G1 Style Barricade and Neo-Seeker Art from Guido Guidi

G1 Style Barricade and Neo-Seeker Art from Guido Guidi

Wednesday, January 18th, 2012 5:29pm CST

Categories: Comic Book News, People News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 50,794

Artist Guido Guidi has uploaded a couple of new pieces of art to his deviantART account, a G1 style Barricade and Neo-Seeker concept. Both are unofficial, but interesting for Transformers fans none the less. Check them out below

Another quick 100% digital drawing I did for fun only:
my own rendering of a G1 version of Tf Movie character Barricade, as if he appeared in the first G1 comics from the '80.

Obviously I ended using the Prowl/Smokescreen/Bluestreak models as template, combining elements from the 3 Autobots into a newer design.

NOT an official work, just did it for fun!

A warm-up digital drawing of a seeker-type robot
Just experimented a bit with the a more streamlined style (a la TF Animated/Prime style)

Edit:I didn't think about it as an actual transformer, it's more like an Action Master - hence, no altmode...sorry!

Credit(s): Guido Guidi

Re: G1 Style Barricade and Neo-Seeker Art from Guido Guidi (1335431)
Posted by Seibertron on January 18th, 2012 @ 6:07pm CST
And now I want an e-Hobby version of Prowl as Barricade.
Re: G1 Style Barricade and Neo-Seeker Art from Guido Guidi (1335433)
Posted by Burn on January 18th, 2012 @ 6:16pm CST
Seibertron wrote:And now I want an e-Hobby version of Prowl as Barricade.

I give someone a week before it's kitbashed.

But yes, an e-hobby version like this would be awesome. Forget trying to explain how he'd fit into the continuity, it's not necessary, it's just awesome.
Re: G1 Style Barricade and Neo-Seeker Art from Guido Guidi (1335444)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on January 18th, 2012 @ 6:37pm CST
Seibertron wrote:And now I want an e-Hobby version of Prowl as Barricade.

this, a thousand times this.
Re: G1 Style Barricade and Neo-Seeker Art from Guido Guidi (1335447)
Posted by Blackstreak on January 18th, 2012 @ 6:42pm CST
That Barricade is just a Decepticon version of Prowl. Not to say I don't like it, I do like it. Same model Cybertronian, same assembly line, but different faction.
Re: G1 Style Barricade and Neo-Seeker Art from Guido Guidi (1335448)
Posted by ausbot on January 18th, 2012 @ 6:46pm CST
Get on to it Ehobby, I'd also love to see more G1 Movie Designs! Whirl/Blackout?
Re: G1 Style Barricade and Neo-Seeker Art from Guido Guidi (1335457)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 18th, 2012 @ 7:06pm CST
Yet, there's already a G1 Barricade.

And a G1 Blackout.
Re: G1 Style Barricade and Neo-Seeker Art from Guido Guidi (1335466)
Posted by AnnaChristine on January 18th, 2012 @ 7:38pm CST
I think it looks more like Smokescreen with a Prowl twist. :)
Re: G1 Style Barricade and Neo-Seeker Art from Guido Guidi (1335469)
Posted by UltraPrimal on January 18th, 2012 @ 7:47pm CST

BTW, you can probably just take BotCon 2010 Streetstar, give him some reprolabels, and turn him into a Classics style G1 Barricade.
Re: G1 Style Barricade and Neo-Seeker Art from Guido Guidi (1335470)
Posted by Prime Evil on January 18th, 2012 @ 7:57pm CST
Want...no, NEED that Barricade like yesterday. :shock:
Re: G1 Style Barricade and Neo-Seeker Art from Guido Guidi (1335477)
Posted by triKlops on January 18th, 2012 @ 8:05pm CST
these look great
eHobby would make a killing on this
Re: G1 Style Barricade and Neo-Seeker Art from Guido Guidi (1335482)
Posted by funeralthirst7 on January 18th, 2012 @ 8:18pm CST
For the right price I'd be happy to buy one of those.
Re: G1 Style Barricade and Neo-Seeker Art from Guido Guidi (1335522)
Posted by Seibertron on January 18th, 2012 @ 11:35pm CST
UltraPrimal wrote:Didn't Guido Guidi "leave" Transformers? Like he wasn't going to draw Transformers anymore? Or am I thinking of someone else?

You're thinking of Don Figueroa. Guido Guidi is awesome. Easily my favorite Transformers artist from the past two decades.
Re: G1 Style Barricade and Neo-Seeker Art from Guido Guidi (1335544)
Posted by Michael Alex Kawa on January 19th, 2012 @ 1:00am CST
Very cool concepts on both ,i would love a figure ( like everyone else ) of Barricade :CON: .I do have both Micromaster Barricade :CON: and Black-Out :CON: ,so when the movie first came out i always thought it was cool they used those names .
Re: G1 Style Barricade and Neo-Seeker Art from Guido Guidi (1335557)
Posted by RhA on January 19th, 2012 @ 2:39am CST
How is it that no one thought of this before? It it awesome.
Re: G1 Style Barricade and Neo-Seeker Art from Guido Guidi (1335561)
Posted by Blurrz on January 19th, 2012 @ 3:22am CST
Burn wrote:
Seibertron wrote:And now I want an e-Hobby version of Prowl as Barricade.

I give someone a week before it's kitbashed.

Challenge easily accepted
Re: G1 Style Barricade and Neo-Seeker Art from Guido Guidi (1335570)
Posted by iaconportland on January 19th, 2012 @ 4:46am CST
The actual movie version is scarier lol, but I'm with everyone else - I would love to own one of these guys...
Re: G1 Style Barricade and Neo-Seeker Art from Guido Guidi (1335595)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on January 19th, 2012 @ 7:35am CST
RhA wrote:How is it that no one thought of this before? It it awesome.

Re: G1 Style Barricade and Neo-Seeker Art from Guido Guidi (1335598)
Posted by Marcdachamp on January 19th, 2012 @ 7:54am CST
Love it, especially Barricade. Really fits with the old TF Universe profile books. Cool stuff.
Re: G1 Style Barricade and Neo-Seeker Art from Guido Guidi (1335627)
Posted by AnotherSkywarpFan on January 19th, 2012 @ 9:25am CST
"I'm surprised nobody thought "SG Prowl". Seriously, I had that in mind before the sketch was even posted."

Yes. Hell, yes.

And the seeker looks better than what they came up with on Prime. They made Screamer look like a twerp.
Re: G1 Style Barricade and Neo-Seeker Art from Guido Guidi (1335674)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 19th, 2012 @ 11:06am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:I'm surprised nobody thought "SG Prowl". Seriously, I had that in mind before the sketch was even posted.
Hey, you know, that would work! I mean, there's currently no SG Prowl anyway, so, yeah, why not? :APPLAUSE:

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Netflix Megatron With Skelivore War for Cybertron New Sealed In Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Scourge/Sweeps Body Part, Right Side Shield" on EBAY
Buy "Armada of Cyclonus Scourge Sweep Set of 3 | Transformers Platinum Edition Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "2017 Transformers Collertors Club TFSS Series 5.0 Shattered Glass Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "G1 transformers Diamond Select bust Coronation Starscream 445/600 broken read" on EBAY
Buy "NEWinbox "Armada of Cyclonus" Hasbro Transformers 3pc Set Cyclonus+Sweep+Scourge" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BOTCON 2013 MACHINE WARS SUNSTORM #A" on EBAY