G1 Transformers Voice Actor Aron Kincaid passes away

G1 Transformers Voice Actor Aron Kincaid passes away

Saturday, January 8th, 2011 12:58pm CST

Categories: Cartoon News, People News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Delicon   Views: 71,688

Courtesy of the Los Angeles Times comes news of the passing of one of the original Transformers Generation 1 voice actors.

Aron Kincaid is most known to Transformers fans for providing the voice of Sky Lynx, but his credits certainly don't end there. Below is an excerpt of the article.

Aron Kincaid, an actor who appeared in 1960s "beach" movies such as "The Girls on the Beach" and "The Ghost in the Invisible Bikini" and later had careers as a model and an artist, has died. He was 70.

Kincaid, who lived in Beverly Hills, died of heart-related complications Thursday at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, said his longtime friend Rodney Kemerer.

The tall and handsome Kincaid was a UCLA student when he was spotted in a Los Angeles stage production by a casting agent and signed to a contract with Universal.

That led to a regular role in the final season of the sitcom "Bachelor Father" in 1962 — as Warren Dawson, the junior partner of John Forsythe's Hollywood attorney Bentley Gregg. Dawson becomes engaged to Gregg's niece, Kelly, played by Noreen Corcoran.

Kincaid later appeared with Corcoran in the 1965 comedy "The Girls on the Beach" and had roles in "Beach Ball" and "Ski Party," and made what was billed as a "guest appearance" in "Dr. Goldfoot and the Bikini Machine" — as well as appearing in "The Happiest Millionaire, "The Proud and the Damned" and other movies.

Kincaid, who also made guest appearances on series such as "The Beverly Hillbillies" and "Get Smart," moved to San Francisco in the early 1970s and launched a successful career as a model.

He also had a 20-year voice-over career in hundreds of commercials and did voice work on animated TV series such as "Smurfs," "Jonny Quest" and "The Transformers."

To read the original article, click here. You may also view his IMDb page by clicking here.

Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Credit(s): LA Times

Re: G1 Transformers Voice Actor Aron Kincaid passes away (1166904)
Posted by D_J_D_99 on January 8th, 2011 @ 1:12pm CST
This is sad news. My condolences to his family.
Re: G1 Transformers Voice Actor Aron Kincaid passes away (1166906)
Posted by Editor on January 8th, 2011 @ 1:12pm CST
Condolences to his friends and those close to him.
Re: G1 Transformers Voice Actor Aron Kincaid passes away (1166911)
Posted by GetRightRobot on January 8th, 2011 @ 1:30pm CST
To Mr. Kincaid's friends and families, I am sorry for your loss.
Re: G1 Transformers Voice Actor Aron Kincaid passes away (1166913)
Posted by It Is Him on January 8th, 2011 @ 1:33pm CST
RIP
Re: G1 Transformers Voice Actor Aron Kincaid passes away (1166915)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on January 8th, 2011 @ 1:41pm CST
Condolences and may he rest in peace. :(
Re: G1 Transformers Voice Actor Aron Kincaid passes away (1166945)
Posted by God Optimus Prime on January 8th, 2011 @ 3:11pm CST
My condolences to his family and friends. R.I.P. Aron Kincaid. God bless your soul.
Re: G1 Transformers Voice Actor Aron Kincaid passes away (1166991)
Posted by T-Macksimus on January 8th, 2011 @ 4:46pm CST
Deepest sympathies go out to his family and friends.
Re: G1 Transformers Voice Actor Aron Kincaid passes away (1167007)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on January 8th, 2011 @ 5:09pm CST
RIP.
I always hated Sky-Lynx, haha. But I liked hating him, so... I bet Sky-Lynx is one of the main reasons Bots became Decepticons, to stop his constant yammering as he ego tripped all over the skyways, haha.
:CON:
Re: G1 Transformers Voice Actor Aron Kincaid passes away (1167010)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 8th, 2011 @ 5:13pm CST
Re: G1 Transformers Voice Actor Aron Kincaid passes away (1167011)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on January 8th, 2011 @ 5:14pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:Not poking fun here, but the original voice actors of G1 are starting to drop like flies. I really hate to see them go like this, but at least they're in voice-actor heaven, where they can voice any character they want. Ok, that sounded really bad, didn't it? :-(

haha nah man, it's cool. Although i'm sure they're busy eating a million hamburgers instead.... I wouldn't do anything remotely work related in heaven, haha.
Re: G1 Transformers Voice Actor Aron Kincaid passes away (1167013)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on January 8th, 2011 @ 5:15pm CST
MINDVVIPE wrote:RIP.
:CON:

