Generations Dirge Is Coming - More Revealed Via Wal*Mart Computers

Generations Dirge Is Coming - More Revealed Via Wal*Mart Computers

Saturday, June 12th, 2010 6:48pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 48,684

Perhaps you could see it coming a mile away. With Hasbro's recent release of Generations Thrust, a Generations Dirge figure was bound to be around the corner sooner or later. Dirge is likely to be a repaint of his Henkei Version, much like Generations Thrust is a repaint of his Henkei counterpart. Alt.toys.transformers reveals more Transformers from Wal*Mart computers - With the rest of the similarities with other upcoming toys, it can be assumed that the new ones are legit. Among other new Transformers is the confirmation of Generations Blurr, as well as new Combiner 5-Packs, Protectobots and Stunticons. Check out the listing belows

(Bold means new)

TRA LEGENDS AST ($4.97)

TRA LEGENDS RAVAGE (UPC 6-53569-49452)
TRA LEGENDS RAMPAGE (UPC 6-53569-49087)
FIREBURST OPTIMUS P (UPC 6-53569-49088)
CYBERFIRE BUMBLEBEE (UPC 6-53569-49089)
TRA TRACKER HOUND (UPC 6-53569-49455)
TRA LEGENDS LONGHAU (UPC 6-53569-49454)
TRA LEGEND SANSTOR (UPC 6-53569-49994)
TRA LEGENDS OVERRID (UPC 6-53569-49457)
TRA LGND TURNER SKI (UPC 6-53569-49995)
TRA LGND DUSTSTORM (UPC 6-53569-49994)

TRA SCOUT ASST ($7.44)

TRA SCOUT HUBCAP (UPC 6-53569-49287)
TRA SCOUT BRIMSTONE (UPC 6-53569-49290)
TRA SCOUT CRANKSTAR (UPC 6-53569-49292)
TRA SCOUT BACKFIRE (UPC 6-53569-49293)
TRA SCOUT OIL PAN (UPC 6-53569-50323)
TRA SCOUT BREACHER (UPC 6-53569-50322)
TRA SCOUT INSECTICO (UPC 6-53569-50321)
TRA SCOUT FIRETRAP (UPC 6-53569-50329)
TRA SCOUT SUNSPOT (UPC 6-53569-50328)

TRA COMBINER 2PK AST ($9.97)

HUFFER W/ CALIBURST (UPC 6-53569-49748)
SMOLDER W/ CHOPSTER (UPC 6-53569-49351)
SEARCHLIGHT W/ BACKWIN (UPC 6-53569-49352)
SLEDGE W/ THROTTLER (UPC 6-53569-50331)
LEADFOOT W/ PINPOIN (UPC 6-53569-50333)
ICE PICK W/ CHAINCLA (UPC 6-53569-50344)
TRA STEELSHOT W/ BEA (UPC 6-53569-51651)
TRA WINDBURN W/ DARK (UPC 6-53569-51653)
TRA DARKSTREAM W/RA (UPC 6-53569-51654)

STEALTH FORCE ($9.97)

STEALTH FCE BUMBLEBE (UPC 6-53569-48942)
STEALTH FORCE HOUND (UPC 6-53569-48947)
STEALTH FCE SILVER (UPC 6-53569-48946)
STEALTH FCE BARRCAD (UPC 6-53569-52162)
STEALTH FCE SOUNDWA (UPC 6-53569-48943)

TRA DELUXE GENERATI ($11.88)

TRA DX CYB BUMBLEBE (UPC 6-53569-49304)
TRA DX CYB OPT PRIM (UPC 6-53569-49314)
TRA DX AUTOBOT DRIF (UPC 6-53569-49316)
TRA DX GEN THRUST (UPC 6-53569-49318)
TRA DX GEN MEGATRON (UPC 6-53569-50341)
TRA DX GEN DARKMOUN (UPC 6-53569-50342)
TRA DX GEN SOUNDWAV (UPC 6-53569-51655)
TRA DX GEN RED ALER (UPC 6-53569-51656)
TRA GEN DIRGE (UPC 6-53569-51657)
TRA DX GEN BLURR (UPC 6-53569-51659)

TRA VOYAGER AST ($19.97)

TRA VOYAGER SEASPRA (UPC 6-53569-50293)
TRA VOY ATBT RATCHE (UPC 6-53569-50294)
TRA VOYAGER PAYLOAD (UPC 6-53569-50269)
TRA VOYAGER LUGNUT (UPC 6-53569-583)
TRA VOYAGER GRAPPEL [sic] (UPC 6-53569-55834)
TRA VOYAGER STRAFE (UPC 6-53569-55835)
TRA BB OPTIMUS PRIM (UPC 6-53569-50343)
TRA DCPTCN BANZITRO (UPC 6-53569-50344)
TRA TWIN BOOM FIGHT (UPC 6-53569-51660)
TRA VOY THE FALLEN (UPC 6-53569-51661)

TRA 5PK COMBINATION ($19.00)

COMBINER AERIALBOTS (UPC 6-53569-49208)
COMBINER COMBATICON (UPC 6-53569-49210)
DESTRCTCON MUDSLING (UPC 6-53569-50346)
RALLYBOTS DBL CLUTC (UPC 6-53569-50345)
COMBNTN PROTECTOBOT (UPC 6-53569-51662)
COMBINATN STUNTICON (UPC 6-53569-51663)

CYBER OPS BUMBLEBEE (UPC 6-53569-49322; retail $59.96)

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): Wal*Mart, Alt.Toy.Transformers

Re: Generations Dirge Is Coming - More Revealed Via Wal*Mart Computers (1085542)
Posted by King Henrik on June 12th, 2010 @ 7:14pm CDT
Re: Generations Dirge Is Coming - More Revealed Via Wal*Mart Computers (1085543)
Posted by Mr O on June 12th, 2010 @ 7:18pm CDT
King Henrik wrote:seriously how long before they make a thundercracker too?

Not very we hope. This was a super no-brainer from the start, all you need is just a little patience...
Re: Generations Dirge Is Coming - More Revealed Via Wal*Mart Computers (1085544)
Posted by Nekoman on June 12th, 2010 @ 7:21pm CDT
Maybe it will look somewhat different like Thrust. I'll probably buy it.

Wouldn't a G2 Action Masters Thundercracker in Generations be cool?
Re: Generations Dirge Is Coming - More Revealed Via Wal*Mart Computers (1085545)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 12th, 2010 @ 7:22pm CDT
What did I just say? I knew it!

Bring on Thundercracker!
Re: Generations Dirge Is Coming - More Revealed Via Wal*Mart Computers (1085547)
Posted by Samsonator on June 12th, 2010 @ 7:26pm CDT
Nearer and nearer to a full set of seekers/coneheads for my classics shelf. Kind of a shame that I'll finish the coneheads first, though.
Re: Generations Dirge Is Coming - More Revealed Via Wal*Mart Computers (1085549)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on June 12th, 2010 @ 7:29pm CDT
So, after the long drought that was RotF ... the game begins again.

Really glad they're releasing these. I guess I feel kinda bad for the Botconners, but ... they still have an exclucive TF. Like any Lucky Draw or Gentei.

I'm also glad I picked up Thrust waaaaaaay back in the day. I almost didn't.

Now we just need Thundercracker ... and SUNSTORM! Yeah, I like Sunstorm better than Thundercracker.
Re: Generations Dirge Is Coming - More Revealed Via Wal*Mart Computers (1085554)
Posted by Blurrz on June 12th, 2010 @ 7:36pm CDT
King Henrik wrote:great one more thing making us games of deception owners look like chumps for paying 300 for 60 worth of figures... i could tolerate the japanese releases, but seriously how long before they make a thundercracker too?

Thundercracker, I think not. We're getting Generations Thrust. Dirge and Red Alert, but those are Henkei molds that Hasbro is trying to cash in on. I'd actually be surprised if Hasbro pulls out the Cracker.
Re: Generations Dirge Is Coming - More Revealed Via Wal*Mart Computers (1085558)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on June 12th, 2010 @ 7:41pm CDT
Awesome news, can't wait for Blurr either. I also don't feel bad for people who got the Henkei or Botcon figures because I am sure they got the enjoyment they were looking for in those figures. This is great for the collecting community as a whole. We really need thundercracker now.
Re: Generations Dirge Is Coming - More Revealed Via Wal*Mart Computers (1085562)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on June 12th, 2010 @ 7:45pm CDT
COMBNTN PROTECTOBOT (UPC 6-53569-51662)
COMBINATN STUNTICON (UPC 6-53569-51663)

Interesting.. They will be the like the other ones, main bot transforms and the appendages are drones.

It would be nice if they were like old school gestalts where all the limbs transformed.
Re: Generations Dirge Is Coming - More Revealed Via Wal*Mart Computers (1085563)
Posted by bvzxa on June 12th, 2010 @ 7:45pm CDT
as stated in this post...again I was right!!!

Using Henkei Dirge is fine. As for TC, the only differences between the Henkei and GoD version is paint apps. I have Henkei SS/TC, Classics Skywarp, Universe SS and Acid Storm (rainmaker). All I need now is Henkei Ramjet and the Generations Seekers and I'll be done. Though I may splurge for GoD TC because my Henkei TC sucks with mold problems.

And in regards to the TC situation, it's a wait and see type thing. Even though I don't have GoD TC, if I owned one I would be pretty pissed if a $10 version came out.
Re: Generations Dirge Is Coming - More Revealed Via Wal*Mart Computers (1085567)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on June 12th, 2010 @ 7:49pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:

Isn't Red Alert just the same mold as Sideswipe? He even has Universe Prowl's lights and not Henkei Red Alert's lights.

I dunno, I'm choosing to have hope for Thundercracker.
Re: Generations Dirge Is Coming - More Revealed Via Wal*Mart Computers (1085572)
Posted by bvzxa on June 12th, 2010 @ 8:00pm CDT
Cyber Bishop wrote:COMBNTN PROTECTOBOT (UPC 6-53569-51662)
COMBINATN STUNTICON (UPC 6-53569-51663)

Agree too...

But wasn't there a post of what the Stunticons would look like around here a few weeks ago?

Despite the fact the limbs don't change, I may get all of them for collection purposes. They aren't bad looking and kinda remind me of some of the Brave Transformer combinations though out those series.
Re: Generations Dirge Is Coming - More Revealed Via Wal*Mart Computers (1085581)
Posted by generalstratton on June 12th, 2010 @ 8:15pm CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:
Blurrz wrote:

I dunno, I'm choosing to have hope for Thundercracker.

Well supposedly the Botcon cone heads won't go down in value because, they are different molds (Wasn't Botcon Dirge just a repaint of ramjet?) but in the case of Thundercracker, i cannot see them getting away with that.

But i did notice the Botcon Thundercracker was very G1 accurate for Paint Job, much like the universe (classics 2.0) Starscream. So if they do re-issue Thundercracker, i hope they give him a stylized paint job, similar to the original classics (1.0) Starscream the mold is from.

This was we can still get our complete set of seekers, but the Botcon one still retains some value.
Re: Generations Dirge Is Coming - More Revealed Via Wal*Mart Computers (1085585)
Posted by bvzxa on June 12th, 2010 @ 8:22pm CDT
generalstratton wrote:
Gauntlet101010 wrote:
Blurrz wrote:

I dunno, I'm choosing to have hope for Thundercracker.

Dirge has remolded wings for Henkei version I believe.

