Gallery of Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo (C2E2) now online

Gallery of Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo (C2E2) now online

Sunday, April 18th, 2010 1:47am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 30,475

This weekend is the 1st annual Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo. While there wasn't much in the way of Transformers news this weekend, I did put together a new gallery of some other things that might be of interest to you. The gallery includes some great shots of upcoming Masters of the Universe Classics figures, Ghostbusters figures, DC figures, the Back to the Future DeLorean, the Batmobile, Mojo and more! Check out the pics here!

C2E2 – short for the Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo – is a convention spanning the latest and greatest from the worlds of comics, movies, television, toys, anime, manga and video games. From a show floor packed with hundreds of exhibitors, to panels and autograph sessions giving fans a chance to interact with their favorite creators, to screening rooms featuring sneak peeks at films and television shows months before they hit either the big or small screen, C2E2 brings the best of popular culture to downtown Chicago!

For more details about the event, please visit the official C2E2 website at www.c2e2.com.

Enjoy!

Re: Gallery of Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo (C2E2) now online (1065598)
Posted by 3.8TransAM on April 18th, 2010 @ 7:35am CDT
Is it worth it?

Its 8:30 am and taking a break from working on the house.

Do I pack p the ole lady and the kid and go?????????????????

Can find nothing substantive either way...........................
Re: Gallery of Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo (C2E2) now online (1065637)
Posted by God Magnus on April 18th, 2010 @ 11:00am CDT

Ryan, did you get the Battle Beast Minimate exclusive? It's different from the Toy Fair version. He has black armor and dark grey gator bits with gold detail and a gun instead of a sword.
Re: Gallery of Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo (C2E2) now online (1065647)
Posted by Seibertron on April 18th, 2010 @ 12:13pm CDT
God Magnus wrote:I had a great time at C2E2! I had to stand in line three times before I won the right to buy the Blackest Night Hal and Sinestro DC Direct exclusives but that was totally worth it!

Re: Gallery of Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo (C2E2) now online (1065667)
Posted by nilocomic on April 18th, 2010 @ 1:29pm CDT
Re: Gallery of Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo (C2E2) now online (1065674)
Posted by Seibertron on April 18th, 2010 @ 2:02pm CDT
nilocomic wrote:T'was a great show. Hopefully there will be more Transformers there in the future. I was hoping to find Legends Cosmos and Voyager Inferno, but no such luck. Wish I'd known about that Battle Beasts exclusive. I couldn't believe the King Grimlock that was $175! If I didn't know the Hasbro version was coming, I might have picked that up.

$175 ... and I still thought it was too much for it. I'm hoping that in a year or two that it'll get down to less than $125. It seems to be highly available so we'll see.
Re: Gallery of Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo (C2E2) now online (1065675)
Posted by God Magnus on April 18th, 2010 @ 2:05pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:They wouldn't give it away until Saturday at noon so I was unable to get it on Friday unfortunately. Looks like I'll have to snag it off eBay in a few weeks once the price drops. I have to admit that I'm not a fan of the new Battle Beasts figures but I sure do love the old ones.

That stinks. I actually got there just in time yesterday and ended up with an extra one. A friend of mine who also loves Battle Beasts was very excited about it until he saw mine out of the package and decided to give his to me. Now I'm hoping I can find someone with an extra Toy Fair version they'd like to trade for it.
Re: Gallery of Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo (C2E2) now online (1065695)
Posted by Blurrz on April 18th, 2010 @ 3:26pm CDT
The DC and Marvel toys are looking pretty rad... my poor wallet.
Re: Gallery of Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo (C2E2) now online (1065760)
Posted by 3.8TransAM on April 18th, 2010 @ 8:50pm CDT
lol

I said the hell with it and enjoyed a day off.

Took the little one and the gf and was there for 4 hrs or so, maybe 5.

No great T-Former deals to be had.

The King Grimlock and E Hobby Galvatron were about the only decent ones I saw.

I did score the ARK II compendium for 7$ and the art of IDW for $8 though.

Art of IDW is okay, but the ARK II kicks arse for those who do not have it, I highly highly recommend it as resource material. Now to track down a cheap copy of ARK Compendium 1.

Had I been better prepared since there was little to no info on the show since its brand new I definitely would have had a back pack with comics to get signed in it. I was amazed at how accessible tons of artists were there. Hell of a change from the last Wizard World Chicago I went to in high school in the early 90's.

Princess Leia was pushing to much cellulite for those that saw her however :SICK:
Re: Gallery of Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo (C2E2) now online (1065767)
Posted by Seibertron on April 18th, 2010 @ 9:12pm CDT
3.8TransAM wrote:No great T-Former deals to be had.

The King Grimlock and E Hobby Galvatron were about the only decent ones I saw.

King Grimlock was a pretty decent deal, but still not enough for me to bite at $175 - especially with TRU Grimlock coming out later this year.

Here's what you missed on Friday as far as TF deals go:

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers generations Combiner Wars Skywarp" on EBAY
Buy "Vortex Decepticon Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron 2012 Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Generations Combiner Wars Thundercracker Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Starscream Masterpiece MP-3 Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Headmaster Reissue Hardhead Chromedome Brainstorm Mindwipe Set of 4" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS LOT RHINOX SOUNDWAVE DOUBLEDEALER USA HASBRO" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Jazware Zoteki Battle On Cybertron Rare Hot Toy Collectible" on EBAY