Yeah. He did a great job with the voice.
Re: G1 Transformers Voice Actor Aron Kincaid passes away (1167016)
Posted by First-Aid on January 8th, 2011 @ 5:16pm CST
MINDVVIPE wrote:

haha nah man, it's cool. Death is a way of life. Not treating it with positivity is the biggest disrespect to the deceased.

Wording may be unusual but the sentiment is clear. Unfortunately it's just another sign of how old the rest of us are getting.

Rest In Peace, Aron. Prayers to your family.
Re: G1 Transformers Voice Actor Aron Kincaid passes away (1167017)
Posted by dragons on January 8th, 2011 @ 5:17pm CST
im not good at things liek this you will be missed
Re: G1 Transformers Voice Actor Aron Kincaid passes away (1167027)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on January 8th, 2011 @ 5:48pm CST
RIP
Re: G1 Transformers Voice Actor Aron Kincaid passes away (1167034)
Posted by GEEWUN on January 8th, 2011 @ 6:08pm CST
At first i disliked Sky Lynx, but he became one of my favorite characters in season 3.....

God Bless his soul
Re: G1 Transformers Voice Actor Aron Kincaid passes away (1167073)
Posted by Badass Grimlock on January 8th, 2011 @ 7:11pm CST
Rest in peace, Mr. Kincaid.

I guess Sky Lynx won't be saving the day again? :(
Re: G1 Transformers Voice Actor Aron Kincaid passes away (1167074)
Posted by The Potentate on January 8th, 2011 @ 7:16pm CST
May he rest in peace.
Re: G1 Transformers Voice Actor Aron Kincaid passes away (1167120)
Posted by Elita One on January 8th, 2011 @ 8:20pm CST

Hence why I really want to get to Botcon sooner rather than later.Neither the actors or my self aint getting any younger (I turn 29 in April) so stuff it. Mate what you said is not bad at all, at least you are free of pain, sadness or whatever when you die so it's a positive thing. I think that my boyfriend who I lost almost five years ago is up there happy and keeping an eye on me. Sorry slighty off topic my condolences to Mr. Kincaid's family and friends.
Re: G1 Transformers Voice Actor Aron Kincaid passes away (1167155)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on January 8th, 2011 @ 10:21pm CST
I also loved his Killer Croc from the Batman cartoon.

"So I ran into Batman... and I threw a ROCK at 'im!"
Re: G1 Transformers Voice Actor Aron Kincaid passes away (1167475)
Posted by Skyfire77 on January 9th, 2011 @ 6:05pm CST
Supreme Convoy wrote:I also loved his Killer Croc from the Batman cartoon.

"So I ran into Batman... and I threw a ROCK at 'im!"

Almost Got 'Im, the best episode of Batman: TAS.

RIP, Mr. Kincaid.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #292 - Planet of Junk
"Planet of Junk"
Posted: Tuesday, January 18th, 2022

Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise RID Sideswipe Figure Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Stomp And Chomp 20" Grimlock Dinosaur Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct-Bots AOE Dinofire Grimlock & Optimus Prime NIB" on EBAY
Buy "2015 TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE 30TH PLATINUM EDITION ONE SHALL STAND ONE SHALL FALL" on EBAY
Buy "New Playskool Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Mr. Potato Head - Bumble Spud" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Roar and Rescue Bumblebee Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 15BB Buzzworthy Bumblebee Hasbro Studio Series Sealed/New In Box" on EBAY
Buy "Mr Potato Head Mini Mixable Mashable Transformers Hightide Loose Figure nice" on EBAY