Transformers News: Gallery and Video of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display from #NYCC 2018

Thursday, October 4th, 2018 8:22PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 12,787

Seibertron.com is giving you all the information available from New York Comic Con, and with so many different lines we have several new videos and official images to show you of the new revealed figures!

First up, we have the highly anticipated War for Cybertron: Siege Decepticons, including the likes of Megatron, Shockwave, Flywheels, Reflector, Brunt, Whisper, Storm Cloud and more!

We have both a video of the show floor and diorama as well as a great gallery for you. Both give us some great shots of the table where all the figures were displayed, including an awesome scenery created by John Warden himself!

Check out our video below, and click on the iamges to be brought to the full gallery.

Let us know what you think of these awesome new cons below!

Transformers News: Seibertron.com Gallery and Video of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege from #NYCC

Re: Gallery and Video of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display from #NYCC 2018 (1987720)
Posted by Highbrowseyebrows on October 4th, 2018 @ 8:36pm CDT
Around 5:15ish you can see the soundwave lamppost mode its just painted to look like the scenery
Re: Gallery and Video of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display from #NYCC 2018 (1987723)
Posted by kurthy on October 4th, 2018 @ 8:47pm CDT
I'm really not a fan of the weathering. Looks like I'll need to apply some alcohol when it's not applied on top of paint. [-(

I like the Cons displayed much more than the bots, but I really hope that refractor is at least 2 to a case. Short packing him would be frustrating.

Why are they shooting swizzlesticks?
Re: Gallery and Video of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display from #NYCC 2018 (1987725)
Posted by Skritz on October 4th, 2018 @ 9:08pm CDT
Now if Megatron came with a big, purple laser-effect for his fusion cannon that might make him a bit more worthwhile. :-?
Re: Gallery and Video of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display from #NYCC 2018 (1987729)
Posted by notirishman on October 4th, 2018 @ 9:28pm CDT
Thanks to Hasbro themselves, we have some clean stock photos of the Siege: War for Cybertron figures from New York Comic-Con 2018, which was covered here.

The big reveal here is Siege Deluxe Class Red Alert, seen utilizing Brunt's parts. This was quite unexpected, since he wasn't found anywhere today.

We also now have stock photos for the Siege toys using the tech-y background! These stock photos come from Hasbro's Facebook and Instagram.

We also have John Warden's (design manager for Transformers) design notes on these products:

-WFC VOYAGER MEGATRON was designed with Scale in mind. He is perfectly in scale with WFC VOYAGER OPTIMUS PRIME, and draws influence from his appearance in the 1984 Pilot Episode of the TRANSFORMERS animated series.
-His alt form is a newly designed CYBERTRONIAN Tank, but his robot form is based on his G1 appearance.
MEGATRON also includes a Sword, which is designed based on the rare 1985 Japanese Exclusive release of MEGATRON. The Sword and the classic arm-cannon can convert and merge together to form high-powered custom artillery
-WFC VOYAGER STARSCREAM is perfectly scaled to stand along other WFC characters, and is based on the original scale charts from the 1984 G1 animated series.
-STARSCREAM can convert to his classic G1 TETRAJET alt form, a version of this famous character which has never been seen before in toy form.
-STARSCREAM will feature his iconic NULL RAY cannons as accessory parts.
His Robot form is fully detailed and is based on the original model-sheet art used to create the iconic character from the 1984 animated series.
-WFC VOYAGER SOUNDWAVE is faithfully based on the original model-sheet art used to create the iconic character from the 1984 animated series.
-SOUNDWAVE features articulation and a posed-out hand that allows him to stand in his classic “EJECT” pose, with his finger on the eject button.
-MICROMASTER SPY PATROL LASERBEAK and RAVAGE (Sold Separately) can fit inside his cassette bay.
SOUNDWAVE’s alt form is a newly designed CYBERTRON Patrol Hovercraft, with a docking bay for the Cassette Bots in the back.
-Fans of the 1984 pilot episode will be pleased to know that SOUNDWAVE can be converted into a third “Easter egg” mode… a “CYBERTRONIAN Sensor Lamp”!
-WFC DELUXE REFRAKTOR is the perfect soldier to build your DECEPTICON army! This is the most screen-accurate version of this classic trooper ever created for TRANSFORMERS fans.
-REFRAKTOR comes with three accessory parts, a blaster, a battlefield shield, and a chest module. The chest module allows fans to customize their REFRAKTORS to create various versions and recreate their appearance in the G1 cartoon series.
-REFRAKTOR can convert into a CYBERTRONIAN Artillery Hovercraft vehicle, and die-hard fans can combine THREE of the same REFRAKTORS (Sold Separately) to create his classic Camera Mode, complete with Zoom Lens and Tripod!

Re: Gallery and Video of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display from #NYCC 2018 (1987730)
Posted by Skritz on October 4th, 2018 @ 9:41pm CDT
While I am happy that Aimless is a thing, I'm quite sad he's not only a slight retool of Blowpipe but also the reveal that Blowpipe himself is just a near straight-up redeco of Firedrive. It seems all ranged Battlemasters share the same engineering.

