G1 Optimus Prime Reissue Release Date, Price and Stock Image

G1 Optimus Prime Reissue Release Date, Price and Stock Image

Friday, December 28th, 2018 8:25am CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Amelie   Views: 38,390

Thanks to InDemandToys and KapowToys, we finally have a potential price, shipping date and stock image for the previously confirmed Walmart Exclusive G1 Vintage Optimus Prime reissue. Sporting the same curiosities on the box as the preview seen earlier at a show. With other G1 Vintage reissues already hitting sale prices, we can only guess that Optimus Prime will not be alone in this wave, and with the recent vote on Astrotrain Vs Perceptor, we also have had confirmation this latest spate of reissues is to run into spring 2020 as well.

Optimus Prime will be shipping late January with a price tag of £49.99 at InDemandToys and £47.97 at KapowToys.

Transformers News: G1 Optimus Prime Reissue Release Date, Price and Stock Image

With characters like Hound and Blitzwing being prominent characters in the movies, it would seem like an excellent chance for Hasbro to finally deliver a reissue of figures. What are you hoping to return alongside this legendary figure? Drop in on the Energon Pub and get that wish-listing gear grinding.

Credit(s): InDemantToys.com, KapowToys.co.uk

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: G1 Optimus Prime Reissue Release Date, Price and Stock Image (2001354)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 28th, 2018 @ 8:29am CST
Re: G1 Optimus Prime Reissue Release Date, Price and Stock Image (2001371)
Posted by Combat Zero on December 28th, 2018 @ 9:33am CST
Re: G1 Optimus Prime Reissue Release Date, Price and Stock Image (2001374)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 28th, 2018 @ 9:39am CST
Combat Zero wrote:I’m glad they’re reissuing G1 Optimus because I’ve been dying to find one that isn’t used, a KO, or very expensive.

If you already have a good condition vintage trailer but a broken-ass incomplete Optimus, that reissue is a blessing.
Re: G1 Optimus Prime Reissue Release Date, Price and Stock Image (2001382)
Posted by CdogCdog4 on December 28th, 2018 @ 10:02am CST
I think in America at a retail Walmart store, unless they are raising their prices on everything the price will be $34.99 /to 39.99 not any higher because of the size of the box.

I just polished off having all the G1 figures with an extra Bumblebees and extra Hot Rod. :)
Re: G1 Optimus Prime Reissue Release Date, Price and Stock Image (2001385)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 28th, 2018 @ 10:17am CST
Re: G1 Optimus Prime Reissue Release Date, Price and Stock Image (2001386)
Posted by frogbat on December 28th, 2018 @ 10:24am CST
I was hoping that this wouldn't jump the 40 quid mark. Might wait it out to see if it goes on discount somewhere... but being a TF G1 centric collector and not having an original Optimus is a sacrilege which I've been hoping to remedy. And a trailer isn't too important for me as I have the Mp10 one, the g1 trailer would just take more room, though it'd have been nice.
Re: G1 Optimus Prime Reissue Release Date, Price and Stock Image (2001396)
Posted by Randomhero on December 28th, 2018 @ 11:25am CST
ZeroWolf wrote:The price has already been rumoured to be $50 at Walmart because of a listing that was found. However, I'd expect that price to only stay there for a month or so as we've seen with Hot Rod how sales can hit.

That’s only happened once though. While Christmas shopping the past two weeks I picked up a hot rod a couple times and took it to a scanner and every time he was full price.

I know people are expecting this guy to be dropped in price but it’s more than likely not going to happen. Hot rod dropped ONCE and now he’s a shelf warmer while Devastator and Starscream and even the minibots have constantly sold out. That will probably happen with this.
Re: G1 Optimus Prime Reissue Release Date, Price and Stock Image (2001404)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 28th, 2018 @ 12:13pm CST
Randomhero wrote:

It will depend on the demand/supply.
Look like they underproduced Devy and Screamers, but overproduced Hot Rod.
As for the minibots, they keep being restocked. I do hope their popularity will bring more in the future.
Re: G1 Optimus Prime Reissue Release Date, Price and Stock Image (2001409)
Posted by Randomhero on December 28th, 2018 @ 12:58pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Randomhero wrote:

It will depend on the demand/supply.
Look like they underproduced Devy and Screamers, but overproduced Hot Rod.

