Generations Dirge Variant / Ongoing Change

Transformers News: Generations Dirge Variant / Ongoing Change

Monday, December 20th, 2010 5:49AM CST

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 57,644

Variant collectors, there's a new bounty out there to hunt! Waves currently shipping that contain Generations Dirge feature the conehead with his allegiance symbol altered. Originally, Dirge features an incorrect Decepticon symbol. This variant is nearly identical, except it has the correct symbol, with the white triangle in the top of the Decepticon head. Documented in 49 new photos in Dirge's gallery, check out the variant below. If you want to see the rest of the photos, click the link or picture!

Generations Dirge (New Variant)

Keep it at Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Generations Dirge Variant / Ongoing Change (1159272)
Posted by Fistful of Energon on December 20th, 2010 @ 6:38am CST
HA! I never even noticed mine had incorrect symbols. nice
Re: Generations Dirge Variant / Ongoing Change (1159276)
Posted by vectorA3 on December 20th, 2010 @ 6:55am CST
Last week I bought a Dirge for a trade, but it has since then fell through. I have the incorrect symbol version. PM if interested. Otherwise I'm returning it to the store. thanks.
Re: Generations Dirge Variant / Ongoing Change (1159279)
Posted by Sideswipe 00 on December 20th, 2010 @ 7:01am CST
i also have the incorrect symbol as well...PM and make an offer if you'd like 8) :D photos if requested :)
Re: Generations Dirge Variant / Ongoing Change (1159286)
Posted by Beericade on December 20th, 2010 @ 7:20am CST
Re: Generations Dirge Variant / Ongoing Change (1159293)
Posted by Sideswipe 00 on December 20th, 2010 @ 7:30am CST
Sileny Jizda wrote:I've got the same thing missing on mine. Funny as heck too since I thought something was off on the wings the whole time but couldn't place it. LOL

lolz mines still in package and the incorrect symbol is only on one of the wings.
Re: Generations Dirge Variant / Ongoing Change (1159294)
Posted by Rated X on December 20th, 2010 @ 7:30am CST
Re: Generations Dirge Variant / Ongoing Change (1159297)
Posted by Sideswipe 00 on December 20th, 2010 @ 7:33am CST
Rated X wrote:I bought an extra Digre myself for safe keepings. Will this increase the value ???

YES!! OVER 9000x!!! HAHAHAHAHA >D xD lol prob only a couple of bucks for now until they stop making him completely.

Selling mine...$3000!! XD :P lol

Truthfully, I am selling mine PM me any offers :BOT:
Re: Generations Dirge Variant / Ongoing Change (1159329)
Posted by Trikeboy on December 20th, 2010 @ 9:20am CST
OMG, I never noticed mine had an incorrect faction symbol. It is the same on chest too, haha. Man, I am not too observant.
Re: Generations Dirge Variant / Ongoing Change (1159335)
Posted by Kibble on December 20th, 2010 @ 9:39am CST
I doubt the messed up ones will be worth any more...if anything, I'd think the corrected version would be more desirable. I know I have the first run version and I'd rather have the updated one. Whether it's a big enough deal to spend another $10 on something so minor that I previously didn't even notice is the question?
Re: Generations Dirge Variant / Ongoing Change (1159336)
Posted by DISCHARGE on December 20th, 2010 @ 9:40am CST
Sideswipe 00 wrote:

Selling mine...$3000!! XD :P lol

Truthfully, I am selling mine PM me any offers :BOT:

I really think you are lowballing this most precious gift.

Looks like the money train is gonna be rollin' into the station! Soon I will be eating caviar from endangered fish and wearing pants made of gold, never wearing the same pair more than 15 minutes at a time. My pool will be filled w/ water from only the most virgin water sources, obviously changed before every dive. On top of that I will have top scientists and engineers build me my own woking, sentient Optimus Primeand Megatron and hold nightly battles for my own amusement. Damn life is gonna be SWEET! Yes sir! Things are finally looking up. Thank you Dirge!!
Re: Generations Dirge Variant / Ongoing Change (1159359)
Posted by TFGnome on December 20th, 2010 @ 10:56am CST
sweet
i just checked mine out,
and sure enough he's got the goofed up faction symbol
MOSC too
Re: Generations Dirge Variant / Ongoing Change (1159363)
Posted by germismith on December 20th, 2010 @ 11:03am CST
Re: Generations Dirge Variant / Ongoing Change (1159364)
Posted by TFGnome on December 20th, 2010 @ 11:05am CST
germismith wrote:Oooooh! Is it wrong that I have a variant with both? His left wing has the correct symbol, his right has the incorrect, and his chest has the incorrect symbol as well. I post pics when I can get to an actual computer. =P~

so now we have all incorrect, correct and hybrid...
i smell a nerd rampage coming
Re: Generations Dirge Variant / Ongoing Change (1159366)
Posted by Beericade on December 20th, 2010 @ 11:14am CST
LOL, I have the chest fubar symbol too. go figure. Now I'm going to be looking for the one that is hybrid and look right. The wife is going to kill me for sure now.
Re: Generations Dirge Variant / Ongoing Change (1159368)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 20th, 2010 @ 11:22am CST
TFGnome wrote:

so now we have all incorrect, correct and hybrid...
i smell a nerd rampage coming

And lots of nitpicking to boot :P
Re: Generations Dirge Variant / Ongoing Change (1159372)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 20th, 2010 @ 11:39am CST
I didn't even see the differences in the pic til you guys mentioned it. I was like "Okay, 2 Dirges. What's the dif? They look the same to me.", then I saw the first's symbol, then I was like "Ooooh, OK, I see it now!". Go figure. :grin: :lol:
Re: Generations Dirge Variant / Ongoing Change (1159389)
Posted by germismith on December 20th, 2010 @ 12:16pm CST
Here 'e is:

:BOOM:
Re: Generations Dirge Variant / Ongoing Change (1159409)
Posted by Badassimus Prime on December 20th, 2010 @ 1:14pm CST
Not worth the headache. Just get a faction label sheet from Reprolabels and call it a day. Interesting find though.
Re: Generations Dirge Variant / Ongoing Change (1159446)
Posted by It Is Him on December 20th, 2010 @ 2:37pm CST
I saw the correct version at the store today. Passed for now.
Re: Generations Dirge Variant / Ongoing Change (1159479)
Posted by Flux Convoy on December 20th, 2010 @ 3:48pm CST
I'm just happy mine has all the same (incorrect) symbol instead of a mishmash. I can live with it. I would never have noticed unless it was pointed out anyway.
:BOT: