Transformers News: Gallery and Video for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display at #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC

Friday, July 20th, 2018 9:21AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 23,490

It seems like fans just can't get enough of the upcoming "2019" Transformers War for Cybertron Siege line, which should be available toward the end of this year. So, for you all we have a complete gallery of the display shown during the SDCC 2018 breakfast event.

So amongst that seemingly civil war carnage (where are all the Decepticons at?) you can find:
Hound
Battle Master Lionizer
Micromasters two packs Battle Patrol, Race Patrol, Rescue Patrol
COG
Ironhide
Chromia
Leader class Ultra Magnus

You can also see the official renders here.

For a view of the whole gallery, you can click on any of the images below. And be sure to let us know, if you have not already, which of these you are most looking foward to.

Also, we have a video of the display so be sure to check that out too.

Transformers News: Gallery for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display at

Transformers News: Gallery for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display at

Transformers News: Gallery for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display at

Transformers News: Gallery for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display at

Transformers News: Gallery for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display at

Transformers News: Gallery for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display at

Transformers News: Gallery for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display at
Re: Gallery and Video for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display at #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC (1972672)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on July 20th, 2018 @ 9:22am CDT
I am loving that new Ironhide. Everyone looks fantastic but there are some needs and wants(though "need" technically leans towards "want"). Prime, Sideswipe, and Ironhide are needs because I don't have any version of them yet for CHUG. Wants are Ultra Magnus, but I have the CW Leader, Hound, but I have the Universe Deluxe. Everyone is a want though. I love everything here and this line shows that Hasbro DOES listen to the fans, and loves them too. ;)^ :HASBRO:

BTW, weapons-oriented gimmicks are definitely fine with me. I prefer it actually.
Re: Gallery and Video for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display at #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC (1972674)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 20th, 2018 @ 9:27am CDT
Re: Gallery and Video for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display at #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC (1972678)
Posted by Overcracker on July 20th, 2018 @ 9:33am CDT
I need that Magnus in my life. :DANCE: :ic$:

White Cab, that is not a repaint of Optimus + Armor / Trailer. :HALUC:

At least Ironhide is suitably Cybertronian.
Re: Gallery and Video for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display at #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC (1972681)
Posted by MagicDeath on July 20th, 2018 @ 9:36am CDT
I’m not sure about all the greebling, especially on Mags. Still looks like a great line on the whole, though.
Re: Gallery and Video for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display at #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC (1972682)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on July 20th, 2018 @ 9:37am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:still want to know if you could put magnus armour on prime...

I'm going to say that is a no. Look at the arms. The armor slides over UM's arms. Prime arms have truck kibble that would be in the way.
Re: Gallery and Video for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display at #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC (1972688)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 20th, 2018 @ 9:44am CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:still want to know if you could put magnus armour on prime...

Aww, that's a shame as that would have been quite fun and enhanced playability between the two. Especially since it looks like the white cab started life as the op mold before the changes were done to make the rid2001 alt
Re: Gallery and Video for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display at #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC (1972692)
Posted by william-james88 on July 20th, 2018 @ 9:48am CDT
o.supreme wrote:So...who wants to translate the Cybertronian (or is it Japanese...I cant tell...) on Stakeout's Car Door, being so obvious this time around, I would hope it would not be something offensive to some, or at least it could be caught in time for Hasbro to make the change...

I think it says Trump 2020

jk it says Police

ZeroWolf wrote:Okay...I'm going back on what I said earlier but ironhide as won me over, I love his hammer. Hound is making me reconsider as well...still want to know if you could put magnus armour on prime...

I highly doubt that since voyager optimus is a very different mold from the smallr inner white prime.

-Crossfire- wrote:
Lionizer: He's back! Is he packed with anyone, or is seperate like Firedrive?

Seperate like Firedrive
Re: Gallery and Video for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display at #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC (1972701)
Posted by leokearon on July 20th, 2018 @ 10:43am CDT
Still waiting for some Cons, otherwise it isn't going to be much of a war (unless it is going to be an Autobot Civil Wa)
Re: Gallery and Video for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display at #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC (1972703)
Posted by o.supreme on July 20th, 2018 @ 10:49am CDT
mordhelm wrote:Where is the confirmation that she does not combine?

o.supreme wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:

Bad News....I'm not seeing a 5mm on the front bumper, pretty sure Chromia is not a combiner component :-( .

william-james88 wrote:This is what Hasbro said at the panel:

Removing the gimmick element Prime Wars moved into paying attention to the characters, in terms of pose ability, articulation and more in the engineering, as the weaponizing element of Micro and Battle Masters allow for playability.

DecepticonFinishline wrote:She is. But it doesn't make up for all the sacrifices that Elita-1's design had to make in order to combine. Just so that they could give us a Chromia, from a combining mold, that doesn't combine. It feels like a decision made with malice....

Trust me, as probably the biggest fan of combiners here, I get the sentiment. But I don't know if it was done with malice, it seems often there are so many "cooks in the kitchen", things easily get overlooked.

