CST

I would take this to mean that there will be other reissues between now and then. The folks at Hasbro aren't idiots and the brand needs to make money. If the initial reissues were successful, I'm sure we'll see more in due time. Patience young padawans!
Re: G1 Astrotrain Returning to Walmart Shelves in Spring 2020 (1998836)
Posted by bluecatcinema on December 14th, 2018 @ 2:03pm CST
Awesome. Guess a lot of people shared my opinion on the matter.
Re: G1 Astrotrain Returning to Walmart Shelves in Spring 2020 (1998837)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on December 14th, 2018 @ 2:08pm CST
ScottyP wrote:

Skywarp was a prankster and a wiseguy though.
Re: G1 Astrotrain Returning to Walmart Shelves in Spring 2020 (1998843)
Posted by ScottyP on December 14th, 2018 @ 2:30pm CST
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

Skywarp was a prankster and a wiseguy though.
It is entirely possible they're switched up in my head. I'm sure the animation's coloring probably hasn't helped :lol:
Re: G1 Astrotrain Returning to Walmart Shelves in Spring 2020 (1998844)
Posted by Bouncy X on December 14th, 2018 @ 2:32pm CST

i hope he also has the G1 colors as the image shows and isn't the white version.
Re: G1 Astrotrain Returning to Walmart Shelves in Spring 2020 (1998886)
Posted by Randomhero on December 14th, 2018 @ 6:07pm CST
Bouncy X wrote:glad to see this, he was always my favorite tranformers toy i had but i lost him along the way.

White version is G1
Re: G1 Astrotrain Returning to Walmart Shelves in Spring 2020 (1998891)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on December 14th, 2018 @ 6:33pm CST
Randomhero wrote:

White version is G1

More specifically, white and purple (and black, on his die-cast train parts) is US 1985/Takara 1986 G1, white and black is Takara 1985 G1.
Re: G1 Astrotrain Returning to Walmart Shelves in Spring 2020 (1998896)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 14th, 2018 @ 7:12pm CST
Randomhero wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

It was basically just the same voice as Rumble, Frenzy, and Bigtime Beagle.
Re: G1 Astrotrain Returning to Walmart Shelves in Spring 2020 (1998908)
Posted by shajaki on December 14th, 2018 @ 9:14pm CST

Re: G1 Astrotrain Returning to Walmart Shelves in Spring 2020 (1998912)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on December 14th, 2018 @ 9:22pm CST
shajaki wrote:Image

Shajaki, please give me some details, and I will happily news this tonight! :-D
Re: G1 Astrotrain Returning to Walmart Shelves in Spring 2020 (1998914)
Posted by shajaki on December 14th, 2018 @ 9:31pm CST
Transformers G1 Optimus Prime Reissue (without trailer), via TFND

22nd Gamer Party in Taiwan
I almost passed by it assuming it was a KO or something. But I think the Botbots add some legitimacy.
Re: G1 Astrotrain Returning to Walmart Shelves in Spring 2020 (1998916)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on December 14th, 2018 @ 9:39pm CST
shajaki wrote:
Transformers G1 Optimus Prime Reissue (without trailer), via TFND

22nd Gamer Party in Taiwan

Better hold off until we get more info. In particular, I don't spot the product code anywhere, and I'm not sure if the Asian division even uses them.
Re: G1 Astrotrain Returning to Walmart Shelves in Spring 2020 (1998919)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 14th, 2018 @ 9:46pm CST

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "MIB~JAPAN Takara Transformers G1 D311 Black Zarak COMPLETE Headmasters scorponok" on EBAY
Buy "JAPAN Takara 1987 Transformers G1 D93 Scorponok 100% COMPLETE~Lord Zarak black" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS02 Voyager Red Wing Exclusive Figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "IDW ROM VS TRANSFORMERS : SHINING ARMOR #3 : 2 COVERS BUNDLE : B + C : NM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Thrilling 30 Trailcutter mosc sealed trailbreaker g1 idw mib" on EBAY
Buy "G.I. Joe Comic Lot of 26 DDP 2005-2007 America's Elite Storm Shadow Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise Runabout WFC-E41 Target Exclusive Clean Packaging New" on EBAY