Transformers News: Generations Earthrise Airwave, Megatron, Smokescreen and More Revealed Ahead of Toy Fair 2020

Friday, February 21st, 2020 1:17pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: ScottyP   Views: 18,232

The Hasbro brand toolkit for Transformers has been updated and provides several new product reveals for the ever popular Transformers Generations War for Cybertron: Earthrise lineup. Thanks to several tips from Seibertron.com users for directing us to the updated toolkit, and check out the product copy, stock renders and images below. Then, stay tuned this weekend for more information on these and other Transformers products set to be shown at New York Toy Fair 2020.

Transformers: Generations War for Cybertron: Earthrise Battle Masters WFC-E39 Decepticon
Doublecrosser
(Ages 8 and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $5.99 / Available: October 1, 2020)
The WFC-E39 DECEPTICON DOUBLECROSSER figure stands at 1.5 inches tall, converts into crosscompatible
shield accessory mode in 7 steps, and comes with a Fire Blasts accessory. DECEPTICON
DOUBLECROSSER in weapon mode also doubles as a small Modular Battle Station module that connects
Battle Stations together.

Transformers: Generations War for Cybertron: Earthrise Micromaster WFC-E16 Astro Squad
(Ages 8 and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $9.99 / Available: August 1, 2020)
The WFC-E16 ASTRO SQUAD 2-pack comes with AUTOBOT BLAST MASTER and FUZER Micromaster
figures, each standing at 1.5 inches tall and can convert to combine into space shuttle mode in 16 steps.
Both figures are to scale with Modular Battle Stations and can ride along their connector tracks.

Transformers: Generations War for Cybertron: Earthrise Micromaster WFC-E15 Race Track Patrol
(Ages 8 and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $9.99 / Available: August 1, 2020)
The WFC-E15 RACE TRACK PATROL 2-pack comes with DECEPTICON GROUND HOG and ROLLER FORCE
Micromaster figures, each standing at 1.5 inches tall and can convert into mini toy car modes in 4 steps.

Transformers: Generations War for Cybertron: Earthrise Deluxe WFC-E18 Airwave Modulator
(Ages 8 and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $19.99 / Available: August 1, 2020)
The WFC-E18 AIRWAVE MODULATOR figure stands at 5.5 inches tall, comes with 2 accessories, and
disassembles in 12 steps and reassembles into Modular Battle Station mode in 6 steps or launcher mode
in 12 steps. The conniving DECEPTICON aerial defender, AIRWAVE, also converts to Modular Battle Station
Mode and the figure’s disassembled parts can be used to armor up and modify other figures.

Transformers: Generations War for Cybertron: Earthrise Deluxe WFC-E20 Smokescreen
(Ages 8 and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $19.99 / Available: August 1, 2020)
The WFC-E20 SMOKESCREEN figure stands at 5.5 inches tall and converts into classic G1 race car mode in
16 steps. The cunning AUTOBOT diversionary tactician, SMOKESCREEN, also comes with 3 weapon
accessories – a blaster and 2 shoulder cannon accessories that can be attached to the figure in both
modes.

Transformers: Generations War for Cybertron: Earthrise Voyager WFC-E38 Megatron
(Ages 8 and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $29.99 / Available: October 1, 2020)
The WFC-E38 MEGATRON figure stands at 7 inches tall and converts into classic G1 Cybertronian tank
mode in 17 steps. The cunning DECEPTICON leader, MEGATRON, also comes with 2 weapon accessories.

Credit(s): Hasbro

Re: Generations Earthrise Airwave, Megatron, Smokescreen and More Revealed Ahead of Toy Fair 2020 (2053314)
Posted by ǝuoǝɥʇʎɹɐɔ on February 21st, 2020 @ 1:25pm CST
Shamelessly lifted from TFW, but edited for your viewing pleasure. Clicky for a better view.

newER.png

So the Quitesson is a baseformer modulator bot? Snapdragon looks a little Apefacey to me :-?
Re: Generations Earthrise Airwave, Megatron, Smokescreen and More Revealed Ahead of Toy Fair 2020 (2053315)
Posted by Lore Keeper on February 21st, 2020 @ 1:28pm CST
Re: Generations Earthrise Airwave, Megatron, Smokescreen and More Revealed Ahead of Toy Fair 2020 (2053316)
Posted by Solipsist on February 21st, 2020 @ 1:29pm CST
That 'Scoponok' looks AMAZING! Gonna have to save my pennies to try to get one of that figure. 'Arcee' is fantastic looking too. 'Skylynx' is so close to the G1 animated screen version it makes me shed a tear. This truly is a "New Golden Era" for fans of Transformers, especially for G1 fans and those who grew up with G1 original series.

