G1 Reissue Minibots Found Instore At Walmart For $7.86

G1 Reissue Minibots Found Instore At Walmart For $7.86

Wednesday, December 12th, 2018 8:06am CST

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Amelie   Views: 13,167

Thanks to Instagram user AVP_Toys via ToyShiz, we finally have confirmation of Walmart exclusive minibots being on sale at retail at $7.86 each!

We have mirrored the image below and the link to the Instagram post can be found Here, on ToyShiz's feed.

Transformers News: G1 Reissue Minibots Found Instore At Walmart For $7.86

The reissued Minibots are Swerve, Tailgate, Outback and Bumblebee who sports a G1 cartoon accurate head sculpt. This version of G1 Bumblebee was first released back in 2004 as part of the Transformers Collection reissues as part of a six-toy set featuring other minibots.

Have you found the Minibots at discounted retail yet? Let us know in the thread.

Credit(s): AVP_Toys via ToyShiz Instagram

This article was last modified on Wednesday, December 12th, 2018 1:15pm CST

Re: G1 Reissue Minibots Found Instore At Walmart For $7.86 (1998442)
Posted by Short Circuit on December 12th, 2018 @ 8:52am CST
Crazy considering I haven't seen a single one. :???:
Re: G1 Reissue Minibots Found Instore At Walmart For $7.86 (1998448)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 12th, 2018 @ 9:31am CST

His opponent will be decided today as it's now Thundercracker and Skywarp's turn to go head to head. Voting is now open for round 2, so as long as you're an Instagram and Facebook user, go and vote to see who you want to see back in the shops. [ur=https://www.instagram.com/p/BrSem4SlAF7/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1jn5iyg4qnfsp]Please go here to cast your vote.[/url]

Do you want to see one of these Seekers back in action again? Are you happy that Astrotrain prevailed over Perceptor? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews.
Re: G1 Reissue Minibots Found Instore At Walmart For $7.86 (1998451)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 12th, 2018 @ 9:44am CST
Whichever Seeker wins, we lose!
Re: G1 Reissue Minibots Found Instore At Walmart For $7.86 (1998452)
Posted by Amelie on December 12th, 2018 @ 9:48am CST
Re: G1 Reissue Minibots Found Instore At Walmart For $7.86 (1998453)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on December 12th, 2018 @ 9:50am CST
Amelie wrote:The reissued Minibots are Swerve, Windcharger, Outback and Bumblebee who sports a G1 cartoon accurate head sculpt. This version of G1 Bumblebee was first released back in 2004 as part of the Transformers Collection reissues as part of a six-toy set featuring other minibots.

Tailgate, not Windcharger.
Re: G1 Reissue Minibots Found Instore At Walmart For $7.86 (1998459)
Posted by Amelie on December 12th, 2018 @ 10:05am CST
Caelus wrote:

Tailgate, not Windcharger.

:WHISTLE: ...

Thanks for the point out. ;)^
Re: G1 Reissue Minibots Found Instore At Walmart For $7.86 (1998460)
Posted by ScottyP on December 12th, 2018 @ 10:11am CST
Sabrblade wrote:Whichever Seeker wins, we lose!
How do I vote for a teleporting Skywarp? That would be neat.

It would be nice to not have to choose though, I agree. Really dug how the WM Starscream had gold tampo for the eyes in lieu of that damn sticker!
Re: G1 Reissue Minibots Found Instore At Walmart For $7.86 (1998471)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on December 12th, 2018 @ 11:00am CST
Re: G1 Reissue Minibots Found Instore At Walmart For $7.86 (1998473)
Posted by Amelie on December 12th, 2018 @ 11:03am CST
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:I hate Mall-wart. But those prices are tempting. Especially for Bumblebee because of what I see G1 Bumblebees selling for on eBay (why I don't have him yet).

Ignore eBay. Check some Facebook groups for him. It really shouldn't cost you more than £15 for a pretty nice, loose G1 Bumblebee.

Its worth getting this reissue for the new head, though. I'm really pleased with mine - I've been after this version since Takara reissued it, but I was loathe to pay all that money on the whole set.
Re: G1 Reissue Minibots Found Instore At Walmart For $7.86 (1998476)
Posted by Overcracker on December 12th, 2018 @ 11:11am CST
ZeroWolf wrote:Thanks to an update from fellow Seibertron user, Carytheone, we can now confirm that Astrotrain has won the first round of voting to see if he can make it to Walmart shelves in 2020.

Very cool to have a chance at an Astrotrain in correct colors again. Maybe Blitzwing can get another shot too. These 2 garner big nostalgia for me as I had them as a kid, but lost them.

I'd go for Skywarp over TC. Already have Commemorative TC, a G1 Skywarp would go nicely with it.
Re: G1 Reissue Minibots Found Instore At Walmart For $7.86 (1998484)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on December 12th, 2018 @ 12:40pm CST
Amelie wrote:Image

Dang, that is a LOT of minibots on the shelves in that pic. I hope at least one of the Walmarts around me gets stocked that full. I want all four! Speaking of which, where IS that Walmart featured in the picture above?
Re: G1 Reissue Minibots Found Instore At Walmart For $7.86 (1998490)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 12th, 2018 @ 1:45pm CST
Looking through the sources, I couldn't find the location sadly, so best keep eyes peeled
Re: G1 Reissue Minibots Found Instore At Walmart For $7.86 (1998509)
Posted by Emerje on December 12th, 2018 @ 3:26pm CST
Wow, they've got so many of those mini bots they're taking over all of the empty pegs. I'm a little surprised there even are empty pegs, my local Walmarts are both filled beyond capacity with lots of stuff on the overhead shelf waiting for space.