Lame! :-x
Re: Gallery and Video of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display from #NYCC 2018 (1987731)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on October 4th, 2018 @ 9:42pm CDT
Anyone else notice from the display photos that Megatron and possibly Skytread/Flywheels appear to be the finished plastic instead of hand painted? Megs for certain, couldn't get a really good view of Flywheels, but he doesn't seem to have obvious hand painting like the others.
Re: Gallery and Video of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display from #NYCC 2018 (1987740)
Posted by nycPrime on October 4th, 2018 @ 10:36pm CDT
Looks like I'll finally be able to save money on this line. Think I'm only in for a few of the battle masters and deluxes, and of course Omega. As of now I have no interest in any of the announced voyagers and leaders.
Re: Gallery and Video of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display from #NYCC 2018 (1987741)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on October 4th, 2018 @ 10:39pm CDT
So question, because I think this probably was overshadowed in people's thoughts by the actual toy reveals: Did both of the posters get checked for secret writing, or just the Megatron one because we could see some of it in the pictures?
Re: Gallery and Video of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display from #NYCC 2018 (1987747)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on October 4th, 2018 @ 11:05pm CDT
You think we'll get a new Battletrap that goes with the style of Flywheels?
Re: Gallery and Video of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display from #NYCC 2018 (1987748)
Posted by william-james88 on October 4th, 2018 @ 11:13pm CDT
They are not showing us if voyager Shockwave can turn into anything. Pretty sure thats cause he turns into a space gun. There is clearly a handle right where it should be on that alt mode.
Re: Gallery and Video of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display from #NYCC 2018 (1987749)
Posted by Albatross250 on October 4th, 2018 @ 11:28pm CDT
Yes! Brunt! i guess Full-Tilt has finally have a partner :x

I wonder what mold will Fasttrack be?
Re: Gallery and Video of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display from #NYCC 2018 (1987750)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on October 4th, 2018 @ 11:49pm CDT
Woohoo! Red Alert has his red helmet! I'm totally all in now on trading in my Henkei Swipe and Alert for Siege Sideswipe and Red Alert. I'll also probably use my extra Unite Warriors Streaker as Sunstreaker in my Classics display.

I'm not too upset about Soundwave's alt mode. It at least looks alien. I do like that it can form the lamp post from "More than Meets the Eye: Part 1" as well. The only thing that upsets me is that he's got YELLOW optics. Why not red, Hasbro!? They're trying to be as G1 cartoon accurate with other characters' colors, but they drop the ball on Soundwave's eyes!

Ravage looks a bit chunky, though, and I don't like that Laserbeak's head is just a featureless canopy. I'm hoping Reprolabels will some up with a sticker to put over the yellow "visor" to give Laserbeak proper eyes, and maybe a little something to make his beak yellow as well. I'm hoping we get at lest a Rumble and Frenzy pack along with Buzzsaw and Ratbat, though it makes me wonder if they will cut into more traditional Micromaster teams for the Decepticons.

Megatron looks fantastic. Bought on sight! I hope the sword can stow on his back in robot mode.

Starscream looks great too. Finally, a proper "Tetrajet" form for him. More importantly, though, it's a decent VOYAGER sized robot mode seeker mold, at long last! With any luck, even if Skywarp isn't released at regular retail like Thundercracker almost certainly will, he'll see distribution as an exclusive or as part of a box set down the line.

Shockwave looks perfect. It's a shame he'll be expensive, as he's being put into the Leader class with a whole bunch of...spare arms and legs? At least the extra parts are optional and we can have a perfectly normal Voyager sized Shockwave displayed and put the extra stuff in storage. It's nice to finally have a proper Classics Shockwave at last. So long, Cyberbattalion Shockwave from Walgreens!

Reflector was an AWESOME surprise! He looks perfect! I will not rest until I have bought three of him. I like the extra touch that his robot mode can be modified to include or exclude the camera lens on his abdomen. (With that kind of attention to cartoon detail, you'd think they'd get Soundwave's eyes right, but no! *grumble, grumble, grumble*). Also, to anyone who is confused or upset that Reflector is Deluxe sized, he IS actually in scale this way. Going back to the Sunbow style guides and scale charts, Reflector is supposed to be just about as tall as one of the Autobot cars like Wheeljack or Hound.

Brunt is a nice not so surprising surprise, since I felt he'd be a natural pick for a Decepticon Deluxe "Weaponizer," and we know of Cog and likely Sixgun already for the Autobots.

Flywheels looks great. He's a perfect update of his G1 self. It's a shame he doesn't have two smaller robot modes for each individual vehicle mode, like Battletrap from Power of the Primes, but Flywheels and Battletrap will still look great together on display, and you can even mix and match their tops and bottoms, allegedly! That's still pretty good!

Whisper and Storm Cloud look great. I'll be getting ALL of the Micromasters. There's no reason not to.