I just want a Bee. I’ve seen everyone but minibots and we have 7 Walmart’s in my city.
Re: G1 Optimus Prime Reissue Release Date, Price and Stock Image (2001419)
Posted by Emerje on December 28th, 2018 @ 3:31pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:Even though I have a vintage G1 Hound, I would love a reissue of him. And I know it's possible because of the recent E-Hobby repaint.

But would you buy a yellow Hound with a Bumblebee head? ;)

Emerje
Re: G1 Optimus Prime Reissue Release Date, Price and Stock Image (2001434)
Posted by no-one on December 28th, 2018 @ 6:53pm CST
Emerje wrote:

But would you buy a yellow Hound with a Bumblebee head? ;)

Emerje
We'll all get our chance once the Studio Series covers all the variants.
Re: G1 Optimus Prime Reissue Release Date, Price and Stock Image (2001438)
Posted by buddha-con on December 28th, 2018 @ 9:23pm CST
Though I think this next wave will just be Optimus, i'd be surprised if they didn't reissue soundwave again as well.
The new Optimus reissue is on ebay now as well for about $70.
Re: G1 Optimus Prime Reissue Release Date, Price and Stock Image (2001444)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 28th, 2018 @ 10:34pm CST
Emerje wrote:

But would you buy a yellow Hound with a Bumblebee head? ;)

Emerje

Honestly, that would be freaking awesome! :shock:
Re: G1 Optimus Prime Reissue Release Date, Price and Stock Image (2001445)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on December 28th, 2018 @ 11:03pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Emerje wrote:

But would you buy a yellow Hound with a Bumblebee head? ;)

Emerje

Honestly, that would be freaking awesome! :shock:

I wouldn't be surprised if a KO company already made that :lol:
Re: G1 Optimus Prime Reissue Release Date, Price and Stock Image (2001527)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on December 29th, 2018 @ 4:45pm CST

Also, how accurate is brickseek for stuff like this?
Re: G1 Optimus Prime Reissue Release Date, Price and Stock Image (2001528)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on December 29th, 2018 @ 4:52pm CST
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:Just checked another Walmart, had a million of G1 Hot Rod but no minibots. For anyone who has seen them, are the minibots on shelves with the rest of the Transformers?

Also, how accurate is brickseek for stuff like this?

All the ones I've been to had them on pegs on a big yellow bumblebee movie display; but this was before christmas, dunno where they could have gotten off too by now :-?
Re: G1 Optimus Prime Reissue Release Date, Price and Stock Image (2001529)
Posted by no-one on December 29th, 2018 @ 5:09pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Also, how accurate is brickseek for stuff like this?

They were in the yellow Bumblebee displays in the action alleys but our Walmarts have moved them to the pegs in the TF section. Some people have reported finding them around electronics.

Also the WM app is not accurate when it comes to stock. I've seen them at several stores that reports "out of stock". Brick seek probably won't do ya any good.
Re: G1 Optimus Prime Reissue Release Date, Price and Stock Image (2001530)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on December 29th, 2018 @ 5:29pm CST
carytheone wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Also, how accurate is brickseek for stuff like this?

Gotcha. Thanks Hellscream and Cary! The hunt for G1 Bumblebee continues.
Re: G1 Optimus Prime Reissue Release Date, Price and Stock Image (2001557)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on December 29th, 2018 @ 10:36pm CST
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:
carytheone wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Also, how accurate is brickseek for stuff like this?

Gotcha. Thanks Hellscream and Cary! The hunt for G1 Bumblebee continues.

I just found them at my local Walmart, on the pegs; Swerve, Outback, Tailgate... but no Bumblebee...
Re: G1 Optimus Prime Reissue Release Date, Price and Stock Image (2001560)
Posted by Emerje on December 29th, 2018 @ 11:48pm CST
Between my two Walmarts one had them on a massive display outside the electronics department, the other never got them at all. #-o

Emerje

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "MIB~JAPAN Takara Transformers G1 D311 Black Zarak COMPLETE Headmasters scorponok" on EBAY
Buy "JAPAN Takara 1987 Transformers G1 D93 Scorponok 100% COMPLETE~Lord Zarak black" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS02 Voyager Red Wing Exclusive Figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "IDW ROM VS TRANSFORMERS : SHINING ARMOR #3 : 2 COVERS BUNDLE : B + C : NM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Thrilling 30 Trailcutter mosc sealed trailbreaker g1 idw mib" on EBAY
Buy "G.I. Joe Comic Lot of 26 DDP 2005-2007 America's Elite Storm Shadow Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise Runabout WFC-E41 Target Exclusive Clean Packaging New" on EBAY