Gear of War Pre-order at Robotkindom

Gear of War Pre-order at Robotkindom

Wednesday, February 4th, 2009 2:13am CST

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: Stormrider   Views: 19,892

TFC-004 Gear of War, is now available for preorder at Robotkingdom. This custom accessory pack features weapons and more. Click here to see & learn more.

Description :
-This is a Pre-order item.
-The item will release April or May 2009.
-If you purchase the item now, you will pay the money immediately.

Set including:
2x rocket laucher,
1x scalling lader,
1x auto scout tape.

*mix and match available for the rocket laucher (3 ver: black/silver/red), each single set will contain 2 colours randomly.

Picture shows the Prototype. Final may be vary.
-rocket laucher for Universe/Henkei Sideswipe/Sunstreaker/Red Alert/Mirage.
-eject funtion and plating missiles/wings
-scaling ladder for Universe/Henkei Inferno
-ladder can change into sword and water cannon in robot mode.
-transformable G1-animate style auto scout tape.
-tape fits with any G1 or G1-like reissue soundwave toy's chest.

Gear of War Pre-order at Robotkindom

Credit(s): Robotkingdom

Re: Gear of War Pre-order at Robotkindom (878665)
Posted by Oilspill on February 4th, 2009 @ 2:46am CST
Stormrider wrote:
...
-eject function and plating missiles/wings

I'm guessing this means the missile fires, and maybe that the tailfin piece and missile piece will be the same colour, but the missile launcher could be a different colour.

I'll preorder this once we get conformation that the missiles have been downsized a little (and hopefully by then the Aussie dollar will be less craptacular).

EDIT: Ahh, I only just realised that the order of the pieces is customisable. I thought they were two different molds. But it looks like you can have missile - launcher - tail fins or missile - tail fins - launcher.
Re: Gear of War Pre-order at Robotkindom (878674)
Posted by Firebird on February 4th, 2009 @ 3:49am CST
$30 isn't that bad of a price for the set.

But I think I'm gonna pass, I don't really need a ladder for my Inferno. And the missile launchers still look too big.
Re: Gear of War Pre-order at Robotkindom (878675)
Posted by Prowl1529 on February 4th, 2009 @ 4:00am CST
This is not good. I need 3 versions one for Henkei Sideswipe, one for Mirage and one for Red Alert, if the missiles are packaged randowly i think this means that they are mixed.
Can anyone help me, i will buy two editions and the missiles that i don't need i can trade whit other members that have other missiles that i need, if i can't get them rigth at first.
Re: Gear of War Pre-order at Robotkindom (878690)
Posted by DevastaTTor on February 4th, 2009 @ 5:40am CST
You know, this really is fairly reasonable. However, since I'd only be interested in the missle for Mirage (which still looks huge on him), I'll pass. Got to save up for other third-party upgrades.
Re: Gear of War Pre-order at Robotkindom (878711)
Posted by Counterpunch on February 4th, 2009 @ 7:16am CST
One thing that bugs me is that I believe Inferno is too small of a fire truck to sport that kind of ladder. The pump apparatus is actually the appropriate thing there. Firemen please correct me if wrong here.

I can also say for sure that Mirage does not look better with a launcher. It ruins his sleek design appeal.

Autoscout has no interest for me.
Re: Gear of War Pre-order at Robotkindom (878715)
Posted by rpetras on February 4th, 2009 @ 7:28am CST
Is this a Robotkingdom exclusive or will BBTS be getting them?

I'd rather add it to my Pile 'o Loot than order it separately.
Re: Gear of War Pre-order at Robotkindom (878736)
Posted by typh0id on February 4th, 2009 @ 8:29am CST
I'm definately going to get this...Mainly for the ladder and $30 is a decent price for the package...But I think I'll wait til TFSource gets a preorder up...I'd rather order locally...
Re: Gear of War Pre-order at Robotkindom (878754)
Posted by Oilspill on February 4th, 2009 @ 9:00am CST
Remember guys it says the final product will vary. I believe this is because they are going to reduce the size of the rocket launchers.
Re: Gear of War Pre-order at Robotkindom (878786)
Posted by Solrac333 on February 4th, 2009 @ 9:56am CST
Re: Gear of War Pre-order at Robotkindom (878801)
Posted by Darkman20xx on February 4th, 2009 @ 10:36am CST
I got my Inferno from Hasbrotoyshop.com about 2 weeks ago. I haven't seen him in retail but I had been trying since before the Holidays to get it from them and they were constantly out of stock. He seems to be readily available now though.
Re: Gear of War Pre-order at Robotkindom (878805)
Posted by Prowl1529 on February 4th, 2009 @ 10:44am CST
You better get him if you can, i have all the Henkei's until now, except Cheetor, and the Henkei Mirage has a awesome color, i also bought a personalize set of stickers from Reprolabels whit a correct blue, now the only thing that is missing is that rocket launcher. But again you wont regret of getting him.
omega666 wrote:Is Inferno out yet? I am having a hard time finding him. I already have classics Mirage but the more I see Henkei, I want him more. Oh yes, I want these too.
Re: Gear of War Pre-order at Robotkindom (878825)
Posted by Universe on February 4th, 2009 @ 11:25am CST
After Shipping and Handling, the total is $40 to the States. :-?
Re: Gear of War Pre-order at Robotkindom (878844)
Posted by Prowl1529 on February 4th, 2009 @ 12:06pm CST
BBTS has this set on pre-order at $45USD, that's more expensive. I will see what price my Singapure retailer makes me.
Re: Gear of War Pre-order at Robotkindom (878914)
Posted by PlasticAddict on February 4th, 2009 @ 3:03pm CST
Universe wrote:After Shipping and Handling, the total is $40 to the States. :-?

