Thursday, August 12th, 2010 7:14am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 71,820

Seibertron.com member kotoys continues his preview photo galleries, this time with images of the upcoming Generations Dirge, which is a redeco of Gentei! Gentei! Dirge, featuring new wings compared to BotCon 2007 Dirge. See the full gallery, including comparisons to Gentei! Gentei! Dirge here.

As always, Seibertron.com is your ultimate Transformers resource!

Credit(s): kotoys

Re: Generations Dirge Photogallery with Side-by-side Gentei! Gentei! Dirge Comparison (1112262)
Posted by Torneira on August 12th, 2010 @ 7:52am CDT
I am so glad that I didn't bought Henkei Dirge. Nowadays I've probably had to pay with shipment above 100 of euro's. I guess I would even coughed up 60 euro's to get him. But the Generations version is way better. I've got Generation Thrust as well and I love him. The only one I am missing is Thundercracker, but I am going to repaint Starscream into him.

Here's a pic of a custom made(e-hobby black version) of Classic Starscream.
Re: Generations Dirge Photogallery with Side-by-side Gentei! Gentei! Dirge Comparison (1112263)
Posted by autobot-jolt on August 12th, 2010 @ 7:53am CDT
Very nice, can't wait for him to hit stores. Dirge will be a good figure next to Roadbuster, seeing as my Universe Voyager Dirge that came with Roadbuster broke 2 weeks after I got him. :roll:
Re: Generations Dirge Photogallery with Side-by-side Gentei! Gentei! Dirge Comparison (1112268)
Posted by Torneira on August 12th, 2010 @ 7:58am CDT
Oops here he is
Re: Generations Dirge Photogallery with Side-by-side Gentei! Gentei! Dirge Comparison (1112278)
Posted by dragons on August 12th, 2010 @ 8:20am CDT
if i knew hasbro was going to make an unreleased version of takara verison of dirge & thrust i would have passed up on henkie and got hasbro versions.

but there is not much differnce beteween hasbro & henkei stripes on wings and logo on the chest in bot mode i would have perferd no stripes on wings to look better but i will still buy it
Re: Generations Dirge Photogallery with Side-by-side Gentei! Gentei! Dirge Comparison (1112293)
Posted by Aerialbot Commander on August 12th, 2010 @ 8:56am CDT
So glad I skipped the Henkei version of Thrust and now Dirge. Hasbro's version are SOOOO much better.
Re: Generations Dirge Photogallery with Side-by-side Gentei! Gentei! Dirge Comparison (1112304)
Posted by adamassc on August 12th, 2010 @ 9:33am CDT
face looks good, like the colors.

also-DIRGE!!!GRNEREJRISADFMGKNGO!!!!

*ahem* I'm definately gonna buy this guy. I've got a guy looking for a Ramjet for me, so all I'll need next is Thundercracker.
Re: Generations Dirge Photogallery with Side-by-side Gentei! Gentei! Dirge Comparison (1112325)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 12th, 2010 @ 10:18am CDT
It's hard to say which ones are more superior to the other; they both look epic. I'm really into the Generations line...... :lol: ;)
Re: Generations Dirge Photogallery with Side-by-side Gentei! Gentei! Dirge Comparison (1112327)
Posted by DMSL on August 12th, 2010 @ 10:25am CDT
I like the Henkei versions better, so still glad i bought them.
Re: Generations Dirge Photogallery with Side-by-side Gentei! Gentei! Dirge Comparison (1112340)
Posted by Counterpunch on August 12th, 2010 @ 10:59am CDT
The Generations one looks better. The black details are superior.
Re: Generations Dirge Photogallery with Side-by-side Gentei! Gentei! Dirge Comparison (1112371)
Posted by Stockade on August 12th, 2010 @ 12:14pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:The Generations one looks better. The black details are superior.

I agree with you about the black details on Dirge..
Re: Generations Dirge Photogallery with Side-by-side Gentei! Gentei! Dirge Comparison (1112399)
Posted by Skullcrunchberries on August 12th, 2010 @ 2:09pm CDT
Re: Generations Dirge Photogallery with Side-by-side Gentei! Gentei! Dirge Comparison (1112431)
Posted by No Death for Prowl on August 12th, 2010 @ 3:33pm CDT
I'm glad I didn't cave in for the Henkei version. The better Dirge will be available at a fraction of the cost.

