G1 Homage ROTF Mixmaster and Hoist Part of Exclusive 2 Pack

G1 Homage ROTF Mixmaster and Hoist Part of Exclusive 2 Pack

Sunday, August 30th, 2009 7:44am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables, Auctions
Posted by: DevastaTTor   Views: 34,149

According to Seibertron.com member Giant Purple Griffin, the G1 homage ROTF figures Mixmaster and Hoist that we saw new pictures of yesterday are part of an exclusive two-pack set. The yet-to-be-released Toys R Us exclusive, called Back Road Brawl, is up for auction now on eBay at the link below. No word yet on when it will be available at retail.

Re: Clearer Images Of G1 Coloured ROTF Mixmaster

Clearer Images of Revenge of the Fallen Deluxe Hoist

eBay Auction

Credit(s): Giant Purple Griffin, eBay

This article was last modified on Sunday, August 30th, 2009 8:13am CDT

Re: G1 Homage ROTF Mixmaster and Hoist Part of Exclusive 2 Pack (986070)
Posted by Nemesis Rodimus on August 30th, 2009 @ 7:49am CDT
It says it is an auction for an unreleased multipack. Apparently, Hasbro wanted to do this, but ended up making them seperate Deluxes and Voyagers.
Re: G1 Homage ROTF Mixmaster and Hoist Part of Exclusive 2 Pack (986073)
Posted by Tigertrack on August 30th, 2009 @ 7:51am CDT
Re: G1 Homage ROTF Mixmaster and Hoist Part of Exclusive 2 Pack (986074)
Posted by DevastaTTor on August 30th, 2009 @ 7:52am CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:Unreleased meaning "not yet released to the stores". Looks like this will be a very popular new TRU exclusive.

Beat me to it. "Unreleased" meaning we stole one off the production line and are selling it on eBay.
Re: G1 Homage ROTF Mixmaster and Hoist Part of Exclusive 2 Pack (986077)
Posted by Samsonator on August 30th, 2009 @ 7:56am CDT
Re: G1 Homage ROTF Mixmaster and Hoist Part of Exclusive 2 Pack (986078)
Posted by Nemesis Rodimus on August 30th, 2009 @ 7:57am CDT
DevastaTTor wrote:

Aww. But I don't have a Toys-'R'-Us near me (nowhere within 4 hours) and I was so looking forward to these guys! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
Re: G1 Homage ROTF Mixmaster and Hoist Part of Exclusive 2 Pack (986080)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on August 30th, 2009 @ 8:00am CDT
Samsonator wrote:Well, this kinda sucks. I had every intention of getting Hoist, and every intention of NOT getting Mixmaster...

My sentiments exactly..
I will still most likely pick iy up though..
Re: G1 Homage ROTF Mixmaster and Hoist Part of Exclusive 2 Pack (986088)
Posted by Swiftpaw on August 30th, 2009 @ 8:22am CDT
Well, shoot. I wanted Hoist, but not really that Mixmaster (as I have the first version) ... Though, seeing as the Constructicons appeared to be using Sweep-esque body doubles...

Amusing that they made a two pack out of two homage redecos.
Re: G1 Homage ROTF Mixmaster and Hoist Part of Exclusive 2 Pack (986090)
Posted by Tigertrack on August 30th, 2009 @ 8:23am CDT
Cyber Bishop wrote:

My sentiments exactly..
I will still most likely pick iy up though..

Carbombya, or eBay, or your local con can rid you of that pretty easily. SOme folks will no doubt, repackage it and take it back with whatever version of the toys they don't like, like Longarm 2007, or Mixmaster non-G1. I really dislike seeing that happen.
Re: G1 Homage ROTF Mixmaster and Hoist Part of Exclusive 2 Pack (986129)
Posted by Brychanus on August 30th, 2009 @ 9:56am CDT
Wow, I think this will be the first time I've ever wanted both figures in a 2-pack. Really looking forward to these guys.
Re: G1 Homage ROTF Mixmaster and Hoist Part of Exclusive 2 Pack (986130)
Posted by I want to be prime on August 30th, 2009 @ 9:58am CDT
Re: G1 Homage ROTF Mixmaster and Hoist Part of Exclusive 2 Pack (986134)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on August 30th, 2009 @ 10:26am CDT
I want to be prime wrote:I don't know if I would have these as partof my movie collection, but maybe my universe collection.