Amelie wrote:For me - it has to be Thundercracker. He is the template for the animation model, after all. What surprises me at the moment is there is a lack of Blitzwing reissue, given he is in the Bumblebee movie, too.

Since this poll is for 2020 there's always a possibility of a 2019 line so maybe he's already happening?

ScottyP wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Whichever Seeker wins, we lose!
How do I vote for a teleporting Skywarp? That would be neat.

You mean like this? I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Emerje
Re: G1 Reissue Minibots Found Instore At Walmart For $7.86 (1998570)
Posted by Sebstreak on December 12th, 2018 @ 9:59pm CST
Re: G1 Reissue Minibots Found Instore At Walmart For $7.86 (1998573)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 12th, 2018 @ 10:25pm CST
Sebstreak wrote:Does anyone like me focus on buying mostly G1 from season 1? I understand Bee's reissue from Hasbro, but not the other mini bots. I think reissuing more than 2 deceptions in 2020 is realistic and profitable. I have most Toys R Us reissues from about 15 yrs ago. Wal Mart should focus on the missing ones like Sunstreaker, Ratchet, Willjack, Mirage, trailbreaker, the casettes, etc.
Sunstreaker, Wheeljack, and Mirage have long been un-reissue-able due to their original molds being long gone.
Re: G1 Reissue Minibots Found Instore At Walmart For $7.86 (1998575)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on December 12th, 2018 @ 10:35pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:

More specifically, Wheeljack's is confirmed as shot to hell from wear, Mirage's is confirmed to be MIA (ditto for the Dinobots), and Sunstreaker's is all-but-confirmed as MIA - especially after his conspicuous absence from the Encore line and its parade of Diaclone-based redecoes (one would think that if his mold's whereabouts were known, as the very first of the Diaclone Car Robot molds he would have been given special attention there!).
Re: G1 Reissue Minibots Found Instore At Walmart For $7.86 (1998576)
Posted by william-james88 on December 12th, 2018 @ 10:54pm CST

I do. Hasbro wanted to realease the stuff they had on hand, and all those molds were easily accessible due to Takara rereleasing them already:

And if you want an idea of the other stuff Hasbro will probably put out in that price range, we have all these molds easily accessible as well:

I am pretty sure we will get Pipe/Huffer and Gears in the next round.
Re: G1 Reissue Minibots Found Instore At Walmart For $7.86 (1998578)
Posted by Seibertron on December 12th, 2018 @ 11:35pm CST
william-james88 wrote:Image

I keep hoping for a "G1 reissues improved" line. The vintage 1980s Hasbro boxes are a welcome change this time around. It's something that had never been done properly before, something that hearkens back to Takara's original reissues like Hot Rodimus, Convoy and Ultra Magnus from (yikes) shortly after the turn of the century. My fantasy "G1 reissues improved" line would do things like ... if you're going to do the mouth version of Bumblebee, commission someone to modify the original G1 artwork to reflect the mold so the artwork has a more G1 cartoon styled head (but in the style of that artwork) ... or if you're going to do a Perceptor reissue, give us a G1-toy styled head with a face and modify the artwork. Soundwave? Give him a red visor finally and modify the artwork. Little things like that which help make this set of reissues stand apart from other reissues. God knows they've milked their money out of their initial investments with these molds so it'd be nice to see some improvements made to set these apart from other reissues.
Re: G1 Reissue Minibots Found Instore At Walmart For $7.86 (1998579)
Posted by Seibertron on December 12th, 2018 @ 11:41pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:

Yep, but that doesn't mean that reissues of those very figures can't happen at some point in the future. I think there's a lot of demand to see those figures happen after all of this time, especially the Dinobots.
Re: G1 Reissue Minibots Found Instore At Walmart For $7.86 (1998580)
Posted by Seibertron on December 12th, 2018 @ 11:46pm CST
I picked up my Transformers G1 Hot Rod reissue at Walmart for $12.97 tonight! It was a little challenging getting them to swap out the one that Walmart.com shipped to their store for me with one of the ones that was on their shelves ("Sir, you can't do that!") and then the challenge of getting them to price match from Monday's price with the $12.97 price on Wednesday. It took 5 employees to figure out how to make it happen so that I ended up with the one I wanted from their shelves and get cash back at the same time. Good lord, it amazes me sometimes that Wally World is as successful as they are.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Menasor Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Legends series LG23 Galvatron Figure Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends series LG04 Roadbuster Figure Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Computron Exclusive Complete Loose Rare Technobots" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Action Figure Japan F/S" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Series LG11 Chromia Figure Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Blitzwing TRANSFORMERS Studio Series 65 Bumblebee Movie toy figure jet plane" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors Legends Ghost Starscream Takara Combiner Wars Ex" on EBAY
Buy "Deadlock Transformers Legends  Takara Tomy" on EBAY