Transformers News: Gallery and video of the new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair

Saturday, February 16th, 2019 8:51PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: notirishman   Views: 16,747

NY Toy Fair 2019 had many awesome displays for their toylines, one obviously being Studio Series. Stock renders were revealed a day earlier, most likely on accident.

Our site owner, Seibertron, along with megatronus, were there to take some great images of the figures shown off at Hasbro's booth. As is tradition, a video was also taken, which you can view below. These pictures and the video give us a great look at these upcoming figures for 2019.

While not all the figures are new, we can see:
Deluxe:
Drift (Age of Extinction Helicopter)
Dropkick (Bumblebee Car)
Shatter (Bumblebee Car)
Constructicon Hightower (Revenge of the Fallen)
Constructicon Scrapmetal (Revenge of the Fallen)
Barricade (2007)
Clunker Bumblebee (2007)
Sideswipe (Dark of the Moon)
WWII Bumblebee (The Last Knight)
Cogman (The Last Knight)

Voyager:
KSI Boss (Age of Extinction)
Optimus Prime (Bumblebee)
Optimus Prime (2007)
Bonecrusher (2007)

Leader:
Optimus Prime (Dark of the Moon Jetwing)
Jetfire (Revenge of the Fallen)
Megatron (Dark of the Moon)

Click on any of the images below to view the gallery, or click here

You can view all of our galleries from the 2019 New York Toy Fair by clicking here and you can see all the videos from the 2019 New York Toy Fair by clicking here.

Re: Gallery and video of the new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2010973)
Posted by Ironhidensh on February 16th, 2019 @ 8:57pm CST
notirishman wrote:While not all the figures are new

None of the figures are new. There was not one single new reveal in the whole presentation. >:oP

Anyway, on to happy news.......

I broke down and picked this guy up at Target today. I hate myself a little for paying full redcard price, but I was tired of walking past him every day. Really great figure, does a horrible design amazing justice. I highly recommend.
Re: Gallery and video of the new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2010974)
Posted by william-james88 on February 16th, 2019 @ 9:04pm CST
Ironhidensh wrote:
notirishman wrote:While not all the figures are new

Anyway, on to happy news.......

Come on, give the guy a break, if not for Walmart jumping the gun and internet savy people unearthing stuff, a lot of stuff would have been new today. Plus, this is the first time we see those figures outside of renders (after 1 day of them having been leaked).

Anyways, your taste keeps surprising me, I would have thought that you'd hate that megatron for being a small leader and having the truck cab visibly hollow.
Re: Gallery and video of the new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2010978)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on February 16th, 2019 @ 9:30pm CST
Ironhidensh wrote:The legs on drift are not good at all. That mold is just a total loss.

The legs here are mistransformed, that's why they look terrible, otherwise Drift makes this mold shine better than Dropkick
Re: Gallery and video of the new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2010983)
Posted by Ironhidensh on February 16th, 2019 @ 9:42pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

My apologies, that was not meant to be directed at him, just my overall frustration with the show, and direction of the brand in general, bleeding out. Very little coming out that I'm interested in, and what there is, has ridiculous price tags.....

Now, comfortable in life, and with plenty of disposable income, price has become one of my number one determing factors in buying figures.
Re: Gallery and video of the new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2010992)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on February 16th, 2019 @ 10:12pm CST
Ironhidensh wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

I am similarly underwhelmed so far. I mean sure, what we’ve seen is good, but it’s nothing we haven’t actually seen before yet. I’m hoping there is more in next couple days.

And I don’t know if the brand is bleeding out just yet. Siege seems to be doing well, and there are still two more parts to this trilogy. Sure everything is very GEEWUN right now, but there’s still room for other homages.
Re: Gallery and video of the new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2010996)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 16th, 2019 @ 10:41pm CST
Ig89ninja wrote:So we have 2 normal Constructicons (Long Haul and Scrapmetal), and 2 unique ones (Hightower and Rampage), I wonder what the ratio of normal and unique constructicons will be. We know Scavenger is a unique while Mixmaster is somewhere in between unique and normal

Define normal and unique.
Re: Gallery and video of the new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2011000)
Posted by Ig89ninja on February 16th, 2019 @ 11:04pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Define normal and unique.

Normal would be a transformer with a humanoid body shape in robot mode

Unique would be any of the more extravagant designs (like T-Rex Hightower and the big wheel Scavenger)
Re: Gallery and video of the new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2011004)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on February 16th, 2019 @ 11:38pm CST
Ig89ninja wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Define normal and unique.

Normal would be a transformer with a humanoid body shape in robot mode

Primus I cannot wait for leader class demolisher with his ridiculous wheels, and hopefully articulated arms :KREMZEEK:
Re: Gallery and video of the new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2011006)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 16th, 2019 @ 11:45pm CST
Ig89ninja wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Define normal and unique.

