Generations Brainstorm Found at TJ Maxx

Generations Brainstorm Found at TJ Maxx

Friday, February 27th, 2015 8:11pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 34,131

Fellow Seibertronian Bounti76 got a tip from a fellow Transformers fan and checked his local TJ Maxx. His trip was rewarded as he came across Generations voyager class Brainstorm for $16.99. He sent us picture proof to spread the news around for those still in need. If you have a new retail sighting, be like Bounti76, take a picture and send it to sightings@seibertron.com to let your fellow Transformers fans what's available.

Transformers News: Generations Brainstorm Found at TJ Maxx

Credit(s): Bounti76

Re: Generations Brainstorm Found at TJ Maxx (1656953)
Posted by steve2275 on February 27th, 2015 @ 8:17pm CST
thats a cool price
Re: Generations Brainstorm Found at TJ Maxx (1656954)
Posted by Fox Thiagarajan on February 27th, 2015 @ 8:17pm CST
Nice find! I love Brainstorm.
Re: Generations Brainstorm Found at TJ Maxx (1656957)
Posted by Zeedust on February 27th, 2015 @ 8:24pm CST
Is it the one with the fixed head, or the one that breaks?
Re: Generations Brainstorm Found at TJ Maxx (1656962)
Posted by megatronus on February 27th, 2015 @ 8:34pm CST
Re: Generations Brainstorm Found at TJ Maxx (1656964)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on February 27th, 2015 @ 8:34pm CST
I've had a feeling that's where those elusive fembots are destined to show up after their absence from TRU and the big-boxes in my neck of Michigan, and now THIS equally unfindable Generations fellow shows up. I'll have to canvas them toMarshall's--er, I mean tomorrow.

He's got to teach a cer10 Cerebrocrustacean just who's worthy of the name...
Re: Generations Brainstorm Found at TJ Maxx (1656970)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on February 27th, 2015 @ 8:54pm CST

https://m.facebook.com/groups/241629393 ... 1186142746
Re: Generations Brainstorm Found at TJ Maxx (1656973)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on February 27th, 2015 @ 9:03pm CST
Cyber Bishop wrote:Wow, I posted finding brainstorm today in the Louisiana thread and was completely ignored. I even posted on the transformers addicts facebook page with photos (uploading photos here is difficult due to size).

https://m.facebook.com/groups/241629393 ... 1186142746

But did you send it to sightings@seibertron.com? To be fair, Bounti76 sent his in before your post in the sightings forum and Transformers Addicts is a closed FB group so only members can see the posts.
Re: Generations Brainstorm Found at TJ Maxx (1656974)
Posted by william-james88 on February 27th, 2015 @ 9:04pm CST
Nemesis Primal wrote:Is it the one with the fixed head, or the one that breaks?

Probably the one that breaks since there are no elastics on his head in the package.
Re: Generations Brainstorm Found at TJ Maxx (1656983)
Posted by philswitch engage on February 27th, 2015 @ 9:32pm CST
Does anyone know if the Takara version has the fixed head. I have been waiting for botcon to try and get that version.
Re: Generations Brainstorm Found at TJ Maxx (1656985)
Posted by megatronus on February 27th, 2015 @ 9:39pm CST
My understanding is there's no "fixed" or "broken" head - it's just that the first run had the headmaster inserted too far into the figure. A bit of TLC will get it out.
Re: Generations Brainstorm Found at TJ Maxx (1656989)
Posted by Arctorro on February 27th, 2015 @ 9:50pm CST
megatronus wrote:Hell yea! Totally getting out of bed to check out my local TJ Maxx in the morning!
There aren't many better reasons for getting out of bed :WHISTLE:
Re: Generations Brainstorm Found at TJ Maxx (1656994)
Posted by megatronus on February 27th, 2015 @ 9:55pm CST
Arctorro wrote:
There aren't many better reasons for getting out of bed :WHISTLE:

Of course there aren't... Especially on a Saturday!
Re: Generations Brainstorm Found at TJ Maxx (1657003)
Posted by TheAmazingBrave on February 27th, 2015 @ 10:14pm CST
And I just bought one two days ago for $25.99 on Amazon :C
Re: Generations Brainstorm Found at TJ Maxx (1657015)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on February 27th, 2015 @ 11:23pm CST
Guess where I'm going tomorrow!!!
Re: Generations Brainstorm Found at TJ Maxx (1657030)
Posted by Shockwave7 on February 28th, 2015 @ 12:56am CST

How exactly does that work, anyway? I'm beginning to think I'll never find generations Arcee in stores, and that it's another of the figures (like Brainstorm) that for whatever reason just didn't make it onto regular store shelves....
Re: Generations Brainstorm Found at TJ Maxx (1657044)
Posted by Flashwave on February 28th, 2015 @ 1:56am CST
Shockwave7 wrote:Curious how some figures seem to bypass regular stores completely and wind up only findable in TJ Maxx or Ross. I remember you couldn't find Solar Storm Grapple anywhere for love or money, until I stumbled across FOUR of them in Ross.

Distribution. Company A, be it Walmart/Target/Meijer/whomever orders product from Hasbro, including the wave that had Brainstorm in it. This product goes to their primary distrbution and then trickles down like a water fountain. Oh, but the storefronts are not/can't take product right now, they have too much other stuff or no "capital" (I want to say that each department can "spend" so much on product at a time, their not actually buying from their own warehouse so much as balancing how much value of a product you bring in vs. send out. Even though the Generations pegs were empty, since the AOE deluxes were still sitting, the books were showing an excess of capital on shelves and the stores couldn't bring in MORE until that went away. Or I could be compelteley looney) to aquire from the warehousing, so stuff has to wait. This is why 90% of us didn't get Whirl or Roadbuster until SIX MONTHS+ after Hasbro released them. Sadly, Poor Brainstorm got to the distribution warehouses and discovered the stores were not taking product due to the AOE stuff on shelves. Some of it clogging (Grimlock), some of it the new stuff (Drift-Copter). I suspect the Fembots ran into the same issue. So he (and the girls) sat in a warehouse, racking up an actual debt because the company bought him from Hasbro, but could not sell him because the storefronts couldn't take him. He was soon being joined by more product, that also needed to get on shelves, So the warehouses cut their losses on "old stock", and sold the excess stock to a liquidator store that was interested to make room for "new" stock. Even though a lot of stores hadn't seen Either, or never saw more than a single case or two. In the olden days, this might've been KBToys taking him instead.

This happens a LOT to the ends of series, and is partly why the last wave or two are typically loaded down with repaints over new molds.
Re: Generations Brainstorm Found at TJ Maxx (1657099)
Posted by Ironhidensh on February 28th, 2015 @ 7:20am CST
Flashwave wrote:

I work in retail, and this is damn near spot on. The AOE figures, and Beast Hunters before that, were absolute stinkers. That crap kept shelves warm for months, at least in my region. It'll have some negative long term effects. I know for a fact that both Meijer and Walmart are scaling back the amount of transformers items they stock for this coming year.
Re: Generations Brainstorm Found at TJ Maxx (1657122)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on February 28th, 2015 @ 9:18am CST
Goddamn, I want Brainstorm. I haven't seen him once in person. I woulda grabbed that in a nanosecond.
Re: Generations Brainstorm Found at TJ Maxx (1657126)
Posted by megatronus on February 28th, 2015 @ 9:29am CST
Well, no Brainstorms at my TJ Maxx. Oh well. At least I know it's time to start visiting regularly again. The hunt begins! :D
Re: Generations Brainstorm Found at TJ Maxx (1657134)
Posted by Optimizzy on February 28th, 2015 @ 9:58am CST
I submitted a news story about DoubleDealer being spotted at a discount chain and suggested to keep an eye out for them in such places as this, but was told it should be posted in "sightings"

I didn't have a photo, was this why it wasn't considered for a news post?

I'd just like to know so I can do it right next time. Not seeing the difference here.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Cyberverse TCV-17 Tank Buster Jet Fire" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse TCV-26 Turbo Change Autobot Jazz" on EBAY
Buy "HOT Cool FOR Transformers EarthRise Sunstreaker Tail 3D DIY Upgrade Weapon KITS" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Cyberverse Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "3 - 2017 TRANSFORMERS AUTHENTICS : 4" OPTIMUS PRIME / MEGATRON / RATCHET FIGURES" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME AUTOBOT TRUCK DIECAST 1:32 JADA HOLLYWOOD NEW! " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS MEGATRON  KINGDOM WAR FOR CYBERTRON TRILOGY WFC-K13 FIGURE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Bumblebee Adventures Deluxe Class Hot Rod Action" on EBAY