As for the Decepticon "Weaponmasters," they're okay. I'll be getting all of the Weaponmasters too, if only for the laser fire and explosion effects they come with. The Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Targetmasters are far superior and will remain the definitive "Classics" versions on my Classics display shelves.
Re: Gallery and Video of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display from #NYCC 2018 (1987756)
Posted by Triggerdick Megatron on October 5th, 2018 @ 12:35am CDT
Nice surprise that they showed off the Siege decepticons.

Battle Masters: Great.
Micromasters: Great.
Skytread: Good. Triple changer or duocon? I hope triple changer.
Refraktor: Meh...
Brunt: Great.
Megatron: Fantastic!
Soundwave: Great.
Shockwave: Great.
Starscream: Robot mode is great but only from the front. Robot back and alt mode are just awful... (Am I the only one who thinks this?)
Red Alert: Good.
Confirmation of Titan class Omega Supreme: Good. I hope the tank also has a space base and rocket and it's not TOO much of a partsformer.

(There are some things money can't buy, for everything else... Never mind...)
Re: Gallery and Video of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display from #NYCC 2018 (1987760)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on October 5th, 2018 @ 1:40am CDT
Re: Gallery and Video of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display from #NYCC 2018 (1987761)
Posted by Va'al on October 5th, 2018 @ 2:26am CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:...anyone have any idea why TFWiki claims that we're getting a Soundblaster repaint from the just-revealed Soundwave, that Red Alert is part of Wave 2, and that Countdown comes with Omega Supreme? Was all that confirmed at the panel? I know people were speculating about Omega turning into Countdown's rocket base, but I didn't think that was confirmed anywhere, and I didn't think we got anything official regarding Red Alert outside of that Brunt picture. I guess a case could be made that Red Alert has to be in Wave 2 for him to be in Brunt's advertising, but the rest of that just seems like wild claims unless I've missed something.

Everything that we know was said on the panel but also in conversations with the various press people present. For Micro Master Countdown specifically, we have confirmation that it will fit in the tank that forms the head and upper chest of Omega Supreme from the panel stream. See here: https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... uzz/42179/
(video mark 19.28)

As for Soundblaster, an image has been making the rounds claiming to be the redeco.

I just think it's bad lighting on Soundwave, given it's the exact same spot:

Red Alert seems speculation, unless it's from a private conversation (as I mentioned above). Hope this helps!
Re: Gallery and Video of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display from #NYCC 2018 (1987765)
Posted by Albatross250 on October 5th, 2018 @ 2:47am CDT
Is it me, or One of Shockwave's mode look like this? :lol: :CON:
Re: Gallery and Video of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display from #NYCC 2018 (1987766)
Posted by Z3ROhour on October 5th, 2018 @ 3:15am CDT
:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:
frikkin AWESOME!!!!!!!
evry single fig
has me cravin
that sweet,
PLASTIC CRACK!!!

:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:

:ic$:
Re: Gallery and Video of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display from #NYCC 2018 (1987767)
Posted by Albatross250 on October 5th, 2018 @ 3:30am CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Its probably Laserbeak's design on War For Cybertron/Fall Of Cybertron

Re: Gallery and Video of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display from #NYCC 2018 (1987768)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on October 5th, 2018 @ 3:59am CDT
Albatross250 wrote:
Wolfman Jake wrote:

Its probably Laserbeak's design on War For Cybertron/Fall Of Cybertron

More likely, both this toy and that design are based on the same thing: Laserbeak's pre-Earth design from G1:
Re: Gallery and Video of Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Display from #NYCC 2018 (1987769)
Posted by noctorro on October 5th, 2018 @ 4:09am CDT
I think I'm going to die in my upcoming vacation.

Transformers Siege is... it's too much.

It's too perfect, we get a G1 Optimus with G1 transformation, we get a pure G1 Megatron, we get a Pure G1 Starscream Cybertron jetmode, earth robot mode. We get a Pure Soundwave, pure Shockwave (Cyber Batallion was great enough), we get Flywheels, we get bloody Reflector...

I cannot take this, I was born in 86 (year of Devastator) so G1 from the start.
This is............ and I even really like the new Cyberverse... and Bumblebee the movie looks so freaking what a Transformers movie is suppose to be.

Fffffffffffffff. and just got back into Masters of the Universe Classics and Masters of the Universe 200X......

I need to win the lottery and have additional years on my life and, not have to work and have 12 days a week...

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #209 - Under Siege
"Under Siege"
Posted: Sunday, October 7th, 2018

Buy "TRANSFORMERS 2015 Robots In Disguise RID Warrior Class AUTOBOT RATCHET New!" on EBAY
Buy "2001 HASBRO TRANSFORMERS RID DELUXE PROWL FIGURE COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lost Light #1 RI-C 1:50 Megatron Variant IDW 2016 Paul Pope" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers platinum edition robots in disguise Bumblebee Grimlock" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Legion Class Night Ops Bumblebee - 1 each (New)" on EBAY
Buy "2016 Transformers Generations Alt-Modes MISBag Series 2 Silver Cliffjumper" on EBAY
Buy "2016 Transformers Generations Alt-Modes MISBag  Series 2 Megatron" on EBAY