G1 colored MP Starscream to be released by Hasbro?

G1 colored MP Starscream to be released by Hasbro?

Thursday, May 31st, 2007 9:34am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: GetterDragun   Views: 17,449

Pictures have been posted over at ACToys forum by Ray Toy of what could be a US release of MP Starscream in his G1 color scheme! While it is unconfirmed at this time if and where this item will be released, ACToys forum has always provided photos of figures before any one else sees them, so stay tuned!

See the original thread here:
ACToys

Credit(s): Leonardo, S250, ACToys, Ray Toys

This article was last modified on Thursday, May 31st, 2007 12:35pm CDT

Re: G1 colored MP Starscream to be released by Hasbro? (143087)
Posted by Sunstar on May 31st, 2007 @ 9:37am CDT
Sunstar is going out of her mind... *SCREAMS IN DELIGHT!*
Re: G1 colored MP Starscream to be released by Hasbro? (143091)
Posted by Anonymous on May 31st, 2007 @ 9:39am CDT
Why did they take off the tailfins?
Re: G1 colored MP Starscream to be released by Hasbro? (143093)
Posted by Switchpoint on May 31st, 2007 @ 9:39am CDT
If it is by Hasbro they sure went overboard with the "battle damaged" look.
Re: G1 colored MP Starscream to be released by Hasbro? (143097)
Posted by DARKAGEIS on May 31st, 2007 @ 9:41am CDT
if thats a real release ill have one! ive already got mp starscream but oh yes ill have one of those!
Re: G1 colored MP Starscream to be released by Hasbro? (143098)
Posted by WhiteNoise on May 31st, 2007 @ 9:42am CDT
Looks like a fan-piece to me. That paint app is way to nice for anything that Hasbro would do themselves. I never thought Hasbro would produce one but I hope I'm wrong.
Re: G1 colored MP Starscream to be released by Hasbro? (143099)
Posted by Sideshow Sideswipe on May 31st, 2007 @ 9:42am CDT
i want it i want it i want it
Re: G1 colored MP Starscream to be released by Hasbro? (143101)
Posted by Nujevad on May 31st, 2007 @ 9:43am CDT
Re: G1 colored MP Starscream to be released by Hasbro? (143102)
Posted by TallTiki on May 31st, 2007 @ 9:44am CDT
Thats awesome. Why didn't they paint it that color to start with cause real jets and not even that dark color. So who wants my Dark Grey Starscream.
Re: G1 colored MP Starscream to be released by Hasbro? (143103)
Posted by Anonymous on May 31st, 2007 @ 9:44am CDT
The more I think about it, the more I doubt this is official. I mean, unless I missed something, Skywarp was meant to be the next MP, and I can't see them announcing another before he's even been released. It's also pretty unlikely it's a Hasbro release... I guess time will tell though.
Re: G1 colored MP Starscream to be released by Hasbro? (143104)
Posted by City Commander on May 31st, 2007 @ 9:44am CDT
I must admit, he looks kinda funky in his anime colours.
Then again, I didn't think there was really anything wrong with the first MP SS...

I do see what you mean Sunstar, it kinda reminds me of playdoh red. Maybe it is a Hasbro reissue? It definetly looks to me like it's made of plastic.
Re: G1 colored MP Starscream to be released by Hasbro? (143105)
Posted by Big_yellow_glasses on May 31st, 2007 @ 9:46am CDT
SCHWEEEEEET
Re: G1 colored MP Starscream to be released by Hasbro? (143106)
Posted by Vile MK III on May 31st, 2007 @ 9:46am CDT
If this is for real, I hope he comes with a crown and cape. :grin:
Re: G1 colored MP Starscream to be released by Hasbro? (143107)
Posted by muswp1 on May 31st, 2007 @ 9:48am CDT
I think this is going to be MP-08. With Skywarp already confirmed as MP-06, I don't think Takara is going to release two seekers in a row.
Re: G1 colored MP Starscream to be released by Hasbro? (143108)
Posted by Koloth on May 31st, 2007 @ 9:50am CDT
I still doubt this is a Hasbro release. Not because of the paint scheme or anything but because of the overall fragility of MPSS. To get past the toy laws they would have to toughen it up a fair bit.

On the other hand I don't think it is a custom either. Most of the custom I have seen look much rougher. Lots of thick globbed on paint to cover the darker color. This one doesn't have that. Unless they managed to do a really good dye job.
Re: G1 colored MP Starscream to be released by Hasbro? (143109)
Posted by Switchpoint on May 31st, 2007 @ 9:50am CDT
Nujevad wrote:I like the look as a whole but I don't like the upside down insignia in robot mode.

That's how they are in the cartoon though.
Re: G1 colored MP Starscream to be released by Hasbro? (143110)
Posted by Leonardo on May 31st, 2007 @ 9:52am CDT
Switchpoint wrote:

That's how they are in the cartoon though.

Yes, that's true (most of the time, anyway), though I never liked them that way up, myself.
Re: G1 colored MP Starscream to be released by Hasbro? (143116)
Posted by Geekee1 on May 31st, 2007 @ 9:56am CDT
Please be a real release. :PRAY:
Re: G1 colored MP Starscream to be released by Hasbro? (143117)
Posted by Anonymous on May 31st, 2007 @ 9:57am CDT
Why would they be showcasing a Hasbro release at what appears to be a Japanese uhm.. convention?
Re: G1 colored MP Starscream to be released by Hasbro? (143118)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on May 31st, 2007 @ 10:00am CDT
Dangit, I JUST got MP SS too .....

If this doesn't have Decepticon Leader parts, I'll pass on it. (Hey, it COULD have the crown and stuff...... I'm a dreamer ....)
Re: G1 colored MP Starscream to be released by Hasbro? (143119)
Posted by zodconvoy on May 31st, 2007 @ 10:01am CDT
He's missing the fingers on his right hand. Anyone else notice that? Wasn't that a problem with the MP-3 to begin with?

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Target Exclusive Runabout" on EBAY
Buy "Rare Hasbro Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots QUICKSHADOW BOULDER SPARES" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots DANI BURNS & (2) BLADES FLIGHT BOTS Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cliffjumper 2019 Figure Deluxe Class Earthrise War Cybertron Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Bumblebee Rescue Guard 10-Inch" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 1986 G1 Decepticon Battlecharger Runabout Friction RIFLE Weapon EUC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot Academy Medix the Doc-Bot Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "VINTAGE 1984 TRANSFORMERS G1, Devastator , SCAVENGER + SCRAPPER, Takara, Japan" on EBAY