Generations 2012 Series 01 and Transformers Prime Deluxe Wave 4  Listed for Pre-Order on BBTS

Wednesday, April 25th, 2012 9:30am CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News, Sponsor News, Store News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 50,389

Thanks to our own AutobotMR2 we now know that site sponsor BigBadToyStore has posted preorders for the upcoming first wave of Generations FOC Deluxes. This wave includes Optimus Prime, Jazz and Shockwave. The most important part of this news is the estimated May release date! Looks like we won't have to wait too much longer for our FOC figure fix!

Update: Transformers Prime RID Deluxe Wave 4 featuring Airrachnid, Bumblebee V2, and Dead End has also been listed for preorder:

Optimus Prime: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS21730&mode=retail

Jazz: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS21731&mode=retail

Set of three: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS21729&mode=retail

Case of 8: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS21728&mode=retail

(NOTE: These last two options are the only ways to get Shockwave, currently.)

Credit(s): BBTS, AutobotMR2

This article was last modified on Wednesday, April 25th, 2012 11:34am CDT

Re: Generations 2012 Series 01 and Transformers Prime Deluxe Wave 4 Listed for Pre-Order on BBTS (1372759)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on April 25th, 2012 @ 9:35am CDT
AutobotMR2 wrote:Thanks for adding the link. I'm at work right now and our computers are awful, plus I actually have to look like I'm working. LOL

Not a problem. :) And yeah, distribution around here has sucked, so got them. *Sigh*
Re: Generations 2012 Series 01 and Transformers Prime Deluxe Wave 4 Listed for Pre-Order on BBTS (1372760)
Posted by AutobotMR2 on April 25th, 2012 @ 9:35am CDT
WOOT! Front paged! I honestly figured I would be repeating information with this since the staff is always really quick with this stuff. As for the toys, they look great, if I can sell off my DOTM Shockwave I will be getting this version! I can't stand duplicates in my collection.
Re: Generations 2012 Series 01 and Transformers Prime Deluxe Wave 4 Listed for Pre-Order on BBTS (1372761)
Posted by wilcosu35 on April 25th, 2012 @ 9:36am CDT
maybe this will cheer you up then: they also listed the next wave of Prime deluxes, but just like they did with vehicon in the previous wave, you can only get airachnid if you get the full set of 3, the others are repaints of bumblebee and wheeljack
razzafrazzamgnen. why oh why did they have to do it this way? i only want airachnid, i don't need repaints.
Re: Generations 2012 Series 01 and Transformers Prime Deluxe Wave 4 Listed for Pre-Order on BBTS (1372763)
Posted by AutobotMR2 on April 25th, 2012 @ 9:38am CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:Jazz and Shockwave are must-buys for me. I'll pass on OP as I prefer the WFC version, which I already have.

I'm surprised by the case assortment, though. 3 OPs, 3 Jazzes, and 2 Shockwaves? That's too even and makes too much sense. It should be 5 Bumblebees, and 1 of each of the others.

Right??!!! Maybe Hasbro has actually listened to us. If this is a sign of change in the distribution practices of Hasbro I fully welcome it.
Re: Generations 2012 Series 01 and Transformers Prime Deluxe Wave 4 Listed for Pre-Order on BBTS (1372765)
Posted by AutobotCliffjumper on April 25th, 2012 @ 9:48am CDT
AutobotMR2 wrote:

I disagree.....they should ONLY have bumblebees in every case. :HEADHURTS: It's the new fad/craze, move over planking, move over cat daddy-ing....here comes Corporate Trolling! :DANCE:
Re: Generations 2012 Series 01 and Transformers Prime Deluxe Wave 4 Listed for Pre-Order on BBTS (1372769)
Posted by Mkall on April 25th, 2012 @ 9:54am CDT
I just glee'd myself and preordeted a set of three. I can't wait for them!
Re: Generations 2012 Series 01 and Transformers Prime Deluxe Wave 4 Listed for Pre-Order on BBTS (1372771)
Posted by GuyIncognito on April 25th, 2012 @ 9:56am CDT
AutobotMR2 wrote:if I can sell off my DOTM Shockwave I will be getting this version! I can't stand duplicates in my collection.

Are you saying you only have one version of each character in your collection? Like, you only have one Shockwave, one Bumblebee, one Optimus, etc.?
Re: Generations 2012 Series 01 and Transformers Prime Deluxe Wave 4 Listed for Pre-Order on BBTS (1372772)
Posted by worldsgreatest on April 25th, 2012 @ 9:56am CDT
That Prime is so, so terrible.
Re: Generations 2012 Series 01 and Transformers Prime Deluxe Wave 4 Listed for Pre-Order on BBTS (1372776)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on April 25th, 2012 @ 10:01am CDT
Still can't bring myself to enjoy that Shockwave with its horrendously ugly legs. Whata waste. :BANG_HEAD:

AutobotMR2 wrote:I can't stand duplicates in my collection.

