G1 Replica Prowl Vehicle Up for Auction

G1 Replica Prowl Vehicle Up for Auction

Tuesday, April 30th, 2013 8:25am CDT

Category: Collectables
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 24,096

Seibertron.com member Chainclaw dropped to let us know he is auctioning off his replica G1 Prowl car, a 1979 Nissan 280 ZX Turbo with Prowl paint and lightbar. The vehicle can be viewed on his facebook page by clicking here, though we've mirrored an image below.

Hey everyone, I am selling my PROWL car. It stopped running, and none of the mechanics here in Ashland Ohio will work on imports. So I am auctioning it off. Buyer must be able to come here and get it.

G1 Replica Prowl Vehicle Up for Auction

Credit(s): Chainclaw

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: G1 Replica Prowl Vehicle Up for Auction (1483311)
Posted by rpetras on April 30th, 2013 @ 8:44am CDT
Re: G1 Replica Prowl Vehicle Up for Auction (1483326)
Posted by STngAR on April 30th, 2013 @ 9:41am CDT
Yeah, small towns and imports usually dont mix.

Nice looking car though. Wish you luck with the auction.
:MAXIMAL:
Re: G1 Replica Prowl Vehicle Up for Auction (1483342)
Posted by Trikeboy on April 30th, 2013 @ 10:30am CDT
My ultimate dream is to have a huge lot filled with real life vehicles of the G1 cast in custom paint jobs. If I had the space and money I would be all over this.
Re: G1 Replica Prowl Vehicle Up for Auction (1483421)
Posted by Rated X on April 30th, 2013 @ 3:37pm CDT
The car looks awesome but I'm not digging the name Prowl on the side doors. I guess it's illegal to write "Police" on a car. I once saw a Barricade replica missing the word police as well. Other than that it's spot on. Gotta love the early 90's Hammers and low pros he threw on. Yesterday I saw the original Porsche used for Dead End. It was driving but completely coated in primer. I was so envisioning if he painted it like the G1 toy.
Re: G1 Replica Prowl Vehicle Up for Auction (1483476)
Posted by Ultra Markus on April 30th, 2013 @ 8:19pm CDT
rpetras wrote:If I had infinite money, the real world counterparts to the G1 Autobot lineup is a thing I would have.

oh yeah, i would also have my own decepticon fleet of f-15s(of course i don't know how far i would get with that,even with infinite money)i can only dream!
Re: G1 Replica Prowl Vehicle Up for Auction (1483488)
Posted by LordTwann on April 30th, 2013 @ 9:36pm CDT
Love RL G1 cars. I saw the crane truck that was G1 grapple the other day in a junk yard. It was even yellow. There's also a replica of Long Haul on the side of the I-5 highway in Oregon, complete with Deception insignia.
I'm tempted by this, the old Datsun/Nissan Z series are really nice cars. My dream car is actually a Lancia Stratos, sadly it would cost near half a million for the car and the import. Luckily there are really fantastic kit car replicas. Of course I'd have to give it the allitalia paint job... =) Ah dreams...
Re: G1 Replica Prowl Vehicle Up for Auction (1483489)
Posted by LordTwann on April 30th, 2013 @ 9:37pm CDT
Ultra Markus wrote:

Yeah, sadly I'm pretty sure they're illegal to own.
Re: G1 Replica Prowl Vehicle Up for Auction (1483555)
Posted by Chainclaw on May 1st, 2013 @ 7:07am CDT
Thanks for the compliments, guys :)

Yeah, I wasn't thrilled about writing PROWL on the door either. I also hated not having HIGHWAY PATROL written in the white part on the top of the door. But as you guessed, they said if I did that I'd be "impersonating an officer of the law."

I wasn't permitted to plug the lightrack into the battery either. For that matter, I couldn't find one that'd fit a Datsun/Nissan, and on top of that, the guys at the fire department gave me a catalogue where I could order lightracks, and they cost as much as the car did. Luckily one of them was retiring so he sold me his for cheap. I had to take it to an Industrial Welding Shop though. They cut a section out of the middle, then butted the ends together and welded it back together. Because it originally had a chain going from one end to the other, making both sides turn, the chain had been cut through, and the lights never turned after that. Also a bummer.

MAACO also screwed up the paint job several ways. One was they painted one door handle white, but not the other.

Despite all these things though, I'm very attached to Prowl, and hate to see him go. In recent years though my health has been going downhill. So I know I'm never going to get out in the garage to do what needs done to get him running again. Better to sell him to someone who will fix him up, than hang on to him while the scraplets eat him.

-Christopher Kent Sr. :BOT:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy HEAT SCRAMBLE Transformers Starter Set TFD-00" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC War For Cybertron Siege Battle Masters Blowpipe MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Battle Masters - BLOWPIPE (NEW)" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE CYBERVERSE ADVENTURES WARRIOR MACE MASH GNAW (062)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Sludge Power of the Primes Combiner MOSC Sealed" on EBAY