:-D ;)^ :APPLAUSE: :yinyang:
Re: Generations Earthrise Airwave, Megatron, Smokescreen and More Revealed Ahead of Toy Fair 2020 (2053317)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 21st, 2020 @ 1:31pm CST
Re: Generations Earthrise Airwave, Megatron, Smokescreen and More Revealed Ahead of Toy Fair 2020 (2053318)
Posted by ǝuoǝɥʇʎɹɐɔ on February 21st, 2020 @ 1:31pm CST
Lore Keeper wrote:Have you ever felt insulted by a toy reveal?
No, nor can I imagine. I like when I'm not interested, saves me money, time and shelf space.

With that said, I just opened ER Starscream and he's good, like please don't redeco the mold into TC and SW good. Just some coneheads please.
Re: Generations Earthrise Airwave, Megatron, Smokescreen and More Revealed Ahead of Toy Fair 2020 (2053320)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on February 21st, 2020 @ 1:32pm CST
So...Megatron goes from being a Tank in SIEGE, to being the same tank BUT BLACKER on Earth?

I mean, it IS a great Vouager class Megs, but this will be the third mainline use of this mold with slightly different deco/tooling. I mean, at least Optimus is a new figure, even if it’s still just a GEEWUN-style. But I was sincerely hoping for an aerial-based alt-mode for Megs in Earthrise. Once again, I expected too much from John Warden.
Re: Generations Earthrise Airwave, Megatron, Smokescreen and More Revealed Ahead of Toy Fair 2020 (2053321)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on February 21st, 2020 @ 1:35pm CST
Re: Generations Earthrise Airwave, Megatron, Smokescreen and More Revealed Ahead of Toy Fair 2020 (2053322)
Posted by Randomhero on February 21st, 2020 @ 1:41pm CST
Lore Keeper wrote:Have you ever felt insulted by a toy reveal? I didn't think it was possible, but that's how Smokescreen and Megatron are making me feel right now. The other reveals are, of course, awesome.

To be insulted by a toy says less about the toy and more about someone who says they’re insulted by it.
Re: Generations Earthrise Airwave, Megatron, Smokescreen and More Revealed Ahead of Toy Fair 2020 (2053323)
Posted by Iron Prime on February 21st, 2020 @ 1:41pm CST
Sentinel_Primal wrote:Doubledealer and Snapdragon! Awesome! Though, it looks like the Powermaster engine might just be sculpted in... Or it could be similar to a Prime Master... Either way, that's a tad disappointing. I was hoping for a proper Powermaster, but I'm mostly just excited for a proper Doubledealer

He was one of my favorite toys growing up.
Re: Generations Earthrise Airwave, Megatron, Smokescreen and More Revealed Ahead of Toy Fair 2020 (2053324)
Posted by blackeyedprime on February 21st, 2020 @ 1:49pm CST
Hoping doubledealer has some power master gimmickery and (maybe wrongly) snapdragon plastic matches ape faces.

Quints... Going to need one for every face. Liking the base mode a lot too.

All icons, going to be wanting three of those.

Micromasters shuttles look great.

Still hoping for a racknruin to be shown so I can avoid buying the cyber verse one.

Runamuck looks to be his own mold? Looks different enough from cliff or wheel jack to be his own thing anyways which is great even if lacking some orange.

Fingers crossed rest of the autobot datsun cars aren't just select/exclusives even if it clutters up main line figure slots. Earthrise looks to be getting more of my money other than plain grey megatron.
Re: Generations Earthrise Airwave, Megatron, Smokescreen and More Revealed Ahead of Toy Fair 2020 (2053325)
Posted by Munkky on February 21st, 2020 @ 1:53pm CST
Smokescreen and Megatron look decent enough, I skipped the Siege version of Prowl because I wasn't keen on the vehicle mode design, but if this Smokescreen is repainted into a Prowl I'll get that. With Megatron, I'm still happy with my Combiner Wars Leader, but I'm really eager to see Takara's new Super Megatron we heard about a while ago (if it's even still happening).
Re: Generations Earthrise Airwave, Megatron, Smokescreen and More Revealed Ahead of Toy Fair 2020 (2053327)
Posted by frogbat on February 21st, 2020 @ 1:55pm CST
Cant wait to see the alt modes... the quintesson especially. The allicon and runamuck look great. Doubledealer... will get him but the origjbal g 1 toy was awesome back in the day, hope this one captures some of that too.

The mm airbase was one i really wanted as a kid, this looks amazing. They could have a whole sub brand of these things...

Megatron feels a bit disappointing but a lot of it has to do with how earth like his wfc mould was. Im skipping star scream, not sure bout megs as i got prime...

Smokescreen is a might get... probably if part of a whole wave for sale or something. He is my fave dutsan.

So yeah this is gonna be another expensive year.
Re: Generations Earthrise Airwave, Megatron, Smokescreen and More Revealed Ahead of Toy Fair 2020 (2053329)
Posted by william-james88 on February 21st, 2020 @ 1:57pm CST

I will be honest, that megs feels a bit like a slap in the face. He was the least interesting design from the voyagers in Earthrise (but still a solid figure) so seeing that they used that same design for an "earth mode" feels lame. All to say... easy pass.

Smokescreen does give fans an earth alt mode and finally proves that what came out the previous year is in no way a factor into what can come out the year after. I had predicted that this was exactly what we would get with smokescreen. Wait till next year where we get another datsun mold and Bluestreak is the one available at retail.
Re: Generations Earthrise Airwave, Megatron, Smokescreen and More Revealed Ahead of Toy Fair 2020 (2053330)
Posted by Bonfireben on February 21st, 2020 @ 1:59pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Image

The powermaster chest piece on Doubledealer looks fairly big, maybe even the size of Siege Soundwave’s chest compartment. Perhaps Knok and Skar might come later as a Spy Patrol set repaint of Rumble & Ratbat.
Re: Generations Earthrise Airwave, Megatron, Smokescreen and More Revealed Ahead of Toy Fair 2020 (2053331)
Posted by ScottyP on February 21st, 2020 @ 2:03pm CST
I don't find them insulting, Hasbro wants to make money and they'll sell plenty of these.

I do find them very boring though. One day my prince will come and not be a legion class toy.
Re: Generations Earthrise Airwave, Megatron, Smokescreen and More Revealed Ahead of Toy Fair 2020 (2053333)
Posted by william-james88 on February 21st, 2020 @ 2:08pm CST
If you go on the Walmart barcode scan app, you can see new listings for Transformers Earthrise figures. Not all have pictures, but some do. You cannot to into the listing, but you can still see the thumbnail, which is pictured below. You will find a deluxe Alicon, deluxe Runamuk, voyager Snapdragon, leader Doubledealer and Earthrise's Quintesson judge figure. That last one was said to be a voyager before and it has a modular element to it, something we saw more with the deluxes. They all look exactly as can be expected from the current stance of being as faithful as possible to G1, at least when it comes to mainline mass market toys. These screenshots below were taken by Jtprime17, who first posted them on TFW's message boards. Let us know what you think!

Re: Generations Earthrise Airwave, Megatron, Smokescreen and More Revealed Ahead of Toy Fair 2020 (2053334)
Posted by bluecatcinema on February 21st, 2020 @ 2:08pm CST
Doubledealer, Snapdragon, an Allicon, and a Quintesson. It's like all my dreams are coming true at once.
Re: Generations Earthrise Airwave, Megatron, Smokescreen and More Revealed Ahead of Toy Fair 2020 (2053335)
Posted by Cobotron on February 21st, 2020 @ 2:15pm CST
ScottyP wrote:[ One day my prince will come and not be a legion class toy.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That Alicon looks double dippin' monkey flippin' army buildin' DOOOOOOPE!!!!

As one of the worlds foremost Datsun Bros super fan, I love the classic look of that Smokescreen, but man I'm having a hard time with this. I mean I saw this coming as soon as it was rumored, but C'MON!!!! Money doesn't grow on trees.

Though I would personally like to thank Earthrise Megatron for saving me some scratch! ;)^
Re: Generations Earthrise Airwave, Megatron, Smokescreen and More Revealed Ahead of Toy Fair 2020 (2053336)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 21st, 2020 @ 2:17pm CST
From that picture, Snapdragon look meh...
But this sucker will still buy it.

So far, Doubledealer look awesome! Too bad his Powermasters would surely have to be bought separately. They could easily be Soundwave Casettes remolds.
Re: Generations Earthrise Airwave, Megatron, Smokescreen and More Revealed Ahead of Toy Fair 2020 (2053337)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on February 21st, 2020 @ 2:18pm CST
I hope that ER Starscream DOES get Skywarp and Thundercracker redecoes as well as the coneheads. With as many SIEGE Starscreams as are clogging shelves and with how hard it is to find SIEGE Skywarp, frankly they should have led with Skywarp instead of Screamer. It would have been fitting too, since Skywarp was the first get an Earth mode and awaken.

MKyuun wrote:Respectfully, the argument that Earthrise Arcee's shell/parts-formation was necessary to enable waist swivel doesn't convince me, as MMC's Azalea has perfect transformation coalescing her car fenders into her shoulder pods, while maintaining the waist swivel. It's certainly doable.
Azalea doesn't count, because Azalea doesn't retain a G1-accurate car mode. Azalea is also bigger, so delicacy is less of an issue (or is it? Does Azalea have breakage problems?) and there's more room to work with.
MKyuun wrote:I don't share the optimism that her 'hoverboard', as it were, integrates into the transformation. It'd be a slight improvement, but it's certainly going to add considerable bulk to her backpack if it does, or if it at least snaps onto the backpack, given that it doesn't appear to collapse into a smaller form.
I think it will either fold over the rest of the backpack, or between the backpack and her back.
MKyuun wrote:I think Takara just gave up on this design, and went the simplest route by making her a nice looking action figure with basically a hinged hoodie and 2/3 snap-on alt mode. To my eye, little to nothing of that robot mode becomes a car, and you could easily remove the top of her backpack, join it to the lower half, and have a complete stand alone car and robot, as neither mode requires anything of the other.
Oh, I'm not saying she's not a shellformer - she's right up there with Break and Big Convoy. But I can at least see why they did it that way. Perhaps they did take the easy way out by doing that to gain the pelvis swivel, but it's not an incomprehensible thing. And I think she has enough fun factor and good looks to make up for her shortcomings. I'm not as disappointed in her as I am in the waste that is ER Megatron; the only thing he looks to have over the SIEGE version is MAYBEbarrel elevation, and he's still just as bland-looking. HasTak should either change him to G2 colors before release or just scrap him altogether. :evil: :-x

Gauntlet101010 wrote:Image
A very nice, feminine figured Arcee. No partsforming needed here.

3rd party figures have a few non-partsforming deluxe Arcees. I know we're talking about official figures here, but it CAN be done.

I wouldn't have minded the parts forming if it wasn't so egregious. Or if the hoverboard looked like a hoverboard. There's a 3rd party Arcee called Motobot who's all about partsforming. But her parts assemble into sick guns! She remains one of my favourite figures.

Why do so many people seemingly not know about this Arcee? No partsforming here either. Well, except for her smaller gun. No prayer of a waist swivel on this Arcee, though.

-Kanrabat- wrote:
Microbot wrote:
o.supreme wrote:
Sentinel_Primal wrote: Making TR Overlord the leader by default I guess....

I hope they remake another new Overlord into this WFC series

I'd be down for a Titan Class Overlord.
I think Overlord would be better as a Commander class.

My thoughts on the newer reveals:
Airwave is cool and looks like a lot of fun.

Smokescreen isn't the most exciting, but it does mean he'll be easier to find.

Megatron needs to take either a bath in green plastic dye, or a flying leap. :BANG_HEAD: I'm going to send a complaint letter before he has a chance to pollute store shelves.

Snapdragon, Runamuck, the Allicon, the Quintesson, and Doubledealer are quite good looking. I'm especially excited for Snapdragon and Doubledealer.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #244 - Call Me Maybe
"Call Me Maybe"
Posted: Saturday, March 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Wolfwire & Monxo 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager Battle Core Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Grax & Skullsmasher (IN STOCK USA)" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS  TITANS RETURN MONXO & WIREWOLF 2015 Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return SLUGSLINGER Deluxe Generations w NIGHTBEAT Master" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise RID Galvatron Tiny Titan Wave 4 G1 mini figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Maximus Combiner Wars COMPLETE SET! ALL MISP" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Class Twinferno & Daburu 100% Complete" on EBAY