I'm the same way.
Re: Generations 2012 Series 01 and Transformers Prime Deluxe Wave 4 Listed for Pre-Order on BBTS (1372777)
Posted by GuyIncognito on April 25th, 2012 @ 10:01am CDT
Re: Generations 2012 Series 01 and Transformers Prime Deluxe Wave 4 Listed for Pre-Order on BBTS (1372781)
Posted by AutobotMR2 on April 25th, 2012 @ 10:09am CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:

if you don't include mold repaints like the seekers and the prowl molds, then yes that is exactly what I mean. The only ones I could even think of are my 2 Masterpieces, Grimlock and Hot Rod. Evrything else is one version of one character. I'm very finicky with my collection, which is and is not my own fault. Having a family and a limited income for Transformers causes me to be very picky on which figures go on my shelf. I wish I could go and buy every TF that came out, just not in the cards for me.
Re: Generations 2012 Series 01 and Transformers Prime Deluxe Wave 4 Listed for Pre-Order on BBTS (1372788)
Posted by craggy on April 25th, 2012 @ 10:20am CDT
still amazed that that Prime is so terrible. It's like they took the great design from the first game, made an 8-bit version of it, and then got a kid to draw it in crayon, then photographed the drawing from space, and used that as the blueprint for this character model. Jazz and Shockers look pretty nice though.
Re: Generations 2012 Series 01 and Transformers Prime Deluxe Wave 4 Listed for Pre-Order on BBTS (1372789)
Posted by Grimlock1985 on April 25th, 2012 @ 10:20am CDT
Well, I suppose those of us who only want to get Shockwave have to either by a set of three or wait for some other place to list them.
Re: Generations 2012 Series 01 and Transformers Prime Deluxe Wave 4 Listed for Pre-Order on BBTS (1372791)
Posted by Fistful of Energon on April 25th, 2012 @ 10:22am CDT
Re: Generations 2012 Series 01 and Transformers Prime Deluxe Wave 4 Listed for Pre-Order on BBTS (1372792)
Posted by worldsgreatest on April 25th, 2012 @ 10:23am CDT
Dont get too discouraged. With that case breakdown it looks like finding him at retail should be easy.
Re: Generations 2012 Series 01 and Transformers Prime Deluxe Wave 4 Listed for Pre-Order on BBTS (1372793)
Posted by sabrigami on April 25th, 2012 @ 10:24am CDT
The only one I want is Arachnid. But if it comes down to payin $60 just to get her I will have to pass. Don't love the other 2 figs enough to justify it. Sucks that BBTS is working this way. Unless another store has my back I doubt my area will ever see these (we haven't even seen wave 2 yet..)
Re: Generations 2012 Series 01 and Transformers Prime Deluxe Wave 4 Listed for Pre-Order on BBTS (1372795)
Posted by GuyIncognito on April 25th, 2012 @ 10:26am CDT
Fistful of Energon wrote:There isnt even a price break for getting all 3!?! That's crap. Im preordering just avoid hunting hassles but i am a little disappointed in BBTS.

Have you never shopped there before? Aside from clearance sales, everything at BBTS is priced higher than retail. You're paying for the convenience of preordering.
Re: Generations 2012 Series 01 and Transformers Prime Deluxe Wave 4 Listed for Pre-Order on BBTS (1372796)
Posted by kirbenvost on April 25th, 2012 @ 10:27am CDT
If they didn't sell them in sets they'd sell out of Shockwaves be stuck with an excess of Primes and Jazzes. I can understand it.

I'm going to try and wait for these at retail. If they're the first wave of the series they shouldn't be that hard to get. I might skip on Prime too because he looks nowhere near as cool as the WFC version, which I already have.
Re: Generations 2012 Series 01 and Transformers Prime Deluxe Wave 4 Listed for Pre-Order on BBTS (1372798)
Posted by SJ21 on April 25th, 2012 @ 10:32am CDT
craggy wrote:still amazed that that Prime is so terrible. It's like they took the great design from the first game, made an 8-bit version of it, and then got a kid to draw it in crayon, then photographed the drawing from space, and used that as the blueprint for this character model.

They probably just made him easier to transform than the WFC version. That thing was a pain in the @ss!

The only one I am interested in is Shockwave. I need him for the Classics shelf.
Re: Generations 2012 Series 01 and Transformers Prime Deluxe Wave 4 Listed for Pre-Order on BBTS (1372816)
Posted by Sodan-1 on April 25th, 2012 @ 11:16am CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:Is it possible that the FoC line might not have a Bumblebee figure at all?! :shock:

I was going to put a laughing smiley and say you're being ridiculous, but now you mention it, it does speak volumes that he's not in the first or second waves (as far as we know).

As far as these three go, I may get a version of Shockwave as he'd fit well in a classics line-up, but no way I'm spending money on Optimus or Jazz.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Starscream & Waspinator" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME BLIGHT Beast Hunters Cyberverse Legion 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Kingdom WFC RHINOX Voyager 6 inch Action figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Voyager Decepticon Blitzwing complete w/extras" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Kingdom WFC RHINOX Voyager Figure IN HAND!! MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War 4 Cybertron Kingdom Voyager WFC-K27 Rhinox IN HAND" on EBAY