G1 Ratchet and Ironhide Galleries Online Now!

G1 Ratchet and Ironhide Galleries Online Now!

Thursday, July 19th, 2007 1:40am CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Hotrod   Views: 16,463

With the success of the current Transformers Movie it is fun to look back at the hobbies past, and that is what Seibertron has done with his latest galleries. In honor of the movie characters with the same names, Seiberton has post galleries of two of the original Autobots. You can now check out 146 images of G1 Ratchet and 116 pictures of G1 Ironhide. After you are done checking both of those galleries out do not forget to check out the rest of the galleries in the Seibertron.com's Toy Galleries located in the Seibertron.com Toy Section.

Credit(s): Seibertron

Re: G1 Ratchet and Ironhide Galleries Online Now! (230814)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on July 19th, 2007 @ 2:29am CDT
Re: G1 Ratchet and Ironhide Galleries Online Now! (230829)
Posted by Hotrod on July 19th, 2007 @ 2:43am CDT
Lapse Of Reason wrote:Cool. I really wish these G1 figures were more like their cartoon appearance, but they are what they are I suppose.

I agree. If there were not important characters in the comics and show, I do not think I would really want either one. Now the BotCon exclusives of these two characters are sweet and if I ever get the cash they will be mine.
Re: G1 Ratchet and Ironhide Galleries Online Now! (230883)
Posted by Craven Knight on July 19th, 2007 @ 4:16am CDT
Those are TERRIBLE toys :sad: - they are both great characters though.
Re: G1 Ratchet and Ironhide Galleries Online Now! (230897)
Posted by Bonger on July 19th, 2007 @ 4:45am CDT
Craven Knight wrote:Those are TERRIBLE toys :sad: - they are both great characters though.

Theyre fine as long as you keep them in alt mode....ALWAYS! :grin:
Re: G1 Ratchet and Ironhide Galleries Online Now! (230908)
Posted by Psychout on July 19th, 2007 @ 5:11am CDT
Cant wait to see these aganst any G1 movie repaints that may be done for these two.
Re: G1 Ratchet and Ironhide Galleries Online Now! (230985)
Posted by Bumble-B on July 19th, 2007 @ 7:04am CDT
Do they have faces...? :-? :???:
Re: G1 Ratchet and Ironhide Galleries Online Now! (231013)
Posted by Yeti on July 19th, 2007 @ 7:33am CDT
I have fond moemories of my Ratchet, he seemed like great value at the time.
Re: G1 Ratchet and Ironhide Galleries Online Now! (231045)
Posted by Seibertron on July 19th, 2007 @ 7:52am CDT
I love both of these toys for what they are ... they're a prime example of the origin of the Transformers toys. I don't know why, but I've always really liked both of these figures. I'm very happy that I now have versions that are near perfect.
Re: G1 Ratchet and Ironhide Galleries Online Now! (231049)
Posted by Loki120 on July 19th, 2007 @ 7:53am CDT
Bumble-B wrote:Do they have faces...? :-? :???:

Their faces are stickers of a generalized face, stuck on a tab behind the windshield.
The design of toy when it was originally a diaclone figure was suppose to connect with something else, hence the reason behind no real head.

I never had Ironhide, but I did own Ratchet. I liked the figure, and always had a soft spot for the windshield in front of the face for some reason.
Re: G1 Ratchet and Ironhide Galleries Online Now! (231108)
Posted by Powermaster Jazz on July 19th, 2007 @ 8:36am CDT
And these are the toys that are "better" than the movie designs? HAW!!
Re: G1 Ratchet and Ironhide Galleries Online Now! (231126)
Posted by osiricon on July 19th, 2007 @ 8:45am CDT
jealousy is what I feel. Ratchet was my first TF. I lost it when I was moving. :( I got him from a lady, I used to take out her trash and she gave him to me. I had no idea what a TF was,I just thought he was a cool car. I noticed the gaps and slowly open him up......WOW....this is cool!!! That was the beginning of my love for TF. I don't have 1 ratchet Ryan has 2. Jealousy I tell you.
Re: G1 Ratchet and Ironhide Galleries Online Now! (231150)
Posted by Ground Zero on July 19th, 2007 @ 8:59am CDT
G1 Ironhide was one of my favorite toys while growing up. He was my favorite character in the show, and I didn't mind at all that the toy didn't look like the character.