Re: Generations Dirge Photogallery with Side-by-side Gentei! Gentei! Dirge Comparison (1112432)
Posted by Counterpunch on August 12th, 2010 @ 3:33pm CDT
Hoitytoity wrote:I ended up buying the Gentei Dirge for the wing mold, but honestly... Hasbro's outdone themselves. The blue is nicer, that black is fantastic especially when compared to the grey, and overall looks much cleaner. My only (minor) pet peeve is that I wish they gave him the fat missiles the Ramjet molds came with instead. Thankfully I can just switch them out with BotCon Thrust's fat missiles :3

All you ever want is fat missiles...
Re: Generations Dirge Photogallery with Side-by-side Gentei! Gentei! Dirge Comparison (1112434)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 12th, 2010 @ 3:36pm CDT
No Death for Prowl wrote:Still not sure why the sunburst stripes on the wings are necessary, but at least they are more subdued than the Henkei.

Because the original toy had them.
Re: Generations Dirge Photogallery with Side-by-side Gentei! Gentei! Dirge Comparison (1112447)
Posted by No Death for Prowl on August 12th, 2010 @ 4:14pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Because the original toy had them.

I did not know that. Thank you.

The updated stripes are not an improvement on the original, methinks.
Re: Generations Dirge Photogallery with Side-by-side Gentei! Gentei! Dirge Comparison (1112463)
Posted by bvzxa on August 12th, 2010 @ 4:47pm CDT
I call what ever is cheaper. I like Generations Dirge. I like Thrust too. I also hope that Genrations Dirge is not loose. My Thrust is pretty tight. The only seeker I hate now is Henkei Thundercracker.
Re: Generations Dirge Photogallery with Side-by-side Gentei! Gentei! Dirge Comparison (1112519)
Posted by Blurrz on August 12th, 2010 @ 6:20pm CDT
The mold that never dies...
Re: Generations Dirge Photogallery with Side-by-side Gentei! Gentei! Dirge Comparison (1112521)
Posted by Bullycon on August 12th, 2010 @ 6:22pm CDT
Note to self: Never buy Henkei toys ever again.

Sigh.
Re: Generations Dirge Photogallery with Side-by-side Gentei! Gentei! Dirge Comparison (1112526)
Posted by Flux Convoy on August 12th, 2010 @ 6:29pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Nice comparison shots, both Gen. Thrust and Dirge will have a spot in my collection depending on this: any chance of close-ups on his face? I'm worried about the possible mold degradation shown at SDCC.

You've mentioned this before and I still don't know what mold degradation you're talking about. I do see a handpainted mess of a face on the one displayed at SDCC. The ones used at Botcon were fine if not perfect. Not trying to be argumentative but that dogs got no legs to stand mate.
:BOT:
Re: Generations Dirge Photogallery with Side-by-side Gentei! Gentei! Dirge Comparison (1112637)
Posted by Skyfire77 on August 12th, 2010 @ 9:52pm CDT
Aaaaaand preordered. My wallet weeps, but my inner 10 year old rejoices. :KREMZEEK:

No Death for Prowl wrote:I checked a pic of G1 Dirge and, lo and behold, the stripes are there, but they run parallel to the body of the jet mode and actually accentuate the figure pretty nicely, IMO.

Anyone for a betting pool on how long it'll take Reprolables to produce G1-correct stripes?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "Series 4 MEGATRON Transformers Tiny Turbo Changers Movie Edition 2018 Hasbro New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BotCon 2003 T-Shirt XL Optimus Prime vs. Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Scattershot New MIB Betatron Combiner Scattorshot " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Ironhide New MIB Optimus Maximus Combiner Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Optimus Prime, MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BOTBOTS.Magic Tricksters.Series 4.The Great Mumbo Bumblo.Figure.NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Optimus Prime New MIB Ultra Prime Combiner Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro 2011 Transformers Bot Shots Brawl new sealed series 1 017" on EBAY