Yeah I see no issue with Dirge at all if Hasbro uses the Takara mold.
Re: Generations Dirge Is Coming - More Revealed Via Wal*Mart Computers (1085589)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on June 12th, 2010 @ 8:26pm CDT
Heck Yes!!!
Re: Generations Dirge Is Coming - More Revealed Via Wal*Mart Computers (1085599)
Posted by Agamemnon on June 12th, 2010 @ 8:39pm CDT
In reference to Thundercracker, could we not get a G1 toy accurate version? I'd live with the darker blue and like generalstratton said, maybe give a more stylized or updated paint job. Here's a comparison picture of Botcon next to g1:

It'd be a real shame that I have 2 versions of Starscream and Acid Storm, but no Thundercracker for my seakers. (And that doesn't even count the other repaints of other planes...)
Re: Generations Dirge Is Coming - More Revealed Via Wal*Mart Computers (1085601)
Posted by --B-- on June 12th, 2010 @ 8:41pm CDT
TRA SCOUT FIRETRAP (UPC 6-53569-50329)
TRA SCOUT SUNSPOT (UPC 6-53569-50328)
TRA VOYAGER LUGNUT (UPC 6-53569-583)
TRA VOYAGER STRAFE (UPC 6-53569-55835)

WTF????

TRA VOYAGER GRAPPEL [sic] (UPC 6-53569-55834)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BE REMOLDED, NOT JUST REPAINTED!!!!
The remold can be re-painted green and called Hauler too! :grin:

And yeah for Dirge! I like the Henkei Wings better, I m loving hasbro for bringing these molds over. It really is a no brainer, since the Dirge and Thrust molds were already made, they just have to pay a little to Takomy to use them, much cheaper than making new molds for Generations.

Much the way Takomy was using them from Hasbro for Henkei and TFA!!!
Re: Generations Dirge Is Coming - More Revealed Via Wal*Mart Computers (1085619)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 12th, 2010 @ 9:39pm CDT
Ok, woot for Dirge. Really want Dirge. Also praying for a Ramjet, as I never got the Classics release. When I first saw Soundwave, I was like "HUH???" but then I remembered we already got the news for it, so then I was like "Oh, yeah, forgot about that". Darkmount, definitely bought, can't wait to see first pics of Blurr, Drift, bought, RPMs, meh, could care less for them, the Protectobots and Stunticons I want to see pics of them, or have we, just that I never got to them? So, basically, all this shortened in one sentence... All of them except most of the ROTF, Scouts, and Legends are bought for me. Definitely. =P~ =P~ =P~ :BANG_HEAD: :BOOM:
Re: Generations Dirge Is Coming - More Revealed Via Wal*Mart Computers (1085623)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 12th, 2010 @ 9:52pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:

Although we may not see a DELUXE 'Cracker, there's a 99.9% chance that they'll pull off a MASTERPIECE pack of 'Crackers. I mean, look at Starscream and Skywarp (and if my prediction is right, Thundercracker). Both had a little touch of crappy into them, but Hasbro put the band-aid on it by releasing Masterpiece exclusives. So in the end, expect a Masterpiece 'Cracker in a Wal-Mart/Target/Toys R Us/K-Mart-any-retail-that-sells-almost-anything near you. :lol:
Re: Generations Dirge Is Coming - More Revealed Via Wal*Mart Computers (1085624)
Posted by Blurrz on June 12th, 2010 @ 9:55pm CDT
Yeah, Masterpiece Thundercracker is pretty obvious> It'll probably be next year and at Wal*Mart, but that's for another time.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #264 - Kingdom Come
"Kingdom Come"
Posted: Sunday, November 22nd, 2020

Buy "Transformers Earthrise Figure Deluxe Quintesson Allicon - In Hand" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Star Convoy Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC Earthrise Scorponok - WFC-E25 Titan Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro War for Cybertron Siege Lot Soundwave Barricade Chromia" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Netflix Chromia Complete WFC Deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise, Decepticon Doublecrosser Battle Masters WFC-E39 Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS WFC-E30 LEGENDS FASTLANE & CLOUDRAKER 2 PACK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Accessory Runabout G1 High-energy Particle Beam Rifle Vintage 1986" on EBAY