Generations Darkmount (Straxus) gallery now online

Generations Darkmount (Straxus) gallery now online

Tuesday, August 17th, 2010 9:02am CDT

Categories: Site News, Comic Book News, Toy News
Posted by: RodimusConvoy13   Views: 64,763

Generations Darkmount is based on the Marvel Comics Transformers character Lord Straxus. In the comics, Straxus ruled from his fortress, Darkmount. The name was changed due to licensing issues.

Seibertron has posted a fantastic gallery of this figure. Click on the images below to see the full gallery.

Few robots achieve the same legendary status as Megatron, but Darkmount is one. He is just as famous on Cybertron as the impenetrable fortress that bears his name. From there, he ruled his small corner of the machine world with an iron fist, controlling his subjects with an equal measure of fear and pain. So terrible was his rule that even Megatron gave him a wide berth, and treated him with the respect due to an equal.

This article was last modified on Tuesday, August 17th, 2010 9:53am CDT

Re: Generations Darkmount (Straxus) gallery now online (1114125)
Posted by Stockade on August 17th, 2010 @ 9:39am CDT
I really like this figure, but not keen on his semi-connected ankles, i feel they should be completely connected, but if their pretty solid and holds up over time i guess its ok with me.

awesome job on the gallery too!!
Re: Generations Darkmount (Straxus) gallery now online (1114129)
Posted by Joker'sRequiem on August 17th, 2010 @ 9:44am CDT
Yet another Generations figure I'm planning to pick up. Straxus/Darkmount looks awesome, and will fit in great with my other Universe/Generations figures.

So far though I've only seen Wave 1 near where I live, so hopefully Wave 2 comes out soon.
Re: Generations Darkmount (Straxus) gallery now online (1114134)
Posted by gothsaurus on August 17th, 2010 @ 10:00am CDT
Generations is shaping up to be my want list for the past decade. Jazz, Thunderwing, Scourge, Tracks, Grapple, Windcharger... and this glorious Straxus figure. Huge thanks to someone listening at HasTak. Some nods to the really rich lore and history that makes the Transformers line so interesting.
Re: Generations Darkmount (Straxus) gallery now online (1114153)
Posted by Rated X on August 17th, 2010 @ 11:01am CDT
Re: Generations Darkmount (Straxus) gallery now online (1114158)
Posted by Sky-Quake on August 17th, 2010 @ 11:08am CDT
hopefully next we get a Jhiaxus toy
Re: Generations Darkmount (Straxus) gallery now online (1114175)
Posted by Seibertron on August 17th, 2010 @ 11:43am CDT
Rated X wrote:Why must Transformers continue to look more and more like comic book characters ??? I am not familiar with "Straxus". I have watched G1, Armada, Energon, Cybertron, and Beast Wars series and never heard of him. Exactly where does Straxus come from ??? If the answer is comic books then that is why I never heard of him. I dont read em very often.

Check out the gallery! Your answer is there. :)

Re: Generations Darkmount (Straxus) gallery now online (1114184)
Posted by Counterpunch on August 17th, 2010 @ 11:56am CDT

There was a time where your perceptions of Transformers were derived from one of two sources, the cartoon or the Marvel comics.

Though for YEARS I was loathe to read through them due to the terrible art, I have recently been picking up the Marvel G1 comics and the stories are at least as enjoyable as the old cartoons.

They have their issues, but many of those are just symptoms of the comic industry at the time. There's some worthwhile storytelling in there though.
Re: Generations Darkmount (Straxus) gallery now online (1114193)
Posted by Seibertron on August 17th, 2010 @ 12:16pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:

And there was a looong time where we only had the Marvel comics. The comics lasted at least 3 years longer than the cartoon did. Not to mention the UK comics which were delivered weekly with your weekend newspaper if you had a subscription. The comics even had a stronger influence overseas. It's my perception that the comic was THE primary medium for Transformers during the 80s in the UK. Straxus ended up having a much more prominent role later in the UK comics than he did in the US.

I've recently gotten back into collecting the old UK comics. First, the recent trade paperbacks are no substitute for the actual books. There's something to be said for all of the extras that were in the UK comics outside of the actual books, not to mention that not all of the UK stories have been reprinted yet (not by a long shot). Despite having scans of the entire UK comic run on my computer for the past 8 years, I have refused to read them that way and waited until I owned the actual comics to read them. It has been a real treat reading the stories that "happened" between the US stories. I feel like I'm rediscovering the old school comics all over again. It's a really nostalgic feeling which I haven't felt in quite a while since I own all of the U.S. Transformers toys.
Re: Generations Darkmount (Straxus) gallery now online (1114232)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on August 17th, 2010 @ 1:34pm CDT
Well, buy on sight for him. I need more Decepticons. Man, Generations is shaping up to be hurting my wallet something fierce! :D And I love it!
Re: Generations Darkmount (Straxus) gallery now online (1114237)
Posted by Shadowstream on August 17th, 2010 @ 1:45pm CDT
I have no problem with Straxus as a character, just that he's one more Decepticon big wig getting a toy. Sure, the Decepticons went through a lot of those compared to the Autobots, but irregardless of the fact he's getting a retool as Skullgrin I still feel like his mold is taking up space in the line that could be used for some other lower ranked Decepticon character. Not counting most redeco's and/or retools from classics/universe/generations it would seem the bots have the cons well outnumbered in terms of foot soldiers. Instead we have top names like Megatron with 3 different molds, Galvatron, Straxus, and soon Thunderwing! Fair enough, but could we get some more big name Autobots as well, like Fort Max or Dai Atlas?
Re: Generations Darkmount (Straxus) gallery now online (1114244)
Posted by Tirade on August 17th, 2010 @ 2:08pm CDT