That's too much imo. I really wish hasbro would please start making accessory kits so we can have more general releases of this kind of weapons. If hasbro could make a simple set like this for $15 to $20.00, it would be out of stock and disappear from the shelf in every major retailer in no time. I still don't see why they are so reluctant to give it a try. Inferno can definitely use a little more add-ons. Mirage, on the other hand, looks good as is. Maybe a little attachment to his bowgun can make it a more convincing weapon. The shoulder cannon on Sideswipe does seem a bit too large, but still looks good.
Re: Gear of War Pre-order at Robotkindom (879183)
Posted by lowman_x on February 4th, 2009 @ 11:10pm CST

"Oh! Look! It transforms from a tape into... well... half a tape! With an arm! Wooooooh!!" :shock: LOL
Re: Gear of War Pre-order at Robotkindom (879197)
Posted by Archatron on February 5th, 2009 @ 12:05am CST
lowman_x wrote:Liking the add-ons (even though I don't have any of the figures... :P) but what's with that tape??

Re: Gear of War Pre-order at Robotkindom (879402)
Posted by Prowl1529 on February 5th, 2009 @ 10:46am CST
BBTS has some new pictures of the rocket launchers. It seems that the rocket launchers and the rockets are in the same color, all red, all black or all silver.
If this is true the set has just lost value whit this decision.
Re: Gear of War Pre-order at Robotkindom (879489)
Posted by Kryptikore on February 5th, 2009 @ 2:13pm CST
With randomly getting 2 different color rocket launchers has spoiled this set! Why the heck would you want a red one? If there was a white rocket as opposed to red I would reconsider. On Robotkingdom they show the rocket launchers have been reduced in size, but it still looks big on Mirages skinny frame, but do-able. It lists that the images are still prototypes, but the new front section of the rocket setup on Sideswipe looks to small and plain. I liked the original larger rocket for Sideswipe. I think instead of trying to make universal rocket launchers they should just make them character specific. The ladder for inferno just hangs out to far off the truck. It could just be the way they took the pictures. As far as Auto Scout; its not a bad addition at all.

Now we get to the price. $30 dollars isn't bad. I'd imagine at a local store you would pay about...
$5.00 - 2 Rocket Launchers
$5.00 - Auto Scout
$10.00 - Ladder (Considering material)

BBTS is charging $45. That is way too much for a set like this. In it's current state I would have to pass.
Re: Gear of War Pre-order at Robotkindom (879757)
Posted by Oilspill on February 6th, 2009 @ 2:58am CST
Yeah, Robot Kingdom now has updated pics:

Can't seem to link the images directly as there are square brackets in the file names...
Re: Gear of War Pre-order at Robotkindom (897446)
Posted by lowman_x on March 12th, 2009 @ 4:21pm CDT
Archatron wrote:It's Autoscout. A lot of people are glad to have it, some arent. It might have been before your time or you dont remember the episode, I didn't till I saw the picture of it. I gotta have this set, mainly for the ladder. Wooooooh!!!!!! :lol:

When G1 was on TV I didn't have TV (something to do with being out in the middle of nowhere with no reception) so all my TF lore tends to come from the UK and US comics.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 68 Deluxe Movie 3 Leadfoot Target Exclusive In Hand" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 60 Constructicon SCRAPPER Voyager Class MISB/New 2020" on EBAY
Buy "MISB Transformers SCF Tokyo Game Show Battle Damage Set Optimus/Convoy Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premiere Edition Deluxe Cogman 2017  ((NEW))" on EBAY
Buy "1:64 TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME WESTERN STAR 5700 & BARRICADE JADA TOYS DIECAST" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Movie 2 Rotf Voyager Mixmaster Action Figure" on EBAY