Normal would be a transformer with a humanoid body shape in robot mode

As all characters (aside from Scrapmetal) have been released in RotF as Legends Class:

Scavenger/Demolishor: unique
Mixmaster: normal
Overload: normal
Rampage: unique
Long Haul: normal
Scrapper: normal
Hightower: unique
Scrapmetal: normal
Re: Gallery and video of the new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2011007)
Posted by Wireless_Phantom on February 16th, 2019 @ 11:47pm CST
I think I'll get Cogman and Drift and probably none of the other new reveals. I would get Devastator, but Siege has made that...financially unrealistic we'll say.
Re: Gallery and video of the new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2011011)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on February 17th, 2019 @ 1:57am CST
Ironhidensh wrote:I dunno. When I was young and had no to very little money, I'd buy everything I liked, and a lot I didn't, and almost never worry about price.

I'm still very much the first one and probably always will be. Ah well it's not too bad. Luckily the only recent TF line I enjoy is Studio Series and although that alone can be quite expensive for me I do alright (mostly having had sold off the majority of my past figures, both TF and not) :) :michaelbay:
Re: Gallery and video of the new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2011042)
Posted by DMSL on February 17th, 2019 @ 8:15am CST
Looks great and i would be all over this if Hasbro didn't both up the scale so much. Some folks and Hasbro can say it is accurate, but it is as Obvious as a sore thumb that it is not.
Re: Gallery and video of the new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2011086)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on February 17th, 2019 @ 2:32pm CST
Pre-ordered DOTM Optimus! Now I just have to wait. . .

. . .a little over 6 months. :shock:

At least I'll have wave 5 to tie me over till then, I'll be picking up DOTM Megatron in about a month. Sideswipe, WWII Bee, and maybe Barricade at some point too.
Re: Gallery and video of the new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2011110)
Posted by I_AM... MEGATRON! on February 17th, 2019 @ 4:57pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Ig89ninja wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Define normal and unique.

Normal would be a transformer with a humanoid body shape in robot mode

Scavenger/Demolishor: unique
Mixmaster: normal
Overload: normal
Rampage: unique
Long Haul: normal
Scrapper: normal
Hightower: unique
Scrapmetal: normal

Overload...normal?

The thought of possibly getting this in Leader-class form...drool.
Re: Gallery and video of the new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2011116)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 17th, 2019 @ 5:08pm CST

Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Overload Gallery
Re: Gallery and video of the new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2011121)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on February 17th, 2019 @ 5:37pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:His robot mode was never shown (outside of comics), so who knows? For engineering sake though, it could go more like this:

Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Overload Gallery

For sanity's sake I hope it looks more like that :lol: I love the monster look, but dear god that'd be a headache to transform properly for me #-o
Re: Gallery and video of the new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2011122)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on February 17th, 2019 @ 5:38pm CST
Ironhidensh wrote:
notirishman wrote:Anyway, on to happy news.......

Can you convince me to buy this guy by showing me that his lower legs aren't as kibble-ridden as I've seen?

It seemed like they stuck out really far to the rear. Thanks!
Re: Gallery and video of the new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2011152)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on February 17th, 2019 @ 10:47pm CST

Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Overload Gallery

BORING
Re: Gallery and video of the new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2011176)
Posted by carytheone on February 18th, 2019 @ 8:05am CST
Separated at birth?

TRexArmTwins.jpg
Re: Gallery and video of the new Studio Series toys at NY Toy Fair 2019 #tfny #hasbrotoyfair (2011223)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on February 18th, 2019 @ 2:44pm CST
Got my jetfire today from hasbro pulse, and man, he is like all the worst panel-formers on steroids, his shell literally cannot tab into the places that they're supposed to go, total waste of time to even try >:oP

Love the actual transformation though, I always knew that they could pull it off if they got rid of the useless voice box on the old guys, they always took up so much space :roll:

Bot mode is really nice, can't wait to combine him up with prime when I get him

So, overall, if you don't want him for the bot mode, avoid at all costs, especially now that we've seen the new flying prime figure >:oP

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #219 - Big Cat Convoy
"Big Cat Convoy"
Posted: Monday, March 18th, 2019

Buy "Transformers AoE Bumblebee VS Lockdown" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction AOE Scorn Dinobot 2013 Hasbro New on Card" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Hollywood Rides Metals Die Cast Truck Jada Car Toys" on EBAY
Buy "HIGH OCTANE BUMBLEBEE TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION ACTION FIGURE, UNOPENED" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers  AOE Age Extinction Deluxe Class Dinobot Strafe, MISP MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe Class Scorn Figure NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Voyager Scorn Dinobot Figure AOE TLK The Last Knight Voyager" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Thrilling 30 Sky-Byte Generations New" on EBAY