I wish these had seen reissue in the US.
Re: G1 Ratchet and Ironhide Galleries Online Now! (231249)
Posted by First Gen on July 19th, 2007 @ 9:53am CDT
What are those botcon's going for?

I remember seeing some kitbashes on another TF website that I thought were awesome of the two. In reality, you could probably fabricate a head and shoulders for these G1 versions and they'd be okay, with the exception of their arms being really loooooooow. lol

Good galleries, good memories, good times.
Re: G1 Ratchet and Ironhide Galleries Online Now! (231367)
Posted by Scaleface on July 19th, 2007 @ 11:06am CDT
As a guy who used to own the Diaclone black van with the driver, I just see this as a poor choice for Hasbro. It was a great toy, but it wasn't supposed to be a robot. It was a combat vehicle piloted by a smaller robot in the Diaclone toy line. They probably shouldn't have used it for Transformers, but it's a great vehicle in Diaclone.
Re: G1 Ratchet and Ironhide Galleries Online Now! (231451)
Posted by Hanch Prime on July 19th, 2007 @ 11:53am CDT
They are lame, I have them both, but I never got them as a kid cuz I thought they looked stupid. I agree, not a goo choice by hasbro. But they diddn't really care I'm sure no one knew it would blow up like it did. It would be cool if they did some type of MP of these characters for us fans. make them more like the G1 cartoon, like having a head and the whole van turning into a robot.
Re: G1 Ratchet and Ironhide Galleries Online Now! (231452)
Posted by SpacerAM2 on July 19th, 2007 @ 11:55am CDT
I wish the tf classics toy designers make them both anime accurate like they've done some of the others.
Re: G1 Ratchet and Ironhide Galleries Online Now! (231629)
Posted by Galaxy_Convoy on July 19th, 2007 @ 1:10pm CDT

And as always, it would be nice to see Hasbro make Classics of the two of them, along with poor old Trailbreaker and Kup that seemed to always get pushed aside for other characters.
Re: G1 Ratchet and Ironhide Galleries Online Now! (232214)
Posted by i_amtrunks on July 19th, 2007 @ 6:25pm CDT

I wish they had have been re-issued, but I cant see Hasbro doing that.
Re: G1 Ratchet and Ironhide Galleries Online Now! (232234)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on July 19th, 2007 @ 6:39pm CDT
Galaxy_Convoy wrote:I personally would love to get my hands on these guys. I've always had alittle place in my heart for Ironhide and Ratchet. I've always wondered though if Reprolabels would make a sticker of their cartoon accurate heads to stick on in place of the generic face.

Repolabels did do that. Look at some of their upgrade stickers.

I doubt these were ever the designs people think of when they say "G1 style is better than the movie style" .... People are probably thinking all the "neo-G1" stuff. These are the top 2 guys I'd like to see get a modern makeover considering how central they were in the show. In fact it's wierd that hasn't happened yet.
Re: G1 Ratchet and Ironhide Galleries Online Now! (232520)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on July 19th, 2007 @ 10:06pm CDT
i_amtrunks wrote:As bad as their actual toys were, I still have a massive soft spot for these toys, mainly because of the great characters they were given on the show.

I wish they had have been re-issued, but I cant see Hasbro doing that.

I agree. Although the closest yet are the Botcon 2005 figures. In fact, they fit in great with Classics.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Computron Exclusive Complete Loose Rare Technobots" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Action Figure Japan F/S" on EBAY
Buy "Blitzwing TRANSFORMERS Studio Series 65 Bumblebee Movie toy figure jet plane" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors Legends Ghost Starscream Takara Combiner Wars Ex" on EBAY
Buy "LG50 Sixshot | Japanese Transformers Legends Import Takara Tomy Generations" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Bruticus + Shockwave 6 figures included" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS 1985 G1 Hasbro  Milton Bradley Card # 47 Purple Vs Blue Sky Variant" on EBAY