Interesting that you bring up that idea. I speculated in this thread that the G1-colored ROTF Mixmaster was a sort of compromise for the lack of Mixmaster in the "Classics" Devastator gift set. The inclusion of the very G1-esque ROTF Hoist in a two-pack with the G1-colored ROTF Mixmaster makes me think that Hasbro does kind of intend to let fans include these figures as part of their Classics/Universe 2.0 collections if they so wish.
Re: G1 Homage ROTF Mixmaster and Hoist Part of Exclusive 2 Pack (986137)
Posted by freaky777 on August 30th, 2009 @ 10:33am CDT
Am so getting this!
Re: G1 Homage ROTF Mixmaster and Hoist Part of Exclusive 2 Pack (986146)
Posted by Mkall on August 30th, 2009 @ 10:44am CDT
I'll be picking this up, then probbly selling off Mixmaster
Re: G1 Homage ROTF Mixmaster and Hoist Part of Exclusive 2 Pack (986150)
Posted by autobot-jolt on August 30th, 2009 @ 11:04am CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:
Cyber Bishop wrote:

My sentiments exactly..
I will still most likely pick iy up though..

You guys took the words right out of my mouth. Now I have to wait until a single Hoist appears on ebay, cause I want Hoist, but I also want regular mixmaster.
sigh... :-(
Re: G1 Homage ROTF Mixmaster and Hoist Part of Exclusive 2 Pack (986160)
Posted by Blurrz on August 30th, 2009 @ 11:23am CDT
Aww screw off. This is the shit you do not want to see in a two-pack.
Re: G1 Homage ROTF Mixmaster and Hoist Part of Exclusive 2 Pack (986163)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on August 30th, 2009 @ 11:25am CDT
well im sold!
Re: G1 Homage ROTF Mixmaster and Hoist Part of Exclusive 2 Pack (986189)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on August 30th, 2009 @ 11:57am CDT
Damn i guess im gonna be stuck with Hoist unless they decide to sell these separately.
Re: G1 Homage ROTF Mixmaster and Hoist Part of Exclusive 2 Pack (986194)
Posted by Convotron on August 30th, 2009 @ 12:00pm CDT
Hmm, while I prefer the standard colour scheme for RotF Mixmaster, I can get some G1 satisfaction out of the repaint. I also want to get RotF Hoist. I would definitely buy this two pack for both figures, unlike others sold in the past.
Re: G1 Homage ROTF Mixmaster and Hoist Part of Exclusive 2 Pack (986200)
Posted by shonenfan4 on August 30th, 2009 @ 12:17pm CDT
Getting this when it comes out, would be nice to see some exclusive 2 packs at TRU that is not Whirl and Bludgeon :-?
Re: G1 Homage ROTF Mixmaster and Hoist Part of Exclusive 2 Pack (986212)
Posted by leokearon on August 30th, 2009 @ 12:35pm CDT
What do you know another toy a lot of people wanted and it turns out to be another exclusive. I have had it up to here with Hasbro and their unfair exclusive policies. I really wanted ROFT Hoist but now I will never get him because 1) he is an exclusive and 2) he is part of a two pack

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #287 - Pulse Con 2021
"Pulse Con 2021"
Posted: Monday, October 25th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Child's Costume with jumpsuit and mask " on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers APEFACE War for Cybertron Siege WFC-S50 - Loose Complete" on EBAY
Buy "transformers botbots series 4 disaster master" on EBAY
Buy "New Megatron AND HotLink Transformers War Cybertron Figure Netflix Trilogy" on EBAY
Buy "????Transformers Cyberverse Battle for Cybertron-LaserBeak Blast Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G2 Transformers Action Figure Road Pig" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Dark Of The Moon 2019 Limited Edition RSD brown vinyl LP NEW/SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Calendar Dreamwave 2003 2005 Calendar Pat Lee Don Figueroa RARE" on EBAY