Developer: OK we want to recreate the pair Ironhide & Chromia.
Developer 2: -OK we have a great fembot mold,but we aren't doing combiners for this line so we just have to remove that.

I don't know...I know it goes against Hasbro's MO for the past several lines, especially since there was bleeding over form T30 into CW, and every line after that. One would think it would require more effort to remove the Combiner functionality, but who knows...Even if the 5MM holes are gone, if that Combiner Port is still there (which it probably isn't), I'm definitely going to try to find a way to alter Chromia to make her a limb ;) .

Now I have a question of my own....Does anyone think this line will have a Titan, if so what should it be.... 8-)
Re: Gallery and Video for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display at #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC (1972706)
Posted by william-james88 on July 20th, 2018 @ 11:09am CDT
Bucky wrote: On a side note, now I’m wondering if William-James and company has ever done a top five list for best/worst gimmicks.

We did Top 5 Best :) https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... oys/35702/

As for Top 5 worst, I dont really think the gimmicks are bad themselves its just that they are poorly executed on some toys.
Re: Gallery and Video for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display at #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC (1972707)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 20th, 2018 @ 11:09am CDT
o.supreme wrote:
mordhelm wrote:Where is the confirmation that she does not combine?

o.supreme wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:

william-james88 wrote:This is what Hasbro said at the panel:

Developer: OK we want to recreate the pair Ironhide & Chromia.

As for chromia...couldn't you just get a spare moonracer or nova star and do a head swap and a nice new paint job?
Re: Gallery and Video for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display at #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC (1972710)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 20th, 2018 @ 11:20am CDT
Still not really a fan of any of these. I don't mind the aesthetic with all that detailing and such, it's just there aren't really many characters here I've ever had much interest in and those vehicle modes are mostly just too blocky for me. Oddly my fave bit is those transparent bits used to make the weapons look like they're firing. I've always liked that kind of thing on action figures and occasionally made some crappy attempts at my own addons for my TFs.

Yeah mine look crappy but you get the idea.
Re: Gallery and Video for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display at #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC (1972711)
Posted by o.supreme on July 20th, 2018 @ 11:22am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:I think this titan should be omega supreme, complete the devey/omega rivalry and then in the second part of wfc, give us scorpy.

That could be a way to go...I'm not really a talented painter however so I'd have to commission it. Also 100% Agreed on who the Titan should be, for obvious reasons ;) (also it fits especially with the Cybertron setting)...as to whether we'll get one or not...that remains to be seen.
Re: Gallery and Video for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display at #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC (1972713)
Posted by Cobotron on July 20th, 2018 @ 11:32am CDT
o.supreme wrote:

I wonder if there would be a way to just kit bash a combiner port back into Chromia and forgo having to paint anything? :-?

OF course that would all depend on if you could find a spare Moonracer. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Gallery and Video for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display at #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC (1972721)
Posted by mentre83 on July 20th, 2018 @ 12:35pm CDT
Loving this line.

I'm especially fond of the RiD-esque Ultra Magnus (probably "THE" Ultra Magnus, speaking of IDW comics continuity) and Cog, which might transform into some weaponry for Fortress Maximus (and if that is the case, I want a Sixguns for Metroplex too).

I also like the new Micromasters.
Re: Gallery and Video for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display at #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC (1972722)
Posted by blackeyedprime on July 20th, 2018 @ 12:38pm CDT
Easy passes for me on half of them. Liking the RID look Ultra Magnus but not sure if it can carry cars. Haven't picked up a Chromia yet, so that might be a purchase down the line tho it's between her and hound that are the worst looking of the line so far to me.
Cogs the one must for me so far.

I wouldn't mind if the Titans of this line are completely made up/purpose deigned bases/toys for the micromasters.
Re: Gallery and Video for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display at #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC (1972730)
Posted by william-james88 on July 20th, 2018 @ 1:51pm CDT
Just to give the names of the micromasters and show their combined forms

Re: Gallery and Video for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display at #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC (1972731)
Posted by Skritz on July 20th, 2018 @ 1:52pm CDT
Two of them look good, but the Race Patrol is just two cars stuck on top of each others. Ugly.
Re: Gallery and Video for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display at #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC (1972732)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 20th, 2018 @ 2:02pm CDT
As a friendly reminder to everyone in this thread, I before E except for C. ;)
Re: Gallery and Video for Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display at #SDCC2018 #HasbroSDCC (1972734)
Posted by o.supreme on July 20th, 2018 @ 2:13pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:As a friendly reminder to everyone in this thread, I before E except for C. ;)

Eighty feisty, ableit dreich, reigning sovereign sheikhs' heirs, deifing society, inveigled a weird foreign leisurely scientist's fanciest eight rottweilers to forfeit sufficient obeisance, veiling a heinous seismic gneiss vein heist, wherein they abseiled heights of neighboring ancient lithofacies, heigh-ho-ing their weighty freight with beige greige skeins, later efficiently surfeiting on stupefacient codeine.

But yeah Siege... ;)