@Shadowstream
Problem is, most of those other Autobot leaders were very large toys originally. They wouldn't fit well in the Generations line now as Deluxe figures. Plus I doubt we will ever see new molds larger than Universe's Ultra class. In Dai Atlas's case, an Ultra class mold would probably work. For Fort Max? No way. He deserves something bigger.
Re: Generations Darkmount (Straxus) gallery now online (1114245)
Posted by Blurrz on August 17th, 2010 @ 2:09pm CDT
The figure doesnt really excite me. It reminds me of 2007 Movie Deluxe Brawl for some awful reason. But hey, it's Generations and the line has been wonderful so far, and damn, I just love that pick axe. It's also nice that they referenced the issue Straxus first appeared with the M17 on the front of the tank.
Re: Generations Darkmount (Straxus) gallery now online (1114249)
Posted by Shadowstream on August 17th, 2010 @ 2:22pm CDT
Tirade wrote:@Shadowstream

And the same couldn't be said of Galvatron, Straxus, or Thunderwing? Yeah, I don't think scale is an issue here, given they throw that out the window just to get a character released.
Re: Generations Darkmount (Straxus) gallery now online (1114250)
Posted by Aladar on August 17th, 2010 @ 2:24pm CDT
It's about time Straxus get's recognized as a figure and not just a decepticon in issues 17 and 18. It took Hasbro this long to thnk of it? I started thinking about designing my own figure for him and Scrounge.
Re: Generations Darkmount (Straxus) gallery now online (1114252)
Posted by Tirade on August 17th, 2010 @ 2:30pm CDT
Shadowstream wrote:
Tirade wrote:@Shadowstream

We all know Galvatron should have been switched with Powerglide. I'll grant that. As for Thuderwing, his toy was hardly towering. I think Deluxe sized fits him fine. With Straxus, we don't have much reference material outside of the comic. Based on the comics, I think Deluxe is a solid size for him. I can't imagine him being any larger than Voyager sized. The only way Fort Max is going to be done is as a Deluxe sized Cerebros figure. I don't see him happening in any other form.
Re: Generations Darkmount (Straxus) gallery now online (1114254)
Posted by Counterpunch on August 17th, 2010 @ 2:40pm CDT
Agreed.

Where Galvatron fails as a Deluxe, Straxus is nicely scaled to DL Blaster.
Re: Generations Darkmount (Straxus) gallery now online (1114257)
Posted by Seibertron on August 17th, 2010 @ 2:43pm CDT
Tirade wrote:How are the ankles, Seibertron? That's the one area of concern for me. Everything else about him looks great.

As you can see from this picture where he's standing on one foot, the ankles are just fine!

Many of the photos in this gallery showcase how flexible having an ankle ball joint is on this figure. He's really an extremely poseable figure.
Re: Generations Darkmount (Straxus) gallery now online (1114264)
Posted by Shadowstream on August 17th, 2010 @ 2:57pm CDT
Tirade wrote:
Shadowstream wrote:
Tirade wrote:@Shadowstream

IDW Fort Max is a normal sized TF and likewise Thunderwing is enormous. Also, the scale of any given character in the Marvel comics varied at any moment.

Bottom line: scale = null.
Re: Generations Darkmount (Straxus) gallery now online (1114267)
Posted by Dead Metal on August 17th, 2010 @ 3:00pm CDT
This toy is awesome, trust me his ankles are no issue at all this Generations line is possibly the best range of deluxes yet even Thrust who's based of the Classics Starscream mold (a mold we all thought was completely deteriorated) turned out to be totally awesome he's tighter than my Classics Starscream!
Re: Generations Darkmount (Straxus) gallery now online (1114269)
Posted by Tirade on August 17th, 2010 @ 3:02pm CDT
Shadowstream wrote:
Tirade wrote:
Shadowstream wrote:
Tirade wrote:@Shadowstream

Bottom line: scale = null.

*Sigh* I'm basing this off of the original toys, not their comic book appearances (and the odd IDW size choices). I only mentioned comics because of Darkmount/Straxus. The Marvel comics are the only reference material we have for him.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS BOTCON 2013 MACHINE WARS SUNSTORM #A" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Racing Trailer Set- Blurr, Boulder, Chase" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Commander Class Megatron Figure Sealed AA173" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON WFC-S32 BLACKJACK & HYPERDRIVE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Powertrain & Highjump Siege War for Cybertron Micromaster" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Commander Class Optimus Prime Figure Sealed Z943" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC-S44 Siege Battlemasters Singe War for Cybertron Target" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG37 Ravage & Bullhorn Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY